• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,344 Views, 22 Comments

A Wonderbolt Trip - Rocky Boulder



Twilight gets sent back in time because of a magic mistake. She finds herself in the past when the Wonderbolts were founded.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,344

Chapter 10

As I lay down in bed, the uncomfortable anticipation of knowing my break is over invaded my thoughts. Tomorrow we will continue the training.

'Huh, I completely forgot that I need to return to my own time.' I noticed. But it's not like I cared. Perhaps I was missing my friends... Yes, of course I was... But I think I might be taking this as a break from being a princess. The desk overflowing with paperwork, (Yes reading a few thousand boring reports a day gets quite boring, even for me.) ponies sending me fanmail, (The fanmail was often mixed up with important letters.) And the tourists in Ponyville bowing to me upon sight. But this, you could call a mental vacation, thought the physical part is being is getting quite tired.

*Next Morning*

Did someone drop a anvil on my head this night? Or perhaps Tom? Or, it's just a bucking headache.

I groaned. As I stood rolled down from the bed, I hit my horn on the bedside table, causing even more pain. 'Wait.. my horn?' I quickly stood up, and looked into the mirror. Upon seeing my horn, I cursed under my breath. My eyes were bloodshot as well, but I decided to ignore that. I cast the illusion spell. Just after a moment of extreme pain, the headache stopped, and I fell to the ground from relief.

But then an idea came to mind, and I reached out to my wellspring. It was full. I cursed again. If a unicorn's (or alicorn's, in this case) wellspring was full, the magic still kept building up, until the amount started to cause pain to the unicorn. Usually the magic pool almost never is full, due to daily telekinesis and other spells, but since I was only using my wings, the pool was full.

Then second idea came to mind. 'I could transfer the magic in my pool to pegasus magic!' Today we were going to have pegasus magic training after all!


I arrived at the Flight Academy not early, but not late as well. Crimson as always was first to arrive. "We had a nice couple of days huh?" He said when I came closer.

"You bet!" I smiled. In the last couple of days I got to know each other quite better... and we spent almost a thousand bits in the process. Thought every minute was worth it!

After 10 minutes of waiting and chatting, the last of our group arrived. Firefly lead us to a one of the Academy's two flight training halls, where an instructor was waiting for us. He was a grey-coated stallion with a brown mane, a black streak running throught it. Firefly left the room saying that we are to listen to him, until we finish the pegasus magic training.

"Oh, Hello to you gals! How's it going?" The instructor said, as if to announce that the stallions in our group can go to Tartarus. The cheeky smile only approved that his was that type of guys.

Star Binder visibly blushed from his words. 'This is going to be fun.' I thought.

"Hey! Aren't you forgetting somebody?" Someone said, obviously angry. Ha! Of course, it was Crimson. Quite stupid of him to snap at the one who currently holds the rights, to give us a few thousand wing ups for breakfast.

"Yup! I'm forgetting a bunch of losers who don't deserve my attention." He smirked. If not for the fact that he was in charge, Crimson Sky would have bucked his face in. "But, I suppose we will need to start the lesson, even if I would prefer so only the ladies be here. SO! My name Is Wind Edge and I will be handling you, even if for a few days."

After that we introduced ourselves to him, he lead us to a room with a sign 'Lecture Hall #5' hanging over the door. 'YES!' Once we entered it, we saw quite a big hall, thought Wind Edge told us to seat only on the front seats. He himself went to the center of the podium, and waved to somepony in the back of the hall to start the projector.

He then took a more stable position, and his mane and tail started to look strange, as if another image of his hair was overlapping over the old one. He then took a few steps towards the door, and a trail, or rather an afterimage of his tail and main followed him. 'Just like Rainbow after finishing a Rainboom.' I thought.

This was pegasus magic? But... Uh! It didn't seem to take enough magic to empty my wellspring. Guess I'll have to cast some useless enchantments on a chair when I get back ...

"Yes, Rose, this is pegasus magic. There are a few other ways to use it, but you'll be needing this one." Then the projector started, and a picture of a white pegasus with a magic afterimage from her tail and mane appeared on the white board. "As you know we use our magic when flying and standing on clouds, but there are other ways. When a pegasus pushes magic into his tail and mane, a trail is left behind. We will attempt to use it tomorrow. You're free to go."


An idea came to me. 'What will happen if I send magic into my feathers without lifting myself up?' A stupid idea, I know... But it could produce something interesting.

I spread my wings and tugged at my now half-empty wellspring. I chuckled. The number of enchantments on that chair was so large, it could be sold for over twenty times it's original price. Most of the enchantments were useless though.

I forced magic into my wings and kept the flow for a dozen of seconds, when I suddenly heard crackling, like from electricity. I looked at my right wing, and saw lightning running throught my wings, once in a while a zap would shoot into the air.

I panicked an flapped my wings, releasing the magic flow. The lightning went out of control, and hit a few places in the room, along with a glass of water, a place on the rug, my pillow, and of course, my main and tail. I looked at myself in the mirror, and sighted an awful hair problem. I cursed as I stomped towards the bathroom, small piles of ash floating in the air from my mane and tail.

Author's Note:

Yay! The story has reached chapter 10!

Hmm... That's what they call unicorn (or pegasus in this situation) farting rainbows.:rainbowhuh:

Well, now I will be focusing the story solely on Twilight, since most of the other characters have executed their parts.