• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 2,261 Views, 40 Comments

A Rainbow Forms - TheRainbowDashShow



Rainbow Dash wants to confess her feelings to Applejack. The two have a falling out.

  • ...
6
 40
 2,261

Chapter 3

Rainbow Dash rolled around restlessly on her plush cloud bed as she grasped back the sleep that quickly faded from her after she had awoken from the dream she had experienced earlier. A loud piercing ring filled the room scratching at the tired Pegasus's ears.

Rainbow Dash let out an irritated groan, she had gotten next to no sleep, and now it was time for her to pull herself away from her warm bed and go back to work. She swung her hooves at the still ringing alarm clock, the blow did not stop the ringing, instead caused it to fall off the night stand.

Rainbow screamed out in frustration, picking up the clock and smashing it repeatedly on the night stand, breaking it into smaller bits until finally the horrible noise ceased. She grumbled again, scooped up the pieces and threw them into the trash and withdrew another clock from the nightstand dresser.

She pried herself away from the comforts of her bed, making a pose as she passed her mirror, complementing herself as she did so, "Yep, still as awesome as ever!" she hoped saying this would make herself feel better. She ran a hoof through her mane, shaking it about until it was restored to its usual ruffled look.

Rainbow left her bedroom and made her way into the kitchen, opening and shutting cupboards doors as she scanned through her kitchen with haste trying to find a quick breakfast, "Ugh, I really should go grocery shopping more often!" She gave up the search for anything to snack on, letting out yet another annoyed groan.

The Pegasus glanced over at the kitchen clock realizing she was now late for her daily cloud clearing duty, "Great…" she muttered to herself as she rushed out the front door. Usually Rainbow Dash would have taken a few minutes for herself to get in a quick practice session for the tricks she had been working on for the Wonderbolts audition, but she decided against it as she found herself already more late than was typical of her.

She reached her destination to be greeted by an annoyed gray Pegasus yelled at her "C'mon Rainbow, you were supposed to have been here clearing the skies an hour ago! So hurry it up and get to work!" Rainbow Dash forced out a laugh, trying to appear as though she didn't care, "Sorry, but you and I both know awesomeness arrives whenever it feels like!" The gray Pegasus scoffed and left Rainbow Dash to do her work.

Rainbow Dash cracked her wings, preparing herself to move quickly to get caught up with her work. She bolted from her spot, leaving only a multicolored blur that followed her as she shot across the sky, the clouds vanishing as the stream of color came into contact with them. Once she closed in towards her goal, she paced herself and enjoyed the warm sunlight. As always, she decided she would finish the job by clearing the rest of the clouds with the special tricks she was practicing on.

Rainbow Dash flew high up in the air, feeling she was high enough, she dived down, bringing in her hooves close to her body and made a sharp jerk upward, then tucked in her wings. She began to spiral towards the ground. Just a few feet from the ground, she extended her wings once more, angling them upward, charging her back into the sky, plowing straight through the cloud above her.

"That was totally awesome!" she squeaked to herself as she slowed down. After eradicating the last cloud of the clouds, Rainbow landed on a pillow that rested on the branch of her favorite tree. She let herself relax, hoping to catch up on some of her precious sleep she had missed out on.

The thoughts of Applejack returned and continued to eat away at her. Rainbow Dash hummed loudly to herself, hoping that for some reason this would drown out her own words in her head. A second voice soon joined in with the humming. The noise startled Rainbow Dash nearly knocking her off the branch she rested on. She opened her eyes and looked around to find that a pink face was floating just inches above hers.

"Ohmygosh, hi Rainbow, I heard you humming, and I thought, ohmygosh that sounds like fun, so I thought I'd come up here and join you!" Pinkie Pie paused for a moment, "Although now that I think about it, I don't know how I got up here myself."
Rainbow Dash blinked as she tried to properly absorb every word that Pinkie Pie spouted.

"Hey you look kind of hungry, we should get some cupcakes!" Pinkie Pie squeaked joyfully, still not needing even a single moment to catch her breath.

Rainbow Dash blinked again, her brain still catching up with everything Pinkie Pie had just said. "Uh, sure I guess." she replied, although she was unsure she had actually even correctly heard the rapidly spoken words. Milliseconds after her agreement, Pinkie Pie let out an ear-shattering cheer of excitement.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you wanted to come get cupcakes with me Rainbow Dash! When I saw you on that tree, I bet you wanted muffins too!" Pinkie's words still exiting her mouth like rapidfire.

"Pinkie..." Rainbow attempted to squeeze a word in, but was interrupted again by another barrage of randomness.

"I totally saw Applejack earlier, and she looked super sad, so I said to her 'Hey, we should go get cupcakes or something, that'll make you feel better', and she totally was like 'nah ah just want to be left alone'.

"PINKIE!" Rainbow Dash shouted, finally quieting her friend down, giving her head a chance to catch up. She stopped mid-step when she realized her friend had mentioned Applejack, "Wait, what did you say was wrong with Applejack?"

The pink pony giggled, "I don't know, I told you that silly, but she did seem pretty sad." Pinkie Pie pondered silently, trying to piece together what could be upsetting Applejack.

"Sorry, Pinkie Pie, we'll go to Sugar Cube Corner some other time." Rainbow Dash waved her hoof goodbye before launching off into the sky, not giving Pinkie Pie an opportunity to respond, she was worried if she had, she would be there until nightfall.

As she flew away, she was sure she could still hear her crazy friend talking to herself, she felt relieved that she no longer had to listen to whatever silly nonsense was possibly being spouted now.