• Published 15th Sep 2016
  • 2,830 Views, 52 Comments

Warframe: Relic Hunters - UnknownEntity743



They used us, They destroyed our home, our family and friends, burned in the fires of war and greed. Now we are called apon again to bring peace and order all over again.

  • ...
7
 52
 2,830

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 Behind the Scenes

Warframe: Relic Hunters
Chapter 30
Behind The Scenes

*Location: Zarimen Ten Zero*

As Excalibur ran down the halls, many other kids followed, the sound of screams of an unholy beast echoed through the halls as some ran the opposite way, begging the others to turn away. But as the next broken door sparked open, its hinges damaged from something forcing it open, they saw what caused such an uproar.

Below the balconies, where most stood guard and watched, was 4 boys, mostly aged between 18-19, they all kept their distance as the creature continued to lash out at them, but kept its distance. Then Excalibur felt his body paralyze with fear as he stared down, muttering only one word.

“Sis…?” he asked as many looked at him with fear and remorse as he continued to watch in fear of what might happen

Her orange highlights in her hair were glowing, same with her eyes as tears kept falling from them, most likely from the berserk like state. But what kept most away was her 5 inch claws, they extended from her fingers like knives as she swung, keeping the rest at bay.

Valkyr, continued to hold herself back as her claws seemed to move without her control. Making her moves unpredictable, as some of the guys had scratches on their arms from trying to approach her. Excalibur just tightened his grip on the railing as he watched with guilt.

“God dammit! Why can’t I move!?” He thought in anger as his hands shook with fear. “Why? Why am I shaking!? For fuck sake, if I don’t move, she’s going to do a whole lot more that simple collateral damage!”

“SO, MOVE!!!” He screamed in his thoughts as he felt his grip finally stop shaking, sighing in relief, then his grip tightened again. “Lock and load,”

Then without warning, he threw himself over the railing and out in front of Valkyr as she turned to face him, much to her fear. And to the unwavering attention of many.

“No! don’t-don’t come closer! Please, I can’t…control these!” Valkyr screamed as she felt her energy drain even more, but it didn’t stop her

“Kid! Get away from it!” One of them above yelled as Excalibur just processed that, they others all agreeing as Excalibur felt his blood boil

“HOW ABOUT YOU ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I SEND YOU TO THE VOID MYSELF!!!” Excalibur roared as his own unique energy let out a pulse, making the room dead quiet

Excalibur then smiled at Valkyr as he slowly approached her. His arms to his sides as he slowly made his way towards her, each step he made carefully, knowing one wrong move could be his last.

“Please, stop!” Valkyr begged as she felt her claws pull her forward. “I don’t want to lose you too,”

“I promise, you won’t, besides, if I leave, who’s going to keep annoying you on a daily basis?” Excalibur asked with a calm look, this seemed to work as he claws shimmered slightly

“Now, come on, let’s just talk about this, ok? Tell me what happened?” Excalibur continued, his steps slow and steady

“I-I don’t know, I was only walking, when my body felt… ‘wrong’ and my hands felt warm, almost on fire, then I felt bad memories pop into my head, I HATED IT!!!” Valkyr screamed near the end as her claws nearly lashed out, but Excalibur stopped dead in his tracks

“Ok-ok, it’s fine, it happened to me too, it felt wrong and sickening, is that when your powers surfaced?” Excalibur asked as he continued to walk as Valkyr nodded, shaking her tears away

“I didn’t mean to hurt anyone, I just… I couldn’t control it, I felt like I was a puppet… or something,” Valkyr responded, her claws twitching as Excalibur moved closer, then they lashed out. “NO!!!”

Most gasped as they saw the strands of hair fall to the floor, Excalibur had moved his head back in a near millisecond, as many sighed in relief. Excalibur however took this moment to grab Valkyr, then he pulled her into a hug.

*SHINK-SHINK*

As Excalibur grabbed Valkyr, he felt his back flare with pain, as the claws grabbed his back, cutting through his shirt.

“No! let go, please let go!” Valkyr begged as Excalibur shook his head and held her tighter

“Not happening, I’m the eldest, so I’m going to protect you, even if I have to get an early tattoo,” Excalibur joked as he hissed in pain. “Come on now, just breath…breath…and control it,”

“But I-“ Valkyr began as Excalibur just held her tight, that and the pain was beginning it hurt, a lot.

As Valkyr focused, she felt the energy still pulling towards her claws, this got her thinking, if she could feel the energy, maybe she could control it, like breathing, except one keeps you alive and the other makes claws of pure energy.

So, she slowly inhaled and exhaled as she felt the power beginning to course through her body as the claws slowly flickered and shortened. This got her to focus as Excalibur felt the burning claws vanish from his back, much to his satisfaction.

Just as the claws vanished, Valkyr looked up at Excalibur who smiled weakly at her, then the crowd burst into cheers at Excalibur’s rather questionable actions. Excalibur then saw that Valkyr’s face was completely red, making him laugh.

“What? Can’t handle the glory?” He joked as she shook her head and buried her face in his shirt. “Hey? Valkyr?”

He then saw that her had fallen asleep in his arms, most likely from the energy consumption.

“geez, just had to this to me, huh?” Excalibur said in defeat as he slowly sat down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Present day*

Excalibur looked at the now happy faces as he felt his face redden with embarrassment, even Valkyr was red as Rhino cleared his throat.

“Now I remember! That was you, and here to think, I watched you jump down in front of me! Ha!” Rhino laughed as Excalibur rolled his eyes

“What are these ‘powers’ that keep surfacing? Is it something to do with your exposure to the interdimensional travel? Or was it like a case or radiation exposure?” Twilight asked as Dash called out

“Nerrrrrd!!!” This earned her a glare as Excalibur thought about it

“It’s most likely exposure, the Void is a mysterious place, not even I know what it is, other than being a collection of energy, maybe from the big bang, or a tear in time-space, I honestly don’t know,” Excalibur explained as Twilight wrote it down

“But, before we continue, this next memory is going to tell ‘all’ of you, just how we ended up in that mess,” Excalibur said with a glare, feeling his blood boil. “Play it,”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Medical bay*

“Ow…” Excalibur moaned as the girl applied more stiches to his back, much to his fear of needles

“Oh, quit your whining! You’re lucky it was only a small incision, otherwise, you’d be dead,” She warned as Excalibur gulped

“Noted,” Excalibur responded as the door opened again, this time he saw EP walk in, along with a unique boy, but once again his concetration broke. "Ow."

Unlike most, he gave himself a name, instead of the one that replaced our old one, Stalker. Which fitted perfectly, his hair was black and red, mostly messy, his eyes were a deep crimson, his attire was all black with very little red on it.

Every kid fear him, as he was very unsociable, but only 4 he allowed to talk to him, the first was Ivara, if it wasn’t surprising, Then EP, Valkyr and Excalibur. He was odd, but cool.

“So, you’re still alive, great,” Stalker spoke as Excalibur felt his heart stop in heartbreak

“You do care!” Excalibur called out in sarcasm as he rolled his eyes with a smirk

“Just die already,” Stalker huffed as EP glanced at Valkyr, still fast asleep

“How is she?” EP asked as Excalibur smiled

“Fine, she just drained a lot of her energy, much like the others,” Excalibur explained as the girl finished stitching Excalibur’s back

“Right, now you’re going to need to keep those in for a few weeks, no strenuous activities until then, if so, I’ll send you to a morgue,” She warned as Excalibur rubbed the back of his head in fear

“As much as I would love to waste my time with you two, we have some… news,” Stalker added as Excalibur and EP looked at him. “Vauban found something, and it’s not good,”

“What is it?” Excalibur asked as Stalker looked at him with his cold expression

“I know how we got here,” Stalker answered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Woah-woah-woah, I thought you said you were using this Void to teleport? So it’s pointless!” Dash spoke out as Excalibur looked at her and shook his head

“Sure! We can use it as an instant-travel-system, but the Void is a place far beyond my own twisted genius! Even Black and grey platformer over there can’t crack it!” Vauban jumped in as he pointed at Limbo which he nodded

“To put it in your terms, it’s a load of horseshit,” Limbo abridged as the screen flickered to a new room, but then Skyler butted in

“And how come you’re ‘Friends’ with Stalker!?” She asked in shock, which then got everyone’s attention on Excalibur, Valkyr and Ivara

“Ivara wouldn’t leave him alone,” Excalibur answered as Ivara huffed

“I was just trying to get him to socialize!” Ivara fired back

“Even after he tried to kill you with a spork?” Valkyr giggled as Ivara pouted

“I still would have kicked his ass…” She mumbled as everyone laughed and then the screen played

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Central Control Hub*

Inside, many monitors and machines hummed as they gave off a warm atmosphere, Vauban was ahead, mostly wearing the jumpsuit we were all given, only his brown-slightly moist hair showing as he continued to type into the computer.

“So, what did you find, Vauban?” EP asked as he continued to look at the monitor and brought up a file

“After weeks of decoding and hacking, I finally got access to the main system storage, as it turns out, everything we thought we knew, was a lie,” Vauban explained as he clicked on a file called

*Project: Lucid Dream*

“I even ran through our travel coordinates, and found them tampered with, the communications were cut, and even some of the ventilation ports were shot!” Vauban growled as he scratched his head in frustration

“Turns out whoever made this project, intended on trapping us here!” Stalker spat as he displayed the coordinates. “They sent us to the most unstable region of the Void, we’re mutating because of someone’s sick experiment!”

This even made EP angry as he looked at the entry, then he sighed.

“Men!” He ordered as Excalibur, Stalker and Vauban looked at him. “This is between us, and the other leaders, no one is to know about this, if they did, panic and chaos could break out, is that understood?”

They all nodded as he did also and then sit down on a chair, resting his head in his palms. Stalker just looked at Excalibur as he left the room, and he followed.

Excalibur looked at the wall in front of him as he punched it with all his might, it hurt like hell, but he actually made a dent in the highly-reinforced metal, much to his surprise.

“Try a storage room, I heard the walls are soundproof,” Stalker spoke up as Excalibur gave him the bird. “So… all of this was a game… I don’t know about you, but I really want to kill somebody right now,”

“You and me both,” Excalibur groaned as he slammed his head on the wall in defeat. “Why were we chosen? Of all the other more brilliant people out there, why us?”

“I don’t know, but I have a feeling that someone is watching us, and not just the ‘I have spooks kind’, ive been finding cameras hidden in very strange locations, places people wouldn’t normally set unless they were wanting to stay hidden,” Stalker explained as Excalibur looked at him

“I guess were not out of the woods yet, huh?” Excalibur asked as Stalker shook his head

“Not by a long shot,”

To Be Continued…

Their eyes watched us, as if we were a game, to which we had no control

Author's Note:

Here's one of the two chapters i promised, hope you enjoyed!

Next Chapter: Flesh Is The Flaw

PreviousChapters Next