• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 4,469 Views, 138 Comments

The First Pony to Time Travel Without a Spell - Razor Blade the Unicron



Rainbow Dash has returned to Equestria, and nothing makes sense. She knows the pegasus that visited her, but if Rainbow had been gone for ninety two years, she should be dead. And she knows that purple unicorn, but she should be an alicorn.

  • ...
3
 138
 4,469

Showing Loyalty (Part Two)

Rainbow snapped her eyes open, feeling very dizzy. She looked around frantically for the Elements, to see them surrounded by black and blue magic.

"Hey!" she yelled angrily, flying towards the Elements, "Give those back!"

"AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" cackled Nightmare Moon as she formed from the magic, "Not a chance! And it's not like you can even make a spark of magic to make them work, anyways!"

Rainbow flew around backwards, before turning around and flying at Nightmare Moon at a high speed. Nightmare Moon started galloping towards Rainbow, her horn glowing. Just as they were about to crash, Rainbow spun to the side, and landed next to the Elements. She started to grab one of them, when Nightmare Moon teleported right in front of her, tossing Rainbow across the room with her magic.

"Nice try, but all your work will be for nothing!" Nightmare Moon brought her front hooves high, before slamming them down on he ground, shattering the Elements.

Rainbow stared in fear, shocked at what Nightmare Moon had just done. She felt like flying towards the Elements again, when she heard several voices coming her way.

Pinkie! Applejack! Rarity! Twilight! Fluttershy! They're coming! I can't believe that all of my friends are coming to help! Wait a second...

"Do you really think that you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that?" she asked Nightmare Moon smugly.

"Because the Elements of Harmony are right here!" said Twilight, with the others just behind her.

Rainbow flashed Twilight a smile as she walked next to her, also smiling.

"What do you mean?" asked Nightmare angrily.

"You may have destroyed the physical Elements," said Twilight, sharing a knowing look with Rainbow, "But the spirits of the Elements are right here!"

The shards of the Elements began glowing, and floating slowly into the air, much to Nightmare Moon's surprise.

"Rainbow Dash, who didn't know whether or not I would come to look for the Elements with her, but still waited, represents the Element of Loyalty!"

Several of the shards glowed red, and began to circle Rainbow.

"Applejack, who we trusted when she said to avoid several trees, represents the Element of Trust!"

More shards began to glow (this time green), and started circling Applejack.

"Rarity, who decided to test the bridge without a thought about herself and only for her friends, represents the Element of Selflessness!"

Nightmare Moon began to panic as several shard glowed purple and circled Rarity.

"Fluttershy, who calmly approached the Timberwolf without knowing what was wrong, but just wanted to help, represents the Element of Empathy!"

Fluttershy flinched a little as shards glowing yellow circled her, but remained standing with the others.

"Pinkie, who smiled and laughed when we were fearful to help us overcome our fears, represents the Element of Positive Energy!"

Pinkie bounced happily as shards glowing pink started circling her.

"But the spell didn't work!" said Nightmare Moon, "The sixth Element didn't appear!"

"It wasn't a spell that was needed! The sixth Element will appear when all becomes clear! And I know what's clear: that these five ponies are my friends!"

In a large glowing light, a final stone appeared, floating above Twilight.

"You see Nightmare Moon, the final Element is what brings all of us together now. It's the Element of Magic! Because Friendship is Magic!"

Everypony was lifted into the air, the Elements forming into gems around them. Rainbow smiled, happy that they were going to finally stop Nightmare Moon.

Back to the moon with you, Shadow!

Rainbow's eyes snapped open in surprise, as she looked at Nightmare Moon, who was motionless.

What was that? thought Rainbow as a rainbow began spinning around them.

We are going to banish Shadow back to the moon!

Who said that? And what do you mean?

The shadows corrupting Luna cannot stay here! And for that to be so, they must both go back to the moon!

No! Luna is my friend! I don't want her sent back to the moon!

But you can't do anything now! We are going to send her back! It's too late!

"No it isn't!" yelled Rainbow out loud.

Rainbow flew away from the others, just as the rainbow came spinning towards Nightmare Moon. Rainbow quickly landed in front of her, spreading out her wings protectively.

"I won't let you send Luna back!"

Twilight's eyes opened, and she looked at Rainbow in surprise, but saying nothing. The rainbow came towards Rainbow, loosing the red in it. Suddenly, the red gem hovering in front of Rainbow lit up, blasting out a beam of red magic at the Rainbow.

What are you doing, Rainbow?!? You're betraying your friends!

No, I'm not! Luna is my friend! I'm loyal to all of my friends!

Loyal to all of your friends? Are you saying you're being loyal by protecting Luna and Shadow?

Who is Shadow?

Luna told you that she was corrupted by shadows, right?

How do you know that? And who are you anyways?

She wan't corrupted by shadows, she was corrupted by Shadow!

But who is Shadow? Is Shadow some evil pony?

Shadow is not a pony. Shadow is an entity. An entity of pure evil and corruption. It is unknown how Shadow came into being, but it thrives off of others, by fueling the smallest amount of hate or jealousy to continue on and be evil.

But I'm still not letting Luna go to the moon again!

Fine, but I need to ask you something before you commit to that decision.

What?

How Loyal are you going to be?

I'll be Loyal to my friends until the end! All of them!

All of them?

I've said this already! To all of my friends! No matter how hard it is!

Okay, then. Just to let you know: you just rewrote everyone's destiny.

I what?!?

The red beam of magic coming from Rainbow's gem suddenly softened, joining in with the rest of the rainbow from the other Elements. The rainbow slowly spiraled above Rainbow, and towards Nightmare Moon once again. However, it was no longer go straight towards her, instead, it was spinning around her.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" cried out Nightmare Moon, as the rainbow completely surrounded her.

There was a flash of light, and the rainbow vanished. Rainbow continued standing, her wings open protectively, as her friends were lowered softly on to the ground.

"Twilight?" asked Rainbow, flying over to her, "Are you guys okay?"

Twilight got up slowly, but she wasn't hurt. The others also got up, but none of them seemed hurt either.

"Ooooh!!!" said Pinkie suddenly, "That looks so cool, Rarity!"

"What?" Rarity looked down at her neck to see her Element of Harmony in a necklace, shaped like her cutie mark, "Oh that's lovely!"

Each pony looked down at their necklaces, each matching them. Rarity had a purple gem, Fluttershy had a yellow butterfly, Applejack had a green apple, Pinkie had a pink balloon, and Twilight had a blue spark of magic.

"Rainbow, your's looks amazing, too. said Fluttershy.

Rainbow looked down for her necklace, but didn't see one. She then looked up to see that she was instead wearing a crown with a red lightning bolt adorning it.

"Whoa..." said Rainbow, looking at in in surprise.

"Well Twilight, Ah reckon that you're right!" said Applejack, "Ah mean, when ya said that we were the Elements of Harmony, Ah though you meant that we were powerin' 'em up, but Ah guess you mean it literally! But Ah guess we really do represent the Elements!"

"Indeed you do."

All of the ponies looked up in surprise as the sun rose back into the sky. With a quick flash of light, Princess Celestia appeared in front of the six. Each pony automatically bowed, but Twilight ran up to her eagerly.

"Princess Celestia!" she said happily, "You're okay!"

"I am proud of you for finding the Elements of Harmony, and understanding the magic of friendship." said Princess Celestia, her eyes wandering over each pony, and stopping at Rainbow, who had run over to Luna, "And now it is time for another to understand the same."

"Sister?" asked Luna, who looked much different than on the moon, "Is that you?"

"Yes," Celestia practically ran up to Luna, and gave her a hug, "Oh, how I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you, too!" Luna hugged Celestia back, "But I've also missed another..."

Celestia gave Luna an odd look before letting her go. Luna then walked over to Rainbow, a smile on her face.

"I see you made it back safely." said Luna happily.

"I'm just glad that you're not stuck on the moon again!" said Rainbow, resisting the urge to hug Luna in front of all the others, "That's what the Elements were planning to do originally."

"Originally?"

"Luna," interrupted Celestia, "Do you know this pony already?"

"Yes!" said Luna, turning towards Celestia.

"How?"

"In space," interrupted Rainbow, "She saved my life."

Celestia raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"And how did you end up in space?"

"Well, I was interested in going- watch out!"

Rainbow suddenly pushed Luna away rather hard, just as a cloud of black magic had been going to hit her. Instead, it ended up hitting Rainbow, causing her to collapse on the ground. Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy all let out a gasp, running up to Rainbow as the magic black circled around her.

"Do not touch her!" said Celestia suddenly.

"Why not?" asked Twilight nervously.

"She is fighting." said Luna.

"Fighting? Who is she fighting?" asked Fluttershy.

"The shadows that fed off of my jealousy were released from me by the Elements of Harmony. And now, Rainbow Dash is fighting those same shadows."

"That's just awful!" said Rarity.

"Can we help her at all?" asked Applejack.

"Perhaps if she fights it enough, it will give you an opening to help." said Celestia.

"Yay!" said Pinkie, "We're gonna help!"

"How exactly?" asked Twilight.

"If her Element starts to glow," said Luna, "Then you should stand in a circle around her with yours, and you will join in the battle."

"What if her Element doesn't glow?" asked Fluttershy.

"It will," said Luna, "I can tell. The shadows will do something to try and pull her away from her friends, but she is the most Loyal pony I have ever seen. Did you not see her protecting me when the Elements unleashed the first rainbow? She didn't want me sent back to the moon, and showed her Loyalty to both you five and I."

"Wait," said Twilight, "Rainbow had said something about the Elements sending you back to the moon originally. What does that mean?"

"I do not know," said Princess Celestia, "And that greatly worries me. However, I don't think that Rainbow Dash is even fighting alone right now."

Rainbow's Element was sparkling brightly, yet not glowing. The shadows surrounded Rainbow were spinning faster, and Rainbow looked very mad.

"How much longer until her Element starts to glow?" asked Rarity.

"Soon," said Luna, "We just need to wait for her to show even more Loyalty."