• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,258 Views, 18 Comments

Sunset's on Destiny - MorningRose



story about sunset and twilight dating and finding their destiny starts out sad but gets really good later

  • ...
23
 18
 1,258

Twilight's Vision

Sunset woke up the next morning at 8 and walked into the island's kitchen. When sunset got to the kitchen she pulled out six pieces of bacon, three eggs and two pieces of bread to make breakfast in bed for her wife. She also pulled out the same for herself.

Half an hour later both breakfasts were done. Sunset slid Twilight's breakfast on a tray and carried it into the bedroom. Sunset set the breakfast on the dresser and walked over to wake up her wife.

After a couple minutes of poking and talking twilight woke up saying" SunSun what's wrong?"

Sunset walks over to the dresser saying "Nothing's wrong. I just thought you deserved a nice breakfast in bed, my dear."

"Oh, darling. You didn't need to do that," says Twilight as Sunset brought the breakfast over to her wife.

"Oh, i know that I didn't need to do this. But I wanted to do it," says Sunset leaving to get her tray.

Sunset walks back in the room in less than three with her tray. Before she sat down to eat with her wife she put in an anime called Romeo X Juliet. After she put in the anime she sat down to eat with her wife.

"You put in Romeo X Juliet. I never took you for a romance person," says Twilight with a teasing tone of voice.

"Well I have found that I actually enjoy romance as long as I am with you my love," explains Sunset blushing a deep red.

"Aww, honey. That is so sweet," says Twilight as she finished eating.

Both Sunset and Twilight stayed in the room watching the show until Sunset says" it's time to get ready to go scuba diving sweetie."

"You know what. I say we stay here today and head home early," says Twilight with a worried look on her face.

Sunset saw that her love was worried about something. When Sunset saw that her love was starting to panic she says "Honey what's wrong. You look worried and I can tell you are about to panic."

"Oh, my sweet SunSun.I am afraid I have kept a secret from you. I've kept a part of my past from you. You see when I was five I was in a really bad car accident. The doctors didn't think I was going to make it. But by some miracle I did. However, the problem is that when I got better something changed in me. Ever since every now and then while I am asleep I get a vision of the future. At first, it was small things like seeing an accident or knowing what someone is thinking before they do. But ever since I met you and learned of magic it has gotten stronger. Last night I saw that the world was going to be destroyed by a monster with the eyes of an eagle, the tail of a snake, the blood red wings of a demon and the body of an equestrian unicorn," explains Twilight with tears in her eyes.

"I can't remember where I've read about it. But I know I have heard of this creature before. I think you are right we should cut our honeymoon short and leave now. But first, we have to let Rarity know so she can get the others ready. After we tell Rarity I will transform into Equestrian Princess mode and teleport us to the portal. Does that sound alright my love?" says Sunset with a smile.

"That sounds good to me. You call Rarity and tell her what's going on and I will check us out," says Twilight as she finishes packing her bags.

"Okay see you in half an hour at the hotel," says Sunset calling Rarity as Twilight left.

After three rings Rarity answered saying " Hey Sunset what do you and Twilight have planned for today?"

"Actually that is what I was calling about. You see Twilight can see the future every now and then when she is asleep. Last night she foresaw the world being destroyed. She told me that ever vision she has had has come true. So I need you to contact our friends and prepare for battle. Do you understand?" says Sunset with a worried look on her face.

"Of course deary. But what about you and Twilight what are you going to do,?" inquires Rarity.

"We are going to go to Equestria to talk to my mother about the creature Twilight saw destroying the world," answers Sunset.

"Okay bye darling I'll see you soon. Good luck and be safe," says Rarity hanging up the phone.

Once Rarity hung up Sunset grabbed her and Twilight's bags and headed out the door to the hotel.

About halfway to the hotel, Sunset ran into Adagio knocking her to the ground.

After Sunset saw that it was Adagio whom she knocked down she helped her up saying " I'm so sorry Adagio but I am in a big hurry."

"What's wrong,?" asks Adagio noticing the panicked look.

"Long story short Twilight sees the future, the world is destroyed and I have heard of the creature that did it but I can't remember what I read about it," explains Sunset.

"Is there anything I can do to help,?" asks Adagio.

"No, just be careful. Twilight and I are going to Equestria to talk to my mother. She may know what is going on," explains Sunset as they approach the hotel.

"Okay. Goodbye and good luck Sunset," says Adagio leaving.

As Adagio left Twilight comes out of the hotel saying" We are all good with the hotel. How did it go with Rarity."

"It is good. Rarity said she would tell the others what is going on. She is also going to make armor and weapons for the gang," says Sunset as they walk into the forest.

"I hope no one gets hurt. I don't think I would be able to stand it if our friends got hurt," says Twilight nearly in tears.

"You know I have thought of that and I have an idea. If this creature is what I vaguely remember that I will call in a big favor with princess Luna to have her teach you some healing spells in private.While I will get some training in attacking and shield magic from Celestia and Shining Armor. Okay honey?," says Sunset growing wings and a horn.

"Okay, sounds like a plan. By the way, the battle is in two months exactly from now and it will start in Canterlot high," says Twilight as Sunset cast the teleportation spell.

Once the spell was done the couple were in front of the portal to Equestria. Sunset decides to say to Twilight "Sweetie I need you to tell your family what is going on."

"Actually, I have already told then while I was on the way to the hotel to check us out. They wish us luck on the fight to come," says Twilight taking Sunsets hand and walking through the portal.

After the magic was finished both Twilight's and Sunset's cutie marks began to pulse with magic Sunset never felt before.

A second later Princess Twilight came into the room where the mirror's portal was kept. The moment she saw her counterpart's and Sunset's cutie marks pulsing she says "It looks like the Tree of Harmony is summoning the both of you. Follow me and I will show you the way."

"Princess Twilight I need to send a message to my mother right away. It's very important. As in both worlds are going to be destroyed important," says Sunset as Spike showed up.

Princess Twilight called Spike over saying "Spike I have a classified code alpha message I need you to send."

Spike immediately pulled out a quill, ink, and parchment. When he laid the ink and parchment out he says " Okay I'm ready to take the message."

"Dear Princess Celestia. This is Sunset Shimmer and I have an emergency crisis. One that involves the possible destruction of both this world and the one beyond the portal. I will be arriving in Canterlot in an hour at the throne room via teleportation. On a happier note both me and Twilight are pregnant. Lots of love your daughter Sunset Shimmer" says Sunset as Spike finishes the message.

"Okay is that it,?" asks Spike.

"Yes, Spike. That is all. Please send it right away. Also to prevent confusion now that both Princess Twilight and I are alicorns please call me Night," says Twilight as Spike sent the message by Dragonfire mail.

Celestia and Luna were holding court when a message appeared out of green flames. Celestia took the message in her magic opening it. When the letter was open she read "Dear Princess Celestia. This is Sunset Shimmer and I have an emergency crisis. One that involves the possible destruction of both this world and the one beyond the portal. I will be arriving in Canterlot in an hour at the throne room via teleportation. On a happier note both me and Twilight are pregnant. Lots of love your daughter Sunset Shimmer,"Once Celestia was done she magicked it over to Luna saying"Sister you need to read this."

Luna takes the message in her magic and reads it. Once she finished she cleared her throat telling the guard" Guard please tell those waiting that something has come up and the rest of court is canceled."

"Right away your highness. Is there anything you need,?" says the guard.

"As a matter of fact, you can. Please keep everyone out. My daughter and her wife will be showing up in an hour to discuss something important" says Celestia giving a nod to her sister.

"I will personally make sure you are not disturbed," says the guard giving a salute and leaving the room.

Once Spike sent the letter Princess Twilight says to Sunset and Night"Well now that that is out of the way we should get to the Tree of Harmony. Follow me quickly."

"Of course Princess Twilight. Lead the way," says Sunset as they leave the castle.

After half an hour of walking through the Everfree Forest, they arrive at a cave. As Sunset and Night enter the cave they gasped as they see an ancient crystal tree with cutie marks on it. As Twilight entered she was surprised to see that the tree had two new cutie marks on it and they were glowing.

"Sunset and Night you need to go over and touch your cutie mark symbols. The moment you do you will hear the voice of the tree," explains Twilight to the couple.

Sunset and Night look at each other. After a quick nod, they walk up to the tree and place a hoof on the flashing cutie marks. The moment they touched the cutie marks they heard a beautiful voice say "Sunset Shimmer you have proved yourself with your empathy toward others.You are also an alicorn. As such you have earned the element of empathy. You human Twilight Sparkle have also proven your loyalty and love. You have also forgiven those who have terribly wronged you. As such you have earned the element of forgiveness."

Once the voice finished two necklaces rose up from the ground in front of them. One was a topaz with a ruby in the middle making it look like an eye. That one floated over to Sunset. The other one had a sapphire with an amethyst in the middle. This one floated over to Night. Sunset and Night took the necklaces putting them on.

"So what elements of friendship are you,?" asks Twilight with a look of wonder in her eyes.

"I don't know about my wife. But I know that I am the element of empathy," says Sunset looking to her wife.

"Well since my wife told you hers I'll tell you mine. I am the element of forgiveness," explains Night with a smile at her wife.

"Well, that explains a lot. I am glad to know that you are connected to the map in my throne room. Now you better hurry if you are going to meet Celestia," says Twilight leaving.

Sunset takes her wife in her arms and teleports them to Celestia's throne room.

When Celestia heard the pop of a teleportation she looked up to see her daughter and her wife had appeared.

"Hello, my daughter. I'm happy to see you. Now I showed Luna the message you sent to me. That is why she is here. Now please what is this crisis that you mentioned,?" says Celestia giving her daughter and her wife a hug.

Once the hug was over Sunset says "Well it is a long story. You see when my wife was five she was in a really bad accident. The doctors said she wouldn't make it. But by some miracle she did. However every now and then since when she is asleep she has been able to see the future. Well, last night she foresaw a monster destroying the world. She had the same feeling she always does when she has a vision."

"What does this creature look like,?" inquires Luna with a grave look on her face.

Twilight answers "It has the body of an Equestrian unicorn, the eyes of an eagle, the tail of a snake and blood red demon wings."

"It can't be.That's impossible. I killed him over two thousand years ago," Says Celestia panicking.

"Who is it? Do you know this monster?" asks Sunset getting worried that Celestia was panicking.

"We do know him. his name is Kaelomek. he was once a regular unicorn student of Starswirl the Bearded. But he decided to turn to darkness. One day he tried to assassinate my sister. He failed and was killed by Celestia. Before he died he cast a spell that would bring him back to life one day. Alas, it never happened or so we thought. Twilight you will undergo healing magic training with me. While you Sunset will train in attack magic by my sister and shield training with Shining Armor. Also please take this," says Luna pushing a button to reveal a golden armor and a sword with the name destroyer of evil.

"What is this sister,?" asks Celestia looking at the armor and sword with wonder.

"I had this armor and sword made when I found out about the spell he cast before he died," says Luna with a smile.

"But why didn't you tell me," asks Celestia stomping her hoof.

"Because I didn't want to worry you. This was just a precaution," answers Luna with a worried look

"Okay sister. I understand why you did it the way you did," says Celestia giving her sister a hug.

While Celestia was giving her sister a hug she noticed that both Sunset and Twilight had an element of harmony. When she noticed this she says "Sunset, Twilight where did you get those elements at?"

"Oh sorry. I forgot to mention that after Twilight and I Came through the portal we saw our cutie marks pulsing. Princess Twilight saw it and lead us to the tree of harmony. when we arrived we saw both our cutie marks on the tree of harmony glowing. Princess Twilight told us to touch our cutie marks on the tree. After we did the tree spoke to us saying we have earned the elements of empathy for me and the element of forgiveness for my wife here. Once it stopped talking these necklaces floated out of the ground and came to us," answers Sunset with a worried look.

"It's hard to believe that there were two secret elements hidden by the tree. I am so proud of you both," says Celestia giving a reassuring look to Sunset setting her at ease.

Sunset looks into Celestia's eyes and says" Thank you, mother. By the way, he is going to appear in two months time. So I need you to message Twilight's family and our friends and let them know that for the next month and a half we will be staying here to train."

"Of course dear. Once I send the message we will start your training," says Celestia as she writes a message to Twilight's parents via the book.

After about five minutes the book vibrated with a message saying "Dear Celestia please notify our daughters that we understand and wish them luck in their training and that we love them."

Celestia showed the message to Sunset and Twilight. When they saw the message they say at the same time "can we please get started?"

"Not yet. We still have two more people we have to tell. They are Cadence and Shining Armor," says Luna as her horn begins to glow as she casts a communication spell that allowed Celestia, Twilight, Sunset, and Luna to talk to each other.

Cadence and Shining Armor felt the familiar tug of a communication spell trying to connect with them. So both Shining Armor and Cadence relaxed and let the spell connect.

Once the connection was complete Celestia says "Shining Armor and Princess Cadence my daughter has an emergency that requires your help."

"Okay is she connected with us,?" asks Cadence

"Yes. I am here with my wife," answers Sunset with tension.

"Okay. Go ahead and tell us what's wrong," says Shining sounding worried.

"Okay. Long story short somepony who tried to assassinate Celestia and was killed is going to return in two months time on the other side of the portal to destroy the world. If he succeeds this world will be destroyed as well. the pony's name is Kaelomek," explains Luna.

"Kaelomek is going to return. how do you know for sure," inquires Cadence in surprise.

"Well I know he is going to return because when I was five I was in an accident. The doctors didn't think I would make it. But by some miracle I did and ever since every now and then when I'm asleep I get visions of the future. At first, it was small things but when I learned about magic and met Sunset and the others it has gotten stronger. I have seen important things. They have come more often and always happen," explains Twilight to Cadence and Shining.

"Okay, i understand. If there is anything I can do please let us know," says Cadence

"We actually have a plan.But we need Shining to teach his shield spells to Sunset. While I teach healing magic to Twilight. Also, Celestia will be teaching Sunset attack magic at the same time. We have to hurry we only have a moon and a half to train them," says Luna with worry.

"Of course. I will be there right away via teleportation," says Shining with a pleased tone of voice as the spell ends.

"Honey I have heard of Kaelomek before. He is extremely dangerous. He is even eviler then Sombra. Please be careful," explains Cadence in a panicky tone of voice.

"But of course honey. I am always careful. But right now they need me. Luna has never taught somepony before. She told me that the day she would have a student is a day when all dimensions are in danger," says Shining giving his wife a kiss before he casts the teleportation spell.

A few minutes after Luna ends the communication spell there is a pop and Shining appeared.

Once Shining caught his breath he says to Sunset"Okay listen up I'm going to teach you my strongest shield spell. It will only last three minutes but it is going to be unbreakable. Follow me."

As Shining leads Sunset to the captain's private training grounds Sunset says "Shining I can't thank you enough for what you are doing."

"You can thank me by getting the monster who is making my wife panic," answers Shining as they enter the training grounds.

"Of course we will get him. After all, me and my wife are Equestrian princesses. We will always do our part to protect our dimensions. Even if it costs me my life. Can we please get started on my training," asks Sunset as Shining takes his spellcasting stance.

"Of course cousin," answers Shining.

Author's Note:

please fell free to leave any comments