• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 4,480 Views, 138 Comments

The First Pony to Time Travel Without a Spell - Razor Blade the Unicron



Rainbow Dash has returned to Equestria, and nothing makes sense. She knows the pegasus that visited her, but if Rainbow had been gone for ninety two years, she should be dead. And she knows that purple unicorn, but she should be an alicorn.

  • ...
3
 138
 4,480

Magical Battle

Loyalty flew back into the Harmony rope, and quickly zipped up it back into the Timeline Void. She paused at the five color streams connected together to form the rope, and then flew down the dark blue stream. In an instant, she was now standing in a large library that had a blue glow floating around in it.

Friendship! she called, Magic! I need you to come out!

Loyalty... whispered a voice similar to Twilight Sparkle's, You know that I can't unless she find me...

But I need you! I'm not supposed to be the main one, it's suppose to be you! I've never had to be so strong!

The blue glow swirled around to form into the shape of a unicorn. The shape was very thin and broken, but it fazed neither entity.

Loyalty, said Friendship in her unicorn shape, I know this is hard for you. I know better than anyone or anything else. But you need to be strong. You need to be the main Element of Harmony, not me.

Loyalty bowed her head down, and a small red tear dripped out of her eye, You're all counting on me... But I don't know if I can do this... Isn't there a way for you all to help?

We are helping, Friendship placed her hoof under Loyalty's chin, and lifted it up, Our five Bearers are powering us just so you can get to Rainbow Dash. We would normally need the sixth Element to do something like this, but Rainbow has such deep Loyalty, that it even pierces into you.

I don't understand... I'm the entity if Loyalty, how can Rainbow have Loyalty towards me?

You know she changed Destiny. She could have changed a few other things, too.

Friendship's shape faded back into the blue glow in he library. Loyalty remained sitting on the ground for a few second, before turning towards the library door.

Just understand yourself... whispered Friendship.

Loyalty exited the library, and flew back down the dark blue stream. She flew back towards Rainbow, and watched everything change into bright whiteness. She saw Shadow and Rainbow staring at each other, with hate flowing between the two, and also saw Starlight Glimmer standing nervously near Rainbow.

"Easier?" asked Rainbow, who didn't notice Loyalty, "You wish."

"Wishes are foolish things to have, Rainbow," said Shadow, their voice flickering and changing with every word, "What one needs to have are goals."

"Like stealing the lives of others?"

"That's simply the base."

Shut up, Shadow, said Loyalty, walking up between Rainbow and Starlight, No one wants to hear your foolish ideas.

"Loyalty," said Shadow, turning her gaze towards her, "So glad you could make it," their horn lit up with dark magic, and blasted it at Loyalty, sending her flying across the terrain, "Now this will be even easier."

"Shut up!" yelled Rainbow, her wings glowing red with magic, "Get out of my magic!"

"Don't you know what that will cause, Rainbow? Getting rid of me?"

"It will make everything safer for me and my friends!"

"Oh, is that what you think?"

"That's what I know!"

Rainbow blasted a beam of magic at Shadow, who blocked it with their magic. In a single flap, Rainbow flew at Shadow, who quickly flew up out of the way. Rainbow chased right after Shadow, shooting beams of magic at them as she flew, but Shadow continued to counter them with their magic.

As the two continued their duel, Starlight quickly hurried over to Loyalty and helped her up off the ground.

Thanks. said Loyalty to Starlight, giving her a quick nod before flying into the air with Rainbow.

Starlight stared at the three in the air, finding herself unable to react in any way to them. Her eyes glazed back to a small red lighting bolt that Loyalty had flown out of, and walked towards it.

"Wait just one second, Rainbow," said Shadow, throwing down a shield that blocked Rainbow and Loyalty, "Why don't I give you a good reason not to get rid of me?"

"You don't have one!" cried Rainbow, blasting through the shield.

"Fine then, I'll show you the hard way!"

Shadow flew down to the turquoise light, and sliced a beam of dark magic through the bottom of it. The light instantly zipped away from where it was, and into the red lightning bolt. Rainbow felt her magic dip slightly in power, and realized what Shadow had done.

"So, you released some of 'my' magic?" she asked, landing on the ground and facing towards Shadow, "What makes you think that will make me let you stay?"

"You want me to do it again? Maybe this time to that light blue unicorn magic that you seem so fond of!"

Shadow quickly whipped their horn around towards the light that was Starlight's magic, and Rainbow automatically blasted another beam of magic at Shadow.

"Stop thinking you can make a deal with me!" yelled Rainbow, "I want you gone!"

Rainbow flew straight at Shadow, who flew up to get out of the way. Loyalty quickly flew above Shadow, who dove back down to avoid both pegasi. Shadow gave a small smirk, before lighting up their horn, again. The lights of magic began to slowly spin around in a large circle, accelerating faster and faster. The lights began to spin so quickly, that Rainbow couldn't stand to look at them, and she was forced to cover her eyes.

"Loyalty!" she called out, "I can't see anything!"

On it! replied Loyalty, before quickly flying around the spinning lights in the reverse directions.

"Ah, Rainbow," said Shadow, hovering in the air above the large red light in the center, "You may think you can defeat me, but you're just a mere pony. A mortal being. Whereas I am a being of pure magic. I won't get tired, and you can't even do anything because you can't see."

"Shut up!" yelled Rainbow, trying to open her eyes, but quickly had to shut them again.

"You will never win. I will always come out first. I turned Luna into Nightmare Moon, what makes you think that you can stop me when she couldn't? I convinced her what was best, and she eventually realized what was right. I was right, and she was wrong. So she let me take over like it should have been, and it was going to be amazing. The Elements may have locked me away, but I came right back without a break.

"You have have removed my influence on Luna when you used the Elements, but you still didn't destroy me. I entered your mind, and you fought back with those same Elements, but I'm still here. You have failed so many times, how do you not understand yet? I will always be here. You can't do anything to change that! You can't stop me! Nopony will ever stop me! So just let me stay here, Rainbow, and it will all be easier for you!"

Loyalty had finally managed to stop the lights from spinning, and Rainbow immediately flew at Shadow, pinning them down on the ground.

"You aren't going to trick me!" she yelled, her wings flaring up brightly with magic, "You aren't going to win this time!"

Shadow suddenly blasted Rainbow with a beam of magic, and she went flying across the area, and landed in front of the red light. She shakily got to her hooves, and stared at Shadow with a look of determination.

"You... won't... win..." she said softly.

"Yes, I will!" yelled Shadow, before blasting another beam of magic at Rainbow.

Shadow's beam of magic was suddenly intercepted by a dark blue beam of magic, which caused both Shadow and Rainbow to look at where it had come from.

"No, you won't." said Twilight with a grin.

"Twilight?!" cried Rainbow in surprise.

"Don't forget about us!" said Pinkie, bouncing out of the red lightning bolt next to Twilight, with her three other friends soon coming into view.

"But how did..." started Rainbow, trailing off as Starlight excited out of the lightning bolt.

"I thought you needed some more help." she Starlight sheepishly.

Rainbow smiled back at Starlight, and took a step towards her friends when Shadow blocked her way.

"You won't win." said Shadow.

You wish! yelled Loyalty, flying up and knocking Shadow out of the way.

Rainbow quickly ran over to her friends, and they all stood side-by-side. Five lights each corresponding with their Elements flowed out of the lightning bolt, and surrounded Rainbow's friends. A light flowed out of the red light in the center towards Rainbow, and surrounded her. The six ponies floated up into the air, and a rainbow began to swirl around them.

"As if!" yelled Shadow, blasting a huge beam of magic at them.

Rainbow's eyes widened in surprise, and the rainbow surrounding them switched to a shield, which blocked Shadow's attack.

How is Shadow resisting the Elements? thought Rainbow nervously, They've never been able to do this before! Why now?

Rainbow noticed that the eight remaining lights of magic surrounding her red magic were glowing slightly brighter, and she also noticed that the patch of Shadow's magic seemed to be stretch out towards the lights.

Shadow is siphoning off my magic! They're using it to fuel their own power!

Rainbow broke away from her friends, and flew towards the medium-sized purple light.

"What do you think you're doing?" yelled Shadow, switching to firing the magic at Rainbow.

Rainbow quickly sliced her wing underneath the purple light, and it instantly vanished. She dodged out of the may of Shadow's beam of magic, and ran towards the next light, which happened to be the pink one. Shadow's eyes widened slightly, and their beam of magic thinned a bit.

"Stop!" yelled Shadow, "You fool, what are you doing?!?"

Rainbow quickly sliced through the pink, yellow, green, and dark blue lights, and each time, Shadow's magic thinned.

"STOP!" screamed Shadow.

Rainbow sliced through the green-yellow and magenta lights, and felt a large majority of her magic fade away. The only remaining light was the light blue one: Starlight's magic. But to get rid of it, she would need to use it. So how-

"Rainbow!" called Starlight, running up to her, "I'll deal with it!"

"Thanks!" said Rainbow, before flying back over to her friends.

The rainbow shield finally broke back into the rainbow beam of magic, which completely surrounded Shadow.

"NO!" yelled Shadow, "NO! YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WIN! YOU WON'T WIN! I WILL COME BACK! YOU WON'T BE RID OF ME THIS EASILY, RAINBOW DASH!"

Rainbow closed her eyes as everything became a blur of colors. She was lowered back to the ground, and opened her eyes. She was standing in front of the red lightning bolt, in a white void. She only saw the red light that represented her magic, but there was something behind it. She walked over to what was behind it, and saw Starlight standing next to the light blue light that represented her magic.

"Starlight?" asked Rainbow, surprising the unicorn.

"Rainbow!" said Starlight, "You did it!"

"But why didn't you take back your magic?"

"Well... I was suppressing it so Shadow couldn't use it, so there was no need to get rid of it."

"But it's your magic. Don't you want it back?"

"I'm already magically talented. I really don't need it."

"But-"

"Think of it as an apology."

"An apology?"

"For creating the alternate timelines, whether they had a positive outcome or not."

"Didn't I say that to you?"

Starlight smiled, "Maybe you're just really quotable."

Rainbow grinned, but it faded when she saw that Starlight was becoming enveloped in a red light.

"Guess you're going back to your universe," said Rainbow, "It was nice to meet you, Starlight."

"You too, Rainbow." said Starlight.

Rainbow started to walk back towards the red lightning bolt, when Starlight called out to her.

"Wait!" Rainbow turned back around, "The me in your universe... She'll have just started her 'evil plan'. She's in north-eastern Equestria, in the middle of the desert. Can you try to stop her now? It's just... I want somepony to go before it's too late and... She does what I do."

"Of course!" said Rainbow, running back over to Starlight, "You're my friend, Starlight Glimmer! I'll make sure to do what I can to help you, even if it's not quite you."

Rainbow gave Starlight a hug, which surprised her. Starlight hugged Rainbow back,until she vanished back to her own universe.

"... Bye..." said Rainbow softly, before walking out of the lightning bolt, and back to her world.

"... Bye..."