• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 7,072 Views, 333 Comments

Equestria Girls and The Golden Bell - Sparky Brony



The Humane Seven go to London for a school competition, little do they know that there is more to London than meets the eye.

  • ...
17
 333
 7,072

Chapter 10.

Curling her forelegs under herself, Pinkie Pie looks up at the sky. Clouds drift by above, the sun is warming her back, the wind plays with her mane and tail, “This is nice,” she murmurs.

Rolling over onto her back, Pinky watched a sundae shaped cloud drift by, “No responsibilities. No pressure. No expectations for me. Sometime you just need time to recharge.”

A butterfly lands on the tip of Pinkie Pie’s muzzle. Tilting her head, Pinkie Pie goes cross eyed looking at it, “Twilight’s got a magic map now that shows her trouble all over the place.”

Curling her toes, Pinkie watches as a candy apple shaped cloud drifts slowly by. “Oh, a magical map, that could be useful around here. Sunset and Twilight are having so much fun using their magic, I think Sunset’s feeling like she’s back in Equestria. She’s just so happy teaching Rarity and Twilight to do all that they can do.”

Shaking her head, Pinkie Pie laughs, “Maybe that would help Twilight, a student. Someone to share her magical knowledge and friendship lessons with. So, how are you doing with magic?”

“I don’t really have magic.” Pinkie says, looking over at the pony.

Pinkie Pie shakes her head, “Well other than our ability to ignore the laws of reality at times. Oh, and our Pinkie sense.”

Pinkie nods slowly, “Well there is that. So, what’s on the board for today?”

“Decorating the castle for a party.” Pinkie Pie says as she stands up and shakes herself out before sitting and looking up at the sky. “And you?”

“I want to explore the castle somewhat, see what I can find about this place. Also need to find out more about this goat.” Watching a cloud in the shape of a stack of pancakes drift by, both look at each other. “But first...”

In stereo Pinkie’s say the one word. “Breakfast!”

Sitting up quickly Pinkie listens to her stomach grumble loudly. She looks around the dorm and grabs herself an apple before hopping out of bed to begin her day.

Fluttershy is the first for her to wake up, all of those animals sleeping with her. It’s hilarious! She giggles as she bounces around the room, and soon enough, everyone is awake and shambling downstairs. Pinkie was the first dressed for the day, though the boring black robes aren’t all that fun, she does like the silver trim. Walking down the stairs is always an experience. She greets the various paintings as they get past them. One of the large paintings is an old battleship, she flicks a wave and it washes over the bow of the ship. Pinkie giggles as several crewmembers shake their fists at her.

“Boy, there are plenty of stairs here!” Pinkie says as they finally get to the ground floor. She darts towards the great hall, food is calling her. Once the food appears, she digs in. As she eats, her pinkie sense starts to go off. Though her pinkie sense has been going off all the time here. She knows what this one is, she reaches into her magic bag.

“Hi there.” Comes a voice in her right ear.

“Pinkie Pie.” Comes a voice in her left.

Pinkie giggles, she looks to her right, “Hi Fred.” She turns her head to the other side, “Hi George.”

“I’m Fred!” says the twin to her left.

As the twin to her right says, “I’m George!”

Pinkie giggles and looks at the twin on her right, “No, you are Fred, George is the cute one.”

Both twins smile, “Our mother can’t do that.” They say in unison.

Pinkie Pie cocks her head to the side, “Why? It’s totally obvious!”

They both laugh and they both sit on each side of her, “Well, we came over here because we have a proposal for you, Pinkie Pie.” George grabs some fried eggs and puts them on a plate.

Fred continues, “Do you have any more of those Windigo ghost chili’s?”

She giggles, “Maybe.”

“We’d like to make a trade.”

Pinkie Pie perks up, “What could be valuable enough to give you the last of my peppers?”

Fred pulls out a folded stack of paper. When Pinkie picks it up, on the face of it words start to appear.

Messrs Padfoot, Prongs, Wormtail and Moony welcome Pinkie Pie to the Marauders Map, we know you are up to no good.

George looks at the map for a long time, then up at his brother, both of them say in unison, “Wicked.”

Fred shakes his head, “We have a couple of them, we…” he giggles, “borrowed one from Filch’s office, we gave that to Harry. This one belonged to Wormtail, and it was at our dad’s office.”

George picks up the conversation, “We liberated it from there. And we are giving it to you for the measly small price of.”

They say in unison, “One bag of Windigo ghost chili’s.”

Pinkie reaches into her bag and hands over the small paper bag to George, “Deal.”

After the post arrives and the loud gong sounds, signaling the beginning of classes for the day. Pinkie bounces with her friends to class. Sunset, Twilight, and Rarity all follow more sedately. It’s not all that long until they get to the seventh floor classroom, Pinkie skips into her class and sits down before her friends even get in the room. Pinkie pulls out her book and opens it up.

When Sunset gets through the door she stops for a moment, looking at Pinkie Pie, she moves over to her table next to Pinkie’s. She leans over, “Why are you dressed like that?”

Pinkie looks down at the purple scarf, and reaches up to touch the purple turban with a red gem on the front, a lavender feather sprouting up from the top, “What? Look at what we have to work with today!”

Sunset looks at the crystal balls on the various tables, she looks at Pinkie, who smiles brightly at her, then she shrugs. The teacher bustles into the front door. Pinkie winks at Fred and George as all of the students bend to their learning.

“Good morning class!”

The class responds in sullen unison, “Good morning Professor Trelawney.”

“Today, the mysterious and very useful crystal ball will be used.” She glides across the room, “With one, you can see the future, you can see the past, anything that’s relevant to what your subject needs.” She turns and heads towards the girls. She comes up to Pinkie Pie, who’s staring intently into the ball on her table, “What a beautiful getup you have there young lady.”

"What do yo see Miss Pie?" Professor Trelawney asked leaning down a bit.

"I see, I see...." Pinkie blinked slowly moving her head to the side a bit, "Oh, I see my teacher looking over my shoulder!"

Professor Trelawney stands up abruptly, “That’s merely a reflection, I’m asking you to look with your third eye.”

Pinkie blinks up at the teacher, “But aren’t all visions just reflections of things to come?”

Professor Trelawney huffs and points at the crystal ball, “Miss Pie, please be serious. Now tell me what you see.”

"I see... I see...Nope don't see anything." Pinkie says blinking. Then a shiver goes up her spine, her ears wiggle, her hair poofs out...squeaking, her leg vibrates and then she sneezes." Wow that one’s a doozie... that’s totally unexpected and unbelievable!" She says solemnly.

"What is?"

"I don't know exactly.” She looks up at the teacher, “But when it happens, it’s going to be unexpected, AND unbelievable."

“And you saw that in your crystal ball? What exactly did you see?”

Pinkie cocks her head to the side, “I didn’t see it in the ball, I felt it. It was my Pinkie Sense.”

Professor Trelawney opens her mouth to speak when a loud scream gets her to whirl around towards Sunset Shimmer, Sunset recoils back from her own crystal ball, and her hands glow briefly, the ball blasts across the room to shatter against the wall, shards of the crystal spray everywhere.

Twilight puts her hand on Sunset’s shoulder as Sunset pants softly, “It was him, he’s looking for ways to…” She hugs herself and shudders.

Professor Trelawney moves up to put a hand on Sunset’s shoulder, “Sometimes the sight can bring about disturbing visions.” She draws out her snow white wand and gestures at the shards of crystal. With a muttered spell, the ball reforms and flies back towards her. She brings the ball around to set it back in front of Sunset, she kneels down, “Look into it again, dearie.”

Sunset shudders for a moment, but finally looks, after a long moment, she flinches away, “No…” She mutters, “I can’t do this.”

Professor Trelawney puts a hand on Sunset’s shoulder, “It’s alright young lady, some cannot initially handle the sight. You will be able to see more. In time.” She moves over to Twilight as Pinkie Pie looks intently into her own ball.

After a long moment, Pinkie pie sighs, “I see the wall, upside down, that’s it.” She huffs and turns to watch the others as they struggle, if it’s not immediate, Pinkie Sense has its limits.

***

Pinkie skips down a hallway, the map in her hands, exploring this old castle has been totally fun. Although, right now, she’s not certain which is more fun, skipping down this hall for the second time, or watching her footsteps as she skips on the map. She turns down another corridor and stops. There’s nothing fun right here. She whirls around and walks slowly down the previous corridor once again, then she stops in her tracks. There’s a door there, she didn’t see it the last two times down this corridor. She moves slowly towards the large, ornate, wooden door. The door opens easily and she pokes her head in. Then she stops in wonder.

“I knew there was the perfect room here.” She giggles as she meanders around the room. With a glance to the map, she notes that her name has disappeared from it, which causes her eyebrows to rise. This room, however, is absolutely perfect! The full kitchen with a bulging larder makes her fingers twitch, she hasn’t baked anything in forever! The rest of the room, however, has stuff she's only ever seen in her dreams. Bouncing over to one of the filing cabinets, she pulls a drawer open, and with a quick look she grabs one of the many folders inside.

"Starswirl the Bearded, Battle spells and Defense. Collection 6." She reads aloud, then opens the folder and blinks at the parchments inside, hand scribed with diagrams and strange terms. Pinkie closes the folder and puts it back in the cabinet before starting to look around again. Pony statues line the walls, some standing on all fours, others reared in different poses. A large mirror with gold trim and gems in it stands on a pedestal, and above her, hoops hang from the ceiling at different levels.

Touching one of the statues she feels a... connection. Equestrian magic flows through here, she can feel it flowing through her as well. A connection to herself, her magic and with a big smile, her ears sparkle into existence as her mane forms. She turns her head slowly, looking all around the room taking everything in, her head turning a full revolution before she floats off the ground squeezing. Her body spinning to uncurl her heck.

"Eeeeeee! The girls have got to see this!" She says then darts for the door, leaving an after-image of herself standing in the room that slowly fades into dust.

***

Pinkie Pie beams with joy and happiness after spending even just a little time in that room. The other girls won't be able to see it until after their classes though, so this is one secret she'll have to keep for now. The room, though, is so totally perfect it is as if it has been made for them. She hums happily as she prances down the stairs towards the great hall, she isn’t super hungry, but the house-elves here make awesome food. She’ll have to trade recipes with them some time.

She sits down at the table just as the tureen’s show up, along with stacks of grilled cheese sandwiches. Pinkie wastes no time in grabbing a sandwich and taking a big bite. She closes her eyes in pleasure, pepper jack cheese and cheddar in the sandwiches, not that awful processed stuff they have at school back home. She munches happily as she ladles some soup into a bowl. She focuses on the eating, all of the food is just so good. Then something grabs her attention.

“Oh, just shut it!” Comes Ginny Weasley’s voice in a loud scream, getting most of the conversations in the room to stop. Pinkie looks around as Ginny darts out the door. Applejack is following her, so she knows that Applejack is on the case. Then…uh oh.

Pinkie reaches into her bag as she bounds up from her seat, she places the canon and pulls the string, covering Ron Weasley in confetti. She bounces over to him, “Hiya Ron!” she giggles.

“Not right now, Pinkie Pie.” He growls. Apparently, the Malfoy boy has turned around, he’s right behind her.

Pinkie brings out a tray and puts it in front of Ron’s face, “Have a cupcake.”

“Don’t mind if I do.” Malfoy says as he grabs the cupcake off the platter, he strips the paper covering off and shoves the entire pastry in his mouth.

Pinkie looks at the platter in dismay, “That was my last Windigo Ghost Chocolate cupcake!” She glares at Malfoy, who’s face is starting to turn red, she turns back to Ron, “Well, my Triple Chocolate fudge brownie overload cupcake with molten core and chocolate truffle shavings are really good too.” She shoves the pastry into his mouth, pulling the paper out. She giggles as Ron starts to chew. His eyebrows raise and a smile spreads across his face as he tastes it.

A gagging sound gets Pinkie’s attention. She turns around to see Malfoy bent double, “Now Draco, don’t waste food.” She admonishes. He slowly levers himself up, his entire face bright red. As he swallows, flames start to come from his ears, and he rushes over to his table. He picks up a pitcher of pumpkin juice.

"Oh no you really shouldn't take that without asking." Pinkie says, only to be met by a glare from Malfoy, who proceeds to start drinking it.

"Because Dash wanted a bit more kick in hers, we added ginger, cloves, and tabasco sauce. I didn't know tabasco sauce was such a big thing over here! You can find it everywhere though, Ron, and it just goes great with everything!"

Malfoy gags again as he throws the pitcher across the room. Now more flames are coming from his nose and mouth. He puts a hand over his mouth and rushes from the great hall. Ron gives Pinkie a hug, “That was brilliant!”

She giggles, “He wasted it! Oh well, I’ve got more for Rainbow Dash.”

***

Pinkie Pie is ahead of her friends as they all troop down into the dungeons for their potions class. She knows this Snape is a grumpy guss, but she knows she can put a smile on even his face. The door to the dank dungeon classroom yields as she bounces through. The teacher is at the front of the classroom facing the black boards, in his ever-present black robes, his greasy long hair draped down the back of his skull. Pinkie moves over to her cauldron as the other students slowly file in. Before too long, everyone is ready. Professor Snape waves his wand casually over his shoulder at the door, which closes dutifully at his command.

Pinkie looks at the different vials sitting before her cauldron, she picks a couple up, reading the labels as the professor starts to speak, “Good afternoon students, today we will work on two potions. One of them will take a month to fully prepare, you will be working on them each time you come to class.” He taps his wand and a name appears at the top of the board, “Polyjuice potion.”

He taps it again and instructions appear on the board, “The Polyjuice Potion, which is a complex and time-consuming concoction, is best left to highly skilled witches and wizards. This potion, as many of you know, allows you to change your appearance to that of someone else. Useful at times if used properly, dangerous and criminal if used wrong." With just the slightest smile, "This potion is incapable however of changing your species so be careful not to get any animal hairs, such as cat, mixed in."”

He walks back and forth in front of the boards, “this may be anything, toenail clippings, dandruff or worse, but it is most usual to use hair. The idea that a witch or wizard might make evil use of parts of the body is an ancient one, and exists in the folklore and superstitions of many cultures. The effect of the potion is only temporary, and depending on how well it has been brewed, may last anything from between ten minutes and twelve hours. You can change age, sex, and race by taking the Polyjuice Potion, but not species.” He stops and stands before the class, steepleing his fingers, “This, class, is your term project. You will each get enough materials to make one, just one single dose of this potion. If you lose it, if you make a mistake, if you fail to brew it properly, there will be no starting over. And you will most likely fail my class.” He looks around, “Am I understood?”

“Yes, Professor Snape,” The students say solemnly.

Pinkie Pie looks at the ingredients and the instructions on the board, it’s just like cooking she’s done countless times. She picks up the first ingredient, fluxweed, and puts it into her small copper cauldron. She keeps an eye on the other students as she adds in the knotgrass. Stirring is easy, but then she’s stumped. Her wand doesn’t work, so waving it over the cauldron will do exactly nothing. She wants to whine as she looks around. Sunset Shimmer glances up at Professor Snape, who is working with one of the Slytherin students, she extracts her own wand and waves it over Pinkie’s cauldron, causing the brew inside to change color and start to boil, Pinkie grins at Sunset as Twilight does the same for Rainbow Dash, both of them keeping their eyes on Snape as they help their friends. Before too long, all of the students have completed the first part of the potion. Professor Snape walks to the head of the class.

“Now it is time to set those aside until near the end of class, where you will complete part two of the first section of constructing the potion.” He waves his wand, and another recipe appears on the boards. “This one will be a little different.”

Pinkie Pie’s smile widens as he continues, she’s done something similar back at home, for her super sweet sugar cookies. Making concentrated super saturations of sugar. This is magic? She glances at the bottom of the board, ah, that’s what makes this magic. She giggles as she looks around, the other students, even her friends, seem to be at a loss.

“We have a supply of liquid nitrogen in the back, we will lower the temperature of the sugar before adding it, we can get a tighter crystalline structure, and a greater concentration. So, we will create a simple syrup with the sugar first, then drop it in the liquid nitrogen to create dense pearls. That way, we can more easily control the infuse rate so long as we control the size of the pearls.”

“Here you go.” Pinkie says as she flounces up to Professor Snape.

He looks at her, “Miss Pie, this potion takes a minimum of forty minutes to make.”

She giggles and jumps up and down in place, “Not if you know what you are doing.”

He holds out a hand, “Let me see your efforts young lady.”

She hands him the small cauldron, he draws out his wand and waves it over the clear brew, he looks at her severely, “Very interesting.” He looks at it and mutters a spell, his wand glowing like a black light, he looks up at her, “you pulverized it after you froze it?” He gestures to the brew, which is glowing bright green in the light.

Pinkie giggles, “Of course, sugar, when it’s super chilled, you are actually changing its properties and crystal structure. That’s why it’s UV absorption index skyrockets. And you get it to fluoresce bright green under a black light.”

Snape’s eyebrows have risen quite high, he looks up at Pinkie Pie, “And what would you do with that?”

Pinkie cocks her head to the side, “This is like super sugar right now. I make it at home for my super sweet sugar cookies.” She looks down, “Though…”

Snape frowns, “What is it?”

Pinkie looks thoughtful, “If I were to add liquid caffeine to it, I think I can make a really good pick me up.”

She ignores the shudder that runs through her friends, Snape allows a small smile for her, “I don’t usually do potions that are intended for simply eating. But let’s see what you can do in the time we have left.”

Pinkie grabs her cauldron and skips back to her table, “Oh, don’t worry, Professor. I think you’ll love it.”

***

Pinkie bounces up the stairs from the dungeon, she’s got one more class for the day, and she thinks she’s going to love it. Right now, though, she’s running behind because she trailed behind the other students leaving potions. That Professor Snape isn’t so bad a guy, she thinks. Dour on the outside, but he’s quite brilliant. She hums happily as she skips along. Muggle magical studies is going to be fun.

She opens the classroom door, looking around at the students, there aren’t all that many here. But something draws her eyes the moment she gets in. The drum set sitting in the middle, three toms, a snare, a bass drum, and six cymbals along with a hi-hat. That’s going to be fun to play with. She walks slowly over towards the set, when the bass drum starts a beat. Two sticks become visible, playing short riffs on the toms before crashing the cymbals. Pinkie frowns in confusion before she hears a voice.

“Now students, a lot of modern muggle music uses the drum set. Originally designed to be used by multipods, muggles have somehow adopted and adapted this instrument to their own needs. A single two armed performer may produce multiple drum tasks without magic. In the past, this would have taken an entire percussion section in a typical orchestra. Smaller bands play music for smaller groups in tighter locations where an entire orchestra may not fit.” The drum sticks move out of sight, then a most curious creature walks from behind the set. She had seen him a few times during meals, but… “Ahhh, our new American student, I’m Professor Flitwick. I’ve got a couple of your friends in my charms class.” He trundles over and offers a hand.

“Pinkie Pie.” She says as she takes his hand, “A pleasure.”

He smiles, “The pleasure is all mine.” He looks around the room, “There is a lot of modern music the muggles listen to; such as Rolf Harris, Ringo Star, and of course Elton John.”

Pinkie Pie twitches, he continues, “Now of course, muggles, being rather barbaric, use other humans skins for their drum sets. From the lyrics of a song,”

“And with his very last gasp, he says...
Tan me hide when death comes chums
Rolf coughs a bit and says oh dear
Tan me hide when death comes
So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde,
And Ringo's got it on his drums!”

He nods smartly, “Ringo, the most famous muggle drummer, has the tanned skins of a human on his drums.”

He gestures towards the drum set, “Do you play?”

She finds her hands twitching, looking at the drum sticks set side by side on the snare, she smiles, “Indeed a doodly I do play.”

He claps his hands, “Oh that’s wonderful. We are just starting to teach about some of the more modern music the muggles are listening to.” He adjusts his glasses, “Given how well some of you American students seem to do when it comes to the various magical studies here at Hogwarts, I think you’ll like this class. Would you show my students here a bit on how to play?”

Pinkie Pie beams as she very nearly teleports to the set. She settles on the small stool and grabs the sticks, “Oh yeah, what do you want me to play?”

He looks around at all the students watching raptly, “You spend a lot of time with the no-mags back at home?”

She nods, getting a smile from him, “So, you know a good deal of their music.”

She nods, “I’m in the Rainbooms, all of us play.”

His eyebrows rise, “Perhaps I should have you all come to class one day and play together. But for now, why don’t you…” He frowns, “Make some noise? Is that the term?”

"Well I don't know, drums alone are boring, music is meant to be a harmony, meant to be sung, played, and enjoyed together. I really like playing with my friends, but I suppose I could do something..."

She points at an electric guitar, “Anyone play that?”

One of the other girls comes out, by her robe trim color she’s a Slytherin, she picks up the guitar and puts the strap over her head. She smiles shyly at Pinkie Pie, who grins.

Sitting down at the drums she starts tapping out a beat lightly and nods at the Slytherin girl to start playing.

Picking up the beat the girl starts playing as Pinkie starts to sing, "My name is Pinkie Pie, and I am here to Sing, I'm gonna make you smile and I'll brighten up your daaaay."

With her right foot on the pedal for the bass drum keeping a steady beat, she uses her left to get the hi-hat moving. She relaxes into the music flowing through her mind. She smiles, this is exactly what she needs after a long day of school. Her hands become a blur as she moves between the different drums, weaving a beat that reverberates throughout the room. Her ears once again sparkle to life, and her bushy mane appears as she continues to play. The teacher moves over to his desk and picks up his tea as Pinkie Pie lets the magic flow through her. She laughs in pure delight as she plays.

She nods over to the other girl to keep playing. She bounces from her stool towards the other students, grabbing the bass guitar, an acoustic guitar, and some maracas. Grabbing some students, she shoves the instruments into their hands and leaps back down to the drum set. She brings up the beat as more voices start to sing. She glances off at the corner, the brassy notes of a trumpet roll in, she can feel the magic between all of the students here. They aren’t the Rainbooms, but, they’ll do. She takes a deep breath and rolls into the chorus, “Come on everybody, Smile, Smile, Smile. Fill my heart with sunshine sunshine.”

“Uh oh.” She murmurs as she glances over at the teacher. She leaps from the chair and reaches deep into her bag. Pinkie brings out the water bucket she had stashed there earlier and flings the water at the teacher, extinguishing him.

Professor Flitwick sits there, sopping wet, he looks up at Pinkie Pie, who glances back at the Weasley twins, who are laughing like mad. “Sorry, Professor.” She says softly.

The professor sets down his tea, “Well, I’ve never expected tea to set me on fire, dear. So, I must say thank you.” He coughs as he brings out his wand, waving it over his tea cup, “Boys, I don’t mind a little spice. But that was a bit excessive.” He waves the wand over himself, ending up completely dry, he looks up at the Weasley twins, “I’ll admit, you got me good there. But a week of detentions sounds pretty good to me as well.”

Both the boys find their laughter caught in their throats, they attempt to don innocent looks as Professor Flitwick turns back to Pinkie, “How did you know?”

She giggles as she cocks her head to the side, “Pinkie sense.”

He shakes his head, “Well, that was pretty impressive, I must say.”

Pinkie Pie giggles.