• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 4,242 Views, 183 Comments

Borderlands 2 DLC: Vault of the Consular - NightStream



The Vault Hunters meet up with a Stranger saying he knows about a vault on another world, This is something they can't miss out on.

  • ...
9
 183
 4,242

Chapter 2: Unexpected encounters

The grinding of the train’s gears along the tracks was a bit unsettling at first for Gaige and Axton as they were sitting down. Granted, most of the times that they were on a train would result in two likely scenarios. A: the train would likely be a trap in which someone wanted to kill them or blow them up, or B; that train would be taking them to someplace filled with bandits and creeps that would have also wanted to kill them or blow them up. Of course, both vault hunters also had the pleasure to be the ones blowing up trains instead of being blown up. One such case was that of pulling off a train robbery with the help of Tiny Tina… and with their new surroundings… they were thinking about her A LOT.

“Well, this is a definite change of pace than what we’re used too.” Gaige sighed as she tried to get comfortable in her seat. “Hell, we’re going to someplace that’s actually safe rather than some place filled with Nomads and Marauders.”

“It definitely is, and well I won’t call it safe until I see it for myself.” He then mumbles out “I wonder if it is odd that I prefer to get shot at?”

“Well you were a DAHL commando for ten years and your ex-wife was basically your superior officer so… I would think that all that time in the military is getting to you.” Gaige chuckled, messing with Axton like the last time when they met Athena a couple of months back.

Axton smirked at that statement, humoring her for a moment. “Heh, you may be true about it getting to me, but it breaks up the monotony of just waiting for the next big thing to happen.”

“Wasn’t that how you got dismissed in the first place?” The Mechromancer asked, before realizing what she said. “Sorry, was that too soon?”

Axton waved her off “Nah, I put that all behind me now. But you aren’t wrong about it. Besides, I wracked a lot more cash as a merc than being a solider anyway.”

“Don’t forget about when you were with us, I can’t exactly count the amount of times that your turrets got us out of a tight spot.” When the Mechromancer said that, she was referring to the two boxes that Axton always had on him just in case if they were to get outnumbered. As a Commando, Axton learned how to make a Sabre turret that could collapse into a portable size and also come out when he needed it. His time with Gaige and the rest of the vault hunters have helped him with adding new perks to those turrets, including having them be attached to walls or ceilings if there was something blocking his path.

All six of them had something called an action skill for when they needed an upper hand in combat. For Gaige, it was Deathtrap. For Axton, it was his Sabre Turrets. For Maya, she could phaselock any idiot that came too close to her and suspend them in midair. Making them susceptible to a shotgun round in the face. Zer0 can cloak himself when needed, Salvador can go into a rage and wield two firearms at once and lastly, Krieg would go into a rampage with his buzz axe like he was playing a game of golf with the skulls of the enemies he decapitated.

Back in the present though, Axton just nodded his head as he came up with a response to Gaige. “Yeah, but remember I said merc, not Vault Hunter. I don’t regret becoming a Vault Hunter anyway, It’s a hell of a lot more interesting than just waiting for the next bounty.”

“You’re right on that. Hell, the reason why I was on my way to Pandora in the first place was because of an… accident that lead to me being labeled a Criminal back on Eden-5. My home planet was nice and all, but I liked it better with you guys that’s for sure.” When Gaige said accident, she was referring to an incident where a bully at her school tried to rip off the designs of Deathtrap, win the science fair and then get in Gaige’s face about it. However, that lead to Deathtrap’s protections protocols activating and also blew up that same bully into a million pieces. Leading to her getting expelled from her school… and also arrested… Until her father helped her in her “escape” and gave her a one way ticket to Pandora.

Axton then looks back outside the train, “How long did Braeburn say this ride was going to be again, I mean the trains on Pandora are way faster than this one. Then again Pandora was more technologically advanced.”

“Who knows. My best guess is that since this train operates a lot like the ones in Lynchwood, I would think a couple hours. Hell, they still run on coal I believe.” Gaige responded to him and answered his question the best she could. “Hopefully we’ll be there soon. I would actually like to talk to somebody who can probably help us with our situation. Heck, they may know where Maya and the others are… hopefully.”

“Yeah, it would help if we did know where the others were.” Axton then lied down on the train seat, trying to stretch out a little and be comfortable. “Well all we can do now is wait and hope we can get answers we like or are helpful.”

The Mechromancer smirked after hearing that, thinking of something in her head. “At least Claptrap is not referring to us as his minions now… which makes me wonder… where do you think he is anyway? I mean, he was in the same room as us when we were talking to that stranger and-.” She stopped for a moment when she began to overhear some whispering nearby. Turning around, she saw three small curious fillies that were right next to her… and looking at her metal arm.

“Uh… Hi?” She said, causing all three of them to look at her like if a puppy was curious at to what you were doing.

“Uh… Ma’am… can we ask you something-?”

“Woah woah woah… Hold on… Did you just call me ma’am?” Gaige asked, causing all three of them to nod their heads. “How old do you even think I am?”

“Uh… just as old as my sister so… maybe twenty… three?” One of the fillies, a white unicorn that a strange colored mane that reminded Gaige of ice cream for some odd reason, responded. “Of course, she always uses those odd beauty products to make herself look younger…”

“ … Axton, can you help these three?” The Mechromancer asked, causing him to look at the three fillies on right next to Gaige before looking back at her.

Axton then chuckled at this “Nope, all yours.” Gaige groaned a little as she looked at them before sighing to herself.

“Okay… for your information kids, I’m not twenty three. I’m actually fifteen.” She said, before one of the other ponies, who was an earth pony with a bow in her mane, spoke up.

“Then why do you have a metal foreleg? I always thought that ponies like my granny would need something like a walker to help them.” She said, causing Gaige to try and put every ounce of self control she had into controlling herself and not wanting to strangle the filly for referring to her as old.

“…Can I ask who you three are and why are you asking about my arm?” Gaige asked.

“Well, I’m Applebloom and these two are my friends Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Together, we’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders!!” The last part of the sentence was said in unison, causing Gaige to look at Axton and begin regretting asking for their names in the first place. “Also, we were asking because we were just curious and since the ride home from our class field trip is super boring, we thought we would trot around a little.”

“Yeah, we spent all day at the Manehattan science fair and I felt like I was going to fall asleep.” Scootaloo replied… But this gave Gaige… an idea… one that when Axton looked at her, he thought that she was planning something.

“So… you want to know why I have a metal arm?” She asked, grinning a little as she looked back at them. “Well, I’m not sure if I should say this because it might be a bit… messy but… I can tell you… as long as you don’t freak out about it.”

“We won’t!” They all said in unison, causing Axton to look back at Gaige for a minute.

“You sure about this Gaige?”

“What? It’s not like I’m going to give them nightmares. All I was gonna say was that I cut it off for a science project so I can make Deathtrap-.” When she said that, she soon turned towards the fillies and then sighed. “Well… cats out of the bag now.”

The response… from Scootaloo no less… caught Gaige by surprise. “That… sounds… AWESOME!!! Well, not as awesome as Rainbow Dash, but still… AWESOME!!”

“Well Gaige, how does it feel to be a role model now?” Axton smirked as he looks at Gaige. All that caused her to do was cause Gaige to growl a little. Just as one of the other crusaders spoke up.

“Wait a minute… you cut off your foreleg… for a science project?” Sweetie Belle asked, causing Gaige to nod her head as the filly raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Well, my kind of science involves building robots. Not those kind of robots used to clean carpets or be a full on made, but death machines.” Gaige replied as she looked back at the filly. “It’s a lot to explain, but sadly, I can’t bring out Deathtrap now since it’s too small of a space for him to move around, but don’t worry, he won’t harm you guys.”

Sweetie Belle now looked back at Scootaloo and her friend Applebloom as she said something to them. “Okay, I have to admit… That’s kind of cool. Still, who’s the stallion next to you? Is he your dad?”

Axton whipped his head in Sweetie Belle's direction and shot her a look. “No I am not her father.”

“We’re just… friends.” Gaige replied, trying to simplify it a little for them.

“Where are you two coming from?” Applebloom then asked, now taking a chance to speak up and ask a question this time.

“Well we were coming from Appleloosa after meeting someone named Braeburn-.”

“You met my cousin, Braeburn?” Applebloom asked, surprising both Vault Hunters in the process.

Axton then raises an eyebrow “Well that’s interesting to learn, anyway now we are heading toward Ponyville to meet up with Applejack.”

“Why do you need to meet my sister?” Applebloom then said again, surprising Axton and Gaige for the second time today.

“Well it is so she can help us meet with one called Twilight-.”

“Hold on Axton,” Gaige cut him off. “Applebloom, how do you know both Braeburn and Applejack.”

“Why they’re family of course! The Apple Family’s got family members all across Equestria, silly!” She replied as both Gaige and Axton looked at one another. “Where are you two from? Another Planet?”

“Well-.”

Attention Passengers, we are now approaching Ponyville Station. I repeat, we are now approaching Ponyville station. Thank you for riding the Friendship Express and have a wonderful day!

Shortly after the announcement came on, all three of the fillies soon realized that they almost forgot something. “Oh crabapples! We still need to get our saddlebags!! Nice talking to you Gaige! You too, Mister!” Scootaloo yelled as all three fillies raced back to one of the other cars as the train began to slow down to a complete stop.

“Seriously Axton? Were you actually going to tell them that we were from another planet? I don’t think our plan was to make everyone in this town think we’re crazy.” She told him as the Mechromancer stood back up and began to walk for the nearest train exit.

“At first I was, but then I was going to say we don’t know the Apple family. Now let's go and find Applejack.”

“Something tells me that if Applebloom was coming back from a field trap, then her sister may be waiting for her outside the station. Braeburn said she was wearing a hat right? Like an old western one?” She then asked as both of them trotted off of the train.

“It would be right to think so.” Axton said, not watching where he was walking as he fell down and landed face first on the ground, causing Gaige to laugh. He was going to ask for help, until he looked up to see an light orange mare with a stetson hat.

“Need some help there, fella?” He heard the mare say to him as she offered him a hoof to help him up.

“Uh yeah… thanks.” Axton said as he accepted the help, letting the mare pull him up to his feet.

“Well… Never seen ya around here before. What’s your name, sugarcube?” She asked, only causing Gaige to try and contain her laughter because of the way she said the last statement… and the one person that Axton and Gaige knew, who called them “sugar” all the time back on Pandora.

“Well my name is Axton, and please don’t call me “sugarcube”.”

“What’s wrong with Sugarcube?” Applejack asked, tilting her head and noticing something. “Can you hang on for just a second? My sister and her friends just got off the train-.”

“Applejack!” Axton turned around, only to see the little filly he saw earlier hug the older mare as her friends came up beside her. “You are not going to believe who we met on the train-!” Before she can say anything else, the filly soon noticed Axton standing there. “Oh hey there, mister…”

“Applebloom, be nice.” Applejack told her younger sister. “This stallion’s name is Axton.”

“Hi there mister Saxton!”

Axton’s eye soon twitches at the butchering of his name. “It’s Axton.”

“Isn’t that what ah just said?” The filly asked.

Axton opened his mouth to say something then just sighed and shook his head. “Nevermind.” Soon though, her friends joined up with her just as Gaige trotted up next to Axton.

“Getting to know the locals Axton?” Gaige chuckled as Applejack turned to notice her… and her metal arm.

“What the hay?” Applejack questioned as she looked at who was next to the Commando. “Axton, do you know her?”

“Yeah, this is my… Friend Gaige.” He replied, looking back at her before looking back at Applejack.

“And how did your friend get that… metal foreleg of hers?” She then asked. Axton was going to respond… but Scootaloo beat him to it.

“She cut off her original foreleg for a science project involving big robots!!”

Axton then looked at Scootaloo, then back to Applejack. “Basically what she said.” But that did little to try and help Applejack understand as her eyes twitched a little. Leading to her response as she looked back at Axton.

“Are you sure that she’s your friend, Axton?” She then asked, a little bit concerned based on what both he and Scootaloo had told her already. Because to her, Gaige sounded a lot more like a safety risk than a friend.

“Yeah I’m sure. Besides, that is just putting it lightly, about her… foreleg I mean.” The Commando replied to her, having Applejack sigh a little bit before he continued to speak. “Anyway, can you take me and Gaige here to... Twilight Sparkle.” He says to Applejack before they have to spend the next few minutes talking about Gaige’s metal arm.

“You need to see Twilight? Now why would-?” Applejack was going to ask them why, but then Gaige decided to cut in and help explain everything to her.

“Well, we were originally lost in the middle of the freaking desert and a stallion in Appleloosa named Braeburn told us that you knew someone who can help us. It was sort of a way to thank us for dealing with those stupid bandits that had been bothering the town earlier so yeah…” the Mechromancer tried to summarize it for the farm pony, but she could tell that Applejack was still confused. “Trust me, we’ll explain it better once we go meet her. I promise.”

The earth pony sighed, tilting her hat a little as she looked at the two of them. “Well, from the looks of it, both of you are telling the truth… and since you did help mah cousin, the least ah can do is lead you over to the castle.” Both Axton and Gaige looked at each other once she said that… which lead to them saying the same thing… simultaneously.

“Castle?”

“Yeah, it’s not far. Follow me,” Applejack told them as the two of them followed the earth pony into the center of town with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Soon though, both Vault Hunters could see the ‘castle’ that Applejack was talking about… which surprised them at first.

“Um… are you sure that is a castle? It looks more like a giant freaking big tree to me.” Axton says about the “castle” in front of them. Which led to him getting elbowed by Gaige a few seconds later. Axton suppressed a yelp as he was hit by her metal arm.

“I think both you and I know from experience Axton that looks can be deceiving… Do I need to remind you about the BNK-3R?” Gaige asked him while they were trotting towards the… tree.

“Oh yeah, that was a trip for sure.” He groaned, flashing back to when both of them were with the other Vault Hunters along with Brick, the Slab King, as they lead an assault on Control Core Angel. Which was a heavily guarded Hyperion facility overlooking the plateau of Thousand Cuts. They were originally looking for a place that was a bunker. But it turned out that this “bunker” wasn’t a place, but a giant flying ship with a huge ass laser gun and enough weapons to obliterate any threat that approaches it.

“What the hay are you two talking about?” Applejack asked, overhearing a small bit of their conversation.

“Something that you don’t need to know about.” Axton told her as they near the entrance of the tree. Surprising enough, when they saw Applejack knock on the door… they were surprised at who answered the door.

“Hey Applejack, how are you-?” Gaige and Axton now saw a small tiny dragon holding the door open as he looked at them. “Uh… who are these ponies?”

“Spike, these two are Axton and Gaige. They wanted to be able to speak with Twilight. Can we come in?”

“Sure, just give me a moment.” He replied, holding the door open as he looked back at the group… before seeing Gaige’s left arm. “Hey, why does she have a metal claw?”

Though Gaige liked having it be called a “claw” instead of a foreleg, she sighed and tried to answer his question quickly and simply. “You’ll find out soon.” She said, messing around with the young dragonling and leaving him in suspense. Soon, when they came to the center of the tree, the group saw two ponies. One that was a Unicorn with a light pink fur coat along with a purple mane and tail with a cyan stripe down the middle and the other one that turned out to have both a horn… and wings. Lavender fur, purple mane and tail with a stripe of pink along the middle.

“Hello Applejack,” The one with wings greeted her friend… before turning to see Axton and Gaige. “Uhh… who are your friends?”

“Names Axton, and this one here is Gaige. We were told that you could help us with a problem we are having.”

“Sup?” Gaige said, waving for a moment as Twilight noticed her metal arm.

“Well, my name is Twilight Sparkle. This here is Starlight Glimmer… and can I ask you a couple of questions?” She asked the two of them, looking at some of the pieces of gear that were around their waist and also seeing their ECHO devices. “First… what are some of the contraptions that you have right there? I haven’t seen anything like it before.”

“Well this is our equipment.” Axton starts off. “This,” pointing to his shield “Is a shield, it basically acts how you would think it would, however mine is a little different. Mine is called the Sham, which lets it absorb projectiles that are coming my way.”

“Really? I thought a shield would look… bigger,” Twilight replied back before saying something to add onto that. “Besides, if you are a member of the royal guard, where’s your armor? Your spear? Your proof of transfer orders from Princess Celestia herself-.”

“Twilight, you’re overthinking again.” Starlight sighed, having her friend stop rambling and refocus a little.

“Oh sorry about that. I didn’t mean to interrupt, Mister Axton.” The princess apologized.

Axton looked at Gaige with a raised eyebrow before continuing to explain. “Anyway, next is a class mod” He then points to the mod on his shoulder “It powers up some skills I have to make me more of a Badass than I already am.”

“Uh… O… kay.” Twilight replied back, pulling out a notepad as she began to write some things down.

“What is she doing?” Gaige asked as she looked at Starlight, who sighed deeply before looking back at the two Vault Hunters.

“Twilight processes information better if she takes notes on it,” The unicorn explained, looking back at Gaige. “While she’s writing that down, maybe you could help me with answering some questions that are on my mind now.”

“Sure, fire away.” Gaige replied, chuckling a little at the small joke she made.

“Well first… I believe this question is on everypony’s mind but what exactly happened to your left foreleg?” That had Applejack hold her breath a little as she and some of the others looked back at her. The cutie mark crusaders were going to say something, but this time the Mechromancer made sure to beat them too it.

“I cut off my arm for a science project with a plasma saw-.” That caused the lavender pony that was writing things down a few seconds ago to drop her stuff on the table in shock… before shouting at her.

“ARE YOU BUCKING CRAZY!?!!” That… had ruffled Gaige’s mane and almost everypony else in the room… but Gaige still had something to say.

“God… damn you’re loud… Besides, I wasn’t even done talking. There was a reason for me doing that and it was so that way I can make the final touches on my greatest creation.” She replied. “Who wants to see it?”

“Uh…”

“WE DO!!!” All of the Cutie Mark Crusaders shouted at the same time, leading to Applejack facehoofing herself in the process. That had Gaige smirk a little as she looked around. There was plenty of space to bring out Deathtrap now, but to make sure that he didn’t necessarily hurt anypony, she had to modify it a little so she can call out a version that wouldn’t obliterate anything into a million pieces with an explosive clap.

“Alright. Everybody, let me introduce you to my friend… Deathtrap.” She said as the robot began to digitize into the room, leaving everypony… except for Axton… in a state of shock, surprise… and in the Cutie Mark Crusaders case… awe.

“That is AWESOME!!!” Applebloom said, “Applejack, can ah have one for Heart’s Warming! It can help me with mah chores!!”

“Absolutely not!!” Applejack shouted while everypony else looked a bit… intimidated.

“Don’t be shy. I turned off his combat protocols so no one can get hurt by him.” Gaige assured them as she looked back at them. “Which may also lead into the reason why Axton and I need your help in the first place Twilight… Should I tell her or you?”

“Well, lets see here. You see, we aren’t really familiar with the entire land of… Equestria.”

“I can see that… what are you two then?” Twilight asked, before overhearing Scootaloo interject.

“Ooh! Ooh! Are they Aliens?”

“Now that’s just ridiculous…” Spike sighed, rolling his eyes… before then asking Gaige. “Are you?”

“Well she’s not wrong… however, there’s more to this story than you think,” The Mechromancer told them while letting Deathtrap deconstruct into white pixels. “Grab a comfy chair, this may take a while.” With that, she let Axton continue speaking right from where he left off.

“You see, we came from a planet called Pandora. The planet is… what you may consider as the worst piece of real estate in the universe. But there’s a lot more too it than that,” He assured the group as the Commando looked at them. “There are areas on the planet that are, well safe havens would be the right term that let you kick back and relax from what Pandora has to offer. Let me say some of what you have to go through: Bullymongs, four armed yeti like creatures that will ruin your day. Psychos who will attack you just for looking at them weird. Skags which are dog like creatures who will rip your face off-” He pauses as he looks at the others. “A little too much or not enough?”

“You forgot to mention that the psycho’s say the weirdest of crap sometimes,” Gaige replied. “Other than that, you’re pretty spot on… Maybe you should mention what we are though on Pandora to be safe.”

“Yeah, yeah I was getting to that. Anyway, what Gaige and I are, are Vault Hunters. Kinda like treasure hunters, except we go after places that hold ancient treasure and loot. We are, well something akin to I guess heroes would the right word to some people. I prefer to be called a Badass myself. Anyway back to Pandora, there are thousands of enemies we fight which also include fighting Loaders, or giant robots, sometimes midget robots. There are also places to get weapons, which are simply called vendors, to help protect one’s self from the dangers of Pandora. One more thing to note is that Pandora is also more technologically advanced than here, hence why my shield is like it is.”

“Well, that answers… some things…” Twilight replied as she looked at Gaige and Axton. “But how exactly did you get to Equestria in the first place?”

“That… we are unsure about.” Gaige answered honestly. “Axton and I were with our fellow Vault Hunters talking to some stranger who knew about the location of a vault. Next thing we knew, Axton and I woke up in the desert not far from Appleloosa. I checked my ECHO, but there isn’t any form of… what the?” The Mechromancer paused for a moment to look up at Axton.

“What up, Gaige, got a call from one of the others or is it something else?”

“No… it’s not that at all. There's an unidentified ECHO user that I can actually connect to.” She replied back. “Give me a second to figure this out.” She replied, confusing the ponies listening.

“What’s this… ECHO you’re talking about?” Twilight then asked Axton, trying to figure out what Gaige was talking about.

“An ECHO is a communication device that lets us speak with another who has an ECHO. It also acts as a map of the area we are in and can highlight specific areas we need to go to on the map as well. It can act as an inventory for any items we pick up, like shields and class mods along with upgrade and enhance some skills that we would use in combat.” Axton explained to Twilight, as Gaige was figuring out who the ECHO user was.

However, both vault hunters were only able to recognize who it was… after hearing who was on the other end of the line. “WHO THE F**K THINKS IT’S A GOOD IDEA TO TRY AND CALL ME WHILE I’M SUPLEXING A SHARK WEARING A BOLO TIE!?!!”

That… left the room silent. The only one who said anything after that though was Spike. “Uh… who was that?”

“That sounded similar to Iron Will… just not actually Iron Will,” Twilight said, looking at Axton. “He’s a Minotaur that’s a motivational coach from time to time.”

“I see, well the one whom you just heard is a… friend would be a decent term, Mr. Torgue is his name.” Axton told Twilight in amusement.

“WAIT A MINUTE!!! I RECOGNIZE THAT CALLER ID!! IT’S THE VAULT HUNTERS THAT ARE THE NUMBER ONE BADASSES ON PANDORA!!! THIS CALLS FOR AN EPIC INTRODUCTION WITH… wait for it… EXPLOSIONS!!!!” They heard him speak over the other end of the line with explosions in the background. “NOW THAT THAT’S OUT OF THE WAY, HOW ARE MY FAVORITE BADASSES DOING!?!”

“Uh… Great. We’re doing just fine…” Gaige replied as she then heard Applebloom speak up from her right hand side.

“What’s a badass?” That… caused some different reactions. Including one from Mr. Torgue.

“WHO SAID THAT? HANG ON A SECOND, LET ME TURN ON THE CAMERA FEATURE ON THE ECHO SO WE CAN TALK FACE TO FACE!! FACETIME, MOTHERF**KERS!!!” Gaige looked at Axton, who was giving her the look of ‘End that call NOW!’ and wanted to hang up, until the camera device of her Echo turned on and she was looking at Mr. Torgue. “HOLY F**KING S**T ON A F**KING POGO STICK!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!?!”

“That… is a long story… it also happened to Axton too,” Gaige smirked as she turned the device around to where the camera was facing the commando. “Say hi, Axton!”

Axton just glares at Gaige “Hey there Torgue, how's it going?” he said through gritted teeth.

“I’M DOING JUST FINE! THANKS FOR ASKING!! YOUR KINDNESS IN ASKING HOW I AM DOING IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!” He roared back as while Gaige turned it back around to where it was facing her. “SO CAN YOU GIVE ME A SHORT RECAP ON WHAT IS GOING ON? THAT WAY I’M ON THE SAME PAGE AS YOU TWO!!!”

“Well, to keep it brief, someone in Sanctuary knew where a vault was, all of us were there and the next thing you know, Axton and I end up in the Desert on another planet and turned into… well this.”

“OH I SEE… SO THAT’S HOW IT HAPPENED-!!”

“Uh… why does he always shout?” One of the fillies then asked, causing Torgue to look around in confusion.

“WHO SAID THAT? THIS IS HOW I NORMALLY TALK, NOW WHO SAID THAT-!” To simplify things, Gaige turned the device around, having him see the Cutie Mark Crusaders in person. But his reaction. “OH MY GOD… THOSE THREE ARE SO F**KING ADORABLE!!! THEY’RE LIKE AN EXPLOSION OF ADORABLENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Around then, everypony had mixed reactions to Mr. Torgue’s loud outburst. Some thought it was a compliment while others thought it was a massive headache. Axton though, had a question for the founder of the Torgue Coporation. “Um hey Torgue, how exactly are we talking to you anyway?”

“HMM… EXCELLENT QUESTION!!! MAYBE IT HAS TO DEAL WITH THE TORGUE SATELLITE THAT’S ORBITING AROUND THE PLANET THAT YOU GUYS ARE ON! WE LAUNCHED ONE UP SEVERAL MONTH’S AGO BECAUSE IT WAS PROPELLED BY EXPLODING ROCKETS!!! SINCE THAT SENDS ECHO FREQUENCIES TO OUR TEAM HERE TO FIND NEW CUSTOMERS, MAYBE IT’S WHY IT’S PICKING UP YOU TWO AND THE TWO THAT ARE OUTSIDE THE DOOR OF WHEREVER THE F**K YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT NOW!!!” For a moment, Gaige thought that anything after hearing him mention the satellite was self explanatory… but then she realized something.

“Wait… two outside the door?”

“Hey Twilight! Fluttershy and I met two new mysterious and super duper awesome friends today!!” All of them turned to see the doors open and four ponies walk in. Two stallions, two mares… and all of them recognized each other.

“Hi there, girls-.”

“Zer0!! Salvador!!”

“PLOT TWIST!!!!!”