• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 1,401 Views, 29 Comments

(Almost) The Next Generation - Sapphire Rose 12



How did it all happen? How did some of the Mane 6 find their spouses? How did the Cutie Mark Crusaders stay so close after these long 10 years? How did they... expose Rarity is being cheated on by her special somepony, Glowing Gem?

  • ...
7
 29
 1,401

Chapter 5: Rarity's Birthday Party

It was finally the day of Rarity's birthday party. Everything was set up beautifully in the Canterlot ballroom. There was snacks of all kinds and of course, Pinkie Pie's delicious punch recipes. Rarity hoped with all her heart that Gummy, Pinkie Pie's pet baby alligator, had not bathed in the punch this time. There were flowing curtains and tables on the sides with white and blue tablecloths. The dancefloor was huge and a stage was in the front of the ballroom. This was where the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be singing.

Fluttershy, with a gift, entered the ballroom in awe. She sat the gift down near the rest.

"Happy birthday, Rarity!" Fluttershy said. "I can't believe your party is finally today!"

"Fluttershy, darling!" Rarity exclaimed. "I'm so glad you made it!"

"I'd never miss one of my best friend's birthday parties!" Fluttershy said.

Fluttershy went to sit down at one of the tables. At this moment, Discord had entered the room.

"Rarity, I hope you don't mind if I join," Discord said.

"Oh, DIscord, you're my friend too," Rarity said. "Come have some fun!"

Discord walked in and looked around at the beautiful setting. Pinkie Pie came up to Discord, spotting him at the snack table.

"Hiya, Discord!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "Welcome to the party!"

"My, my, Pinkie," Discord said. "I must say I love what you and your special somepony have done with the place. It looks... Rarity-ish!"

"Thank you so much!" Pinkie Pie squealed.

Pinkie Pie hugged Discord. "We missed you! You've only been seeing Fluttershy lately!"

"Well, yes," Discord said.

"Now, I can tell you about my new stuff for my party cannon!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "I took your suggestion and I put flying oranges in it!"

Discord was taken by surprise. "Now, where in Celestia's name did you find them without me?"

Pinkie Pie began to explain, but Discord turned to catch sight of a familiar mare. Or at least she had been familiar because Discord had never seen Fluttershy like this before. She was beautiful! She was dressed in the first ever Gala dress she wore with a butterfly clip in her mane. Discord's heart began to pound as he felt something new inside. What kind of chaotic feeling is this?, Discord thought to himself.

"And that's how I got the flying oranges!" Pinkie Pie finished. Discord was jarred back into reality.

"Cool!" Discord said. "I did not hear a single word she just said," he said quietly to himself.

"Anyway, gotta go!" Pinkie Pie said. "Catch ya later, D to the iscord!"

Pinkie Pie skipped off, merrily. Discord turned back to Fluttershy. Fluttershy wasn't with anyone. She sat by herself. Discord slowly approached the table and sat down, clearing his throat nervously.

"Discord!" Fluttershy exclaimed, delighted. "You made it!"

Discord blushed and cleared his throat again.

It's so much harder to speak to her now, Discord thought to himself. I've never seen her this way until now. She's... beautiful...

"I'm so happy to see you!" Fluttershy said. "How are you?"

"Beautiful... I MEAN good..." Discord corrected himself.

"Me too!" Fluttershy agreed. "Anyway," she giggled excitedly. "How has it been going with Zecora's rhymes?"

He wanted to make Fluttershy laugh, but he forgot how he used to do it. Did he ask if she improvised or did he ask if she rehearsed every morning? He forgot everything.

"They're... rhyme-y and... riddle-y. And confusing-y," Discord said.

Fluttershy laughed. "See? You're still so funny!"

Discord laughed nervously along. "I try to be."

"And you succeed!" Fluttershy complimented.

Maybe, she'll be impressed if I compliment her, Discord thought.

"Are you okay, Discord?" Fluttershy asked.

"I like your... mane," Discord said. "I mean your dress. No! Your shoes! Your... eyes? Your... coat...?"

Discord slapped his forehead and growled.

"Wow, thank you!" Fluttershy said. "That makes me feel like I'm beautiful everywhere!"

"You are beautiful everywhere, Fluttershy," Discord said.

"Aww! And you've become handsome everywhere!" Fluttershy complimented.

"Thank you," Discord replied.

"I've gotta go ask Pinkie Pie about the gift arrangement," Fluttershy claimed. "Goodbye!"

"Bye, love you!" Discord said.

"What...?" Fluttershy asked, confused.

"Oh! Um..." Discord blushed, furiously. "I meant... cuv chu!"

"Bless you," Fluttershy said.

"No, it means 'goodbye' in chaos language," Discord lied.

"Oh! Well, cuv chu, Discord!" Fluttershy giggled.

Fluttershy went over to sit by Pinkie Pie who was sitting down by Rainbow Dash.

"Ugh... there is no chaos language," Discord said, embarrassed. He put his head in his paw and claw.





Applejack was sitting by her little sister, Apple Bloom at a table. Apple Bloom would have to go onstage soon, so Applejack was slipping time in to chat with her.

"So, what songs do you and your friends have in store tonight for Rarity?" Applejack asked.

"Sweetie Belle wrote a pop remix of "Happy Birthday", I wrote a country slow song I call "I Hope You Dance", and Scootaloo wrote a rock song called "Whispers In The Dark" Apple Bloom said.

"Oh, you girls always have the best songs in store!" Applejack exclaimed. "You're so grown up!"

Applejack's eyes began to water.

Apple Bloom giggled. "AJ, don't cry."

"I remember when you were just a little filly," Applejack said, trying to restrain happy tears.

"Those days are a little cloudy in my memory," Apple Bloom said to Applejack's surprise. "I just remember our first Sisterhooves Social and maybe just one or two Cutie Mark Crusaders expeditions."

"When you got your cutie mark?" Applejack asked.

"We'll never forget that day!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

The two sisters giggled together. It felt nice to spend time together ever since they went different ways. Applejack decided to stay on the farm and help Granny Smith because of how old she was getting. Granny Smith seemed to be worse than ever, always lying in bed and having trouble with simple activities. Apple Bloom went on tour with her friends and became famous. The two sisters barely saw each other and now they realized how much they missed each other. They wished it could be like this all the time.

They were so deep in conversation, they didn't notice the stallion that had came up to them. "Excuse me, miss?" he said.

He had a southern accent just like them and wore a vest. He had a red coat and a yellow mane. His kind yellow eyes made Apple Bloom smile, knowing he was only trying to ask a simple question.

Applejack hadn't looked his way yet. "What can I do for..." She caught sight of the stallion and gaped. "You?"

"Is this seat taken?" the stallion asked. "I'm afraid the rest of the tables are full."

Applejack shook her head, slowly, staring in awe at the stallion.

"No, it's not taken!" Apple Bloom said. "Have a seat!"

The stallion looked at Apple Bloom. "Well, I'll be darned!" he said. "Apple Bloom! I'm a huge fan! You're my favorite band member, singing all my favorite country songs."

"Aw, thank you for your kind words!" Apple Bloom said.

The stallion turned and saw Applejack. "Oh, who's this?" he asked.

"That's my big sister. She's... usually more talkative when meeting ponies."

"What's your name?" the stallion asked.

"Uh... jappleack," Applejack said. "I mean! Applejack, heh."

"Applejack..." he said. "That's a beautiful name. I'm Apple Buck."

Apple Buck and Applejack shook hooves.

"Nice to meet ya, Apple Buck," Applejack said with a blush. "Love the name, by the way."

"Thank you," Apple Buck said. "Do you work on an apple farm?"

"I most certainly do!" Applejack exclaimed excitedly. "Why? Do you?"

"Yeah, it's so fun!" Apple Buck exclaimed. "And worth it, too. Apple pie, Apple cobbler, Apple brown betty, Apple bread..."

"And don't forget," Applejack added. "Apple fritters, caramel apples, apple cinnamon fries, apples by themselves..."

"Mmm, mmm!" they said, together. They laughed. Apple Bloom grinned.

"Oh, gotta go get some punch before it runs out," Apple Buck said. "Pinkie Pie does have the best. Be right back."

Apple Buck walked off. Applejack watched him and sighed, happily.

Apple Bloom grinned. "You like him, don't you, AJ?"

"What?!?! As a friend!" Applejack exclaimed, blushing.

"M-hmm," Apple Bloom said. "Not buying it."

"Don't you have somewhere to be?!" Applejack exclaimed, a little sharper than she meant.

"Oh, right! My band! I forgot!" Apple Bloom said.

Apple Bloom got up and started running to meet her friends. "Save him a slow dance!" she called back, giggling hysterically.

Applejack blushed, furiously. As soon as her sister was out of sight, she began to smile. "But, who am I to deny such an amazing stallion?" she said.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys are still enjoying the story! Yes, this is a prequel to my next story "The Next Generation". If you want to see what the next one is about, look on my blog!

What do you think will happen? Leave your thoughts in the comments! :pinkiesmile: