• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 363 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Will Live On - Tropical Beats



Nightingale Swirl, Ivory Lace, Cinnamon Crush, Bubble Lime, Sky Breeze, Bunnyflower, and Cocoa Pop. An awkward group of friends who will love one another no matter what life throws at them.

  • ...
3
 17
 363

Chapter Two: Leaving Canterlot

Nightingale galloped as quick as she could back to her room which was three floors below the Canterlot Archives, with the book levitated next to her.

"Who could this belong to? Why have I never seen this before? And why can't I remember where I saw this symbol? Even Mrs. Chestnut doesn't remember the symbol on this book. Scratch that, She's never SEEN this book before! How come?!" Nightingale began yelling to herself. Guards were looking at her confused as she sped past them, questioning what she was yelling to herself. It wasn't until Nightingale closed her eyes in trying to remember where she saw that symbol until she bumped into something. Or somepony...

"Miss Swirl! What's got you in a rush?"

Nightingale shook her head as she opened her eyes to reveal a red pegasus with a green mane before her, the stallion's teal eyes staring down at her. Nightingale immediately blushed as she looked down. "Solar Rays! I'm so sorry!" The blue filly managed to squeak out.

"It's okay." Solar got up and held his hoof out to her. "Need some help?"

Nightingale could feel her face get hotter. "Err... Sure..." Nightingale replied. "And you know, you don't have to call me Miss Swirl. Just Nightingale." She said when she was back on all four hooves.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Solar said with a smile on his face.

"How's being a royal in training going for you?" Nightingale asked, calming down a bit.

"Oh, it's going great! I have a final test to determined if I can become a royal guard or not." A sudden frown appeared on the stallion's muzzle. "I'm actually kinda afraid I'll mess it up..."

"I'm sure that you'll do just fine, Rays." Nightingale tried her best to hide the massive blush on her face. It's not like she'd have a chance with Solar Rays. He's training to become a royal guard! And I she does is study and have no friends or any connection to any other ponies! But I does study under the Princess of Equestria so... No! Snap out of it Nightingale! If Rays does like you, it'll be for who you are, not your social standard. He's not like those other stuck-up Canterlot Ponies... Nightingale's thoughts were circling around on Solar Rays, forgetting the book floating besides her. She really did like him ever since they met...

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Nightingale was running down the halls of Canterlot Castle towards the thrown room.

"Princess Spectrum!" She exclaimed. "I'm here! What's the urgent emergency?!"

"Well... It's not the most urgent thing... I just wanted you to meet the royal guards in training." The princess replied nervously.

"Ooh, Princess." Nightingale said rolling her eyes with a slight smile on her face. "You're quite the troll."

"Thank you, Miss Swirl." Replied Spectrum. "Now, here we have Eclipse."

Nightingale observed the stallion. He was a unicorn with a purple coat with a curly white mane, and diamond blue eyes. He looked worried. Hmm... She though to herself. I bet the other two will as nervous as this one. Maybe even more times infinity! Nightingale giggled at her remark as the princess introduced the next stallion.

"This is Fast Flight."

Fast Flight was a grey pegasus pony with a flat brown mane and magenta eyes. He looks more calm. Nightingale observed, And he shows no trace of worry on his face... She thought.

"And here, we have Solar Rays."

The red pegasus looked like he was about to get sent to the moon. He looked so nervous. His bright teal eyes were twitching, and his green tail kept flicking back and forth. "He looks awful." Nightingale whispered to the princess and chuckled. "I'll see if I can help him. The other two seem stable, but he looks like he's about to collapse." Nightingale giggled to the princess.

"Okay." she replied back with a smile. "Guards in training are dismissed!" And like that, all three of the stallions scurried out.

Nightingale went out the throne room and saw Solar Rays and walked up to him "Hello there. I'm Nightingale Swirl." Nightingale kindly greeted him and the two began talking.

~~~

"Uh... Nightingale...?" The voice of somepony snapped Nightingale out of her daydream and back to real life.

"Oh! Solar Rays!" She said.

"I've got to go. See you another time?"

"Uh... Sure!" She said, wanting to spend lots more time with him. "See you later. I've got some place to get to as well." And like that, Nightingale continued down the hall.

"You blew it again, Solar! When will you ask her?!" Solar Rays yelled at himself as soon as Nightingale was out of hearing distance.

~~~

Nightingale was in hallway where he room was. As soon as she got on the second floor, she stopped running and began to slowly walk. "Ah... Now, I can just find a book to see where this symbol is from. Cocoa should be awake from her nap by the time I get there, and then I'll ask the princess what she knows about this symbol if I still have questions." Nightingale thought aloud to herself, "It's the perfect plan!" She said with her eyes beaming, clapping her hooves together. At that moment, Nightingale could hear giggles. "What in Equestria?"

Nightingale turned from the corner and saw four mares standing in front of her door with Cocoa Pop. "Oh no..." Nightingale murmured under the breath.

"Hey, Nightingale!" Cocoa Pop exclaimed, "Come and join us!"

Nightingale sighed. "Hey, girls... Coming!" Nightingale walked over to them as slowly as she could. "What are you four doing here?" Nightingale questioned her four 'friends' as to why they were here.

"Soft Song is having a get-together today, remember?" Scarlet Heart replied.

"Yeah! I sat on a two hour train ride to get here from Fillydelphia!" Star exclaimed.

"And you promised us AND Soft Song that you'll come." Starlight Wishes said with a stern look on her face.

"So let's go!" Beaming Rays exclaimed.

"Oh... Uh... I've got some important work from Princess Spectrum I have to complete..." Nightingale said with an unsure smile, "So bye!" Nightingale used her magic to teleport the mares to Soft Song's home.

"Hey!" Cocoa Pop exclaimed. Nightingale turned around to see her chocolate brown dragon assistant have a mad look on her face, "What was that for?!"

Nightingale stroked Cocoa's beige scales. "I'm sorry, but I found something and I need to check it out". Cocoa let baby pink fire escape her mouth and burned Nightingale's face,

"Cocoa..." She groaned as she fixed herself with magic.

"What was so important that we had to miss Soft Song's get-together?!" Cocoa snapped.

"This..." Nightingale said holding up 'Diary Of A Princess'.

"Oh... So this book is more important then hanging out with your friends... Even though one of them is the sister of your crush..." Cocoa said with a smirk.

"Cocoa!" Nightingale said with a mad blush on her face.

"Kidding, kidding, kidding... I feel like I've seen this before. But I don't know where..." Cocoa trailed off on her words.

"That's why I brought it. Let's find out what it is!"

"Okay, but... What do I do with this?" Cocoa Pop held up a purple box with a yellow bow on it, "It's a gift for Soft Song."

"We don't need that." Nightingale levitated the present up on the night table, "Now come on!" She urged.

Cocoa Pop did nothing but let out a faint sigh. "Coming..." She said bluntly.

~~~

"No, No, No, No, No, UGH!" Nightingale let out a yell of frustration, "I can't find anything!"

"Me either." Cocoa's voice could be heard all the way from the other side of the room. "And it's all ready midnight!" hoofsteps (or clawsteps, anything you want) could be heard coming towards Nightingale. "I'm starting to think this is a lost cause." The small figure said.

"So do I, Cocoa..." Nightingale sighed.

"Have you read that book yet?" Cocoa yawned.

At that moment, Nightingale's ears perked up. "N-no..." She said, "But I'll start. I'm still concerned why it's called 'Diary Of A Princess'." Nightingale opened the book and shook it to get the dust out. "What's this?" She said staring at a small piece of writing on the first page. "From one to another. Another to one. A mark of one's destiny singled out alone fulfilled." Nightingale's eyes both had a star twinkle in them for a second, and a hot pink aurora swirled around her horn.

"Uh... Nightingale...?" Cocoa said in worry.

Yet, Nightingale didn't hear her and kept reading. "From all of us together. Together we are friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end." The book began to glow hot pink as a hot pink bust of magic hit Nightingale in the head.

"Nightingale!" Cocoa Pop screamed in fright, "Are you Alright?!"

But Nightingale couldn't hear as something from the past was playing in her head.

~~~

All of a sudden, the lavender unicorn's element began to glow pure white, and a magic force came out pushing her friends aside. Then, magical auroras were around the other Elements of Harmony matching the color of the element. A sudden red bust of magic of the cyan pegasus's element flung out to Twilight. Then, the pink earth pony's element. Then, the country pony, white unicorn, and yellow pegasus had their elements fire at her. A white force field formed around the young unicorn. She was worried, but the smiled and put her head down as she disappeared in a flash, her cutie mark burnt on the floor where she was standing.

"What happened?!" The yellow pegasus questioned in fright. S

creams escaped the muzzles of the pink yellow and white mares.

"Oh no!" the blue pegasus yelled.

"Where did she go?!" The orange earth pony asked unsure of what just happened.

~~~

"Cocoa!" Nightingale exclaimed.

"What?"

"I don't know why, but somethings telling me that we HAVE to go to Ponyville. Right now!"

"Wait... What?! Why?" Cocoa Pop questioned.

"I... I... I don't know! Just start packing! I'll tell the princess I'll taking a break off studies. I'm sure she'd actually want me to do it, so we should have no trouble at all."

Cocoa Pop stared at her in confusion, but let it pass. "Alright... If you say so!"

Author's Note:

Okay, I'm going to submit this now! :raritystarry:

I hope you enjoyed! And yes, I put a shipping with only two chapters into the story cuz imma shipper!:raritywink:

Cya ponies!:duck: