• Published 15th Aug 2016
  • 2,429 Views, 68 Comments

Good Burger: Ed's Misadventures in Equestria - sonicfan05



After Ed was accidentally teleported to Equestria by Twilight, Twilight tries to figure out a way to send Ed back home while Ed spends his time working at the Hay Burger and befriending all of Twilight's friends. Whether they want to or not.

  • ...
14
 68
 2,429

Chapter 4: Awkward Introductions

"I can't believe you ran off like that!" Bon Bon scolded her best friend as they were trotting towards the Town Hall. "You're lucky that you didn't get hurt from this creature and you're even luckier that the Princess didn't press charges against you for attacking her personal guard!"

Lyra shrugged casually. "Well I knew that human won't hurt me, so I wasn't worried. Plus, I think I done Twilight a favor, considering how unreasonable that guard was."

After Lyra helped gave Ed the slip, she keep on distracting Flash by throwing various objects at him with her magic. Flash eventually overwhelmed her with his skills and immediately placed Lyra under arrest. He hoofcuffed her to the ground and placed the anti-magic ring on her horn before taking off after Ed. Lyra was left on the ground for fifteen minutes before Flash returned with Twilight and a worried Bon Bon in tow. Flash reluctantly uncuffed and removed the ring off of Lyra while Twilight told her she won't press charges against her, especially for trying to help out her new friend. However, she warned her to try not to attack her personal guard again (even if he deserved it). When Lyra asked Twilight about her new friend, Twilight simply responded, "Just head to Town Hall within a half hour and you'll find out."

Bon Bon glared at Lyra in disapproval. "He was just doing his job Lyra! He would have arrested you if you haven't thrown objects at him!?

"But then he would've arrested him if I don't do anything!" Lyra argued. "You should've seen how aggressive that guy was to that human! Plus, he is the key to my years worth of research about humans! I just had to save him!"

Bon Bon sighed as she shook her head. "Again with the human thing! There's no such thing as humans!"

Lyra faced Bon Bon with her eyes narrowed. "Oh yeah? Well why are you coming along then?"

"The only reason I come along just so I can keep you out of trouble." Bon Bon replied bluntly. "Plus so we can find out what's going on from the Princess."

"I'm telling you, it's because a human visited us from another dimension!" Lyra said indignantly.

Bon Bon sighed again. "Look Lyra, we don't know if he's...human or not. I don't want you to get all your hopes up and then get depressed again if this creature doesn't turn out to be human."

"I appreciate your concern," said Lyra. "But this time, I have a very good feeling about this! This hunch won't be a dud like all those other times I tried, you'll see! Now come on, the conference is about to start!"

Lyra galloped towards a crowd of ponies near the outside of the Town Hall while Bon Bon facehoofed herself and groaned loudly.

"You're impossible Lyra!" she muttered.


It's been a half hour since the Town Hall incident with Ed and all the ponies in the entire town gathered around the entrance of the Town Hall with Twilight Sparkle standing behind the podium. Her friends, the Mayor and Ed were standing behind Twilight as she was organizing her cue cards. Ed stood up from his small chair and waved to the crowd, which caused most of them to stepped back in fright. Applejack shook her head at Ed as he was forced to sit back down by Rainbow Dash with a look of irritation in her eyes. Even the Mayor felt nervous just by standing close to Ed but Spike reassured her with his thumb up.

After Twilight finished stacking her cards in a neat pile, she started to speak to the crowd with her microphone.

"Citizens of Ponyville," she began. "I'm sure you all wanted to know what is going on in regards to who our...guest is and about the incident early this past noon."

Once she saw everypony in the crowd nodded in union, she continued.

"About an hour ago, Spike and I performed a magical experiment at my castle; which I'm sure you all noticed the bright flashing lights coming from my windows," she said with a chuckle. When nopony laughed along with her joke, Twilight awkwardly cleared her throat before she continued. "As for what kind of experiment I've done...I cannot say. What I can say is that my experiment didn't go as planned and I...accidentally brought our guest over to our home."

Twilight turned towards Ed, who was still sitting on a small chair, with her hoof pointed at him. "This creature you all met earlier...is Ed. And Ed...is a human!"

"HAHA! I KNEW IT! IN YOUR FACES NEIGH-SAYERS!"

"BE QUIET LYRA! YOU'RE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF!"

There was an awkward silence for a moment before Twilight cleared her throat again.

"Annnnnywaaaaay...Ed is a human from his own world. What happened at the market and the Town Hall was all a big misunderstanding. He was only trying to help me and Spike by shopping around for food...without our knowledge and he was chased around by somepony before getting the full facts!"

Flash, who was standing next to Twilight, winced when he noticed a side glare from her. When she was sure he got the message, Twilight set her eyes back to the crowd again.

"I swear to all of you that he will never harm anypony! He may look strange, but Ed is actually a very good po- person!

"It's true!"

Every pony turned to see a grey pony with crossed yellow eyes while hugging a purple filly with blonde mane as her life depends on it.

"I knew Ed is a very good person the moment I first met him," Derpy said with a sniff. "Not only did he helped me out earlier, but he also saved my daughter's life!" Derpy looked down at her daughter with a smile on her face despite the tears flowing down her cheeks. "I would've been devastated if something ever happen to her."

Her daughter smiled and place her hoof on her mother's cheek in comfort. "Don't cry mommy, I'm okay. All thanks to him!"

Twilight as well as everypony stared at them in shock. They have no idea that Ed put his life on the line to help their local mailmare and her daughter. Twilight held back her tears but she made a mental note to thank Ed later. She started speaking into her mic again.

"I know this is a lot to take in and you don't know him that much, but he's only staying with us for a while. All I ask for all of you is to give him a chance until I find a way to send him back home. Now are there any questions?"

No one said anything for a while until Twilight spotted pink pony with violet mane raising her hoof.

"Yes Amethyst Star?"

"Well...If he's going to be staying with us, can he at least talk about himself?" she asked.

"I don't see why not," Twilight said while nodding in approval.

She then turned to the human in question. "Ed?"

"Yeah, Twilight?" Ed answered.

"Are you comfortable to speak to everypony with this microphone?" Twilight asked.

Ed smiled. "Oh sure! I've done this many times before!"

"Oh great!" Twilight said with a smile. "Then come right up and speak."

"Ok," Ed said before he got up.

He made his way over to the podium and took a microphone from Twilight. He than turned towards the crowd a speak with his goofy smile on his face.

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger. Can I take your order? Heh."

Everypony blinked at him on confusion while Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Spike facehoofed in union.

Somewhere behind the crowd, a lone pony stared at the stage with leering eyes before slowly turned and trotted away from Town Hall.


After about a half hour of questions and answers from Ed (as best as they can get), Pinkie Pie threw a party for Ed at Sugarcube Corner. While some ponies were still a bit weary from Ed, while most others accepted him and welcomed him with open hooves. Some of the townspeople were partying outside because they all can't fit in a small bakery. Everypony else were inside of the bakery along with the Twilight and her friends.

While Twilight had fun with the party, she was busy looking for Ed so that she can properly introduce him to her friends. She entered the Cake's living room where she sees Ed sitting on the couch, eating his cupcake. Twilight made her way over to Ed.

"So Ed, how's the party?" asked Twilight.

Ed swallowed his cupcake and gave Twilight his smile. "It was awesome! I'm having a great time here! And these cupcakes Pinkie made for me is delicious!"

Twilight smiled at the mention of one of her friends."When it comes to deserts, Pinkie made the best cakes. So what kind of cupcakes are they?"

"Pickles and cheese. My favorite!" Ed answered. He then bring up one of his cupcake to Twilight. "Want some?"

Twilight barely held back a barf that was threating to come out of her mouth. "Um...no thanks Ed." Twilight then quickly recovered and put on her polite smile. "Anyway, all of my friends are here. Would you like to meet them."

"Oh sure!"

So both Ed and Twilight walked right back into the main store area of the bakery where the main party took place. Twilight led Ed over to the table at the corner of the room where her best friends were waiting. Once they reach their table, Twilight began with her introductions.

"Ed, these seven here are my best friends," Twilight said proudly. She pointed her hoof at Spike. "You already met Spike."

"Yes...we have," Spike said flatly with his face still sore from Ed's punch.

"Oh hello again little dude! Haha." Ed greeted, not noticing Spike's eye roll.

Seeing that Spike wasn't in the mood, she quickly pointed to her next friend.

"This orange mare with a Stetson is Applejack. She's our town's farmer and grows the best apples here."

Applejack tipped her hat in greeting. "Howdy, pleasure to meet ya."

"Like 'howdy' to you too," Ed said with a chuckle. "So do you have farm animals?"

Applejack smiled in pride. "Why yes, yes we do. We have every healthy farm animal we have back at my good 'ol farm."

"Oh cool! Does that include horses?"

Applejack blinked. "Uh...sugarcube, we technically are horses, but as a pony."

"So does that mean you get to ride on other ponies or do they ride on you?"

"...Wat?"

"Um, moving right along," said Twilight as she led Ed to her quietest friend of the group. "This is Fluttershy. She is very shy but she loves and takes care of all the animals, big and small."

Fluttershy shyly hid half of her face in her mane with a blush on her cheeks.

"Oh cool! Hey there Fluttershy," Ed greeted with his hand stretch out to Fluttershy in greeting.

Fluttershy froze in place as Ed's hand were inches away from her face. She wasn't able to make a sound even as one of her friends asking her if she's okay. Feeling overwhelmed, Fluttershy tipped herself backwards and then she pass out after she was caught by Rainbow Dash.

Ed tilted his head in confusion. "Um..is she okay?"

"Oh she's alright darling. She...wasn't very good at meeting other po- people. But this happened rarely."

"Speaking of which, this elegant pony here is Rarity," said Twilight as she pointed to Rarity. "She is a fantastic fashion designer and she owns three different boutiques all across Equestria."

"Oh you flattered me darling," said Rarity, trying to be modest. She then turn to Ed with her polite smile. "If I may be so bold Ed, but what exactly are you wearing?"

"Oh this is my uniform when I worked at the Good Burger," answered Ed with a laugh.

Rarity's furrowed her eyebrows but still kept her smile. "I...see. Do you wear any other clothing other than your...uniform?"

"Nope. I wear this thing all the time," Ed said bluntly.

One of Rarity's eye twitched a bit, but she was still smiling. "Surely you taken them off at some point, right?"

"Nope. I pretty much wear it everyday. Even when I showered or sleep with it. Haha!"

Rarity now had a blank look and her eye twitched much more rapidly. Seeing her friend was about to have another dramatic episode, Twilight quickly moved on to her next friend.

"Anyway...this pony here with the rainbow mane is-"

"AHEM!"

"Sigh...the one and only, super duper amazing and twenty percent more cooler...Rainbow Dash," Twilight said dully as if she had rehearsed her line before.

On cue, Rainbow Dash landed on the ground with her hooves and made ger dramatic pose.

"The one and only!" Rainbow boosted before turning to Twilight. "You still need to put more 'oomph' in your introductions Twi."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Anyway, Rainbow here is very athletic. She's the head director of the weather crew and she's a member of the Wonderbolts."

Ed blinked. "Um...what's a Wonderbolts?"

Rainbow Dash let out her horrified gasp before she flew right up to Ed's face. "You never heard of the Wonderbolts!? Where have you been!?"

"Uh...I don't know."

"Dash, he's from another world, remember?" Twilight pointed out.

Rainbow rubbed her head in her sheepish manner. "Oh yeah...I forgot about that."

"Is your mane natural?" Ed asked suddenly.

"Of course is natural!" said Rainbow with a huff, annoyed by this question many times before. "My mane's is always multi-color since the day I was born. Been in my family for many generations."

Ed smiled. "I like it! Reminds me of Skittles. Haha."

Rainbiw titled her head in confusion. "Um...what are Skittles?"

"Ooh ooh, don't forget about me!" Pinkie chirped, as she was bouncing in her place.

Twilight rolled her eyes but had a smile on her face. "Of course we won't forget you. Ed, you already met her but this happy energetic pink mare standing before you is Pinkie Pie. She is one of Ponyville's best baker and a super party extravaganza. She also loves to make new friends."

Pinkie nodded her head with her huge smile. "Yepperoni~! Me and Eddie are already the best of friends. Right Eddie?"

"Totally!" Ed cheered as both Ed and Pinkie gave each other the hoof bump, or in Ed's case, the fist bump.

Rainbow leaned into Applejack's right ear with her hoof barley covering her mouth.

"Eddie?" She questioned with her low voice.

Applejack shrugged in response.

Twilight trotted over to a nervous light purple mare with purple and mint green mane. "And last but not least, this is our newest friend and my faithful student, Starlight Glimmer. She is very talented with her magic and she's currently learning about the magic of friendship."

Starlight, who was just as shy as Fluttershy, slowly stretch her hoof out to Ed in greeting. "Um...hi."

"Nice to meet you Starlight," Ed said cheerfully as he shook her hoof and Starlight's body in the process. He then lets go of her. "So you're good with your magic?"

Starlight was dizzy for a moment before she quuckly recovered. "O-oh well...I'm pretty good at magic, but not that great."

"Oh don't be so modest darling," said Rarity, now felt better from her near shock. "You are just as good with magic as Twilight."

"Yeah," Pinkie piped up. "You nearly gave Twilight a run for her money when you-"

Before she could speak anymore, a magical zipper in a purple aura zipped her mouth shut. Despite that her mouth was shut, Pinkie was still trying to finish her story with her muffed lips.

"Pinkie, don't bring that up!" Twilight scolded. "You're upsetting her!"

Pinkie finally noticed Starlight's sullen appearance, who was looking down at the floor in shame. Pinkie ears drooped. She hated seeing her friends get so upset, especially when she herself unintentionally was the cause of it. shot Starlight her apologetic look. Receiving the message, Starlight gave Pinkie her small smile, letting her friend know that she's not upset her.

After that exchanged, Twilight unzipped Pinkie's mouth. Ed meanwhile was confused from the display.

"Um...is something wrong?"

"It was nothing Ed, it's best you don't worry about it." Twilight reassured. "Anyway, I think I should escort you back to the castle. You deserve a rest after everything that happened to you today."

"Um...okay," said Ed as he was led to the front door by Twilight.

"Wait, Ed?"

Both Ed and Twilight stopped in their tracks and they turned to see Spike with his neutral expression.

"Back at the castle, why did you punch me?" he asked.

"Oh, it's because you asked me for a good punch," Ed answered.

The whole bakery was in silence as everyone starred at Ed until Spike spoke up again.

"Wait, that's it? That's the reason?"

"Yeah, like, what do you think he means?" said Ed as if the answer was obvious.

"Come on Ed, let's head back to the castle," said Twilight as she was heading out the door. "And stay close to me."

"Ok," said Ed as he stepped out the door to follow Twilight.

It was few seconds later when everypony heard Twilight's loud yelp from outside.

"Ed! I don't mean that close!"

While everyone just stood there, staring blankly, Applejack felt her hat lifted off from head. She turned to see Rainbow Dash holding her hat with her one eyebrow raised.

"So AJ...would you like your hat cooked or raw?"


Twilight sighed as she and Ed we're walking down the road to her castle. Today has been a crazy day. Her experiment was a failure, she accidentally took Ed from his world to hers and caused a whole town to panic when she had her eyes off of Ed for a moment. If she haven't get to him on time, then it would've been a disaster. At least she introduced Ed to her friends...even if it was a bit awkward (except for Pinkie), but she knew they'll come around eventually.

What she dread the most was how will she explain this to Princess Celestia, especially that it was her fault in the first place. All royal Princesses had to make an emergency report on anything major happens to Equestria. As much as she wanted to keep Ed a secret so she can solve her own problem without making a big deal over it, she knew it was pointless. Her huge amount of her experimental magic would most likely get Celestia and the other Princesses attention. Even if they somehow didn't sense her magic, other ponies, like the news reporters would spread that a human appeared in Ponyville. It would only be a matter of time before word reach Celestia. Plus, she didn't want to hurt Celestia for keeping a secret from her. So she'll have to send a letter to her immediately, but she still had to protect Ed in case if anypony who would try to unfairly label him as a monster and send him to the Royal Dungeon.

Especially from him.

"Whoa!"

Twilight stopped in her tracks when she heard Ed. She turned to see Ed who had an awe look on his face as he was staring at a building in front of him. Twilight titled her head up a bit and realized what Ed was looking at.

He was staring at the Hay Burger restaurant.

Twilight turned to Ed again. He still had an awe expression on his face, but she also saw something else she couldn't quite make out.

'Was he...longing?' Twilight thought. 'Could a fast food restaurant really make him feel...homesick?'

"Ed," Twilight said quietly.

Ed snapped out of his trance and faced Twilight. "Oh, what is it Twilight?"

"I see that you're impressed with our local burger restaurant?" said Twilight with a small smile.

Ed smiled back. "Yeah, totally! This place reminds me of Good Burger back home when I work at the register."

"I take that you like your job?" asked Twilight.

"I love my job!" Ed said with a sudden burst of enthusiasm. "Good Burger is my life! But the best thing about Good Burger is meeting new faces. I always work there with a smile on my face, even if some customers get upset over silly things like complaining about me adding a shoe in their burger."

Twilight nearly did a double take. 'Wait...he once added a shoe in their burger!?'

"Despite all that," Ed continued. "I treasured each and everyday I spent working at Good Burger." Ed sighed but had a smaller smile. "Even though Mr. Bailey gave me a vacation to take a break from work...I already missed working at the Good Burger."

While part of her confused as to why working at the Good Burger is the only thing he missed from home, she at least understood (to some degree) of how important his job was to him. She then knew what she had to do to start making up to him for bringing him here while she figures out a way to send him home.

There's no harm in that, right?

"Well Ed, if you like working at a fast food restaurant that much, then how about I get you a job at the Hay Burger as a volunteer. It may not be Good Burger, but I figured it'll be close to home for you."

Ed had a huge smile on his face like a kid who woke up on a Heartswarming morning. "You mean it!"

Twilight chuckled. "Yes, I mean it. I do anything to help a friend."

"You mean...we're buddies now?" Ed asked but with a warmer smile this time.

Twilight smiled back. "I do."


A lone stallion was sitting on his chair, while angrily crushing Equestrua Daily newspaper with his hooves. He had a very rough week dealing with other ponies who disagreed with his ideas and opposed against him despite his title. The worse is what happen to him yesterday that he considered to be the most humiliated moment in his life, especially when the most Royal figure of Equestria, scolded him like a child in front of so many ponies for them to see. The press who wrote the news made things even worse for him. He was used to be the most highly respected stallion in Equestria, but ever since he ran into that mare, things were starting to fall apart around him. He even tried to form a boycott against the newest Princess for not being the true Royal figure and all questionable decisions she made, but due to high popularity of Princess Twilight and Princesses Celestia's interference, he was quickly shot down. They are all fools to him. He needs to find a way to take that fake Princess down and bring himself back on top to gain back the respect that he deserves.

Suddenly he heard the door open and somepony entered his room. The stallion sighed in annoyance.

"I thought I told you I need to be alone!"

"I'm terribly sorry sir," said an old stallion who was most likely his butler. "But I have a message from your...*ahem*...acquaintance...all the way from Ponyville."

The stallion sighed and rolled his eyes. "Again? What is it? It better not be another one of her so called social event!"

"No it's...well, you should read it for yourself."

The butler handed over a silver tray with a letter on top of it to the stallion. The stallion used his magic to levitate the letter over to him and began to read it. As he read the letter, his eyes widen.

"A human!? In Ponyville!? And he was accidentally teleported to our world by a magical experiment from Princess Twilight Sparkle!?

He just stared at the letter in shock, still processing everything he learned. Then, his face slowly formed into a nasty cruel smirk.

"Well, well, well. It looks like an opportunity has fallen into my lap, all wrapped up in a bow by the 'Princess of Friendship' herself." The stallion looked up to face his butler. "Winston, cancel all the appointments for the rest of this week, as well as next week. We're going to make a trip to Ponyville a couple days from now. So make it snappy!"

Winston sighed somberly. "As you wish...Master Blueblood."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. Life was busy for me and I have little time to write lately, but I will continue the story as best as I can. The next chapter will be out when it's out. Thank you all for being so patient with me. :pinkiesad2:

Also, due to an episode Every Little Thing She Does when the show revealed the kitchen in Twilight's Castle for the first time, I went back in chapter two and I re-edit the kitchen scene.

See ya next time! :twilightsmile: