• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 2,260 Views, 40 Comments

A Rainbow Forms - TheRainbowDashShow



Rainbow Dash wants to confess her feelings to Applejack. The two have a falling out.

  • ...
6
 40
 2,260

Chapter 7

Applejack pulled at the blanket covering her head to shield herself from the morning light that flooded her bedroom. Faint laughter filled the room coming from downstairs. Letting out a yawn she rolled out of her bed that beckoned her to return to its warm refuge.

Applejack shuddered as she took a look at herself through the bedroom mirror; her mane sprawled about as if a tornado had trailed through it. She took her brush and scraped it back down into place as quickly as possible before joining her family downstairs.

"Hey big sis'!" Applebloom called out excitedly, tackling her sister to the ground when she was safe at the base of the steps. The filly let out a small laugh as a hoof rubbed down into the top of her head.

"Well hi, whatcha been up to?" Applejack asked, her sisters unusual display of affection rousing suspicion.

"Nothin', ah promise!" Applebloom cried sounding offended.

"Uh-huh, sure, so yah don't want anything, yah just love yer big sister that much huh?" Applejack winked.

Applebloom got up and walked in small circles, "Well… alright, yah caught me. Ah was hoping ah could have a sleepover at
Sweetie Belle's tonight." She said, settling down while she waited for an answer.

"Of course yah can have a sleep over, just don't break anything like yah did last time. Rarity lectured me fer hours about how the three of yah had spilled paint all over her precious fabrics." Applejack rolled her eyes at the memory.

"Thanks sis! Yer the best!" Applebloom shouted giving her sister a quick peck on the cheek before trotting out of sight.

Big Macintosh entered the living room, "Rainbow Dash came by earlier, I told her you were a sleep, so she asked me to tell you she stopped by." he spoke as clearly as he could to avoid having to repeat himself.

"Ah see… guess ah should probably go see what she wants than."

"Ee-yup"

Applejack looked around for her saddlebag spotting it on the staircase railing, "Any chance she mentioned what this was all about or where she was going?"

Once again, he kept his answer short, "Mmnope."

Applejack said farewell to her brother, taking a long pause just outside the front door. She had been trying so hard to ignore any thoughts of Rainbow Dash since the conversation she had overheard at the cloud home. Anxiety seeped into her heart as she started walking towards town.

"Maybe ah'll go see Twilight first and talk to her about everything before I find Rainbow." Applejack thought to herself, using it as an excuse to postpone her visit with Rainbow Dash.

The sun beamed down heavily on Applejack as she reached the town. The birds chirping cheerfully and the streets filled with laughter from young colts and fillies at play. The fountain in the center of town glittering in the sun as the streams of water gently crashed into the pool below. Applejack wished she could enjoy the beautiful day, but her unavoidable confrontation with Rainbow Dash put her on edge.

Applejack reached the hollow tree that had been made into Twilight Sparkle's new home. Taking a deep breath forgetting to knock, she walked inside. Unsurprising to her, she found the purple unicorn sitting at her desk her face buried into a thick dusty book, no doubt filled with useless facts about Equestria's history.

Twilight turned around when she heard the sound of hoofsteps approaching her, "Oh hey again Applejack! It's so nice to see you again." Twilight spoke excitedly recalling the last visit with her friend, "Did you need anything? I'm more than happy to help with another spell!"

Applejack shook her head, "Thanks sweetie, but ah'm just here to talk to yah about something this time."
Twilight quickly marked her place in the book before shutting it, "That's great, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, ah was wondering… do yah know if Rainbow Dash has… a special somepony?" Applejack fumbled the words cautiously, her cheeks starting to grow warm as she talked.

"I don't think so… I'm pretty sure Rainbow Dash probably thinks she is to cool and radical for anypony in town." Twilight made gestures hinting that Applejack should elaborate on the question.

"Well, ah heard her talking to somepony inside her home, and ah heard her say… t-t-that s-she loved them" Applejack tried holding herself together as her voice began to break apart.

"Well, I don't know, I've never seen her with any stallions before…" Twilight said, then took notice that tears were flowing from her friends eyes. "Applejack, what's wrong?" she asked, placing her hoof on Applejack's back hoping to comfort her friend.

"Ah think… Ah… Ah love Rainbow Dash!" Applejack practically screamed, hiding her head from the purple eyes looking at her. Although ashamed of herself, when the secret finally came out, she felt a large weight lifting from her shoulders.
Twilight said nothing; she pulled her friend closer and hugged her to show her support, hoping it would help to soothe her trembling friend.

"When ah heard her say to somepony that she loved them, ah felt like... then ah ran away. Ah can't even look at her now and ah've been avoiding her ever since since." Applejack's crying slowed as her friend squeezed her tightly.

"Applejack, it's okay, but you can't keep running away from the problem, it won't solve anything. You need to tell her the truth about how you feel, or else you will just spend the rest of your life running and hiding from her." Twilight whispered softly in her friend's ear.

Applejack felt a little shocked at how accepting Twilight was being of the strange thoughts and feelings she had just poured onto her. She sniffled and dried her tears, "Yer right Twilight… Ah should… no, Ah need to go tell her." She turned around and ran outside the tree, leaving Twilight Sparkle behind her.

When she started running a tingling sensation began to cover her hooves while they suddenly started glowing purple for a few brief moments. Applejack turned around to find Twilight grinning and winking at her from the doorstep. She let out a smile and started back down the road towards Fluttershy's cottage.