• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,344 Views, 22 Comments

A Wonderbolt Trip - Rocky Boulder



Twilight gets sent back in time because of a magic mistake. She finds herself in the past when the Wonderbolts were founded.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,344

Chapter 2

The magnificent city of Cloudsdale - the home to most of Equestria's pegasus and the first city made out of clouds.


I looked up, with excitement. I could see hundreds of pegasi flying up to it every minute. I unconsciously followed them. Flying towards the city, I had millions of questions swirling in my head - 'Why am I in the past?' 'How do I get back home?' 'How different is Cloudsdale from nowadays?' 'Will they have libraries in there?'. I reminded my self I was still in the air, and after I barely dodged a fluffy cloud, I realized I was almost at Cloudsdale. The beautiful rainbows and magnificent archs and structures, sometimes reminded me the strange fact that pegasi were better builders then unicorns. Landing on a fluffy street I almost forgot to pulse pegasi magic threw my hooves. Being an alicorn didn't mean that I could walk on clouds that easily.


I was surprised that Cloudsdale was little different from when I visited it at Rainbow's tournament or the cleaning up cloud monsters princess duty I had to do . Reaching the target of the crowd, a racing ring reviled itself. I barely recognized it. The Honored Guest and Royalty pavilions was extremely small, the seats were made out of stone, and the ring was a bit smaller. She could see at least three hundred pegasi, with coal-written numbers on their hooves. Suddenly a temptation ran threw me, and I glided down towards the assignment office(1). I am not a good flier (considering I just got my wings nine months ago) but unfortunately the pegasus part of me was eager for some excitement.


I knew the contest was more of a test flight to pick the best seven pegasi to perform in the first Summer Sun celebration, of course from history books. I knew I didn't have a chance against the Wonderbolts, but perhaps I could at least get my fastest 400 meters time. Better hope Rainbow will be satisfied by it.


After some waiting, it was time for me to fly. I came to the starting platform, along with other four pegasi. I got use to stand in front of hundreds of ponies, but the others, no. Well all except one. A pegasus colt, with blue coat and red hair was as calm as me. I observed the seats again, and noticed somepony familiar in the Royalty pavilion. The mare was tall, with graceful white coat, but barely recognizable in front of the bright clouds. I jumped into the air flapping my wings, and gathering speed. I was enjoying the first four meters, when a chill ran threw me, and my wings thrust started increasing rapidly. About half way there, there was only me and the stallion, it seemed the others couldn't keep up.


In the end , I got second. While I was wondering what could've increased my speed so much, I saw that red maned winner in the crowd. He was looking at me, and a friend (or a co-worker) of his, whispering something to his ear. The red maned nodded, sanding a glance to wards me. He noticed I was looking at him, and quickly looked away. His friend walked off. After he trotted off into the distance, I was startled by a mare with the strangest, yet familiar uniform I have ever seen. "Missy, you're coming with me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You hear me? You were fast enough to join the team of seven participating in the celebration. Tomorrow at five I want you here!" Said General Firefly with some excitement in her voice."Oh, and also, today we have a meeting before sunset to get all of the new teammates to meet each other. "


I wondered how badly I already changed the course of time. ME flying with the Wonderbolts. THAT was unthinkable. After leaving the office, I trotted on the clouds towards the hotel I was staying in when I visited Cloudsdale the second time, (disspelling the cloud monsters was pretty hard.) I stopped by a cloud to hide behind it. I opened my pocket dimension, and took some bits from my deep budget. I hoped that the bits weren't worth less in this time.


The hotel staff greeted me kindly, thought I could see that the kindness was fake. After the room was payed for I lay down on the bed, trying to organize memories of things that happened to me today. I still had that teammate meeting before sundown. Maybe I shouldn't go? Maybe I should stay in the hotel for years, trying to remember the spell? No. I Flew out of the window forgetting to close it behind me.

~~~~~~~~

The building Firefly mentioned we will meet in, was the strangest looking building in Cloudsdale. The giant grey walls had statues of the previous pegasi rulers, gargoyles looked down from the windows, and it's towers were extremely detailed, but not very high. The giant gate was opened and two guards were standing in the entrance. Jeez, I knew the pegasi were kinda honorable and traditional in this time, but this was an overdoing. After the guards checked if I have any weapons, they let me in. I was early, but the general and one of the future Wonderbolts was there was there. I needed to act like I am honored and proud that I am in the group. But I wasn't I was more of ashamed and scared that I'm messing with the past, but if I will get back home, I need to be smart and act.

I wish I took the show acting lessons Trixie offered me.