• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 1,401 Views, 29 Comments

(Almost) The Next Generation - Sapphire Rose 12



How did it all happen? How did some of the Mane 6 find their spouses? How did the Cutie Mark Crusaders stay so close after these long 10 years? How did they... expose Rarity is being cheated on by her special somepony, Glowing Gem?

  • ...
7
 29
 1,401

Chapter 4: Glowing Gem's Gift

Spike knocked on Rarity's door, tightly gripping a bouquet of various flowers. He was sure today was the day he'd tell Rarity his feelings for her.

Rarity opened the door and her eyes lit up, in delight. "Spike!" she exclaimed. "I was hoping you'd drop by today!"

Spike's heart fluttered. "Oh, really?" he said with a grin. "How come?"

"So I can tell you the exciting news!" Rarity squealed.

"Oh! What is it?" Spike asked.

A white unicorn stallion stepped out by the door. He looked very posh just like the ponies in Canterlot or Manehattan.

"Spike, I'd like you to meet Glowing Gem, my special somepony!" Rarity said.

Spike's heart sank. "Your... special somepony?" he choked, heartbroken.

"Yes!" Rarity exclaimed, with excitement. "I guess I got my birthday wish after all!"

"Hi, Spike," Glowing Gem said. "I'm Glowing Gem. Rarity's talked about you a lot."

"Yeah, nice to meet you," Spike said, upset. His voice cracked, as he fought really hard not to burst into heartbroken tears. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Are you okay?" Rarity asked, concerned.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" Spike said, with obviously forced cheer. "I'm happy for you! Really. I am! You finally found him! I knew you would!"

"Okay," Rarity said, unconvinced. "But, if you want to talk, I'm here for you."

Rarity closed the door.

Spike's face immediately fell.

"Wonderful," he said, tears filling his eyes. "Just wonderful. I would talk to you about it, Rarity, but you seem... busy."

Spike trudged away, heartbroken, tossing the bouquet of flowers in the trash.






The Cutie Mark Crusaders were at Sweet Apple Acres. They were practicing their latest songs they wrote for Rarity's birthday party.

"Rainbow Dash's wedding was awesome!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"Yeah, it was!" Sweetie Belle agreed. "And I can't believe Rarity's birthday is tomorrow!"

"And she finally found a special somepony, you say?" Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle squealed, excitedly. "His name is Glowing Gem. I like him a lot. He plays games with me and still likes fashion. He'd be a great brother in law."

"Sounds like he would be!" Apple Bloom said.

"Anyway," Scootaloo said. "We've got a birthday song to practice!"

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom said in unison.

"Alright, girls!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. "Hit it!"

They began to play "Happy Birthday", but as a pop remix. Sweetie Belle sang the lead vocals. The song sounded amazing! Once they were finished, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were proud of their work.

"We did amazing!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"I know," Scootaloo said. "I can't wait for Rarity's birthday! She'll get to dance with Glowing Gem and be so happy!"

"And we'll be singing in front of all our friends and family!" Apple Bloom added.

They all giggled, excitedly.






Rarity was with Glowing Gem just outside her house. She was taken by Glowing Gem's handsome looks and kind nature.

"Happy early birthday, my sweet Rarity," Glowing Gem said.

"Aw, you're so sweet! Thank you!" Rarity exclaimed, happily.

"Here is my gift for you, my love," Glowing Gem told her.

Glowing Gem gave Rarity a box. Rarity opened it and gasped in delight. It was a heart necklace. It was real ruby, too.

"Aw, I love it!" Rarity said. "Thank you!"

Rarity hugged Glowing Gem, tenderly.

"And part two," Glowing Gem said.

He gave her three pieces of stapled papers which looked like an essay. "It is what I wrote about the reasons I love you," he explained. "I spent all night writing it."

"It's perfect," Rarity said. "You are the best special somepony a girl could ever ask for."

"You are too, my Rarity," Glowing Gem replied.

Spike walked by, noticed them, and started to hurry away.

"Oh, Spike!" said Rarity, delighted.

"D'oh!" Spike exclaimed.

"Come sit with us!" Rarity invited.

"Actually, I have to do... stuff... for Twilight," Spike said with a nervous grin.

"Oh, we understand," Rarity said, kindly.

"Do have fun, ally of Rarity!" Glowing Gem said.

Spike was upset that Glowing Gem had addressed him in that annoying way. "You can call me Spike," he said, bitterly.

Spike stalked away in jealous anger. Rarity and Glowing Gem looked after him, confused.

Author's Note:

Sorry, this one was a little shorter than the others, but the next chapter will be longer. :pinkiesmile: