• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 13,741 Views, 210 Comments

There's more than one way to live a Nightmare - Abaddon spice



Just a regular human turned into Nightmare Moon and visiting alternate Equestria. Totally normal.

  • ...
47
 210
 13,741

Chapter 4: No rest for the wicked

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated. School stuff. Enjoy :pinkiehappy:

When Celestia finally woke up again, Luna explained everything to her (after restraining me from doing my demon voice) and we all had a family group hug. Actually, it was more of me and Luna doing the hug and Tia just going stiff. After talking a bit though, she eventually warmed up to me though (or is it warmed back up?), and soon the two decided to introduce me to the population nearby; AKA: Ponyville.

Yeah, Tia and Lulu didn't get the memo on which town I just terrorized.

To be truthful though, I think they took it rather well. They only screamed and ran for only ten minutes this time when we showed up. Then Luna had to calm them, and Tia gave a huge speech on that the elements purified me and how I was all reformed, and blah blah blah, good guy stuff. Boring. Mainly, because I knew it was just a bunch of horse marlakey Celestia was making up to calm the populous. On the upside though, the looks on Twi and her friends faces when Celestia mentioned I was her sister were priceless. So in all, it was a wonderful re-introduction if I do say so myself.

'You just did say so yourself though?'

'Ah, ha! You're back bitch! Tell me your secrets of you ever wish to see the mindscape again!!'

'Seriously.'

'Yep, now I need a light, gum, tin foil, a mariachi band, and nuclear launch codes'

'What are you even- no, never mind I don't even want to know'

Before I could extract anymore dialogue with the unkown voice, Tia quickly ushered me and Luna to the chariots, that were somehow right outside Ponyville (How did they? Story logic, don't question it) and we took off straight towards Canterlot.

Two words to describe the place.

Pony. Apocalypse.

Actually, I think that's one word, like pony-apocalypse, get to the point. Fine, lets just think of it as Ponyville reaction 2.0.

Seriously, it took a least three whole freaking hours to calm the citizens down (I fully believe that was your fault/ hush child.) the castle servants as well are terrified of me, and the guards attacked me. Bad move, and I figured out how to street fight.

I'm comin for ya Johnnny.

Back to reality though, I also got to meet Shining Armor, and we had an awesome Harry Potter spell battle, until Tia and Luna intervened. Then Tia explained everything and and Shiny took it begrudgingly, at least until they weren't watching. The minute their heads were turned, he sent me a "I'm watching you" glare, and I just snorted and gave him a "whatever" eye roll and then continued on my way.

.... And totally didn't meet anyone else.

...What?

Ok. Fine. I may have also met a certain pink alicorn as well.

Who goes by the name of Mi amor Cadenzea.

Yeah, I met fucking Cadence alright. You jelly?

To be honest though, she is pretty nice. After she stopped cowering in fear, and Celestia finally got off her fat flank and introduced us, but yeah, she's nice.

"So. Um, your my other Auntie..?" She squeaked as Celestia introduced us.

'Ok, I'll admit her timidness is so freaking adorable, definitely can see her with Shining Armor' I though with glee. I heard Luna give a dry cough and I realized I hadn't replied. 'Quick, brain think of something nice to say'

"Greetings, niece." I said as I towered over her, and Cadence squirmed under my gaze.

'Wow, that totally comforted her, idiot'

'I'm going to give you five seconds to correct that sentence, before I find you, and give you a royal beat down'

'....sorry'

The voice was right though, she still was pretty, well, terrified of me. Now how was I going to change that? Hugs? Nah, Nightmare hugs are for immediate family only. Gifts? No. Conversation? That's what I'm doing. Topics? Heck, if I know. I got it! Bribes.

'Seriously?'

'Nah, I'll just wing it' I thought, and I heard a face-hoof in the back of my mind, but I was a mare on a mission! Ain't no voice in my head going to tell me what to do! So, I extended my wing like an offering hand.

Cadence's eyes widened and I prepared my speech.

"...Dear niece, would you like to accompany us? If your not busy, I would like to know more about you."

Cadence blinked, once, twice, "uh, sure" she said.

'Babada! Babada! da! Cadence has joined the party'

'Is it to late to quit?'

'Oh hush, I'm not that bad' I silently retorted as Cadence finished the tour with me.

As we continued on our way, I lightly pryed and soon actually found out how she became a alicorn.

"You matched-up a broken couple?"

"Yeah, I told you it wasn't that important" she said with a shrug and her ears folded down.

Oh heck, naw! She is not going to be embarrassed off her frickin alicorn-hood. Flippin Twilight actually made the problem to get her ascension! And I'm pretty sure that it was just a ruse for merchandise!

I extended my wing and rested it on her back. She looked up.

"That's quite a tale, work on your storytelling and maybe it sound a bit more exciting" I said with a good-natured chuckle, and then I lowered my voice "Maybe then I'll tell you how Celestia and Luna got their Cutie Marks"

Luna and Tia's ears shot up. "Okay, that's enough of the tour! Nightie needs to see her room, goodbye Cadence" Tia quickly explained and then immediately teleported Cadence elsewhere. Then Luna shot me a dirty look. "You promised" she hissed and I chuckled, "don't worry I wasn't actually going to tell her" I said causally and they both let out a sigh of relief.

'Okay voice, how did Luna and Tia get their Cutie Marks?'

'Going behind their backs, I- actually am quite proud of you'

'Info first, touchy feely later' then I heard the sound of pages being turned in the back of my mind.

'Alright, here we are, it was a summer day in young Equestria.....

When I finally was in the privacy of my room, I burst out laughing with my internal voice.

Ok, so here's the tale summarized. So younger Luna and Celestia went into the Everfree, one found a certain Joke flower and gave it to moi. In which I was turned into Nightmare Woon for awhile. Then, they both rushed around the castle trying to find a cure and fufil my duties.

Let's just say they sucked at it.

Luna messed up the sleep schedule, while Tia caught the moon on fire.

Yes, I don't know how she did it either, but either way I had to fix it when Starswirl got me back to my original form. But, low and behold as I had Tia lift the sun for me so I could bring down the fiery moon, she got her butt mark, and Luna had to dream walk to get all the ponies back on schedule.

Eh, I could see how they could be embarrassed by it.

I then picked myself up and looked around my room. Dark purple lined the walls , and thick dark purple curtains covered the windows. Surprisingly the bed had dark blue bedsheets and a wooden intricate headboard with a battle carved into it, as it rested right above the bed. There was an oak desk in the corner with plenty of drawers and a full inkwell. On the far left side of the bed there was a fireplace, lined with gold that made it stick out like a sore thumb. 'Probably Tia's idea' I though as I quickly changed it to iron, "Much, better" I murmured and then continued on. There was a wardrobe, a weathered armor rack (that looked like it came from the original castle), an old looking chest, and a bathroom. I quickly went over to the chest and opened it, it was filled with mapping supplies, weathered graph paper, and moth-eaten star charts. "I could only guess what this was used for" I stated sarcastically and then went into the bathroom.

It was stark white, a huge contrast to my darker room, with a jacuzzi for a bathtub and a huge shower with dozens of mane products. I looked down at myself, a shower wouldn't be that bad. So I took off my armor and stepped right in.

It took me a few minutes to get it working, but it was totally worth it. I melted under the warm spray of the shower head, and I felt my eyelids get heavy, but I shook my head and watched the water turn grey with all moon dust that washed off me. I then quickly tried to scrub it all off, feeling quite filthy, and when I was finished I added some mane product that smelled like Jasmine to my mane and tail.

When I finished, I grabbed one of the fluffy white towels on the rack near me, dried myself off, grabbed my armor and headed for bed.

Today had been quite exhausting.