• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 1,401 Views, 29 Comments

(Almost) The Next Generation - Sapphire Rose 12



How did it all happen? How did some of the Mane 6 find their spouses? How did the Cutie Mark Crusaders stay so close after these long 10 years? How did they... expose Rarity is being cheated on by her special somepony, Glowing Gem?

  • ...
7
 29
 1,401

Chapter 6: Signs of Betrayal

Apple Bloom met her friends in the hall. They looked ready to perform.

"Are we ready to go on?" Apple Bloom asked them.

"I certainly am!" Scootaloo replied.

"Oh, I need to grab my lucky bracelet from my dressing room!" Sweetie Belle remembered. "I'll be right out in a second!"

Sweetie Belle went down the hall to quickly grab her bracelet she always performed with. But then, she heard a girl's voice along with Glowing Gem's. And it wasn't Rarity's.

She peeked into the room and gasped shocked at the sight. The mare and Glowing Gem were closer than friends by the way they were getting close to each other.

"But, what if she finds out we're doing this?" the mare asked.

"Shh, it's okay, Garnet Flare," Glowing Gem replied. "Rarity will never know what we're doing. All the love I pretend to give her is pity that no one will ever love her."

Sweetie Belle had heard enough. She was enraged! She stalked back down the hall with anger in her eyes.

"No one does this to my sister, especially not on her birthday!!" Sweetie Belle yelled.

Sweetie Belle met her friends just down the hall. "Girls! It's terrible!" she exclaimed, frantically.

"What's wrong?" Scootaloo asked, worriedly.

"Glowing Gem is cheating on Rarity!!" Sweetie Belle hollered.

"What?!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, in disbelief.

"Look! Come on!" Sweetie Belle urged.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders rushed down the hall and once again peeked into the room where Garnet Flare and Glowing Gem were.

"Maybe, you're right," said Garnet Flare.

"Of course I am, my love," Glowing Gem said.

"I love the way you call me that," said Garnet Flare, touched.

"It's because you're my true love," Glowing Gem claimed. "My one and only."

They looked at each other.

"That's it! I'm going to tell her!" exclaimed Apple Bloom with fiery anger.

"But, Bloom!" Sweetie Belle protested. "It'd ruin her birthday!"

"But, we can't let her live like this!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"I got an idea!" Sweetie Belle claimed. "We'll find a way to tell her subtly."

"How?" Scootaloo asked, confused.

They thought for a bit. Then, it hit them. They knew they should just do what they always did!

"A song!" they exclaimed, simultaneously.

"But, what kind of song?" Scootaloo asked.

"Relax, girls," Apple Bloom assured. "I think I'm the one for the job."






They made their way onto the stage.

"Is everypony having fun?" Apple Bloom asked, into the mic.

The crowd cheered.

"Great party, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich!" Apple Bloom said. "Give them a round of applause."

The crowd cheered and stomped the ground, their way of clapping.

"Aw, thank you!" Pinkie Pie said.

"And happy birthday, Rarity!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

The crowd went wild, cheering loudly and stomping the ground hard.

"Why, thank you, everypony!" Rarity said.

"Now, who's ready for some music?" Apple Bloom asked.

The crowd went wild once more.

"Good," Apple Bloom said. "Now, we wrote this song to show you a pony may seem loving, amazing, and thoughtful on the outside but... on the inside... he'll sting your heart like a bee."

The crowd gradually got quiet and confused. That didn't sound like a song to dance to at a birthday party.

Apple Bloom began to sing, slipping in hints that the song she was singing was addressed to Rarity. It was about a guy who seemed nice and thoughtful, but was really a guy who would leave her heart in the dirt.

After she was finished, everypony looked at each other. Somepony in the crowd clapped slowly.

"Good song, but why was that at my party?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, Sweetie Belle, it's pointless. They're as blind as a cave salamander," Scootaloo said.

"Girls!" Applejack scolded. "Why would you be singing songs about heartbreak at Rarity's party?! I thought you were better than that!"

"AJ, please," Apple Bloom begged. "We just---"

"Girls, thank you," Pinkie Pie said. "But, I'll take over from here."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders reluctantly sulked off the stage.

Pinkie Pie began to sing an extended version of "Make A Wish" which she had sung at Rainbow's Sweet 16 when she had first met Cheese Sandwich.

"Unbelievable..." Sweetie Belle said.

"Come on, girls," Scootaloo said. "Let's go think of something else."





Fluttershy rushed back over to Discord.

"Hi, Discord!" Fluttershy said. "I'm sorry I forgot to come back after I was done!"

Fluttershy hugged him and he blushed.

"Thank you!" Fluttershy said. "I knew you'd understand!"

"Anytime," Discord said. He cleared his throat, nervously, working up the courage to ask her to dance. "Would you, uh...?"

"Would I what?"

"Oh never mind," Discord said, in despair. It turned into something, a mix between anger and sadness. "Of course, you wouldn't! No one would!"

"Discord---!" Fluttershy started.

But, Discord teleported away.

"What was he going to ask me...?" Fluttershy wondered.

But, she was left there, a little bit sad he had gone and confused.