• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 4,349 Views, 56 Comments

Battle of the Moon and Sun - EASTON



Princess Luna's sister returns after 1000 years on the moon and Twilight sparkle will do everything in her power to stop her and defend her country and her mother.

  • ...
5
 56
 4,349

Chapter 2 = Assignments

Canterlot Castle: Throne Room Fifth hour

Luna stood up from her throne and spoke, "Now it is time you receive your missions for tomorrow.

"As you know tomorrow, we'll be celebrating the anniversary of my rise to the throne and during that time my sister 'The mare in the moon' shall be freed from her prison.

'We also have to deal with the 'Solar Soldiers' which have grown in troublesome in the last five years and have made clear that their goal is reinstate my sister on the throne and that can not be allowed.

'I will distribute you in the most important Cities and the main celebration point where most of the population will be located due to the festivities.

'Commander Philomena, you will be in charge of Cloudsdale; our main weather control hosting the Weather factory, location of the Wonderbolts HQ and home to the largest population of pegasi.

'Commander Nova, I will place you in our largest city Manehattan; a home to all three races, every kind of job and Equestia's biggest economic point. It will allow the Solars to move aroun easier.

'You will each be accompanied by three Night guards, one of each race. Your trains leave in one hour, the sixth hour and will be two hour trips so you will arrive at the eighth hour. Both of you are dismissed.

'Commander Crystal, I want you to go to the military HQ." The military HQ was located in a cave system in the mountain that the city had been placed on; it had formerly been a mine but after it was closed it was redesigned so the military could use it, however, since there hasn't been a need to use it only the prison sector was used where they held criminals of the highest level that did not receive the top punishment, but as of late only a few Solar Soldiers were there. "You are to make sure the Solars don't try anything on the prison, with security lower thanks to the celebration, they might try to free their comrades and that must not happen. That place has only had one breakout and we must not let that happen again. Dismissed.

'Commander Galacta, finally, your mission is to maintain Canterlot safe; as our capital it can not fall or it will spread panic across the entire country, it could very well be a major target for both the Solars and my sister so this is of the utmost importance. That will be all, you are dismissed."

After the four mares had left the room and only the two royals were left Luna turned to her daughter. She would be taking what would most likely be the most dangerous assignment and would probably have to meet her aunt and that would end in a fight no doubt. "Are you sure you want to do this Twilight?"

"I've told you mom, I want to help. You took me in when I was left alone, and even if it was only as your student due to my strong magic, I want to help you. Not as a debt, but as your daughter. You've even trained me so I could help."

"I know. But you're going to Ponyville. The place closest to the Everfree forest and the Castle of the two sisters. What if your aunt shows up and takes you away from me... forever?"

Twilight saw the concern her mother had for her, the fear in hear heart. "Don't worry mom. I promise, I will return safe and sound and I will make sure to do my part."

Luna then looked at Twilight proudly remembering the small filly from all those years ago and saw how she had become a strong dependable mare she was proud to call her daughter. "Alright. But please be careful."

Twilight was already aware of what she had to do. She would head to Ponyville to oversee the preparations for the 'Lunar Ascension Celebration', it had been chosen for the only reason of being close to the Castle of the Two Sisters, where Twilight would go after the main event in order to retrieve the Elements of Harmony.

Both mother nd daughter embraced each other in a hug, then, Luna spoke, "Good luck." Then the pair released the hug and looked at each other smiling. "You will be taken to Ponyville by two pegasi Night Guards that will meet up with you outside of the astronomy tower in half an hour. The four mares that have been placed in charge of each task has been investigated so you wont have to worry about that and to assist you on the supervision of the celebration I have assigned a local Night Guard to help you; I'm sure you will remember her."

"I'll do my best. For your subjects."

"Not mine. Ours." As Twilight was leaving the room Luna said softly, "You will make a fine ruler someday."

----------

Canterlot: Astronomy Tower Half hour later

Twilight had arrived at the tower where the two guards would meet up with her. She made sure to bring along her royal regalia and her armor that showed her rank as Admiral. Her regalia consisted of deep purple stars for her shoes and collar and a silver crown with a white jewel in the shape of a star. As for her armor, it had a similar look to a Royal Guard armor, but the differences were obvious so ponies could tell her apart. Not too long after she arrived the two pegasi arrived with a carriage and bowed. "Your Highness. We are here to take you to the town of Ponyville, I hope we did not keep you waiting."

"Do not worry, you did not. Now unless there is a reason to not go just yet, we should go." And with that all three took of leaving Twilight with just one question 'Who was the guard that was waiting for her at Ponyville.'

----------

Canterlot Castle: Royal Gardens Same time

Cadenza arrived to accompany Luna in a private part of the garden that held the same rules as the Common room. It was decorated with flowers like; Evening Primrose, Night Bloom Water Lilies, Moon Flowers, Night Gladiolus, Casablanca Lily, Nottingham Catchfly, Four O’ Clocks, Dragon Fruit Flowers and Dutchman’s Pipe Cactus. The entire Royal Gardens were filled with Night-blooming plants but the private one had the loveliest ones.

"Hello Luna"

"It's good that you're back Cadenza. How was Griffonstone?"

"All well. But I'm guessing you want to talk about something else."

Luna had to give it to Cadenza, she knew her very well. "Tomorrow my sister will return, and it worries me."

"Before you say anything else, remember. You prepared for this moment for one-hundred years. So for now relax and let's see how things turn out before we start acting."

Luna just gave a little smile and nodded, and so, their conversation ended.

Author's Note:

The image Twilight's regalia and battle armor are right here. Just remove the wings and recolor the crown from the regalia.