• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 4,347 Views, 56 Comments

Battle of the Moon and Sun - EASTON



Princess Luna's sister returns after 1000 years on the moon and Twilight sparkle will do everything in her power to stop her and defend her country and her mother.

  • ...
5
 56
 4,347

Chapter 5 = The three mares. (Part1)

Ponyville: Park Eighth hour

Twilight and Minuette were walking through Ponyville Park in search of the pegasus that was in charge of clearing the sky for the Night crown celebration, a mare named Rainbow Dash, and according to Twilight, she was a poor choice since the sky was still filled with clouds.

"So how exactly does this mare look like?"

"You'll know it's her once you see her." It was the only answer Minuette gave.

Suddenly a cyan pegasus crashed into Twilight pushing causing them both to land in a mud pit. When the pegasus rose up she gave a nervous laugh and then apologized, "Excuse me." She then laughed once again much less nervously. "Let me help you." She then grabbed a nearby cloud and made a small shower over Twilight completely soaking her. "Oops. I guess I over did it." She then tried to come up with a solution which turned out to be a small tornado, "How about this, my very own rainblow-dry. No, no. Don't thank me. You're quite welcome." However the due to the rapid dry, Twilight's mane was left all puffy and frizzled causing her 'benefactor' to fall down laughing in a mocking tone and even Minuette was giggling but obviously holding a laugh just as intense.

Twilight noticed the mare's most obvious trait, her rainbow mane. "Let me guess, you're Rainbow Dash"

The pegasus then stopped laughing and stood with pride. "The one and only. Why? You've heard of me?"

"I've heard you are supposed to be keeping the sky clear. *Sigh* I am Twilight Sparkle and I'm here as the royal inspector for the 'Night Crown Celebration' and I would like to know the status on the weather."

"Yeah, yeah. That'll be a snap. I'll do it in a jiffy, just as soon as I'm done practicing."

"Practicing for what?"

"The Wonderbolts!" The Wonderbolts were a team of Equestria's most talented flyers but it was also a part of the military and even though they have their own ranks among them, should they be required to participate in military acts they would receive special ranks: recruits/reserve members were given the special rank of Shadow, which was between Recruit and Royal Guard; actual members got the rank of Bolt, standing between Royal Guard and Royal Captain/Night Guard; the leader was given the rank of Wonder, placing him or her at an equal to the Lieutenant and Night Captains. "They're going to perform at the celebration tomorrow and I'm going to show them my stuff."

"Please. They would never accept a pegasus who can't even keep the sky clear for one measly day."

"Hey. I can clear this sky in 10 seconds flat."

"Prove it."

As soon as Twilight said this Rainbow Dash put on a determined look, she would not be underestimated. She then started dashing around the sky with some very complicated maneuvers, and in exactly 10 seconds the sky was clear of clouds. "See. What I'd say? Ten seconds flat. I never leave Ponyville hanging." Twilight was left speechless, even some wonderbolts couldn't do that. "You should see look on your face. You're a laugh Twilight Sparkle. I can't wait to hang out some more." And with that she left.

Minuette then approached the still speechless Twilight. "I can see you're surprised, but you shouldn't be, after all she's a Lieutenant."

"Wait what!?"

"You've heard me. She's a Lieutenant which means she's part of the Gem Soldiers. One of the two in Ponyville."

"Wow. But then, why does she want to join the Wonderbolts?"

"She doesn't care about rank. Her dream is to become one of them, after all, her special talen is flying. She joined so she could help Equestria if needed."

"I see. Well we best be going to town hall so I can check on the decorations, according to the list that should be assigned to a unicorn named Rarity."

Minuette flinched upon hearing the name. "Maybe we should fix your mane first."

"No need. Now let's go."

Author's Note:

I've decided to put the three meetings in three different chapters but they will be rather short. :rainbowderp::twilightblush:
However it still remains; the meetings will be done by November tops.
The actual main story will resume in "Pinkie Pie's party" where the AU part of this world will continue.