• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 2

Dinner with the royal family of Zebrica was fairly quiet, nopony said anything, however, Pinkie Pie had to force herself to stay by Rainbow's side so that she didn't just jump up to say hi to the royal Zebra family. As Queen Celestia finished eating, she broke the silence,

"I hope that all is well in the Lands of Zebrica, King Obataiye?"

"Oh yes, food is growing by the plenty, especially now that Spring has sprung upon us." King Obataiye was a joyful Zebra, getting on in his years, he wasn't an immortal Alicorn like Queen Celestia or Princess Luna, but he had held the throne for many years and was known as the longest reining, mortal, monarch on the Eastern side of the Globe. Queen Aceria was much younger than him, and she wasn't the first of King Obataiye's wives, she was, in fact, his third. Although, she was the only wife to bear him foals, heirs to the throne. King Obataiye now had two blossoming young children, a young stallion and a young mare.

"Indeed." Agreed Queen Aceria

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm also glad to hear news that the dispute raging within your borders has finally settled. I'm sure your both glad to have won against the rebels. A good thing too, Equis knows what would have happened should Mwamba have won."

"Yes, though only thanks to my sister, Folade, did we really win. She certainly has a way with words to argue out a peace treaty with the Democracy, which eventually lead to their defeat." Queen Aceria said

"Wonderful."

"We're also very grateful for your help, Queen Celestia." King Obataiye said

"Mother." Princess Rainbow Dash said, interrupting the conversation, "Would you mind if I head back to my bed chambers now?"

"Really, Princess Rainbow? If you must, but please be a dear and take Prince Adofo and Princess Zecora with you? I'm sure they'd love to be given a tour of the palace." Queen Celestia, with a little more than suggestion in her voice

"Yes mother. Come on Prince and Princess, if you want a tour you'd best follow, otherwise we'll be heading straight to my bedchambers."

"I would like that very much, Princess Rainbow." Prince Adofo said "And you? Dear sister?"

"Of this palace a tour, I would very much adore." Princess Zecora said,

"Let us go then. Come on then, and you Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie." With that, the five young ponies walked out of the room. Queen Celestia looked questioningly at Queen Aceria

"Don't worry about my daughter's speech, it is a habit she has had since her first words."

As soon as the large dining room doors behind them had shut, all three royal children slumped their shoulders and sighed. They then looked at one another, suddenly panicking that they had been caught acting 'like a commoner', only to find that the others had done the same. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie looked on, slightly confused at their actions, and not having dropped their act yet. The three royals shared a quick laugh before introducing themselves properly,

"Name's Rainbow Dash! Fastest flyer and the most awesome pony in all of Equestria!" Rainbow Dash introduced herself

"Adofo, King of pranks and Zebrica's greatest joker." Adofo held out his hoof

"Zecora is my name, rhyming is my game. Although I do believe pranking and joking to be quite the same."

"Heh, no-zebra rhymes like my little sister. And FYI, Joking and pranking are two completely different things."

"Yup, you can't mix the two up, oh and, we'll see who's the King of pranks! I'll have you know that nopony has ever beaten me at a game of Prank wars."

"Well maybe it just needs a zebra to knock you off your throne."

"I don't want to sound mean, but doesn't being a mare make you a queen?" Everypony turned to look at the Zebra princess, who was looking at Rainbow Dash in slight confusion

"Uhhh, It's a saying, Zecora."

"Umm, Princess Rainbow? I don't want to interrupt, but, shouldn't we get this tour going?" A worried Fluttershy said

"Seriously, Flutters? Drop the 'princess' and, maybe. Do you two still want this tour?" Rainbow Dash turned her attention back to the Zebras

"Meh, not really." Adofo said,

"As much as a tour would be nice, I will agree with my brother to make the answer of no, twice."

"Uhh, OK. Well, lets head to my room then. Come on Pinkie! Flutters!"


"Captain Rarity." Twilight, the sea-artist of the ship, said, gaining the attention of the ivory unicorn, "The artifact has been located and we are currently sending some of the crew to retrieve it, also, Sweetie Belle has spotted a navy ship to the east."

"Drat, how far off?"

"She was unable to give an accurate answer, but she says about half a mile off possibly further., they haven't spotted us yet, which is good, but we may want to stick around here until they have gone."

"Righty-o. Tell Spike to take over from Sweetie and get him to call if they leave."

"Yes Captain. Anything else you wanted?"

"Yes, tell me, who left to get the artifact?"

"First-mate Applejack, Master-gunner Thunderlane, Third-mate Octavia and I believe that Cabin-foal Scootaloo managed to sneak away with them."

"Right. We'll stay here until they get back, and until the navy ship has gone. But that Cabin-foal needs to learn that she can't run off like that, or I'll make sure to drop her off at Equestria."

"Is that where you want to head next then?"

"Yes, as soon as possible, set sail for Equestria."

"Yes Captain." With that, Twilight walked off to inform Spike of his new task. Captain Rarity walked to the side of the boat, a little way's off, going deeper into the cave, she could see the boat that was sent off to retrieve the artifact. She sighed, once they had obtained the artifact, she was going to have to sell it at the black market. As much as she'd have liked to donate it to a museum, for it's beauty should be viewed by all, she couldn't let her name be shouted out to the public, she'd soon be recognised by somepony, for being a pirate, and if not know, then she would in the future, somepony would remember her name, or remember her face, and see her and her crew stealing some priceless jewels. That wouldn't end well. She shook her head. She couldn't just leave the artifact at the entrance to the museum either, she wouldn't get the money needed for her mothers medicine then. She hated this life, she didn't want to be a pirate, but being the daughter of Pirate Captain Magnum Black, made sure that her want did not become reality. She didn't hate her father, really, it was just, he wanted her to take after him, become the best pirate there ever was and he brought her up so, unfortunately, he never asked his daughter what she wanted to be, she was more or less forced into this role, especially since, her mother was very poor and her father died a few years ago (Very few ponies knew that though), so her life as a pirate was the only way for her to earn any money. paying for the ship and taxes, and wages and food for the crew took up a lot of money too. Again, she sighed, won't be long before they return to Equestria.

"Captain." A voice from behind her said, It was Surgeon Red-heart. Captain Rarity also spent her money on finding the best surgeon around, and it just so happened that Red-heart here (an old friend of Rarity's) was a fully trained doctor now,

"Yes Red-heart?"

"Master-carpenter Macintosh suffered a number of injuries during that skirmish with the Bubble crew. A cutlass has managed to wedge itself deep into his leg. We've run out of medicine to treat it properly. The leg may last a few days, but it will most likely become infected, and it the infection can't be treated on time, then he'll have to lose his leg before the infection spreads, and it may spread quicker than we can risk. Or, we could chop it off now and save the risk of infection. It will probably be better overall, he'll have to suffer with a peg for the lower half of his leg for the rest of his life, but it will be better than having infection spread through his body."

"Why're you asking me? I'm the captain, not the surgeon."

"Y-yes captain, but I wanted to check with you first, see what you see fit to do? Like, will we make it to next land within a day or so? Is it worth risking the possibility of Macintosh's life?"

"Hmm, TWILIGHT!" She called, instantly, the purple unicorn had made her way back to Captain Rarity's side

"Yes Captain Rarity?"

"How long will it be till we reach Equestria?"

"From where we are, assuming we run into no navy ships or storms, we should reach Equestria within two days."

"Red-heart? Does Macintosh have that long on his leg?"

"He should do, even if infection does start to settle in, I might be able to keep it at bay, just for a little bit though. It won't do wonders, but I'm sure I can hold off infection for a few hours at best."

"Right, if infection does settle in, then can his leg be treated once we reach Equestria?"

"As long as I can get the medicine needed, then yes."

"Right, then we'll pick up more equipment when we reach shore." She nodded, then sighed again, silently. This was going to cost a lot, hopefully she could sell the artifact for enough to cover everything.