• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,266 Views, 18 Comments

Sunset's on Destiny - MorningRose



story about sunset and twilight dating and finding their destiny starts out sad but gets really good later

  • ...
23
 18
 1,266

Confession of the Heart and Offer


Over the next thirteen days, the group got together to practice fighting. The sun was setting when Sunset says " Okay everyone I think we are finally ready for the fight. We will fight in pairs. Rarity you will be with A.J. because of her strength and your diamond shield. Rainbow you will be partnered with Fluttershy because of your speed and both of you being able to fly. Lastly Pinkie you will be with me because of my attack magic I will need your ability to make explosions as a diversion. Twilight you will be in the background watching cause I have a feeling we will need your healing magic. Just in case be sure to wear the armor that Princess Luna gave us, okay."

"Okay sweetie," answers Twilight with a smile.

"Everyone knows the plan right?" inquires Sunset as all her friends nod.

"SunSun we gotta go or we will be late for dinner with my family," says Twilight.

"Okay, everyone. See you tomorrow at eleven at C.H.S.," says Sunset as her and Twilight leave.

Once Sunset and Twilight were in the car Twilight says "Sunset I have been thinking about this for a while and I think after this battle we should move and go live in Equestria."

"But what about your family. If we leave you might not see them again," says Sunset worried.

"I thought about that. Since we are the princesses of portals we could visit them on the holidays," says Twilight confidently.

"Okay honey. But how are going to tell your family, let alone our friends,?" inquires Sunset as they approach Twilight's parent's house.

"Don't worry my Sun. I will tell them at dinner tonight," answers Twilight giving her wife a kiss.

Once the kiss was finished Twilight asks " So SunSun are you ready to tell my parents about us moving?"

"I-i-i guess my NightNight. I'm just worried about how they are going to react," stutters Sunset.

"Hey, hon don't worry it will alright. After all, they love us and want us to be happy," says Twilight as they get out of the car.

"I know that. Thanks, sweetie. I needed to hear that," says Sunset putting her arm around her wife and walks up to the door.

When Sunset and Twilight reach the door it is opened by Cadence and Twilight's mom. Once Cadence saw the couple she says " Well about time the lovebirds showed up. Dinner's almost ready. We are just waiting for the pie to get done."

Velvet leads her daughter and daughter in law to the dining room where Shining was sitting waiting for his sisters.

Once Shining saw the couple he came over to them saying "I am so glad you two are here. I missed you."

"I missed you to B.B.B.F.F. So how have you been,?" asks Twilight with a smile.

"I've been good sis. just missing you and your wife," says Shining as Nightlight enters carrying an apple pie that would make Apple Jack jealous.

Everyone sat at the table and started to eat. Sunset and Twilight gave each other a nod and Twilight says " Everyone Sunset and I have something to say. We have decided to move to Equestria after the battle with Kaelomek."

"Why are you leaving Twily,?" asks Shining with tears in his eyes while his parents were crying.

"Well you see Twilight and I are pregnant and so for their sake, we are going to Equestria in order for them to live happily without too many worries. We will visit on holidays and birthdays but we will live in Equestria," explains Sunset as she starts to cry.

Everyone saw how hurt Sunset was and was shocked."Wh- why are you so upset my daughter? Isn't this what you want to do,?"Inquires Velvet walking over and giving Sunset a hug to calm her down.

"Well yes and no. You see I don't want to take Twilight away from you. But at the same time, i have to do what's best for the children. Equestria doesn't have a whole lot of crime and the town we are moving to is very kind and accepting. The perfect place for the children," explains Sunset calming down.

"Oh, Sunset don't you see. You aren't taking Twilight away from us. You're still going to visit us. Also, you are right that town is the perfect place to raise your children," says Nightlight as everyone starts to eat again.

After dinner Sunset and Twilight left to go home. As they were walking they ran into all their friends. When Sunset and Twilight saw the look on their friend's faces they got scared but hid it extremely well.

"So darlings do you have something you would like to tell us,?" inquires Rarity looking upset and hurt.

Twilight and Sunset exchanged a worried look before Twilight gave a nod to Sunset signaling that they should tell their friends.

Sunset gaining courage from her wife says "Actually we do have something to tell you. You see Twilight and I have decided to leave this world and move to Ponyville in Equestria. Ponyville is a very friendly place. There is rarely any crime and it is the perfect place to raise our children."

"I don't understand yall. I thought I heard yall say your children," says AppleJack looking so very confused.

"She did say our children. You see during our honeymoon we cast a summoning spell for the Equestrian goddess of pregnancy. She granted our wish to have two children a boy named Solar Eclipse Shimmer and a girl named Lunar Eclipse Shimmer," explains Twilight.

"Well, congratulations. Hold on are you sure it will be okay for both of you to fight Kaelomek tomorrow,?" inquires Fluttershy in her soft caring voice.

Twilight was about to answer Fluttershy when Princess Twilight Sparkle showed up saying "Night I have found a way for you to bring your friend back to life after the fight with Kaelomek."

"Night what is she talking about? Are one of us going to die,?" inquires Rainbow Dash with panic in her voice.

"Ye-Ye-Yes. It is highly likely. So I have asked Luna almost two months ago to ask Princess Twilight to find out as much as she could," says Night.

"Well we will just have to have each other back so that way no one will die," says Pinkie really fast.

"We also have to protect Sunset and Night. After all, they are going to be mothers in seven months give or take," says Rarity giving the mothers to be a loving look.

"Well everyone Twilight and I have to get home to rest up for tomorrow. Good night everyone," says Sunset as Twilight teleports her and her wife to their home.

Sunset gives Twilight a hug and carries her up to the bed where they fell asleep hoping tomorrow never comes.

Sunset woke just as the sun was rising. Sunset just lays there looking at her wife for a couple hours. Sunset looks at the clock and sees it is 10:30 a.m. Sunset turns to the right and sees her wife looking at her with a worried look on her face that scared Sunset.

"Sweetie what's wrong,?" inquires Sunset trying to calm her wife down.

"Oh nothing I'm just worried about the battle and the part where one of our friends dies," answers Twilight as she gets out of bed and walks over to their state of the art safe which to open needs a drop of blood, fingerprints and an ear print.

Sunset watches as her wife get out a needle to prick her finger for a drop of blood. Once Sunset saw the blood she looks away. Only because she can't stand to see Twilight hurt.

Twilight opens the safe and pulls out their Elements of Harmony, the armor and sword from Luna, her staff and Sunsets shield and sword.

After Twilight put the armor on she says to Sunset "Sweetie don't worry about me. You better get ready the battle starts in an hour."

Sunset walks over and grabs her armor that she had made in Equestria and put it on. After she put the armor on she grabbed her shield and sword and says "Okay I'm ready. What shall we do with the sword from Luna?"

"I have thought about that and decided that we should give it to Rainbow Dash. After all, she used to be a swordswoman when she was in grade school," says Twilight putting the sword in its sheath as they headed out to C.H.S.

As they were walking Sunset says "Rainbow Dash was a swordswoman in grade school? How do you know that,?"

"I know because she used to train under my grandfather. She doesn't know that I know. So please don't say anything,?" answers Twilight with a smile on her face.

"Oh, NightNight, of course, i won't say anything. I am just surprised. After all, she doesn't look like a swordswoman. Also if that's true then the sword will be most effective in her hands," says Sunset as they approach C.H.S.

As Sunset and twilight walk up to the school doors they see everyone standing there waiting for them.

"Rainbow Dash please step forward," says Sunset looking at Rainbow Dash with awe in her eyes.

Rainbow nervously approaches Sunset as Twilight says "Fluttershy will you also step forward?"

Fluttershy scared of what they wanted her for nervously stumbles forward.

Sunset and Twilight exchange a look of knowing. Sunset says "Rainbow Dash I would be honored if you joined Twilight and me in Equestria as our personal royal guard. As for you Fluttershy we have discussed it and have decided to offer you the position of Royal animal Protector. Will you both accept?"

Rainbow asks Fluttershy"So what do you think? It is an incredible honor."

"Let's do it as long as we stay together," answers Fluttershy confidently.

"Sunset we would be honored as long as we stay together," says Rainbow with a smile.

"Then kneel both of you," says Sunset as both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy kneel down in front of Sunset.

"Rainbow Dash I now dub thee our captain of the guards and I also dub thee Fluttershy as our Royal animal Protector," says Sunset as she takes the sword from Twilight and lightly taps Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy on their shoulders. After Sunset finished she says "Rainbow Dash as captain you will need a sword so I hereby give you the sword called Destroyer of Evil."

As Rainbow Dash takes the sword she could feel her magic merge with the sword.

"Everyone Kaelomek will be here in ten minutes get ready," says Twilight casting a spell to keep people away from C.H.S.