• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 2,260 Views, 40 Comments

A Rainbow Forms - TheRainbowDashShow



Rainbow Dash wants to confess her feelings to Applejack. The two have a falling out.

  • ...
6
 40
 2,260

Chapter 11

Thunder crashed through the skies, rumbling in the nearby mountains. Bolts of electricity flashed, lighting up the dark gray sky. Cold and heavy raindrops plummeted down, pounding at the earth below turning the dusty dirt into a gooey slippery mud. The wind's speed picked up greatly, shaking the trees of the forest violently with each gust.

A stray charge of lightning hit a tree near the waterfall. The tree brightened into a dazzling red and blue before letting out a sizzling noise, followed by a much louder popping as the tree exploded into hundreds of pieces as the force of the discharge bounced around inside it. Pieces of the tree's bark flew through the air like shrapnel as if from a bomb. Soon a sharp, jagged chunk of wood pelted into a crying blue Pegasus just in between the joint of her wing.

Rainbow Dash let out a gasp of pain. She looked back her reddening wound and tried to move her wing, as she did, a pinching sensation ran through her entire wing forcing her to stop. She gave several attempts to try and to remove the chunk of wood with her teeth, but it was too deeply imbedded and she had to give up.

Rainbow Dash turned around and looked for the exit trail, however the dark clouds were covering the moonlight, making it impossible for her to see. While she scanned her surroundings for the way out, the raindrops continued to sleek down the rock formation that held together the waterfall. A powerful surge of wind blew through the trees, hurling a loose boulder towards the unsuspecting pony, drawing closer and closer, until it came to a halt with a loud crunching.

A scream of pure agony escaped Rainbow's lips as the large rock impacted into her leg, rolling over and crushing down. The snapping of bone echoed through the forest as loud as the thunder's crashes. The still solid remains of the shattered leg's bone popped out of the knee's joint as the boulder continued weighing down on it.

Rainbow Dash bit down as hard as she could onto her forehoof trying to alleviate some of the excruciating pain that shot through her blazing nerves. She tried to pace her rapid and shallow breathing, trying to keep herself from blacking out from the disorienting sensations that started to overwhelm her aching body.

The freezing mud slowly encasing her as she lay there completely immobilized from the rock that pinned her down. Her body began to shiver violently from both the frigid air and the searing pain that coursed through her.

In a vain effort to free herself, she tried pulling herself away from the stone slab that restrained her, the fur and skin on her crushed leg feeling as if it was being ripped apart with each tug. As a reflex her body seized back curling into itself, trying to protect itself from any further injuries as well as warm itself.

She began to fill with regrets and fear as her mind told herself that she wouldn't be able to free herself from this place. Desperately she called out to the forest pleading for anything to come and help her. Unsurprisingly though, she received no answers, as she lay there, she silently began to pray to herself that some pony would find her.

Rainbow Dash clenched her jaws and her limbs pushed into the mud as she tried fighting the pain as it kept growing, but soon it became unbearable. She found herself welcoming anything, so long as it would stop the pain that streamed through her. For a few moments she pushed back the overwhelming exhaustion, but combating with it just made her fatigue grow even faster. Her eyelids slowly began to shut, her mind shifting to Applejack, "I forgive you Applejack" she whispered as the painless sleep overtaking her.