• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 710 Views, 107 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 6: Grand Tournament - Bahamut0



With the huge fame Burst has received from being the current duel champion, Celestia decides to have a tournament thrown at CHS.The winner gets to face Burst in a final duel!

  • ...
6
 107
 710

Duel 1: Fresh Start

"Heh. Barely here a week and I've already made a name for myself.", Dark Ice thought out loud as he walked the hallways of Crystal Prep. "I'm one of the best duelists here and everybody knows it. Not to mention I've gotten pretty popular." Ice thought about when he first enrolled. 'That lady Cinch seemed way too eager to have me aboard because of my dueling skills. Meh. Not important right now. What does matter is paying Ace back for humiliating me time and again!'

"Hey Ice!", Indigo Zap shouted as he got near to her and her friends. This brought a smile to Dark Ice's face. Not a malicious or evil smile like when he fought Ace. A real smile that showed up when he was around his friends. One more thing that made this stuffy school worth bearing.

'Most of the kids here a rich-kids or know-it-alls. These girls though. They're cool. Especially Indigo.', Ice thought to himself. "Yo Zap. How's it hangin'?"

"Meh. Pretty dull day." Soon the loudspeaker went off.

"Dark Ice. Please report to Principal Cinch's office."

Dark Ice sighed. "Might as well see what she wants. I swear if I have to hear her ramble on about reputation I'll duel her into next week." Ice went to Cinch's office, and it looked like she was expecting him. He noticed she had a folder on her desk.

"Ah. Good of you to come Dark Ice."

"Cut the chat and get to why you wanted to see me."

"Very well. I thought you would be interested in the tournament CHS is holding. As you know, the winner of Duelist Kingdom and Battle City attends that school and the winner of the tournament shall face him in a final duel. His name is Burst Stream." Ice kept a calm exterior, but on the inside he was thrilled that he would have his chance to beat Ace! But when he heard Burst's name, the excitement was quickly replaced with dread. Burst was the one who destroyed Dark Mist. "And as you also know, there was no clear winner of the last Friendship Games. I will not stand for that. Crystal Prep's reputation has taken a significant hit, and I will stop at nothing to restore it. And this tournament is the perfect opportunity to restore it. I want you to enter the tournament and CRUSH Burst Stream."

"I'll enter the tournament. But I won't face Burst Stream. If you want to take him down so bad, do it yourself if your precious reputation. Red Dragon Archfiend and I are entering the tournament of my own accord. There's nothing you can say or do to make me fight him.", Ice said as he left her office.

"Perhaps I shall take his words to heart.", Cinch said as she opened a drawer with her duel disk inside.