• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 4,347 Views, 56 Comments

Battle of the Moon and Sun - EASTON



Princess Luna's sister returns after 1000 years on the moon and Twilight sparkle will do everything in her power to stop her and defend her country and her mother.

  • ...
5
 56
 4,347

Chapter 9 = Party at the Library

Ponyville: Golden Oak Library Thirteenth hour

Twilight and Minuette had arrived at their destination: the Golden Oak Library. Here Twilight, Minuette and the other two guards would spend the rest of their time until the celebration.

When they entered the room was all dark. "Uhm?" Twilight was confused as to why there was no light in the building, "Hello, guards?"

Then the lights came to life at the same time some confetti guns went off, "Surprise!" When Twilight saw who was the pony responsible for the act she noticed it was the pink mare that ran away from her earlier. "Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie and I set up this party just for you. Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya?"

"Well it's not much of a party if there's only five ponies around is it? And yes I was surprised." Twilight turned to the two guards that had accompanied her, "Care to explain?"

One of the guards opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Pinkie, "Oh, pick me, let me. I can explain." The pink mare approached Twilight with a clear disregard for personal space. "Y'see, I saw you when you first got here, remember? You were all 'Excuse me' and I was all *gasp*, remember? Y'see I've never saw you before and if I've never saw you before that means you're new, 'cause I know everypony, and I mean everypony in Ponyville! And if you're new, that meant you haven't met anyone yet, and if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, then I had an idea, and that's why I went *gasp*! I must throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville!"

Twilight once again turned to her guards for an explanation. "We did the background check you requested for anypony suspicious and when we saw Lieutenant Pie was a member of the Gem Soldiers we thought there was nothing to worry about."

Twilight gave a short glare to the two pegasi then turned to Pinkie. "First: I do have friends, Minuette and Lyra. Second: you're a Lieutenant?"

"You don't have to call me that, call me Pinkie. I know I may not seem like it but when it's needed I can be very profesional and serious. Any way, maybe you already have some friends, but this is your chance to make more, after all, you can never have too many friends. Ponies will start coming for your welcoming party soon so let's get ready."

----------

Eighteenth hour

According to Minuette, nearly half the town had shown up and Pinkie kept saying that more ponies would arrive as time passed. Twilight had gotten a chance to meet some of the town's residents and even meet up with the four mares that had been in charge of the celebration arrangements. However Twilight needed a little break and entered the balcony. The party was fun and all but she knew that tomorrow would not be the day civilians were expecting, she looked up at the moon and saw that the three stars were almost aligned with the moon.

The moment didn't last too long though. Minuette entered the balcony following Twilight. "What's up? What are you doing out here and not inside enjoying the party?"

"Oh, I junst needed a breather."

Minuette answered in a joking tone, "Don't tell the Young Princess only likes fancy parties."

To answer Twilight used the most fancy accent she could come up with, "Why, Miss Minuette, what ever do you mean?" Afterwards they both shared a laugh.

Minuette then looked up at the sky. "Beautiful isn't it, a perfect sky for the celebration. I can hardly believe it's been a millennia since the defeat of the sun alicorn."

"Believe it, and it has been that long since my mom became ruler of Equestria."

Suddenly the door opened and the pony to enter the balcony was Lyra. "Hey girls." She then chuckled nervously, she was worried no doubt. "Uhm, Minuette, you wouldn't happen to have seen Bonbon around have you? I'm kind of worried, we were supposed to meet back at our place three hours ago TOPS."

"Sorry Lyra I haven't"

Twilight noticed how worried her friend was and thought maybe there was a small chance she saw her during the party. "Maybe I've seen her, how does she look like?"

Lyra turned to her friend, the chances were slim but it was worth a shot. "She has a cream colored coat and a blue mane with a pink streak in the middle, her cutie mark is three pieces of candy."

Twilight thought back to ponies she had seen around town and during the party but none seem to mach the description. "Sorry, can't think of anypony like that."

"It's okay."

Minuette then went over to confort her friend. "Don't worry maybe she just got held up and is now at your place or maybe she saw the party and is somewhere around here. She's bound to turn up eventually, so lets just enjoy YP's party."

Lyra looked at Minuette and smiled "Yea, you're right." And thus the three ponies went back inside to enjoy the party.

----------

Hour zero

It was at that moment the stars aligned with the moon setting the ancient alicorn free causing the mare in the moon to disappear. And at the castle of the two sisters she returned.

Author's Note:

So, PokemonSunMoon were awsome, posibly the best games in the series thus far... :derpytongue2:

But you guys probably don't care about that. Sorry I took my sweet time to post this but I was hooked on these games not stopping because I always want to play games and get as much % of completion possible. :twilightblush:
I'll try to get them out more regularly now, but I will probably make the future chapters longer since these have been short to get readers up to the situation so those might take longer to write. :rainbowderp:
Thank you all for your patience.