• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,344 Views, 22 Comments

A Wonderbolt Trip - Rocky Boulder



Twilight gets sent back in time because of a magic mistake. She finds herself in the past when the Wonderbolts were founded.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,344

Chapter 3

"Twilight," Firefly turned towards me upon my entering."I want to introduce you to our second best flyer - Crimson Sky." I looked at the stallion she was introducing me to, to find out that it was the read haired one.

He turned around, looking away from his meal. When he noticed me, leaped back, almost hitting the table. "N-Nice to meet you!" He said with a shaky voice. I was weirder out as well, but greeted him.

"Hi, name's Twilight. Nice to meet you." I said quickly. I realized that Firefly felt the tension between us, and a faint smile appeared on her lips. "You know each other?"

"Yes, we were flying in the same round." I answered quickly, before Crimson could react.

"I see." The general said and walked off to some pegasus officer.


It wan't long before the other five arrived. Rose Feather, Star Binder, Icy Wind and Free Breeze. The last one, (who seemed to be a friend of Crimson) kept avoiding me, so I couldn't get his name. I really befriended most of the other flyers. Rose was quite a romantic one. She was almost like Rarity about her dresses, only about romance novels. Star Binder was something of an expert at pegasus physical and magical studies, Icy Wind somewhat reminded me Maud Pie. She was actually a kind of pony I never met before. She had a strange one tone voice like Maud, but she showed more expressions in her voice. Also her jokes were to die for. Free Breeze was exactly what his name was. He was a non-stop talker, and changed the subject so often, it was hard keeping up. 'Hmm... Kinda like Pinkie.'


In the end I even got to talk to Crimson Sky, thought I got little words out of him. I think he is too suspicious. Something about me is bothering him. A thought hit me and I tried to brush it off immediately, but it was obvious. He probably saw me as an Alicorn before I cast the transformation spell. I suspected that his friend knew it too, considering he's been avoiding me. After doing Cadence's breathing technique, I walked over to the snack tables grabbing myself a cucumber sandwich.


The pillow seemed soar to me, the air - hot. I have barely ever felt this bad. If Crimson tells Firefly..... Or perhaps this time's Celestia!

With these thoughts disturbing I somehow fell asleep.

*Next Morning*

The morrow was surprisingly pleasant, considering it was 5AM. The sunrise had painted the sky yellow. The fresh wind was blowing my mane to the sides as I walked across Cloudsdale's streets. I flew to the General's office to meet up with the group. When Firefly saw that everyone was here (for some reason everypony had a bag on his\her back) , she took off, leading the group down to the lands beneath Cloudsdale. We landed on a green valley surrounded by a forest, but big enough to fit a quarter of Ponyville. Then everybody took of the bags off their backs unpacking tents and supplies. I wondered how stupid I sometimes can be. We were setting up a camp to stay here for some heavy training. And I was stupid enough not to get the purpose of the bags. As fast as I could, I flew to the bushes, shattered the illusion spell, and created a tent with magic. Sweat ran down my face when I was ready, and casting the illusion spell again, I ran of to put my tent up. Then Firefly commanded us to fly about a thousand laps, and I finally realized what Rainbow went threw every day.


In the evening I barely felt my wings. The general said that we can rest before nine o'clock and then go to sleep, and I appreciated the free time. I went to the nearest river (that I spotted while I was doing the exercises Firefly gave us) to wash the sweat from me. Only then, when I came out of the river ruffling my wings to remove the water, I looked up at the beauty of the night. The sky was dark blue, the stars were much more brighter and more than usual. And there was the moon, with Nightmare Moon's Face on it. A few lonely clouds were hanging in the air, and crickets were singing their evening song. I sat on the grass near the river bank, looking up at the sky. I couldn't recall any of the future's nights being so calm and gentle. Suddenly, a bush rustled behind me. I looked back, and saw something orange slipping into the darkness of the forest behind me. i jumped to my hooves, getting readied to break the illusion spell and use magic, but who came out, was Crimson's friend. His grey coat and large wings fitted nicely with the orange mane.


He came out of the bushes, greeting me by name and sitting a few feet away from me on the grass. "Why did you come?" I asked the stallion who was looking up at the sky as well.

"Are you from around here?" He asked without moving his head, looking towards the sky. The question sent shivers down my back and I slowly nodded. "You know how to behave yourself near royalty, you have manners, and at the same time you are an interesting talker to other folk. You remind me of a unicorn." He said and turned his head towards me. When he mentioned about behaving around royalty I was confused. Then I remembered that in these times the general was still the ruler of the pegasi. So Firefly was considered royalty?

"From what family are you?" He asked sharply.

I never wanted to tell him that. The Sparkles already existed in this time, so reviling the name would make it worse."Crestle!" I said the first name that came to my head."You probably never heard of it." I added. Realizing that I lied he sighed, stood up and headed in direction of the camp.

"See you tomorrow Twilight Crestle." He walked of, leaving me alone. The conversation had sucked the beauty out of the night sky. I stood up, shook off the last drip of water and followed him to camp.

Author's Note:

Sorry for posting this Chapter before time and ruining it.:fluttercry:
Forget it.
I hope that you are enjoying the story! :twilightsmile: