• Published 3rd Feb 2017
  • 1,261 Views, 18 Comments

Sunset's on Destiny - MorningRose



story about sunset and twilight dating and finding their destiny starts out sad but gets really good later

  • ...
23
 18
 1,261

Wedding of Destiny

Over the next month and a half, both families had immersed themselves in planning the wedding.

Rarity was busy making the wedding dresses while Pinkie was busy making the perfect cake. As for Rainbow Dash, she was in charge of fireworks. Applejack was catering the dinner and Fluttershy were working with the doves to form a heart right as the couple said their, I do's.

Sunset's mom was paying for everything. While Eclipse was asked to be Twilight's mare of honor. Whereas Shining Armor was Sunset's best man. Twilight's parents were in charge of everything else.

Sunset was at Rarity's for the final check on her wedding dress. When Sunset tried on the dress which looked like it was on fire when she moved she says " Rarity you have outdone yourself. This dress is perfect,"

"Why thank you, dear. I put my all into it. After all, you have done you deserve the best." says Rarity taking the dress and putting it in a garment bag.

Sunset comes out in her regular clothes and gives Rarity a hug saying "I'll send Twilight over for her final check."

Sunset walks out of the boutique and drives home. fifteen minutes later Sunset was parked outside her house.

When Twilight saw that Sunset was home she skipped out the door and hops in the car giving her fiancee a kiss.

"You ready for the final check on your dress?" asks Sunset

"Of course I am," says Twilight with a smile

"Well I better get you there before Rarity has my head," says Sunset as she starts driving

Fifteen minutes later and Twilight was saying goodbye to her wife to be. Twilight sighs as Sunset drives off. Twilight turns around and sees that Rarity had a look like she is a kid in a candy store. When Twilight sees this she says "Are you okay Rarity?"

"Of course, Darling. I just can't wait to see you in your dress. Let's get to it shall we?" asks Rarity

"Yes let's," answers Twilight as she takes Rarity by the hand and follows her into the boutique.

Ten minutes later and Rarity was making a couple changes to the dress.

When the changes to the dress were done Twilight says "Rarity this dress is gorgeous. It makes me look like I'm frozen solid when I move."
"Just wait. This dress is a two part that when your fiancee wears hers and you move together you both will look like goddesses," says Rarity with a giggle.

"Thank you so much Rarity," says Twilight putting away the dress.

"No problem sweetie. I'm just honored that you both wanted me to make your wedding dresses," says Rarity following Twilight outside was her fiancee was waiting.

When Twilight saw Sunset the joy she felt was almost as good as when Sunset proposed.

When Sunset saw Twilight exit the boutique she got out of the car and opened the door for her.

" You ready to go see Applejack about the catering sweetie?" asks Sunset closing her door.

"As long as you are with me I am," answers Twilight

As Sunset started the car she started to wonder if she made the right choice asking Twilight to marry her.

"Are you okay honey?" asks Twilight recognizing the look on her fiance's face.

"I was just worried that you might be making a mistake marrying me," says Sunset

"Listen to me. A creature could show up and drag you to the deepest depths of Tartarus and I would still risk my life to be with you. Because when we are together I feel like we are one being. I love you and I will continue to love you more than anyone." says Twilight as they parked in front of Applejack's house.

"Thank you, my love. I needed to hear that," says Sunset as she hears a knock on her window.

Once Sunset rolled down her window Applejack says" Well howdy there. I'm a guess you are checking on the catering."

"You guessed it A.J.," says Twilight giving her friend a hug.

"Well follow me. By the way, Pinkie is here," says A.J.

"Really. I'm surprised she hasn't shown up ye-argh," says Sunset as Pinkie surprised her from behind.

The moment Pinkie surprised Sunset she grew wings and flew into the sky.

When the other saw this they were silent mainly because they couldn't believe their eye's.

When Sunset landed Twilight says " What was that my love."

"I don't know. It only happened once before and that was after our date in Equestria the first time you met my mother. After I dropped you off at home." Explains Sunset

"Really?" asks Twilight with wonder on her face.

"Yes. But let's focus on the wedding. After that you can experiment on me okay dear." says Sunset giving Twilight a kiss

"Oh, alright," says Twilight with a pout

Sunset takes Twilight by the hand and follows A.J. into the kitchen of the house. while Pinkie was bouncing off the walls.

"I thought I would have a vegetarian option for those who want it. While the others have a choice of either steak or fish." Says A.J. with a smile

"That sounds absolutely lovely," says Twilight

"What about the cake Pinkie?" asks Sunset

Pinkie stops in mid-air and says " the cake is half chocolate and half strawberry."

"Perfect," says Sunset as she leads Twilight out to the car

"Love, I have to go see Rainbow Dash on my own," says Sunset as she drives Twilight home.

"Why do you have to go on your own?" asks Twilight

"Because I and Rainbow are working on your wedding gift," answers Sunset.

"Well okay, just be safe alright," says Twilight as they approach the house.

Once Twilight left the car Sunset drove to Rainbow's house which took all of five minutes. Sunset parked the car and went into the garage where Rainbow was waiting for guitar in hand ready to play.

When Rainbow saw Sunset she tossed her a mic while saying "You ready?"

Sunset takes a breath and says "Yes I am." While thinking back to when Twilight found her curled up in a ball in the secret room on the second floor of C.H.S.

Sunset takes center stage as Rainbow starts to play a slow romantic beat.

Three seconds in Sunset starts to sing.

"I was lost but now I'm found. When I thought all hope was gone you appeared. To drag me from the darkness and bring me into the light. And though the darkness may return know our love will always shine.

Even when all is darkness know you are my night and my light. Twilight you are the one my eternal love belongs to.

Know that when all is gone I will be there. Even when nightmares overtake the light. I will always be your sun."

As the song came to a close Sunset heard clapping. When she looked up she saw Fluttershy in the entrance.

"H-how much did you hear?" asks Sunset blushing.

"I heard the whole thing. I can feel the love and warmth you feel for Twilight in the song," answers Fluttershy.

"You can feel my feelings in the song. Really?" asks Sunset perking up.

"Yes. We both can," says Rainbow walking over to Fluttershy and giving her a kiss.

"Rainbow Dash did you just kiss Fluttershy?" asks Sunset in surprise.

"Yes, i dId. You see Fluttershy and I have been secretly dating for the last six months," says Rainbow proudly.

"It's true." squeaks Fluttershy

"Well, congratulations. I hope you two are happy together. Also, don't worry I won't say a word." says Sunset getting into her car and leaving.

At last, the day of the wedding had come and both Twilight and Sunset woke up in time to see the sunrise.

Once the sunrise was over there was a knock on the door. When Twilight opened the door she saw Rarity, Cadance, and Eclipse standing there.

"Let me guess. You are here to help get us ready," says Sunset walking up behind Twilight.

"You got it, sis," says Eclipse

"Well give me a second to say goodbye to my wife to be and I'll meet you in the car," says Sunset as Eclipse left.

"Goodbye, my love. I'll see you at the altar. says Sunset giving Twilight a kiss.

"Goodbye my love," says Twilight as Sunset walked out the door.

The moment Sunset was gone Rarity and Cadence got to work. After seven hours of primping, poking .straightening and styling Twilight was almost ready. After another hour of makeup, she was finally ready.

"Darling you look like a princess," says Rarity surprised at how well the two did on the little nerd.

"Thank you both for everything," says Twilight as Cadence gave her a hug.

"Why your very welcome sis." says Cadence as they head to the van to get to the wedding

Once Sunset was in the car with her sister they took off to the church.

"So how are you feeling?" Inquires Eclipse

"I feel as Pinkie would say nervicited," says Sunset

"Well I have something that will help," says Eclipse handing Sunset an ancient sapphire necklace. "This was our birth mothers. She told me to give it to you on your wedding day. She said it will lead you to your destiny." explains Eclipse

"Really?" asks Sunset in surprise.

"Yes. I never told you but our mother was a powerful unicorn. She could see the future of anyone that she loved. But for each vision it would drastically shorten her life." says Eclipse parking in the back of the church.

"I'm glad you are here sister," says Sunset putting on the necklace and getting out of the car.

When Sunset entered the room she was to get ready for her wedding she was surprised to see Celestia waiting.

"Mom you're early," says Sunset.

"I came early to help you get ready for your special day," responds Celestia with a smile.

The first thing that Eclipse and Celestia did was style Sunsets hair in the royalty style of Equestria. After two hours on her hair, they proceeded to the makeup and then finally came the wedding dress.

"Oh, my stars. Sunset you look like a princess and the way your dress makes you look like your on fire when you move is amazing," says Eclipse with amazement in her eye's.

" It's true you look gorgeous," says Celestia as they hear a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" asks Sunset

"It is Twilight Velvet. I am here to see my daughter in law," says Velvet.

Celestia opened the door and Velvet come in. " Excuse me but may I have a moment with my daughter?" asks Velvet

"Of course. I need to go see Twilight anyways," answers Celestia taking her leave.

"I'll be right outside if you need me, sis," says Eclipse walking out the door.

Once the door was closed Twilight Velvet goes over to Sunset and hands her a box.

Sunset opened the box and inside was a beautiful tiara with a ruby in the center.

"This is part of a family tradition to have a tiara made for each daughter for their wedding," explains Velvet

"Shouldn't this tiara be given to Twilight then," says Sunset.

"We already have one made for Twilight. This one is yours," says Velvet with a smile.

"Well, I don't know what I can say. Except okay I accept the gift. Thank you so much." says Sunset giving her mother in law a hug.

Twilight was nervous as she walked into the waiting for her wedding. A couple minutes after she calmed down there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" asks Twilight.

"This Princess Celestia. I have a special present for my daughter," explains Celestia as the door opens.

Twilight just stood looking at the princess of the sun as she entered and closed the door.

"My dearest Twilight. I present to you one of my family's oldest necklaces as a sign that we are now part of my family," says Celestia handing over an ancient ruby necklace.

"Really. This is for me?" inquires Twilight.

"Yes, it is. There is only one other like this that has a sapphire in it. Just so you know this necklace will help lead you to your destiny." explains Celestia with a smile.

"Thank you so much mom," says Twilight putting on the necklace along with a tiara with a sapphire in it from her mother and father.

"You look perfect," says Celestia as there is a knock on the door. Celestia opens the door and Twilight's dad comes in.

"It's time Celestia," says Night Light.

"Of course," says Celestia leaving to go to her seat.

"Is it really time dad?" asks Twilight

"Yes sweetie it is," answers Night Light holding out his hand to Twilight.

Twilight takes her father's hand and proudly walks out to meet her wife.

Sunset was at the altar with Shining armor at her side. Sunset was having trouble breathing because she was starting to panic.

"Calm down sis. Everything is going to be fine. After all my sister is excited to marry you." Shining says reassuring Sunset.

Once Sunset heard what Shining Armor said she stood up straight and proud. "Thank you Shining I needed to hear that," says Sunset with a smile.

At That moment the wedding music began to play.

Thirty seconds later Sunset saw Twilight and her mouth dropped open.

Shining chuckling nudged Sunset and she closed her mouth.

Sunset noticed that Twilight had the same reaction she had.

As the music came to a close Night Light took Twilight's hand and in a symbol as old as time placed in in Sunsets.

"Do you Sunset Shimmer take Twilight Sparkle to be your wife? In sickness and health, for better or worse till death do you part." says the priest with a smile.

"On this oh blessed day I do so swear," says Sunset proudly.

"Do you Twilight Sparkle take Sunset Shimmer to be your lawfully wedded wife. Knowing your life may change for better or worse. Til death do you part." continues the priest

"On this oh so blessed of days know that I do so swear," says Twilight as Fluttershy released the doves and the formed a heart around the couple.

"I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss the bride." says the priest.

Sunset takes Twilight by the hand and kisses her. The moment the newlyweds kissed there is a burst of magic from the necklaces. The magic from Sunsets necklace went to Twilight's tiara then to her tiara then down to Twilight's necklace and finally back to her own necklace. Twilight's necklace did the same thing making an hourglass symbol. Once the symbol was complete the couple disappeared.

When Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadence saw what happened they knew what was going on.

"Sister, Cadence I need you to keep everyone calm," says Celestia hurrying back to Equestria.

"Of course." says both Luna and Cadence.

"Honey where are we at?" inquires Twilight scared.

"I don't know. All I know is that someone is coming," answers Sunset giving her wife a hug.

A few minutes later Celestia appeared in front of the couple.

"Mom where are we?" asks Sunset.

"This is a realm where when the time has come alicorn princesses awaken. You both are now Princesses of Equestria," says Celestia as the unicorn couple gains their wings.

"How did I become an Equestrian princess when I am from beyond the portal?" asks Twilight

"You see when you first came to Equestria you became part Equestrian. Which allowed you to become a princess," explains Celestia

"I know what princesses' title we are. We are the princesses of portals. Which means we are to protect the portal and both Equestria and the human world." says Sunset

Twilight and Celestia both look at Sunset in surprise.

"Are thou not surprised?" inquires Celestia

"No, you see the necklace I am wearing was given to me by my sister from my biological mom. There was also a message from my mom that said that if I wore it at my wedding it would lead me to my destiny," explained Sunset

"That is the same message passed down in my family about the necklace Twilight is wearing. says Celestia

"Either way can we get back to the wedding?" asks Twilight

"Of course," answers Celestia as there is a flash of light and all three princesses were back at the wedding.

Once Celestia explained to the group of worried guests what happened. Sunset grabbed Rainbow Dash whispering "it is time for the song." Rainbow grabbed her guitar as Sunset says into the mic she grabbed" Everyone I would like to sing a song I wrote for my wife."

Rainbow Dash started playing her guitar to the tempo and rhythm of Legend you were meant to be but way slower.

After three seconds Sunset started to sing.

"I was lost but now I'm found. When I thought all hope was gone you appeared. To drag me from the darkness and bring me into the light. And though the darkness may return know our love will always shine.

Even when all is darkness know you are my night and my light. Twilight you are the one my eternal love belongs to.

Know that when all is gone I will be there. Even when nightmares overtake the light. I will always be your sun."

As the music drew to an end Twilight grew wings and flew down to Sunset. When she landed she says "My love know that I love your song as much as I love you. Thank you for this perfect gift."

Sunset blushing gave her wife a kiss. one hour later the wedding was over.

"Honey, what do you say we go on our honeymoon tomorrow?" asks Twilight

"That sounds lovely. you know our sister Cadence gave us an all expenses paid trip to a private island resort called Rukpon's Paradise," says Sunset
"We are already packed. so let's go," says Twilight as the newlyweds drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

just so every one knows the song that sunset sings in chapter three is to the tempo and rhythm of Legend you were meant to be but slower.