• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 4,346 Views, 56 Comments

Battle of the Moon and Sun - EASTON



Princess Luna's sister returns after 1000 years on the moon and Twilight sparkle will do everything in her power to stop her and defend her country and her mother.

  • ...
5
 56
 4,346

Chapter 12 = Twilght vs. Celestia

Ponyville: Town Hall Sixth hour

"EVERYPONY STOP!" All present turned their heads only to see a white alicorn with a multicolored ethereal mane. "You need not fight anymore for I have returned to stop the age of Nightmare Moon. You need no longer pretend to like her for my precious sun will rise once again." To say everypony was terrified at her words would be an understatement, they were all slowly walking back trying to get away from her.

Twilight, who was the only one that had gone unsurprised and thus did not turn around, released Sweetie leaving her on the ground unable to stand up due to the fact that she had been seriously beaten up and the fact that she was almost choked to death. "Celestia. It would be better if you just simply stopped and surrendered. Nopony is going to believe your lies anymore."

"Lies? What I say is the truth. I may have lost against Nightmare Moon in the past but this time I will defeat her and make sure everything goes back to the way it used to be."

"Enough! Stop trying to lie, you're just embarrassing yourself. And if you call my mother by that wretched name again, so help me I will end you."

Celestia briefly analyzed what the mare facing her had just said and she quickly put two and two together. "Nightmare Moon is... your mother?

"I told you... That. IS NOT. HER NAME!" Twilight said using the royal-voice. Her horn then began glowing, her eyes became white and her body became engulfed in light. "My mother's name is Luna and I will not tolerate you calling her that way." She then began glowing so bright that everypony had to cover their eyes and when they opened her eyes Twilight had taken a slightly different appearance; her eyelids were now a darker shade and is seed as if she wore a facemask of the same deep-purple color as her mane, she also now had a longer horn about the same size as the one the alicorn in front of her had but was purely made of light and she had also grown two wings made out of pure magic.

Everypony was amazed a what they were seeing, Twilight new form was even more beautiful, none hade ever seen her that way and some of them could even feel her magic. Celestia however was the most surprised out of all of them, she recognized the spell: the 'Daydream spell' a spell that could only be used by a pony with Harmony magic. Harmony magic was a special type of magic that flowed through those ponies that could wield the Elements of Harmony. She had felt a few ponies in the building with that very same power, but one that could use it was certainty unexpected.

The situation was completely opposite of what she had expected. Everypony feared her, a harmony wielder was going against her and she was being portrayed as the villain. Clearly Nightmare Moon had somehow, during all these years, turned the population against her and had also made preparations for her arrival.

"Celestia, I will defeat you here and now. You will never stand on a throne again." She then blasted a magic beam striking down the white alicorn. Celestia knew full well that she was not at her full power right now but she could probably take on the mare standing before her, the problem was that she had to hold back most of her power or she could risk hurting a citizen; and filled with determination she stood up taking an offensive stance. "So, you choose to fight. Foolish." This time Twilight flew full speed against her opponent using her horn as a spear but the attack was parried by the older mare who then proceded to thrust her entire body against the young unicorn.

As Sweetie Drops watched the battle she came to realization that she had never really stood a chance, the Young Princess was much to strong; nopony had ever seen her using all this power and if they had they probably never got to tell the talle, whether it was by dungeon or death. She then came to wonder if her comrades in charge of taking down and capturing the Commanders would have the same issue.

Meanwhile the battle continued spell after spell, charge after charge. It seemed as if both mares were equaled in strength. At that moment Twilight fired a spell with all her power and in defense Celestia did the same. However she wished she hadn't, if this continued then the beams would create an explosion and while she could easily survive that with a simple shield the innocents wouldn't, if she increased her power she would hurt the other mare and she didn't want that either and if she lowered her power then Nightmare Moon would never be defeated; her options were running out she was cornered. At that moment the clash of energies destabilized and went off like a raging dragon. Not able to put up a shield in time she had been hit with the full force of the explosion dazed as a result.

As she came to she could only see smoke, the ground had become a crater. Eventually a shape formed from behind the smoke and when it stepped from the shadows it was the lavender pony, unharmed. "You let all those ponies die." Said Celestia in a nervous tone.

"Of course not!" Answered Twilight who then blew a gust of wind to clear the smoke revealing that the two of them were inside a bubble shield cast by her. "I am not like you, and will not let innocents suffer the consequences of battle."

Celestia knew at that moment that she had underestimated her opponent, not only was she strong enough to face her but she could also protect others at the same time, harmony would not return easily.

She then tried to stand up but fell instantly, her injuries were too severe. Twilight then closed the distance between them, "It is all over." She then began charging up a spell but was suddenly bucked hard in the face causing her to hit her head heavily against the ground. When she opened her eyes she saw the mare with the darkglasses, her former opponent. "YOU!" The strike had been strong and due to the fact that it took her by surprise she was slowly loosing her transformation.

Meanwhile Sweetie Drops risked ignoring the Admiral to help the alicorn stand. "Princess Celestia, we have to escape."

Celestia looked up and saw that the unicorn had recovered from the hit, she knew she was in no condition continue fighting, she was berly staying up with the help of this cream colored mare. So she charged up a spell that when she released an extremely bright light filled the room.

When the light disappeared, both mares had vanished leaving Twilight with an angry glare. "Guards," Both pegasi saluted as soon as they were addressed, "gather all the local military regardless of rank and group and meet in front of the Town Hall in half an hour. We must stop Celestia before she raises the sun."

----------

Everfree Forest: Entrance

Shining had just arrived at the main road when a bright light appeared in front of him revealing the Princess and Sweetie Drops. "What happened?"

Sweetie looked up to see the leader of the Solars. "We can talk in the way back to the castle. We have to flee NOW."

Author's Note:

MLP:FIM S7 :yay: