• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 6

Rainbow Dash trotted down the dark streets, eyeing each stall they passed with intrigue and caution. Pinkie bounced happily beside her, a large grin stuck on her face as she waved at every pony, griffon and even the odd zebra they passed. Fluttershy hid behind them, trying to keep out of everyone's view. Shining Armor, at Rainbow's insistence, walked at the back of the group. This was the black market. Despite Shining Armor's protests, Rainbow had insisted that it was the best place to get souvenirs for her aunt and mother, and so they had walked over to the shady side of Trottingham. They had made their way down a series of ally ways, following directions given to them by an old griffon, and they eventually reached a set of streets invisible from above, due to the ceilings. The houses surrounding the market place had all built an outcrop from the side to create a sort of tunnel, that now housed the black market.

So as not to cause commotion and to be on the safe side, all of them had taken off any clothing that would pin them as working for, or being part of the royal family. They all had varying opinions on the matter. Pinkie felt happy, but only because she always was, so none of them really knew how she felt about not having to wear her gown. Fluttershy felt slightly uncomfortable, she was glad to have gotten rid of the itchy gown, but wearing nothing but her locket made her feel slightly naked. Shining Armor felt weird, he wasn't used to not wearing his armor around any of the royals. Rainbow Dash felt awesome, not having to wear her crown allowed her more movement of her head, she didn't have to keep it held high and straight just to stop the crown from falling off, and not wearing make-up meant that her face no longer felt covered and uncomfortable. But, the best bit was not having to wear the long flowing dress, that would drag along the floor if it weren't for the magic coat that was it's under layer, preventing the actual dress from touching the ground.

Rainbow had already found souvenirs for her mother and aunt, now, she was looking for one for herself. She was looking along each stall when a certain figurine of a dragon caught her eye. It looked like it was made of wood, but when she got closer, she realised it was made of a type of metal. The wave pattern on the dragon's body flowed downwards, starting at the head and ending at the tail. The dragon had it's wings open in a landing position, and it's legs were stuck out. It stood on it's hind legs, on the claws, as if they had just touched down, it's body bent forward ever so slightly, with the forelegs reaching to grasp at the ground. It had two, diamond shaped, pea sized emeralds as it's eyes. It looked awesome. Rainbow looked up at the pony who stood behind the stall, he was a middle aged pegasus, with a deep blue coat and a lighter blue mane.

"See you've got eye's for the Damascus Dragon." The stallion said, Rainbow listened with curiosity "T'was made by a race called the Burrowers, thousands of years ago. Said that it contains some powerful magic, but no-one knows how to use it. Can give any creature strength, they say. Course, that's just what they say 'bout it, no-one really knows for sure." He picked up the dragon, and traced his hoof along the waves "Made of Damascus steel, this is, no-one know's how to make it any more, makes it very valuable. If you want it, your gonna have to have a fair amount on you."

"Do you take gems as payment?" Rainbow asked, motioning to Fluttershy to give her the saddlebags

"Oh yes, I'll take any form of currency as payment, from Draconian silvers to Griffonian dimes." Rainbow Dash smiled, and reached into the saddle bags with a wing, she then pulled out a small silk bag, a simple gold pattern sewn onto it. Opening the bag, she took out two red diamonds, both about the size of peas.

"Would these do?" Rainbow smirked slightly when she saw the stallion's face, oh, the perks of being princess. The stallion regained his composure and eyed the diamonds suspiciously

"They authentic?" He asked

"Yup, you can examine them if you want." Rainbow held out one of the diamonds between two of her feathers, careful to keep the other enclosed in her wing, lest the stallion try to make a run with the gem and dragon. Fortunately though, the stallion did no such thing, as he carefully took the diamond in one of his own wings, and took out an eyepiece from his own saddlebags with the other. He then began to carefully examine the gemstone, turning it over several times, looking at each cut with great detail. After a few minutes he put the eyepiece back and looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Authentic." He said, after a lengthy pause, his eyes were slightly wider than normal due to shock, and a small smile graced his lips. "These two together? Be about 16 million bits in equestrian currency. You, lassy, have got yourself a deal." And he held out a wing to which Rainbow grasped it in her own wing, and shook it. "There you go, the Damascus Dragon is all yours."

"Thanks." Rainbow replied, she picked up the idol and held out the other diamond for him to take.


Rarity was heading back to the ship for a night's rest, Wooden had said that the repairs wouldn't interfere with any of the cabins and they could still use them if they needed to. She walked along the docks with weary steps, it hadn't been an especially long or tiring day, but the stress of things was starting to get to her. She had just reached the ship and was about to board it when,

"Capp'n!" A voice shouted from behind her, she turned around, it was Star hunter

"Hello, Hunter, what prices were offered today, any good ones?"

"Umm, yes Capp'n, a real good 'un" His eyes darted to his left, then to the right, as he remembered that he was supposed to ask Captain Rarity before he sold the idol

"How much? 7 million bits? Remember, if it's any less than that, then we can't afford to sell it, running a pirate crew is expensive, what with all the food and medical supplies, not to mention how much Wooden is charging us for these repairs, you really can't trust anyone anymore. And where's the idol?"

"Uhh, well, you see, Capp'n, I already sold it. Didn't want to lose the chance."

"What chance? I told you to contact me before you sold it! Now you've probably gone and wasted it! The money's probably fake! Do you have any idea how easy it is to fake bits in Equestria? Extremely easy! In fact, Equestrian bits were rated the second easiest currency to fake! Right after Hippocampi shells!" Rarity fumed

"Capp'n, well, t'wasn't bits I was payed in. T'was diamonds, Capp'n Rarity, authentic too! Examined them myself." At this, Rarity calmed down, if Star hunter said they were authentic, then she believed him, his knack for gem's was part of the reason he became part of the crew.

"How many, and how much are they worth?" She asked, still laced with a bit of anger, but much calmer now

"Two red diamonds, Capp'n, worth 'bout 8 million bits each." Star hunter's eyes glistened happily, "Didn't want to lose that chance. Mare looked proper fancy like, nice and clean, no dirt or nothing, might not have been in the market tomorrow, had a big stallion with her an everything, not wearin' anything fancy like, but didn't fit in that's for sure, brought up in high class society that mare. Up and offered 16 mil for the idol, had to sell it there and then, you understand, don't you Capp'n?" Rarity just stood there and stared, the corners of her mouth twitched up a bit

"Sh-show me the diamonds." She ordered. With a quick nod, Star hunter took out the two red diamonds that he had traded the idol for, and handed them over to Rarity. She took them in her magic, and examined them both carefully, she gained the approximate weight from them both-4 carats, very rare for red diamonds- both diamonds were cut in the cushion cut pattern, and they were a brilliant red, 16 million bits would be the least they'd get for these. "I can't believe it." Rarity murmured to herself, a small smile growing on her face, finally, a lucky break. She could easily pay for the rest of her mother's medicine, and the extra treatment that would help speed up her rehabilitation. She could easily pay Wooden Plank for his hard work, and she could start her own hoard like every other pirate. Her smile started to fade though, as she realised something, "You said that the mare who bought it looked like she was from high class society?"

"Y-yes Capp'n, was accompanied by two other mares and a stallion. All looking out of place in the dark streets of the black market." Rarity's gaze hardened

"We'll need to be more careful, she could have just been to the spa, like I, to get that nice and clean, but we can't take that risk, there's a big chance she's a noble working for the Queen, if she knows where the black market is, then she could easily figure out how to get to the cove. Let the other's know to be on guard at all times, we might have to deal with some royal guards soon."

"Aye Aye Capp'n."