• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 2,864 Views, 63 Comments

The Butterfly Pegasus - Fizzyberries302



Tirek has stolen Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness and Discord's secret love. In order to get Discord to join him, he steals his magic and curses Fluttershy to become a pony by night, but a butterfly by day. Inspired by 'The Swan Princess'

  • ...
5
 63
 2,864

Lovers Unite

"Okay, so I think our best bet is to get Discord to you Fluttershy." Buttercup said. The four friends were sat on the bank. Buttercup was seated on Rocky's shell, with one of her knees raised.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Tad grumbled from his spot on Rocky's head.

"Give her a chance Tad, if we want to help Fluttershy we've gotta give it a go." Rocky explained.

"Hmph," Tad scoffed, turning his nose to the sky.

"What do you have in mind?" Fluttershy asked.

Buttercup pondered for a minute. Suddenly her wings perked up. "I've got it, picture this. Fluttershy and I got out to find him ourselves, lead him here, the moon comes up, Fluttershy changes into a pegasus and," the Breezie imitated a trumpet sound and struck a pose. "Happily Ever After,"

"How do we find him?" Fluttershy asked.

Buttercup lost her balance and fell onto the grass. She got up and dusted herself off. "You don't know where he is?" she said, baffled.

"I don't even know were I am,"

Rocky looked up at the dark castle overlooking the garden. "I bet he does," he said, pointing up to the castle with a grim expression.

Tad crossed his arms. "Yup good idea, just waltz up to the castle door and say 'Monsieur Tirek, mind if we borrow a map or something'?"

Buttercup gasped. "That's it! We need a map,"

The Breezie spread her wings. "Wait here, I'll see if I can find one." A strong Breezie came along and blew her in the direction off the castle.


In a few minutes, Buttercup came back smiling. "I found one, it's hanging on the wall in the upper chamber."

She landed and pulled them all into a huddle. "Fluttershy can kept a look out, while we get the map."

"We?" Tad scoffed.

"What you're not gonna help us?"

"No way, it's a suicide mission! Aren't you guys forgetting Tirek's slimy sea pony assistant?"

"I already checked, the sea pony's snoring away on the study." Buttercup explained.

"Still not going," Tad said.

"You don't have a choice," Rocky said, grabbing the frog by the arm.


Buttercup pushed open the door and peaked at the room. It was empty, aside from a few suits of armour. "Cost is clear, now quickly."

"Easy for you to say dollface-ouch," Rocky gasped as the door closed on his shell. Buttercup and Tad rolled their eyes. Buttercup grabbed the turtles neck, while Tad pushed him out from the back.

"Whenever I need something done, I always bring a turtle." he grumbled, pushing Rocky free.

A minute later they were climbing some stairs when Rocky let out a painful grunt. "I think I pulled a muscle,"

By then, Tad was fed up. "I can't deal with this anymore, I'm on a dangerous mission with a lame turtle, your gonna get us all killed!" Tad failed to noticed that he had kicked a suit of armour. The armour wobbled and teetered over to it's neighbour, knocking it down. A loud crash filled the room as the suits of armour were knocked over like dominoes.

The three friends cringed as it happened. Buttercup glared at Tad and slapped him across the face. "Great job Tad!"

Elsewhere in the castle, the loud crash had woken up the sleeping siren. Sonata blinked and ran downstairs to see what had caused the loud crash. Her master was down in the dungeons plotting so he didn't here the crash.

Fluttershy, who was watching the siren gasped as the sea pony left her room and was scurrying downstairs. She had to warn her friends.

Meanwhile, the frog, turtle and Breezie had found the map. Fluttershy found them and Tad opened the window for her. "The sea pony! She's awake!"

The friends gasped, only then did they hear hoof steps coming upstairs. "Come on, just get the map and go!" Buttercup cried, going into panic mode.

Tad leaped up and unhooked the map and tossed it out the window to Fluttershy. The butterfly caught it, but before the others could make their getaway, Sonata appeared out of nowhere and slammed the window shut. "Not good!" Rocky cried.

"Head for the door!" Buttercup cried, flying to the open door, but Sonata blocked the way. The friends halted to a stop. Buttercup looked around the room for a way out. She spotted the slippery slime left by Sonata on the floor. That gave her an idea.

"Rocky, duck in your shell. Tad you're with me!" Tad and Rocky barely got a word out as the eccentric Breezie grabbed a small wooden pole and jumped onto Rocky, who was hiding in his shell. Buttercup pulled Tad on board the shell and she used the pole to move Rocky. To their luck, the slime worked and they slid past the confused sea pony.

"Woohoo!" Buttercup cried as they slid down the stairs. Tad's cheeks puffed out as he began to feel queasy. He turned and saw Sonata gaining on them. "Speed up! She's on our heels!" he cried. Buttercup moved the pole in a paddle motion, making them move faster.

They were coming up to a low set window when Tad panicked. "Oh no you don't!"

Too late. Buttercup speed up, heading straight to the window. "Hang onto your socks, we're going for a ride!" she cried. Rocky's hard shell smashed through the glass as if it was butter. Sonata slipped and crashed into the pile of armour, knocking her cold. Only then did the friends realise they were falling. Tad ducked into Rocky's shell and Buttercup caught a breeze with her wings. It wasn't much, but they managed to glide safely down to the water. They skied across the water and crashed into the bank with a thud.

Buttercup jumped down and squealed. "Woohoo! Who's up for round two!"

She stopped when she saw the boys covered in mud, water and slime, glaring at her. Fluttershy flew over holding the map. "Oh my goodness, are you guys alright?"

Buttercup dusted herself off and shook the dust from her neckerchief. "More or less, that was an adventure and a half."

"No kidding, but don't ever do that again." Tad said, washing himself off. Rocky shook the mud off his body and cleaned up as well. Fluttershy spread out the map and they all studied it. Fluttershy gasped and pointed to a familiar town. "There's Ponyville, and if we're here," she said, pointing to a black castle. "Then that means I'm not far from Canterlot!"

She looked up and faced her friends with a grin. She was more determined to find Discord. He must be so worried about her. "When do we leave?!"


Buttercup and Fluttershy were flying in the direction of the city. They were currently flying above the forest outside of Canterlot. It was getting close to sunset and already the fireflies were starting to come out. "You okay Fluttershy?" Buttercup asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried what will happen if Tirek finds that I'm gone."

Buttercup halted in the air and pointed to a clearing next to a big rock. "Look!"

Fluttershy looked and her heart soared when she saw a familiar mixed and matched draconequus. Her heart gave a leap of joy. If Discord was all the way out here, then that must mean that he was searching for her. "Discord, he's come looking for me." she uttered.

"Now that we've found your man, we just need to get his attention." Buttercup said and a few fireflies buzzed around her. One lit up above her head. "I've got an idea! Fluttershy, can you talk to bugs?"

Fluttershy gave the Breezie a smile.

In seconds, the two tiny winged beings were covered in fireflies. In the sky, they looked like a floating lantern. Both girls slowly flapped their wings, trying their best to get Discord's attention.

They watched as he finally stood up and look around. His head turned up to them and it was clear that he had seen them. They slowly started to fly back to the castle. To Fluttershy's delight, he started to follow them.

"It's working! We'll be there in no time," Buttercup said.


Discord was exhausted. For someone who was used to teleporting everywhere, walking was a huge change for him. Without all his magic, he was only able to do small things like conquer up food and drink, but there was really nothing else.

His bow and arrows were seated next to him as he was propped against a damp rock. He had gotten lost in the woods and since he failed to bring a compass, he had no idea where he was. He forced himself to his feet and looked around. Nothing but trees for the next mile. Celestia's sun cast an orange glow on the afternoon forest. He wasn't exactly sure where he was, but he had to carry on for Fluttershy. Just the thought of that beautiful pegasus who had captured his heart gave him the energy to carry on.

The sun was getting close to setting in the west. Soon it would be dark and he would be forced to rest up until the dawn. His keen eye sight, which he got from the eagle part of him, caught sight of a small light in the distance. Curious, he started to follow it. He picked up his weapons and chased after the strange light in the sky.

He didn't know why, but it intrigued him. His gut told him to follow and that it was a sign of something. Using all his energy, he ran after the light.


By the pond, Tad and Rocky waited for the girls to come back. "No sign of them yet," Rocky said, looking around.

"I knew this was a bad idea," Tad grumbled.

Rocky's eyes lit up. "In coming," he said as he spotted the girls, covered in fireflies.

Tad grabbeed two of his own and waved the glowing bugs around.

"There they are!" Buttercup cried. The fireflies had left their bodies and had flown off.

Down below, Discord had followed the light into the garden of a seemingly abandoned castle. He looked around in confusion at where this was getting. Unknown to him, he was conveniently standing next to the flower bed where Fluttershy would transform back into a pegasus.

Nearby, the four friends met up. Tad let the fireflies go and blew on his burning hands. "It's almost time Fluttershy, look!" Buttercup said, pointing to the moon.

Fluttershy started hyperventilating. "I...I can't do it Buttercup."

"Why the heck not?"

"If Tirek sees him, he'll kill him."

"Fluttershy, if you don't go now, you've lost your chance for life."

Fluttershy sucked in a big breath. Buttercup was right, they only had one chance. "Alright, I'll go."

"Yes, go now!" Buttercup urged, giving the butterfly a little push.

Fluttershy spread her wings and fluttered out of the hiding place. She flew past her lover and landed in the flower bed.

Discord raised an eyebrow. "A...butterfly?" He shrugged it off as nothing and continued to look for the light that brought him there. He turned his back on the flowerbed and started to walk off. Just as the moon hit the flowerbed.

A sudden light from behind him forced himself to turn around. To his surprise, the butterfly he saw earlier was suddenly surrounded by petals and sparkles. The swirl of petals grew taller, as tall as a grown mare. When the petals blew away, instead of a butterfly was...

"Hello Discord," Fluttershy said, her pony form was back once again.

Discord stared in utter shock. She was alive! The goal to see those beautiful teal eyes once more had been accomplished. She was standing in front of him, among the flowerbed. The shock and joy that had overflowed his body caused him to drop his bow and run forward.

He picked her up by her armpits and swung her around, before pressing his lips to hers in a long, passionate kiss. He breathed a sigh of relief to feel her lips on his own. Fluttershy had never felt so happy in her life, after so long, their hearts were together again. Discord ran his claws through her mane, never wanting to let her go again.

Leaving her to go defeat Tirek was the biggest mistake of his life. He blamed himself that this happened. That Tirek kidnapped her and stole his magic. Now, all he cared about was the beautiful pony locking lips with him. Fluttershy moaned as she wrapped her arms around his neck and shuddered as his beard tickled her chin. Neither of them wanted this moment to end, to be separated again. They broke away soon after, flushed faces and blushing.

Fluttershy felt tears of joy trickle down her cheeks and she sobbed in his shoulder, Discord tenderly stroked her back, sobbing along with her.

Fluttershy looked into his gold and ruby eyes. "Discord, I missed you so much,"

"I knew you were okay Fluttershy, I knew it,"

Fluttershy's eye snapped fully open when she remembered that Tirek was coming along soon. "Discord, you can't stay." she said suddenly.

"Can't stay?" Discord repeated. "Fluttershy, I will never let you out of my sight again!"

"Listen to me Disco-"

"Fluttershy!" called a voice.

Fluttershy was all to familiar with that voice. They only had seconds before they would be spotted.

"Oh no," she uttered.

"What's wrong?" Discord asked.

"It's him,"

"Tirek?!" Discord asked, eyes filling with rage.

"Yes, he's keeping me prisoner here."

"Then let him come, I'll-"

Fluttershy panicked at what he was implying. "No Discord, without your magic you don't stand a chance."

"Then come with me, I can find my way back to Canterlot. I'll get Twilight to help you-"

"Discord I can't leave this place for too long. When the Moon sets I'll turn back into a butterfly. I can only turn back if I stand in the flowerbed. Please Discord, just go." she said, pushing him away.

Discord walked a few steps and stopped, facing her. "If your under a spell, there must be some way to break it."

Fluttershy nodded. "There is, you must make a vow of Everlasting Love-"

Discord took her hooves in his hands. "I'd make it Fluttershy, it's all I'd ever wanted."

"But you have to prove it to the world."

That did it. How was he going to prove his love to the world. "How?"

"I don't know!" she said, trying to fight back the panicked tears.

"Fluttershy!" Tirek called again.

"Coming!" she replied. she turned back to Discord. "Go!"

Discord started running, then stopped. He just remembered a tiny detail about the following night. It was the night of the Grand Galloping Gala. Ponies from all across the world would be coming. If Fluttershy were to come, he could make the vow in front of the guests and the princesses. Then the spell would be broken.

"The Gala, Fluttershy the Grand Galloping Gala is tomorrow night. Come to Canterlot, before the whole world, I'll make a vow of Everlasting Love." he said, as Fluttershy blushed, his kiss still on her lips.

"FLUTTERSHY!" called her capture.

"I'm coming!" she cried.

"Tomorrow night?" Discord asked.

Fluttershy smiled. "Yes, tomorrow night, now go."

Before he left, Discord blew her a kiss and took off into the trees. When he was gone, Fluttershy turned around and saw Tirek coming out from behind a marble pillar. "Fluttershy, didn't you hear me calling?"

"I...I uh..." she stammered.

Tirek walked over to her, arms crossed. "I thought I heard voices," he said, getting suspicious.

"Voices?"

"Yes, voices. Well...?"

Fluttershy had to buy Discord some more time. "I...I uh...I've decided to become your queen."

Her friends gapped at her statement, Tad fainted from the shock.

Tirek smirked. "Well done my dear, you've finally come to your senses," he cupped her chin, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"However, I'll need some proof that you'll be true to your statement. I think a kiss would be proof enough."

Fluttershy's eyes widened. "Kis-" before she could finish, Tirek smashed his lips into hers. Fluttershy tried to pull away, but his grip on her was too strong. From their hiding place, her friends gagged at the horrible scene. Tad had just recovered from the faint, but when he saw the scene, he fainted again. Buttercup ducked behind a bush to vomit.

Fluttershy could barely breathe at Tirek's mouth on hers, giving her a wet, sloppy kiss. She felt bile in her throat as he forced his tongue into her mouth. Fluttershy gagged at the slimy intruder and did her best to pretend to enjoy it. She knew that if Discord saw this, he would kill him.

Tirek finally broke away and Fluttershy pulled away, putting on her best forced smile. "Hmm, you're a good kisser my dear, but I still believe that your buffing. After all, would you have any idea who..." he pulled out Discord's bow, which he had stupidly left behind. "This belongs too?"

Fluttershy back up, scared of the centaur. Tirek chuckled. "Go to the Gala, and make a vow of Everlasting Love weren't you?"

Fluttershy scowled at him. Tirek laughed as he disintegrated the bow into ash. Fluttershy let out a sob as her lovers bow was burned before her eyes.

"Foolish little mare, but I'm afraid you won't be able to make it to the Grand Galloping Gala, tomorrow night."

"If you have to stop me, then you have to kill me!" she snapped.

Tirek turned around. "No my dear, it seems as if you forgot one very important detail about tomorrow night. There is no moon,"

His laughter echoed around the garden as Fluttershy broke into tears.

Author's Note:

Who says Friday the 13th is unlucky? New chapter time!