• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 4,500 Views, 139 Comments

The First Pony to Time Travel Without a Spell - Razor Blade the Unicron



Rainbow Dash has returned to Equestria, and nothing makes sense. She knows the pegasus that visited her, but if Rainbow had been gone for ninety two years, she should be dead. And she knows that purple unicorn, but she should be an alicorn.

  • ...
3
 139
 4,500

Showing Loyalty (Part One)

"Hey, Dashie!" said Pinkie, bouncing into the room Rainbow was reading in, "Guess what time it is!"

"What?" asked Rainbow, looking up from the book she had been reading.

"It's time for the Summer Sun Celebration!"

"Already? How long was I reading for?"

"A long time, of course! Now let's go, so we can be in the front when Princess Celestia comes out!"

Rainbow got to her hooves, making sure to put the book she had been reading on the table. She followed several other ponies out of the library, ending up next to Twilight and Spike.

"Are you worried?" asked Rainbow.

"Why would you think I'm worried?" asked Twilight.

"Nightmare Moon."

"I'm not positive she is returning, or even exists, so I'm not particularly worried."

"Well, if she does show up, I'll be waiting near the Everfree Forest if you want to look for the Elements."

Twilight gave Rainbow a simple nod before joining the throng of ponies entering town hall for the Celebration. Rainbow stayed outside of a bit, looking up at the moon nervously. She could still see the vague outline of Nightmare Moon on it, but it looked as if it was fading.

Though I don't want Nightmare Moon to return, I want Luna to. And if Nightmare Moon has to return so she can, then that's the way it will have to be.

Rainbow flew in after everypony, finding a spot to land where she could see both the balcony that Princess Celestia was going to come out on, as well as the moon. She looked back the moon when the sound of a fanfare caught her attention.

"Fillies and gentlecolts," announced the Mayor, "As Mayor of Ponyville, it is my pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!"

Ponies around Rainbow all cheered in response, but Rainbow continued to stare at the moon, and the rapidly vanishing figure on it.

Oh no...

"In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and moon each day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony of all of Equestria..."

Fluttershy queued her birds to begin singing, and their tweets ran out over the room.

"Princess Celestia!"

The curtain was dramatically pulled away, revealing... nothing. Nopony was there. There were murmurers in crowd, wondering where Celestia was. Rarity had walked up to the balcony, and looked around everywhere.

"She's gone!" she said in shock.

The murmurers increased, and ponies began to worry. Rainbow didn't notice anything around her, only the trail of black and dark blue magic floating down from the sky.

Nightmare Moon!

"AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" cackled out a voice, as lightning flew through the air, "Why, hello my beautiful little subjects! I am NIGHTMARE MOON!"

There were loud gasps in the crowd, and a few ponies even fainted.

"What have ya done with Princess Celestia?" demanded Applejack from the crowd.

"Princess Celestia?" said Nightmare with a sneer, "She is no longer here! I banished her to the sun! Instead, you will praise before me! Did nopony really see this coming?"

"I did!" said Rainbow confidently, as everypony turned towards her, "I knew that you would be returning, and you won't keep Equestria in an eternal night!"

"Oh, you are well informed! Such a shame that you are wrong, and the night will last FOREVER! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Rainbow didn't stick around for a second more. She took to the air, and flew towards the Everfree Forest as fast as she possibly could.


Rainbow tapped her hoof impatiently. If Twilight wanted to come with her to find the Elements, she had about ten seconds before Rainbow went on without her.

"Rainbow Dash!" called out Twilight, galloping over to her.

"Twilight!" said Rainbow, flying into the air again, "Took you long enough!"

"Sorry, I had to bring Spike back to the library. I also ran into a few others."

From behind Twilight came Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy.

"You guys want to come, too?" asked Rainbow in surprise.

"There's a madmare sayin' that she banished the Princess and that night will last forever," said Applejack, "Ah'm pretty sure that findin' these Elements is the best thing ta do right about now."

"And it would be awfully dangerous if you went alone..." said Fluttershy.

"We aren't just going to leave our friends hanging, now are we?" asked Rarity.

"And when we save the day, we can have a PARTY!" said Pinkie, confetti bursting out from around her.

Rainbow smiled, happy to have other ponies to help out.

"Then what are we waiting for?" she said, "Let's go find the Elements of Harmony!"

Rainbow flew into the forest, the other following behind her. They all looked around cautiously as they ventured deeper into the forest, but nothing had happened yet.

"Is there any sort of map for this place?" asked Rainbow.

"Not a chance!" said Pinkie, "The Everfree Forest is waaaaaaaaay to dangerous to make a map for! And even if somepony did make a map, the map usually vanishes mysteriously!"

"Well, that's not ominous at all..." muttered Rarity.

"Hold up!" said Applejack, causing everypony to stop, "Do y'all see that up ahead?"

"See what?" asked Twilight.

"Can't ya see those trees?"

"We're surrounded by trees!" said Rainbow, pointing her hoof in a circle.

"Ah know that, Ah mean those trees that look different."

"The trees all look the same to me..." said Fluttershy.

"Well, there's a few trees up ahead that don't look right, like they're gonna collapse any second now. We should make sure we go around 'em."

"I don't see any difference!" said Pinkie.

"Trust me, we shouldn't go near any of 'em."

"Well... I trust you." said Twilight.

"Us, too!" said Rainbow, "You do work with apple trees, after all!"

The group carefully wove their way through trees that were away from the group AJ said to avoid. When the reached the other side, and got back on to the path, Rainbow picked up a rock she saw, and held it back as if to throw it.

"Just gotta check something..." muttered as the others continued walking.

She threw the rock at one of the tree they had avoided, and the tree promptly collapsed, along with the other ones in the area.

"Guess Applejack was right..."

"Rainbow, are ya comin'?" called Applejack.

"Yeah!"

Rainbow quickly flew over to catch up with her friends, not noticing the black and blue magic coming out from the trees, and zooming above the group.

"Sorry, something caught my attention." said Rainbow, rejoining the group.

"That's fine!" said Pinkie happily, "We have a problem anyways!"

"What's the problem?"

"It's this bridge." said Twilight.

Rainbow looked over at a long bridge, with large spiderwebs hanging all around it.

"Whoa, that's a lot of spiderwebs!"

"No, kiddin'." said Applejack.

"So we can't fly across?" asked Fluttershy.

"No," said Twilight, "But somepony needs to cross the bridge to tell the rest of us if it's safe."

"I'll do it." said Rarity instantly.

"Rarity?" asked Rainbow.

"Don't worry, I'll be able to see if any parts of the bridge are unsafe because I'm good at seeing tiny details."

"Are you sure?" asked Pinkie.

"I'll be fine, darling!" said Rarity, walking up to the bridge, "If the bridge is safe, I'll come right back over!"

Rarity started across the bridge at a cautious walk, before being lost in the thick fog that had been forming around them.

"Do you think she's alright?" asked Fluttershy after a few seconds.

"I'm sure she's okay." said Twilight.

"Plus, if she fell, we would hear her." added on Rainbow.

"I'm back!" said Rarity, catching their attention.

"Wow!" said Pinkie, "You were really fast!"

"Well, the bridge was rather short. I marked any spots you shouldn't step on with my magic."

"Well, thanks, Rarity!" said Applejack.

"Why, anything for my friends!"

The six of them headed across the bridge, being careful not to step on any area marked in purple magic.

Huh... thought Rainbow Rarity was pretty selfless there...

As they continued walking off of the bridge, still nopony noticed the black and blue magic swirling above them. The magic zipped ahead of the group, absorbing into a nearby animal.

"Do you guys hear that?" asked Fluttershy.

"That growling?" asked Rarity.

Before Fluttershy could reply, as large Timberwolf jumped out in front of the group, growling and snarling. The six ponies stood in shock for a moment, before Rainbow flew straight at the Timberwolf, kicking it as hard as she could. Soon, Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie, and Rarity all ran at the Timberwolf, each fighting it as best as possible.

"Stop!" cried Fluttershy, flying in front of the Timberwolf.

"Flutters, what are you doing?" asked Rainbow as she approached the Timberwolf.

"Mr. Timberwolf, are you frightened?" asked Fluttershy, "We were only fighting you because you surprised us. We don't actually want to hurt you."

The Timberwolf growled, before licking Fluttershy's face.

"Oh! That tickled!" said Fluttershy, patting the Timberwolf, "Thank you for calming down. If you need a friend, you can come to my house in Ponyville. My other animal friends go there, too."

The Timberwolf licked Fluttershy one more time, before running off into the fog.

"How did you know it was scared?" asked Twilight.

"I could just tell. Sometimes, you just need to try and figure out how others are feeling."

Empathy! thought Rainbow, That's empathy! One of the Elements!

The group continued further into the forest, even going into a dark cave.

"It's really dark in here... said Fluttershy.

"No kiddin'..." said Applejack.

Suddenly, all of the light vanished from the cave, and they were left in darkness.

"I thought I felt something!" said Rarity.

"What?" asked Twilight fearfully.

"Did you guys hear that?" asked Applejack.

"Maybe it's a huge boulder coming towards us!"

"Or a monster!" said Rainbow.

The five ponies managed to find each other, and clustered close in fear.

"Pinkie!" whispered Rainbow, "Where are you?"

"Oh, girls!" said Pinkie, music kicking in from somewhere, "There's no need to be scared!"

When I was a little filly and the sun was going down

"Tell me she's not..." said Rainbow.

The darkness and the shadows, they would always make me frown

"She is." said Twilight.

I'd hide under my pillow

From what I though I saw

But Granny Pie said that wasn't the way

To deal with fears at all

Then what is?

She said: Pinkie you gotta stand up tall

Learn to face your fears

You'll see that they can't hurt you

Just be happy and make them disappear

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A light shows up in the cave, showing the ponies that there's only a puddle and some rocks.

We were scared of this?

So...

Grin at the ghostly

Glow at the grossly

Cast out the creepy

Win over all the weepy

Crack up at the kooky

Smirk at the spooky

At tell those big dumb scary to things to take a hike and leave you alone and if they think they can scare you then they're got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing makes you wanna...

The cave is filled with light completely

Smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile!!!!!!!!!

Everypony walked out of the cave, laughing and smiling, all of them happy.

"Pinkie, that was awesome!" said Rainbow.

"I know!" said Pinkie, "And look! There's a huge castle up ahead!"

"That's where the Elements of Harmony are!" said Rainbow and Twilight simultaneously.

The group headed quickly towards the ruined castle, entering without a problem. In the main area, there was a large stone statue (or something) in the middle of the room with five stone spheres on it.

"The Elements of Harmony..." said Rainbow softly.

"But the sixth one isn't here," said Twilight, "The book said that it would appear when 'all becomes clear'... What does that mean?"

"Maybe it means some sort of magic?" suggested Rainbow.

"That could be it! Could you bring them over to me?"

Fluttershy and Rainbow both flew up to the statue and carefully lifted the stones off of it and placed them in front of Twilight. Twilight then leaned down, and her horn lit up blue.

"Come on, y'all," said Applejack, "She needs her space."

Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie followed Applejack into the other room, but Rainbow stayed just in the entrance to the room with the Elements. She didn't want to just leave Twilight alone, something bad could happen.

"Rainbow? Are you coming?" asked Fluttershy.

But Rainbow stayed silent, looking for any sign of Nightmare Moon approaching. She started to smile when the Elements were lifted up in a blue magic, but her smile instantly faded when she realized that it wasn't Twilight's magic.

"The Elements!" cried Rainbow, zipping forward towards them.

Twilight's eyes flicked open just in time for her to see Rainbow and the Elements vanish in a swirl of black and blue magic.

"Oh no!" cried Twilight as the others ran in, "Where did she go?"

"Up there!" said Pinkie, pointing out of a ruined section towards a glowing tower.

"We'd better hurry!" said Applejack, taking the lead, "She could be in deep trouble right now!"