• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 2,260 Views, 40 Comments

A Rainbow Forms - TheRainbowDashShow



Rainbow Dash wants to confess her feelings to Applejack. The two have a falling out.

  • ...
6
 40
 2,260

Chapter 17

Rainbow Dash wheeled herself back around towards the hospital bed and crawled onto it, hiding herself away as she pulled the blanket over her head. Silence fell through the room once again, Applejack tried to break the silence. "Rainbow, ah'm so sorry." She said again lamely. Rainbow Dash waved a hoof at her with disinterest, saying nothing back.

Applejack frowned and she started heading towards the door, "Maybe ah should go, it looks like yah want tah be left alone"

"No!" Rainbow shouted out from beneath the blanket, "Don't go... please. I want you here, I really do. It's j-just, I-I don't know what t-to do…"

Applejack walked back over and pulled up a seat near the head of the bed, "It's okay sweetie, ah'll stay as long as yah want me tah." she said in a soft and caring tone.

Rainbow Dash thought for a moment, then turned toward her and blew the blanket off her face, "Applejack, about yesterday…"

Applejack knew this was going to come up at some point, but she couldn't help but hoped that it would have been later. Her voice filled with regret and guilt when she spoke up, "Ah'm sorry Rainbow, ah don't know why ah was so upset"

"It's okay Applejack, I understand... I think. I guess it just wasn't fair of me to burden you with how I really feel about you." Rainbow Dash said quietly.

"No-no-no, It's not yer fault Sugarcube." Applejack responded, still not realizing that her friend was talking about her. "Yah did absolutely nothing wrong, ah don't know what came over me, ah was the one being a hay-head."

Rainbow Dash started to feel better that her friend was seemingly more understanding now then she had before. At least she had the consolation that they could continue being friends. Even if she would have to push away her desires of always wanting more. She pulled Applejack in close and hugged her tightly, the embrace bringing in much needed comfort, permitting her to let out a small smile as she held the orange pony.

The guilt started flooding back, pouring in great waves, forcing Applejack to pull away from the hug. She stared at the glossy pink tinted eyes in front of her, a spark of what seemed to almost be hope emitted when their eyes met. "Rainbow…" she muttered under her breath, searching for the right words again.

Rainbow glanced outside the window; a small arc of color cast itself in the sky off in the distance. It filled her with even more hope, the possibility that maybe she hadn't lost everything after all. She turned back towards Applejack, peering back into the deep green eyes in front of her. She looked at the orange mare, the beautiful eyes reminding her just how much she loved and desired Applejack and how much she wanted to be by her side no matter the circumstances.

Rainbow Dash continued to stare into the emerald eyes just inches from her until the thoughts and emotions filled her to the point at which she could no longer take it. She knew she still had this one chance left and she wouldn't let that be taken away from her as everything else had. Her heart started to race as she knew what she was going to do, even if she didn't believe that she was actually going to do it, "Applejack, I'm sorry... but I still love you."

Applejack blinked and opened her mouth to say something but Rainbow Dash interrupted her, she grabbed at Applejack and pulled her in close, she then pressed her lips hard onto her companion's. Rainbow had expected Applejack to have retreated in an instant, however, she found she was met without any resistance at all.

Applejack felt confused, but she didn't care, nor did she break away, she pushed her face back, returning the kiss. The two closed their eyes and began to savor the moment that they were experiencing. Their heart fluttering as their trembling hooves found their way around one another, tightly wrapping around the other, holding each other close and tightly as their kiss went on. Finally, their lips separated from one another and the two locked into each other’s gaze silently, finally Applejack whispered back, "I love you too, Rainbow Dash."