• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,344 Views, 22 Comments

A Wonderbolt Trip - Rocky Boulder



Twilight gets sent back in time because of a magic mistake. She finds herself in the past when the Wonderbolts were founded.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,344

Chapter 7

We readied on the starting line, waiting for firefly to give signal. The three inspectors from the Flight Academy were sitting on some chairs and waiting for the race to begin. I was 100% ready and so excited, I could hardly wait to take off. The first signal to get ready ran threw the air. The tension in the air doubled, but to everyone's disappointment instead of the second signal, the gates slammed open. A three meter high minotaur stepped in wearing a smug look on his face. A few royal pegasi guards were escorting him.

Star Binder and Crimson Sky jumped and started flying from the sudden sound, before stopping and cringing their way back to the starting line.

"Hello fly-bookworms!" The minotaur greeted the inspectors as he found himself a seat. (Thought he didn't fit well in it.) "I have overheard that you were training some stupendously good flyers, and came to see them for myself!" One of the inspectors looked away from him, the disappointment and anger visible on his face.

"Alarak! It is s-so nice to see you! " One of the other inspector spoke, trying to force a smile on his face.

"I'm glad as well." Alarak said, before overthinking something and adding- "To be fair I'm not glad, but ignore that. Let's watch those pegasi fly!"

"Let's. " Mumbled the first inspector. He nodded towards Firefly (who looked rather disappointed to see the new arrival).

She blew at the whistle and we thrusted forward, the wind ruffling our feathers.


I yawned. Throwing an ageless scroll behind me, I sipped from my tea. 'Half of the Archive's spell searched.' I thought with a sigh.
"Dusty Scroll? Any luck?" I asked letting my boredom slip into my voice.

The old stallion shook his head, and continued his reading. He was assigned to help me, and he had already helped a lot.
It has been a week since Twilight has disappeared. We (By we I mean me and Celestia) decided that we could increase the chance of Twilight noticing that the way back is open, by finding out what time she has traveled too.

Dusty Scroll suddenly suddenly stopped reading and gazed at the scroll. Then he realized I was watching him, so he rolled the scroll and threw it behind him. He continued to read, but he seemed down.

"Dusty, is something wrong? " I asked.

He shook his head."It's not important."

"I decide what's not important sir, so please say what you found. "

He nodded and retrieved the scroll from the pile behind him." When time travel spells are used, the user gets sent back in time. But there is a difference in time. If the user is 40 years in the past, there will be no difference in time, but as further back the user goes, the faster is the time for him and slower for us." He sighed and looked straight in my eyes." For all we know, maybe our day is Princess Twilight thousand years.. Maybe millions.. Her spell was pretty advanced, so we would be lucky if she is even 700 years back in time."

"But that would mean..."

"That every lost minute can be fatal if we don't act quickly." He finished

My eye trembled. In the past weeks Twilight has become more then a teacher to me. She was a dear friend. I h-had to hurry!

"Report this to Celestia. Please bring more help to scout the library for the information we are searching." I ordered him.

This.... Was going to be a tough few days.


I threw my flight goggles away with a smirk that would make Rainbow Dash proud. Second place wasn't bad at all, considering that my opponents were wonderbolts.

But then of course I was second, not first. That place was Icy Wind's. She looked at me. If she would've been good at showing emotions, she would smirk at me, I'm sure.

And my sweet almost victory was interrupted by an annoying minotaur's voice." Oh that was fast for feather brains like you! Congrats!"

I huffed. He was as annoying as Discord. But, he didn't know me and I had no idea how to deal with him. My hopes were, that he just would ignore me.

Nope. Discord was better than Alarak.

......

I was exiting the hall, when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to find Alarak. "What do you want?" I asked him.

He had no smile on his face. It was emotionless even when he whispered."Come with me if you don't wan't me to spoil your disguise."


I trembled. Something wasn't right.... Another alicorn?

I thought I banished my sister was banished to the moon.... And I didn't feel any new alicorns created.

If this is Luna.. or that Nightmare Moon.... I'll have to investigate.

I stood up and ruffled my wings. I walked out of my chambers, greeting the guard on the way out. I hope there would be no trouble I thought as my hooves clacked on the marble floor. Just when I reached the throne room a servant hurried to me and bowed before starting to talk." Your Highness. The prince of the Minotaur Empire-Alarak, has been seen in Cloudsdale. We know where he is staying and if you wish we can request him to leave Equestria for entering illegally."

I sighed. I had enough problems to deal with, without a Minotaur showing up.