• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 2,854 Views, 63 Comments

The Butterfly Pegasus - Fizzyberries302



Tirek has stolen Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness and Discord's secret love. In order to get Discord to join him, he steals his magic and curses Fluttershy to become a pony by night, but a butterfly by day. Inspired by 'The Swan Princess'

  • ...
5
 63
 2,854

Far Longer Than Forever

Rocky the Turtle sniggered as his friend Tad tied two bullrushes together with string. they were sitting on the bank of the large garden pond, which was their home. "Quiet!" The frog snapped. "I cannot concentrate."

"Your ideas are getting dumber each day Tad,"

Tad scoffed. "Ha, think what you like mister. I am going to get her to kiss and-"

Rocky cut him off. "And when she does, 'poof' you'll turn into a prince. I know, I know, you've told me,"

Rocky pointed to a bed of tulips. "Why not give her those flowers, she loves tulips."

"Ha, tulips are so old school. I must have those ones," Tad pointed to a clump of water lilies growing in the middle of the pond. "When she learns that I risked my life for them, the kissing will not stop," he explained, not seeing the two hungry catfish lying in wait. Tad bounced up into a tree and positioned the bullrush pole.

"And then, you'll change into a prince," Rocky finished for him.

"Precisely," Tad said.

"Mind if I point out a problem," Rocky smirked, he had seen the catfish.

"I don't take advice from peasants," Tad scoffed.

"Suit yourself," said Rocky, walking away.

Tad jumped from the tree and the pole dug into the ground. Tad leaned back and got ready to fly across. Rocky approached him. "Just a quick question, how are you gonna get back?"

Tad paled when he realised what was about to happen. The pole flew forward, with Tad on board. The pole was heading straight towards the gapping mouth of the catfish. Fortunately for Tad, the fish started fighting over who was going to get the froggy dinner. Tad panicked and started trashing around. Rocky stood up to try and grab him when Tad came over to the bank.

Suddenly, Tad came to a halt above the safety of the bank, still screaming for help. "Hold my arm! Hold my leg! Hold my...oh..." he gave a cheesy grin and looked up to see a butter yellow pegasus with a pink mane holding the pole.

"Oh thank you, Fluttershy. Thank you, let me have that," he said, grabbing the pole. "Silence you savages!" he cried, letting the pole go. The end of the pole whacked one of the fish on the head, but came back and knocked the frog down, before breaking and falling into the water.

Fluttershy gasped. "Are you alright Tad? Tad?"

"Oui, yes Fluttershy. I'm alright." he coughed.

"What on earth were you trying to do?" Fluttershy asked.

"He thought he-" Rocky was cut off as Tad shushed him.

"I wanted to get, those lilies for you." Tad said.

Fluttershy put on a cheeky grin. "You're being sneaky again Tad."

"What sneaky? You deserve a nice bouquet."

"And you deserve a kiss," she teased. Her face fell slightly. "But you know I'm under a spell."

"But my kiss will break the spell!" Tad insisted.

Fluttershy shook her head. "That's not how it works Tad. My heart belongs to Discord, he's the only one who can break the spell. And he-"

"Must make a vow of Everlasting Love, I know!" Tad snapped.

"And prove it to the world," she finished.

"I don't get how mister chaos can help you! I risked my life to get those flowers with the catfish going chomp-chomp!" Tad snapped, all his effort for nothing.

"I'm saw Discord is doing whatever he can to find me," Fluttershy said, standing up. She started to sing the words that came from her heart.

"If I could break this spell
I'd run to him today!
And somehow I know he's on his way to me,"

She walked a little into the flowers, still singing.

"Discord, you and were meant to be
Far longer than forever
I'll hold you in my heart,
Its almost like your here with me
All through we're far apart,"

Somewhere in the nearby woods, Discord was walking through the foliage. He felt like someone was singing for him. The forest echoed with his enchanting voice as he replied.

"Far longer than forever
As constant as a star
I close my eyes and I am where you are,"

He closed his fist around the Element of Kindness, holding it to his chest.

Fluttershy replied with more feeling. "Sure as the dawn brings the sunrise
We have unshakeable bonds,"

"Destined to last for a lifetime and beyond," Discord's voice echoed through the trees.

Soon the voices from two lovers combined together in the song. So far apart, yet so close together.

"Far longer than forever,"

"Far longer then forever,"

"I swear that I'll be true,"

"I swear that I'll be true,"

"I've made an everlasting vow,
To find the way to you,"

"Far longer than forever,
Like no love ever known
And with your love I'll never be alone,"

"Far longer than forever," Fluttershy sang.

"Much stronger then forever," Discord replied.

Fluttershy trailed off as she walked back to where her friends were sitting. "And with your love I'll never be alone,"

Fluttershy gasped as she saw a small shimmering figure fall down by the bank. She rushed over and was shocked to see it was a female Breezie. The Breezie's body was butter yellow like her own, but the tiny being had an orange mane. Around it's neck was a blue neckerchief and on her feet she wore green boots. Fluttershy noticed that one of it's antennas was bent.

"What is it?" Rocky asked.

"A Breezie, their a race of adorable fairy like beings that live in a small world at the back of a cave. But the portal to their home closed three months ago, meaning that this one must of got lost or left behind." Fluttershy explained, cradling the unconscious Breezie in her hooves.

She carefully bent the antenna back into the correct position. Tad opened one of the Breezie's eyelids. "Hello, this is your wake up call!"

The Breezie shrieked and held out her fists in a fight mode. Rocky and Tad jumped back at the sudden change in behaviour. "What the heck do you think you're doing! Creeping up on a girl when she's sleeping!"

Fluttershy found her voice. "Wait, we're friendly."

The Breezie shot around to look at Fluttershy. "If you're friendly, then how come you let those boys creep up on-" The breezie was cut off when she noticed that her antenna was fixed.

"I fixed your antenna while you were laying there."

"You mean instead of killing me, you chose to help me?"

"Yes,"

The Breezie curtsied to the pegasus. "Madam, I apologise. My name's Buttercup."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Buttercup, I'm Fluttershy," Fluttershy turned to the boys. "These two are my friends Mr Rocks,"

"Just call me Rocky sweetheart," Rocky said, introducing himself to the Breezie.

"And Tad,"

"I have no friends, only servants and they call me 'Your Highness'." Tad said, holding out his hand. Buttercup gave him an odd look.

"Thinks he's a prince," Rocky whispered to her.

Buttercup whistled and faced Fluttershy. "I owe ya Fluttershy, if there's anything I can do for you let me know."

Fluttershy shook her head. "I don't think there's anything you can do, he has me under a spell."

Buttercup gasped. "Who does?!"

"Lord Tirek," Rocky explained.

As he said that, the garden started to glow bright and colourful like the day. The Breezie, frog and Turtle ducked behind and rock as Fluttershy stood up. Tirek came out from behind a tree, wearing a gold suit of of armour. Fluttershy scowled and turned away from her captor. "Your knight in shining armour has come to set you free," He turned her around so she was facing him. "All it takes is one word, Will you Marry Me?"

Fluttershy snapped. "Every night you ask the same question, and every night I'll give you the same answer. I'll die if I choose you,"

Tirek growled and the beautiful scenery and armour disappeared. "You're really starting to bug me Fluttershy,"

"I'd of think you'd be used to it by now."

"THAT'S IT! JUST KEEP PUSHING IT, BUT SOMEDAY FLUTTERSHY I'M GONNA BOIL OVER!" Tirek snapped.

"GO AHEAD THEN! BUT I'LL NEVER BE YOUR QUEEN!"

Tirek grumbled and faced her. "I was hoping that your answer would have changed, but maybe you need some time to think about it."

Fluttershy turned and saw that the moon was setting. "No," she uttered as she walked into the flowerbed. Tears fell down her cheeks as petals and sparkles surrounded her. The petals blew away, revealing a beautiful yellow and pink butterfly, a single tear fell from her eye. Tirek kicked over a rock and stomped away. Buttercup gapped at the sight of what was once a beautiful pony.

She and the animals came out from their hiding place. "Who was that?! Fluttershy, what happened to you?" she asked.

"It's the spell I'm under, it turns me into a butterfly when the sun comes up." Fluttershy explained.

"But who was that guy and why did he ask you to marry him?" Buttercup demanded.

"That was Lord Tirek, he's the one who put her under the spell. The proposal part is so he can use Fluttershy to take control of Equestria." Rocky explained.

"That snake! Will you always be like this Fluttershy?" Buttercup asked.

The butterfly hung her head. "I hope not, the spell can only be broken by a vow of Everlasting Love, proven to the world."

"And, do you have a special somepony?"

"Yes I do, he's my everything. I love him with every fibre of my body and he feels the same for me."

"What's his name?"

"His name is Discord, the Lord of Chaos." Fluttershy explained.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of him. Wasn't he evil?"

"Yes, but he's changed. Discord really cares about me." Fluttershy said.

"Well Fluttershy, you said that I can't repay you fro helping me, well you're wrong. I can help you reunite with your lover."

Fluttershy stared at the tiny Breezie. "But you're a Breezie."

Buttercup crossed her arms. "So? Even the smallest person can make a big difference. I'm not like other Breezies, I don't let big things worry me. I'll help you Fluttershy and I don't care what it takes."

Author's Note:

Not gonna lie, I felt sick writing Tirek's proposal... :pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick:

Also, what do you think of Buttercup. As she already stated, she's not like other Breezies. Instead of being quiet and shy, she's loud and eccentric. Good spotters who caught the Barbie reference.