• Published 28th Oct 2016
  • 3,605 Views, 112 Comments

A Big Hug - David Silver



Daring Do finds an interesting creature. She isn't going to take care of it, so she brings it to the Royal Sisters to deal with. Surely they can handle it, right?

  • ...
10
 112
 3,605

6 - Somber Thoughts

Luna stood her ground before the baleful presence. "Sombra, King no longer. You have committed grave cri--"

"Spare me your sanctimonious drivel." Those eyes came closer, dripping shadows in unnerving patterns. "As if you have the power to enforce any laws here."

Luna's horn flared brightly, shedding silvery light across the cave and forcing Sombra back a foot from the harsh glow. "Do not think me defenseless!"

With an angry hiss, his influence was felt. More of Tsuki's people emerged into the light, eyes hardened and ready to battle with teeth exposed and claws scraping at the stone.

Luna cringed. The idea of fighting even one of Tsuki's bulk was quite sufficient for sparring, dozens of them? Her fearless stance faltered.

Tsuki wrapped his forelegs around Luna, squeezing her in a gentle hug before he rose to his full height like an angry bear. "Not want to fight, but will."

The others hesitated before the armored form of their lost kin, but Sombra would have none of it. "Attack!"

They came like a great bouncing wave, thundering as they bound in unison to crash against Tsuki's form. Teeth met the metal of his armor in loud clinks as others found tender flesh and drew a pained yelp from him. With a great heave he threw several aside and crashed down, landing on and pinning two more.

Luna recovered from her shock and blasted one just before they could pounce on Tsuki. For her effort, one of them dropped on her, throwing her to the ground. She summoned a brilliant shield, sending the rabbit-like creature flying as two others crashed into the shield violently, making it crack and wobble at once. "This doesn't look good."

The shadow of Sombra gathered together, stepping free into a pony in the shape of his old self. He looked confident, smirking at the two as they struggled to win against the tide of powerful flesh. "You may bow your heads now."

"Never!" spat out Luna, trying to stand, only to be roughly shoved to her belly by an obedient rabbit-like beast.

Tsuki said something, but it was muffled under all his kin who had formed a great pile to keep him still. They were both pinned and helpless.

Sombra laughed as he stepped closer. "One lost pet, and a little lost Princess. What a fine catch we have today..." He reached for Luna's growling snout and brushed his hoof across it. "Don't look so sour. This doesn't have to end poorly for you. Accept me as your king."

"As if we wo--"

"That was not an option." A flare of dark magic created a thick chain around Luna's muzzle, silencing her beyond soft growls. "Let the other rise."

The pile began to disperse, allowing Tsuki to gasp for air and rise on shaking legs. "You fought well," complimented Sombra. "Just... on the wrong side. Do you enjoy fighting your own people?"

Tsuki blinked at Sombra with obvious confusion even as Luna wriggled and tried to shout at him through her chained mouth. "Are you a friend?"

Sombra arched a brow. "I am more than a fr--"

His words were cut off as Tsuki stepped forward and grabbed Sombra, hugging him tightly. "Hello friend! Friend, let Best Pony go." He pointed at Luna. "Friends should not fight."

Sombra blinked slowly. Had he just been embraced? The impudence! "Have you any idea who I am?"

"No. Wait! You are a friend." Tsuki bobbed his head eagerly. "Friend, introduce me to others." He waved at all the other rabbit creatures like himself.

Sombra raised a hoof to between his eyes and counted silently a moment. "Creature!"

"Tsuki."

"What?"

Tsuki bobbed his head and pointed at himself. "Tsuki." He pointed at Sombra. "Friend?"

"I am King Sombra." His voice had a low growl to it, irritated.

"Hello, King." Tsuki grabbed Sombra up in a fresh hug, eagerly embracing his new friend and nipping at a twitchy pony ear. Pony had such delightfully twitchy ears. "Now know each other. Introduce to others?"

A new noise came from Luna. She was laughing, muffled as it may be, through her chained snout. Watching the two interact was reason enough for it.

Sombra's eyes flared with dark power. "Do not address me as if we were equals!"

Tsuki tilted his head a little. "We are friends."

"You are a vassal. I am your lord."

"Friend?" Tsuki did not seem to grasp the concept being put forward.

Sombra took a slow breath. "Go stand with the others."

Tsuki looked to the others, who seemed to be eyeing him warily. There was no love there. "Introduce us please. They not know Tsuki."

Author's Note:

Tsuki has decided Sombra is just a grumpier pony, worthy of all the big hugs he can deliver.

Is this good?