• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 4,477 Views, 138 Comments

The First Pony to Time Travel Without a Spell - Razor Blade the Unicron



Rainbow Dash has returned to Equestria, and nothing makes sense. She knows the pegasus that visited her, but if Rainbow had been gone for ninety two years, she should be dead. And she knows that purple unicorn, but she should be an alicorn.

  • ...
3
 138
 4,477

Something Familiar

"It's really big." said Fluttershy.

"No kidding!" said Rainbow, staring up into the sky.

The two pegasi were looking up at a large cloud house in the sky, held in place by magic. There was pools of rainbow gathered in areas, along with a large rainbow arching over the top.

"Are you sure this is for me?" asked Rainbow, turning towards Fluttershy.

"That's what the letter from Princess Luna said. Plus, it has your cutie mark over the doorway."

"Wow, it really is mine... So, I guess I have a house and a job now."

"Oh, when did you get a job?"

"Applied for the weather team and they accepted me really quickly."

"That's great, Rainbow!"

"Yeah. Anyways, thanks for taking me in while I was hurt."

"It's no trouble at all. It's what friends are for."

"I'm going to go look around the place, want to come with me?"

"I'd love to, but it's time to feed the animals."

"That's fine. I'll invite everypony over later. There's a cloud-walking spell in the library that the others can use."

"That sounds like it will be fun. See you later!

"Later, Fluttershy!"

Rainbow flew into the air towards her new house, landing at the door. She saw that there was a note taped onto the door, and plucked it off to read it.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

Since you, like myself, have been gone from Equestria for so long, I thought that you would need a house. So I had this cloud house made for you in the hopes that you would like it. Just think of it as a gift from a friend.

- Princess Luna

Rainbow smiled before entering her new house and looking around. The house was beautifully crafted, with statues and drawing of things such as lighting bolts, wings, and pegasi.

"Wow, you certainly did it all, didn't you, Luna?" said Rainbow to herself while flying up to the bedroom, "There's nothing you could of put in here to possibly make it better!"

Rainbow entered her bedroom and froze. Though she noticed the bed with her cutie mark with lots of books surrounding it, her eyes had fallen on one object in particular.

"And I stand corrected..." said Rainbow, flying over towards the object and taking a note off of it.

I went back to the Castle of the Two Sisters, and I found this here. I'm not sure how it ended up there, but I knew you would want it back - Luna

"My space suit... I can't believe I have it again..."

Rainbow ran her hoof over her beloved space suit, examining it for damages. One of the wing encasements was missing, along with the helmet, and the ends of the sleeves had been cut flat, but other than it it was in perfect condition. Rainbow quickly pulled it on, and found that it still fit her perfectly.

"Heh, it still has the parachute..." she said happily, "Oh! I should show this to Twilight! She would find it awesome!"

Rainbow flew out the window (she would need to find some way to close that later) and headed towards the Golden Oaks Library with a large grin. She landed gently at the entrance, and knocked on the door.

"Hey, Twilight! It's Rainbow, can I show you something?"

"Sure thing!" called Twilight from inside, "Just be careful of the books!"

Rainbow opened the door to see that all of the bookshelves were empty, and instead all of the books were in large stacks.

"Whoa, what are you doing here?" asked Rainbow, carefully weaving through the piles.

"Reorganizing," said Twilight, placing down another stack of books, "Now, what did you want to show me?"

"This!" said Rainbow, landing in front of Twilight and showing off her space suit, "Do ya like it?"

"Wow! Did you make this, Rainbow?" asked Twilight, examining Rainbow's space suit.

"Yep! The helmet and my other wing encasement are missing, but other than that, it's till in perfect condition!"

"Still?"

"Yeah, it's my space suit! I made it to fly into space!"

"Amazing!" said Twilight, looking at Rainbow's wing encasement, "You made it so this metal could fold and unfold just like you wing!"

"There's also a parachute," said Rainbow, "Here, I'll show you!"

Rainbow pulled the small cord she had connecting to her parachute, but it didn't come out. Instead, a small metal object came out of where her parachute should have been.

"Is that you parachute?" asked Twilight, "Because it doesn't look like one."

"No... Wait... Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!" Rainbow quickly picked up the metal object and examined it, "This is my camera! I had it in my helmet so I could prove that I flew into space! I have no idea why it's where my parachute is supposed to be, though."

"You have documented proof of you flying into space."

"As long as the camera still functions!"

"Then let's see it!"

Rainbow played with the buttons on the camera before a small picture finally showed up on it, along with sounds.

"Can you do a projection spell to make it larger?" asked Rainbow.

"Sure thing." said Twilight, her horn lighting up.

The small picture was shown enlarged next to the camera, which Rainbow and Twilight watched with interest. There was a crackle of sound before a voice was heard, along with the picture of a grassy field.

"Oxygen tank filled? Confirmed. Carbon dioxide filter active and working? Confirmed. Emergency parachute available for use? Confirmed. Suit sealed? Confirmed. Wing encasements allowing movement? Confirmed. Helmet secured? Confirmed. Rainbow Dash, you are ready for takeoff."

"That's me!" said Rainbow excitedly, "I'm about to start flying!"

The video continued up until the point where Rainbow said, "Ice encasement forming! Oxygen tank at fifty seven percent, carbon dioxide filter inactive!" before cutting off.

"Wow..." said Twilight, "You really did fly into space..."

"I can't believe that I have complete evidence! We should show this to the others when you guys come to see my house!"

"Wait, you got a house?"

"Yeah! Luna sent it for me! Have you really not noticed the giant cloud house outside?"

"I've been organizing books all day..."

"Well, it's not like you can really even see it from here anyways... But I'll come by later to invite you over to see it!"

"How am I supposed to see you house if I can't walk on clouds?"

"Cloud walking spell. It's in some book in here."

"How do you know that?"

"Uh... I don't know! Weird, I keep knowing all this information, but I don't know how!"

"Maybe it's from some sort of magic?"

"Ugh, it's probably the same magic that won't let me talk about my fillyhood."

"Oh."

Twilight and Rainbow were both silent for a moment.

"Well, uh, see you later, Twilight!" said Rainbow, flying into the air, "And look for that book with the cloud walking spell!"

"Sure thing!"

As Rainbow flew back towards her house, she didn't notice the bit of magic on the side of her ear that was slowly getting larger...