• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 362 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Will Live On - Tropical Beats



Nightingale Swirl, Ivory Lace, Cinnamon Crush, Bubble Lime, Sky Breeze, Bunnyflower, and Cocoa Pop. An awkward group of friends who will love one another no matter what life throws at them.

  • ...
3
 17
 362

Chapter Five: Off To Fillydelphia!

After Nightingale had read aloud parts of the diary, she and Cocoa Pop were in dead silence. They couldn't make up what was going on. Nightingale tried to process how it all could've happened. A unicorn turning into an alicorn? Elements of Harmony? There's a tree? A creature named Discord? Time Travel? Sunset Shimmer, and another world is out there? Another that is almost the same as this one? Nightingale looked at the mirror in the corner of the room. Ponies were crowded around it looking amazed. If only she could tell them all... And Starlight Glimmer? Time Travel? Nightingale and Cocoa Pop were having the same confused spinning in their heads.

"I think I would like to see this Tree Of Harmony." Nightingale said after what seemed like hours.

"But, Nightingale!" Cocoa exclaimed in shock, "That could be dangerous!"

Nightingale sighed. "I know, I know. It's just... I need to understand what's going on. These elements, how does nopony know them? How does somepony forget a group on ponies who were once the heroines of Equestria?!" Nightingale could've sworn that there was a a faint glow in the corner that looked like a pony and walked towards it. It look like a... Lavender alicorn?! She had a midnight blue mane with a thin streak of hot pink and purple on the side left side of her horn and at the bottom of her tail. Her cutiemark resembeld the same hot pink star with the five surrounding stars and one at the back of the hot pink, just like on the book.

"Nightingale! What are you doing?!" Cocoa asked in worry. But Nightingale didn't listen and she was sure she heard a voice come from the faint glow.

"You can do this, Princess." The glow said and slowly vanished, leaving poor Nightingale in shock.

"D-did you see that?!" Nightingale exclaimed to Cocoa Pop.

"Uh... See what?"

Nightingale shook her head. "Did you not see that glow in the corner?"

"Nightingale, I think you're going crazy..."

"Cocoa in the loco!" A high pitched voice said from behind the two talking ponies (yes I know Cocoa Pop is a dragon!).

Nightingale and Cocoa Pop spun themselves around to see a red mare with a long wavy and puffy mane that was green and yellow. Her eyes were bright pink. Her cutie mark had a bubble in the shape of a lime, and she wore the most welcoming smile they have ever seen "Hiya there!" The mare squeaked once again, "I'm Bubble Lime!"

"Oh. Well, Bubble Lime. My name is Nightingale Swirl, and this is my faithful assistant, Cocoa Pop." Nightingale replied to the earth pony's warm welcome.

"Well, nice to meet you! I've come here all the time because my mom and dad my three sisters still live in that rock farm right outside of Ponyville! I actually live in Fillydelphia. And even though I live there I still know the names and birthdays of everypony, and I really don't recall seeing you two here, and I was like, let me say hi! And I was like hiya! and you guys said high and now we can be friends! I can show you my friends back at Fillydelphia! There's my bestie, Breezie, then there's my maybe cousin, CC! And I can't forget timid little Bunny! And last but not least, Ivy! she's super fashionable! She always makes shiny sparkly things! And I can't forget everypony else over there! There's..." And Bubble Lime went on a talking rampage about Fillydelphia.

"Uh... Bubble Lime..?" Nightingale said, "Cocoa and I actually have someplace else to go, And-

"And we won't mind coming over to Fillydelphia straight after!" Cocoa Pop interrupted

"Oh, goodie! I'll tell all my friends!" And like that, Bubble Lime darted out the door screaming something from a giant megaphone that was deafening to anypony who heard it (WB Academy flashback anyone?), "I NEED TO CATCH THE TRAIN! DON'T FORGET TO COME!!!"

After they recovered, Nightingale turned to Cocoa Pop. "Why in Equestria did you tell her that we would COME?!"

"We hardly get out so why don't we just hang with her and her friends a bit..? Hehehe..." She chuckled nervously.

Nightingale sighed. "Fine... Now let's use the map in the book to find the tree, shall we?" Cocoa nodded her head and they both set off to the Everfree Forest.

After encounters with the timberwolves and finally seeing through the darkness of the forest, both Nightingale and Cocoa Pop made it safely (more or less) to the tree. In front of them was a tree that seemed to be made of crystal, and had five elements around it, and the marks of the princesses back then underneath the sixth element was stored within the tree. It brightly shined and and Nightingale was sure that she heard the voice that belonged to that glow earlier that day. "Princess! You can do this. You need other ponies in your life. I assure you, when this is done you'll realize and go back to Canterlot to apologize to those you've wronged."

Nightingale felt shaky. She didn't have another vision, but she got knowledge. It was all on the tree. She seemed to know how Celestia and Luna found it. She knew about the elements and how they got there. She was sure the little glow had something to do with it. "Cocoa Pop..." She whimpered, "W-we NEED to go to Fillydelphia. I really think that Bubble Lime and those other mares she mentioned can help us.

Cocoa Pop blinked in disbelief. "Okay... I'll get the guards to come..."

Author's Note:

So... Yea...:twilightsmile:
You can teel the "faint glow" is Twilight, right? If you don't then...:ajbemused:
Oh well, I saw how this story was doing today and it's better than yesterday!:raritystarry: an

4 likes, 2 dislikes, and 49 views, and 5 comments! :pinkiehappy:
Thanks for the support by two people! deadpansnarker and Starry Wisp They are my friends, my COOKIES!:raritywink: