• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 2,852 Views, 63 Comments

The Butterfly Pegasus - Fizzyberries302



Tirek has stolen Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness and Discord's secret love. In order to get Discord to join him, he steals his magic and curses Fluttershy to become a pony by night, but a butterfly by day. Inspired by 'The Swan Princess'

  • ...
5
 63
 2,852

Chaos and Love

Discord always looked forward to Tuesday's. It was his favourite day of the week. Why? Because it meant he got to spend and hour with the pony he secretly had affections for. Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness was his first and dearest friend. She had helped introduce him to Friendship and control his chaotic powers. Over time, the friendship they had had promoted something greater. Discord never thought there would be a time where he, the master of chaos, would fall in love. He loved everything about her; her soft pink mane, those sparkly teal eyes and her kind, sweet personality. He loved her more than chaos itself, however he was a mixed and matched being of chaos and disharmony nearly a thousand years her senior. It hurt him to know that she could only ever see him as a friend. She was a beautiful pegasus and he was a hideous monster.

The draconequus poofed into her cottage. Fluttershy was already there with the tea and cakes. "Oh hello Discord, your here early." she said.

"Is that a problem?" he said, playfully.

"No not at all, I love your company Discord."

"Just as I love our time together Fluttershy." he said.

"If only I could tell you how I truly feel." He thought sadly.

Discord sat down on the couch next to Fluttershy and she poured him a cup of tea. Discord levitated it over with his magic and took a small tip. Fluttershy filled her own cup and drank from it. "How you been lately?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

"Alls well and good, though I look forward to Tuesdays because it means that I get to spend time with the most amazing mare in Equestria." he said, helping himself to a butter cookie.

Fluttershy blushed. "Discord, I look forward to our Tuesday tea parties as well. We're best friends aren't we?"

Discord felt a pain in his heart when she said 'best friend'. "Yes," he said with a forced grin. "Best friends."

There was an awkward silence for about five minutes. Fluttershy set her empty cup on the table, while Discord just ate his. She had to admit she admired him at a much greater level than friends. But she was afraid to say anything in fear of what her friends would think.

Discord knew that he had to tell her how he felt, whether she felt the same or not. "Fluttershy,"

"Yes Discord?"

"Um, would it be alright if we could go outside. See its such a lovely day and I don't want to be stuck inside. all the time." he stuttered.

Fluttershy looked out the window and back at him. "I suppose so, alright lets go outside."

Discord snapped his fingers and teleported them into her garden, which was filled with multicoloured flowers and her forest friends. Discord snapped again and a garden table and two chairs appeared on the lawn. They sat down facing each other. I have to tell her now!"Fluttershy,"

"Yes Discord?"

Here goes nothing, "Um...there's something I've been meaning to tell you." he said, capturing her hooves in his hands.

"Fluttershy, I know we're best friends. But recently I've felt something more towards you. You are the pony who introduce me to friendship and showed me that theres more to life then chaos. Fluttershy, the day you reformed me I...I...fell for you. I fell in love with the most beautiful pony imaginable. I know you probably don't feel the same, but I have always loved you since that day. Sounds cheesy I know, but I had to tell you this so you know of my feelings for you. I understand if you don't like me in that way, but I know I do. You mean more to me than chaos. Without you, I'm lost and I'm so grateful to have you as a friend, because I know thats all we'll ever be. Besides, how could you ever love somepony who's not your species and is thousand years your senior." he sighed with relief, having got that off his chest.

Fluttershy stared at him, shocked. He had loved her all this time?! How could those words be fake, those had clearly come from his heart. "Discord...I had no idea you felt this way."

"Just say it Fluttershy, I know you'll never love me in the same way." he said, bracing himself for the painful explanation. But...it never came.

Instead he felt an unfamiliar softness on his lips. He opened his eyes and was shocked to see Fluttershy there, her eyes closed like a baby. The softness had been her lips on his own. It only took a few seconds for it to click in his brain. She was kissing him! The mare of his dreams was kissing him! And out of her own free will. Tears of joy filled his eyes as he slowly returned the passion he had been holding back for so long. He let go of her hooves and cupped her chin, pulled her closer. It was then that he knew, that Fluttershy, his Fluttershy, had loved him all along...

Author's Note:

This is a story inspired by my favourite childhood movie 'The Swan Princess'. Also when Discord teamed up with Tirek or should I say 'Dip-rek' :twilightangry2:

Let's just say it really ticked me off so I thought, what if Discord hadn't gone will Tirek and what if Tirek had stolen Discord's magic in that alley.

I hope you enjoy!