• Published 4th Sep 2016
  • 1,401 Views, 29 Comments

(Almost) The Next Generation - Sapphire Rose 12



How did it all happen? How did some of the Mane 6 find their spouses? How did the Cutie Mark Crusaders stay so close after these long 10 years? How did they... expose Rarity is being cheated on by her special somepony, Glowing Gem?

  • ...
7
 29
 1,401

Chapter 1: The Big Surprise

It was a lovely day, as the Mane 6 were having a picnic together. Twilight wasn't there yet.

"Oh my, I can't believe it's been 10 whole years since Twilight and Spike came to Ponyville!" exclaimed Rarity, levitating her tea cup with her horn.

"And we are certainly glad to have them in our lives," Fluttershy added.

"Aw shucks, Flutters," Spike said, modestly. "Twilight and I are even luckier to have all of you."

"Aww!!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Spikey Wikey, are you three inches taller than the last time I saw you?" Rarity said sternly, but only jokingly.

"Maybe?" Spike said.

"Aww, time went by too fast!" Rarity exclaimed. "Seems like yesterday I could bend down to pat your head. Now I have to go like..."

Rarity hopped up and stood on the tips of her hoof just to pat Spike's head, which was now about a whole foot above her.

"This!" she finished.

"I can't believe I don't see Twilight showing any hint of nostalgia," Rarity said.

"Speaking of which, where is Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

"She said she'd be a little late!" said Pinkie Pie. "She forgot to bake the rolls!"

"Late? Forget? How unlike Twilight!" said Rainbow Dash.

"I know, right?" Pinkie Pie agreed.

Spike made a sound. He sounded like he was about to puke. Although, all of his friends knew exactly what the sound meant.

"A letter?" Applejack said. "Now, I can't remember the last time this happened."

Spike let out a burp and fire spread across the whole area, shrouding the area in a green light as it happened. His friends gasped and just barely dodged the flames.

"Whoa there, partner!" Applejack exclaimed.

"You almost scorched us!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Sorry, girls," Spike apologized, sheepishly. "The taller I get, the more fire I have. I'll try my best to control it."

"I wonder what Twilight's letter says," Pinkie Pie said.

She opened the letter, curiously. She began to read it aloud to her friends.

"Dear Spike and Friends of Twilight," she said. "Oh, it's for us!" she exclaimed, pausing for a moment. She continued to read the letter. "It's Princess Celestia. I'm sure by now you've all heard of the wedding and are shocked by how time flies."

"We didn't hear about any wedding!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "What does she mean?"

"And who's getting married?!" Rarity asked. "Who else do we know that could be engaged?"

Pinkie Pie continued to read the letter. "The bride has asked all of you to do a certain task. Pinkie Pie, you've been asked to plan the reception and bake the wedding cake." She paused. "Yay, I'm so excited! I can totally do that!" She continued. "Applejack, you've been asked to help with additional refreshments."

"Tell them I'd be pleased as punch!" Applejack grinned. "I've been working on a new apple cinnamon fry recipe!"

"Rarity, you've been asked to make the wedding dress."

"Definitely!" Rarity replied. "I'd love to get my creative juices flowing again!"

"Fluttershy, you've been asked to do music."

"I really love working with the birds to create music!" said Fluttershy. "Yes! I'll do it!"

"And lastly, Rainbow Dash will perform a Rainbow Heart Zoom after the vows. Spike will be the ring bearer and wedding preacher. Can't wait for you all to be there! Sincerely, Princess Celestia."

"A Rainbow Heart Zoom?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Is this bride nuts?! The Rainbow Heart Zoom has been said to be about 43 times harder than the Sonic Rainboom! How do they expect me to do that?!"

"You'll get it!" Pinkie Pie encouraged. "Knowing you, you'll totally pull it off!"

"Aw, don't worry, sugarcube," comforted Applejack. "You're amazing as that move and the Sonic Rainboom put together. I know you can do it!"

"Yay," said Fluttershy.

"We have faith in you, darling!" Rarity said.

"Aw, thank you, girls," Rainbow Dash replied. "You're right! I accept!"

"And I accept my role as well!" Spike said.

"But, why wasn't Twi asked to do anything?" Applejack asked, confused.

"And who are the bride and groom?" Fluttershy inquired.

Spike let out another burp with his fire's glow flashing in the area. Another letter landed in front of them.

"Ooh, maybe this one is the invitation!" Pinkie Pie squealed. "Dear recipient, we invite you to attend the latest Canterlot wedding."

Everyone got excited and surrounded Pinkie Pie.

"When?!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Who?!" Fluttershy asked.

"In the castle?!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Is it soon?!" Rarity asked.

"The lucky bride and groom are..." Pinkie Pie continued. "Twilight and Flash Sentry?!?!"

Everyone gasped, in shock.

"Twi-Twi-Twilight is g-g-getting... married?" Applejack stuttered.

Twilight rushed to the girls with a bag of rolls. "Girls! Girls! Sorry, I'm late! But, I had to bake the..."

She trailed off as her friends only stared at her, purely shocked.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" she asked.

Pinkie Pie finally let out an ecstatic squeal. She ran to Twilight and gave her a giant hug, so happy for her.

"Of course, I'll bake your cake and plan your reception!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "I can't believe it!"

Applejack almost burst into tears of joy. "Oh, Twilight!"

All of her friends group hugged her.

"Congratulations!" Fluttershy said. "We're so happy for you!"

"Oh, thank you, girls," Twilight said. "I knew I could count on you!"

"Wow... I'm just shocked," Spike said.

"So are all of us!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"And have you girls heard the news about the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Twilight asked.

"I think it's awesome they started a band together!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Now, they're famous!" Rarity exclaimed.

"They'll be playing at my ceremony!" Twilight announced.

"Perfect choice!" Applejack said.

"And I always knew there was something going on between Twilight and Flash," Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight giggled. "I'll see you girls there!"

They had a picnic to celebrate the big news. They just couldn't wait for the wedding.