• Published 23rd Jul 2016
  • 362 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship Will Live On - Tropical Beats



Nightingale Swirl, Ivory Lace, Cinnamon Crush, Bubble Lime, Sky Breeze, Bunnyflower, and Cocoa Pop. An awkward group of friends who will love one another no matter what life throws at them.

  • ...
3
 17
 362

Chapter One: An Unexpexted Appearence

"Read that. Read that. Read that too many times...Ugh!" Nightingale Swirl groaned as she threw the three books she had levitated on the ground.

"Is everything okay, Nightingale?" The midnight blue mare spun herself around to see an elder pale blue mare before her. She saw the worry in her muddy brown eyes.

"Y-yes Mrs. Chestnut." Nightingale sighed, "It's just, I've come here to the Canterlot Archives ever since I was a filly. I read every book and scroll here way more than once, and now finding something new just becomes harder and harder. And I'm pretty sure I've read just about every book and scroll on these shelves."

"Oh come now, dear. I've had plenty of trouble finding books I've never read before in the past as well." Mrs. Chestnut reassured. Nightingale only hung her head low and stared at the ground. Mrs. Chestnut put her arm around the young filly's neck and tried to rise her spirits up. "Tell you what. How about I whip us up some hot chocolate and we read "Down The Road" by the fire?"

Nightingales ears perked up. She turned her head towards the old pony who had a warm smile on her face. She looked at her mane. Oh how beautiful her mane was when she was younger. Mrs. Chestnut's brown and purple mane was faded in color. Nightingale remembered when they used to do in the fast when she was filly and Mrs. Chestnut was just a young teen. Chessy was her foalsitter, and the best one too! Whenever Nightingale was feeling down, she was Chessy would come here to the archives and read "Down The Road" by the fire while drinking hot cocoa. The memories were flowing back to her.

~~~

"Wow, Chessy you make the best hot chocolate!" little Nightingale squeaked.

"Best batch of hot chocolate for the best filly in all of Equestria!" Almond Chestnut replied.

Nightingale giggled as Chestnut ruffled her mane.

"Now let's get back to "Down The Road". What do you think will happen?" Almond teased knowing that the unicorn before her knew exactly what would happen.

"Chessy! I know what happens! Why do you always have to ask?"

"Just so you remember!" Chestnut winked and Nightingale winked back as the two of them giggled. Suddenly, a small smile appeared on Almond's face. "The Canterlot Archives sure are amazing. I hope that one day, I'll get to run it." Chestnut sighed.

"Don't worry, Chessy! You're one of the smartest ponies I know! You'll easily get the job! I just know you will!" Nightingale enthusiastically replied.

"Thanks, Swirly. Now how about we really get back to "Down The Road" this time?"

"Ya!" Nightingale exclaimed as she cuddled next to Chestnut and let her stroke her lavender and pink mane as she listened to the story.

When it was over, Chestnut asked who was Nightingale's favorite character. "Aqua, of course! My eyes are Aqua just like her name is Aqua! Not to mention, she's a super strong, kind, loving, smart earth pony! Just like you!"

"Aw... Thanks, Swirly. Wanna know my favorite?"

"Mmhm!"

"My favorite is Midnight Dream because she's a brave and smart filly unicorn who's talented with magic. Just. Like. You."

Both of them shared a laughed and walked back to Nightingale's house.

~~~

"Swirly?" Mrs. Chestnut said breaking Nightingale's thoughts, unaware of it.

"Oh! Yea. I'd love to, Chessy." Nightingale quickly replied. Almond Chestnut smiled as she went off to make the hot cocoa.

After they read the story and finished the cocoa Nightingale said she'll clean the mess she made trying to look for something new to read.
Almond agreed and said that she had to get back to work.

"Alright, clean up time!" An aqua aurora surrounded all the books and scrolls on the floor and Nightingale swiftly levitated then with no trouble it wasn't until something saw something on the shelf. "What's this?" Nightingale levitated it towards her and put everything back into their rightful spots. She then turned her attention to the small book before her. It read, 'Diary Of A Princess'.

"Huh? I've never seen this before. And I'm sure I've cleared every shelf here in the archives." Nightingale tired to remember a time she'd seen this book, but with no avail. She examined the cover. It was a lavender book with a hot pink star surrounded by five whites ones, and a white star behind the pink one. "Hmm? I'm sure I've seen this symbol before." Above the star, in golden thread the title was there. There was a strap with a gold button stuck to another. She opened the book and sneezed with the amount of dust within the pages. "Wow! It's like this book has been here for more than a century!" Nightingale quickly closed to book and galloped to the check-out.

"Mrs. Chestnut, have you seen this book before?" Chestnut examined the book carefully.

"I'm afraid not. I've never seen it before. You can take it for free if you want." Chestnut offered.

"Thanks. But do you know what this symbol on it represents?"

"It looks very familiar, but I cannot remember."

Nightingale sighed. "Thanks anyways." She flashed a smile and trotted out the archives.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! :pinkiehappy:
This is my very first chapter for my very first story, so I hope that yo enjoy! :raritywink:
(u can't rlly see the story until the second chapter cuz it takes 1,000 words for a story to get published :rainbowlaugh:)