• Published 15th Jul 2016
  • 2,771 Views, 89 Comments

The Three Castaways - sonicfan05



Trixie's cruise trip was ruined the moment she met up with Pinkie and Sonata. After they got stranded on a desert island due to a hurricane, Pinkie and Sonata were trying to have fun while Trixie was determined to get herself off of the island.

  • ...
5
 89
 2,771

How to Survive on the Ocean

- 15 Minutes Stranded on an Island -

After Trixie had a huge breakdown, she was wallowing in misery and haven't left her spot since. Trixie stopped sobbing but her tears were still leaking from her eyes. Thanks to the storm, they lost their phones in the ocean. Even if they still had their phones, Trixie doubted they'll be able to get a signal. She silently begged herself to wake up from her horrible nightmare, hoping that she's actually back home, sleeping on the couch or on her bed. Heck, she was even hoping that she was sleeping on a crappy beach chair while riding on that so-called 'cruise ship'. But no matter how many times she begged or bargaining with herself, she was still sitting on a beach of an isolated island, hundreds of miles away from her home.

Worse of all, she's stranded on an island with those two girls.

Trixie felt someone gently touched her shoulder. "You okay Trixie?"

Trixie turned only to see Pinkie Pie with a concerned look on her face. Despite her tears, Trixie glared angrily at Pinkie.

"No I am NOT okay!" Trixie retorted. "Do I look like I'm okay to you? I'm supposed to have a stress free vacation with my best friend, only to find out that she couldn't make it! The whole trip was a disaster, get conned and ditched by those two jerk brothers, get caught in a storm and now we're stuck on a freakin' island without any way to communicate back home!"

"Don't cry Trixie," Pinkie soothed.

Sonata nodded. "Yeah, it could've been worse. You might be some teenage girl who boasts about herself but constantly overshadowed by the seven teens with pony powers."

Trixie just sat there giving Sonata her blank look before she sighed and plant her head on the sand. "Welp...this is the end."

Pinkie smiled and patted Trixie's back. "No it's not Trixie."

Sonata, who was finishing up building the third coffin made of bamboo, turned towards Pinkie with her confused look. "It's not?"

"Of course not silly, we'll be fine as long as we stick together! Besides, I know the best way we can do in this situation."

"By relying on our survival skills as we spend our days trapped on an island and come up with ways to get ourselves rescued?" Sonata guessed.

Pinkie laughed. "No silly, by throwing ourselves..." Suddenly, Pinkie tore off her clothing, leaving her in her hula skirt and her coconut bra while confetti rained down behind her. "A PARTY!"

"OH RIGHT!" Sonata cheered as she ripped off her clothing, reveling the same hula outfit as Pinkie's.

"A PARTY!?" Trixie cried out in disbelief, as she watched Pinkie and Sonata did the hula dance. "You've gotta be kidding me! We can't just fool around and have a party. We should find a way to get ourselves off of this island!"

"Hey lighten up Trixie," said Pinkie as she kept on dancing. "We'll get off of this island when the time comes."

"Yeah Bixie," said Sonata as she performed an 'Egyptian Style' dance. "You should try to have fun and not worry about all of this. Like what those animals once said from the movie I watched the other day, 'Hakuna Matata.'"

Trixie scowled and stood up. "No way! Trixie will not have fun on a remote island, especially with you two! She would rather try to get herself off of the island as soon as possible instead of just standing around and doing nothing!"

"Oh we won't stand around doing nothing," said Pinkie as she continued to dance. "All we're doing is dancing, built sandcastles, play some games, swimming and all sorts of fun stuff!"

Trixie let out her frustrated growl. "Okay you know what, fine! If you two losers are not taking this situation seriously, then by all means, keep dancing! But not Trixie! Trixie will try to get off of this island herself! But if you two realized that your party isn't getting you anywhere, then don't come crying to Trixie!" Trixie turned and ran towards the water, away from the two girls. "In fact, Trixie is going to swim all the way back home and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

Trixie ran into the coastline, ignoring the cold feeling on her legs, and then dove into the water. After her head then resurfaced, Trixie began to swim away from the island.

Sonata gasped and called out to Trixie. "Trixie, don't go!"

"Oh so now, you wanted to leave?" said Trixie as she continued to swim away. "Well forget it! You two are on your own! I won't stop swimming!"

"No, I mean you can't go because there is a shark right in front of you!"

"Wait what!?" Trixie cried as she turned her head towards Sonata.

Unfortunately for Trixie, by turning her head, she didn't paid attention to where she was swimming in front of her. Trixie kept on swimming until she bumped into something. Trixie felt she's touching something that's both rubbery and scaly, but most importantly, alive. With a gulp, Trixie slowly turned her head around until she was facing the top head part of a great white shark, with a look of a predator.

"...oh crap," Trixie squeaked.

The shark opened it's mouth, reveling it's huge sharp teeth. Trixie screamed and swam away, before the shark had a chance to take it's first bite. Trixie swam towards the island like it was no tomorrow, however the shark behind her was quickly gaining on her. Just as the shark gets close enough to take a bite of Trixie again, the shark noticed something was thrown from the corner of it's eye. When it landed in the water, the shark smelled a delicious cooked meat with some kind of other stuff on it. Paying no mind to Trixie, the shark swam away towards the source where the object was thrown. Meanwhile, Trixie kept on swimming until she reached the shore. As Trixie laid her back on the sand, gasping for air, Pinkie and Sonata ran up to Trixie.

"That was close! Are you okay Trixie?" asked Pinkie.

"Trixie...thinks so," said Trixie, in between her breaths. "A few more...seconds and Trixie...would've become...the shark's next meal!"

"It's a good thing I saw that shark on time!" Sonata said proudly for a moment before she deflated. "But I had to sacrifice my taco so that the shark will stop chasing you."

Trixie, recovered from being chased by a shark, sat up straight and glared at Sonata. "You knew there's a shark out there this whole time?"

Sonata chuckled nervously. "Well...yeah. I noticed that there are a bunch of triangle-shaped fins sticking out of the water, so I knew they're there."

"Well then why didn't you tell Trixie that there's a shark out there before she goes into the water?" Trixie demanded.

"I did! But you kept ignoring me!" Sonata argued.

Pinkie quickly stepped in and placed her hand on Trixie's shoulder. "Listen Trixie, the important thing is that you're on land safe and sound. I think it's best if we don't go into the water. Besides, Sonata saved you, so at least you can do is to say thank you."

Trixie grunted and shook Pinkie's hand off of her shoulder. "No way, Trixie is not giving up! If she can't simply swim across the water, then Trixie would just have to build her own boat!"

Trixie turned and starting walking towards the broken cruise ship.

"But what about the sharks?" Sonata asked worryingly.

"Trixie will think of something!" Trixie called out.

Trixie only walked several feet away from them until she stopped in place with her back facing them. They heard her let out her long sigh. "As much as Trixie hates to say this...but Trixie wants to thank you Sonata for saving her life." Trixie slightly turned her head and gave them both her side glare. "But this doesn't change a thing between the three of us!" she finished coolly.

After she said her peace, Trixie turned her head away from them and continued to walk towards the ship.


- 45 Minutes Stranded on an Island -

After Trixie gathered as many tools she could find from the ship, Trixie walked around the wooded area of the island to find the right trees she can use to build a raft boat. At first, she thought her task would be easy because the trees all looked the same. After the first ten minutes of searching, she quickly realized that it is not as easy as she thought because every single tree looked different. Some of the trees she found looked too benty, too thin, too weak, too hard, too small and too old. She already found the two trees she chopped down earlier that are perfect for her raft. She needed one more. Unfortunately, finding the third right tree took her longer than the first two.

"C'mon, there's got to be a tree somewhere I can use in this stupid place!" Trixie complained out loud as she was swatting the flies away from her face. "Trixie's getting sick of wondering around aimlessly, especially with those pesky bugs!"

Just as Trixie decided to move on to the next area of the woods, she spotted a good looking tree just about a few feet away from her. She quickly ran up to the tree and looked it over. When she couldn't find anything wrong with a tree, Trixie smirked in satisfaction.

"Perfect!" she said. "Now to chop it down!"

Trixie got herself into a position with her axe and began to cut the tree down.

What Trixie failed to notice was up on one of those branches was a small brown monkey, taking a nap. This tree was this monkey's home for quite some time and the branch he's laying on is his favorite spot to eat, sit around and take naps on it. He was currently dreaming of eating the world's largest banana when all of the sudden, he woke up slightly when he felt little shake beneath him. He looked around to see what caused the tree to shake but found nothing. He shrugged and went back to sleep. However, he didn't sleep long when he felt the tree shake again, but much stronger this time. The monkey was fully awake as it felt more shakes, stronger by the second. Frightened, the monkey quickly jumped to the next tree before the tree he was sleeping on collapsed to the ground below. At first, the monkey thought it was an earthquake that caused the tree to come down, but when he looked down, he began to get angry.

The monkey spotted a two-legged creature with a some kind of cutting stick stood next to the chopped tree that was once his home. The creature had that victorious smirk on her face with no remorse of what she had done. This despicable creature should be taught a lesson for messing up one's property. With his determined look, the monkey climbed down the tree to confront this infuriating creature.

Trixie meanwhile admired her handy work after she spent a few minutes chopping this tree down.

"Phew, glad that tree finally came down!" she said. "All I need to do now is to remove the branches and divided the wood up and it'll be ready to be use as a boat part!"

Just as Trixie was ready to use her axe again, she heard an angry screech from behind her. She quickly turned around to see an angry brown monkey sitting on a bolder, glaring at her.

Trixie blinked. "Um...hi?"

The monkey continued to glare at Trixie and was sat still like a statue.

Trixie frowned. "What? What are you staring at?"

The monkey was still glaring at her and it was beginning to irritate Trixie.

"What? What do you want?" Trixie demanded.

Without changing his expression, the monkey slowly pointed at the fallen tree next to Trixie. Trixie wasn't sure what he meant at first but then she slowly understood.

"Did you...come from this tree?" Trixie asked.

The monkey slowly nodded but kept his glare.

Trixie starred at the angry monkey for a moment before she waved her hand nonchalantly. "Well...Trixie is sorry for nearly squash you, but it was necessary. Trixie needs this tree to help her escape so that's all in good cause. Besides, there are plenty of trees around here for you to climb and do some monkey...things. Now if you excuse Trixie, she got some chopping to do."

As Trixie turned as was about to use her axe, she heard angry screeching again from the monkey. Trixie turned her head slightly and gave it her annoyed look. "Hey, I apologized to you already! I don't know what more do you want, but Trixie does not have time to deal with you, so get lost you dirty little ape!"

The monkey kept giving her his furious screeching, but Trixie ignored him as she's cutting up the wood. Trixie was almost done with her work until she felt something hit at the back of her head.

"OW!" Trixie cried out in pain. "What the-"

Trixie turned to see the same angry monkey on the bolder but this time with piles of coconuts right next to him.

Trixie narrowed her eyes in anger. "You dare to throw a coconut at Trixie? Trixie will not let you get away for wrongfully throwing things at-"

Before she could finish speaking, she was got hit on the chest by a coconut.

Followed by another one.

And another one.

And another one after that.

The monkey was angrily throwing coconuts at Trixie at the exact speed as a gatling gun. He will make sure that creature will suffer for destroying his home and for acting so disrespectful towards him. Trixie meanwhile had trouble dodging due to the speed of the thrown coconuts. She felt painful blows after blows from each coconut as if she was being hit by raining bowling balls. After minutes suffering, the monkey finally stopped throwing the coconuts and Trixie moaned in pain.

"Is...that all you got...you dirty little...ape?" Trixie said weakly. "Your coconuts will never take down the Great and Powerful Tr-"

Trixie was cut off and lost consciousness the moment when the monkey threw a giant coconut right to her face.


- 1 Hour and 30 Minutes Stranded on an Island -

Trixie moaned as she was slowing waking up from her coma.

Where...am I?

Trixie slowly sat herself up but then she immediately felt pain all over her body, especially from her face. As she looked around, she was laying on a towel underneath the shade of a palm tree. She also noticed seaweeds wrapped around certain areas of her body like her arms, legs, even around her forehead. Just as Trixie was about to ask herself about the seaweeds, she heard someone calling out to her.

"Oh good, you're up!" said a very cheerful voice.

Trixie slowly turned to see Pinkie Pie approaching her while carrying a half sliced coconut with water in it.

"We were very worried when we saw you collapsed after getting hit by so many coconuts," Pinkie explained. "Nata and I carried you all the way back to the beach and treated your wounds. We used fresh seaweed from the ocean for your swollen areas since you don't want us to use fish again like before. We then take turns giving you some coconut water to help you recover. It isn't much but it's doable. If I have my party supplies with me then I would've use a cupcake to make you feel better. Even if I did have cupcakes, picking out which cupcake you like is a tricky part. I keep forgetting whether you like a peanut butter or blueberry cupcake but I'm pretty sure you like-"

"ENOUGH!" Trixie shouted, having enough of Pinkie's on-going rant. Trixie breathed slowly to calm herself before she started speaking again.

"Trixie wants to know how long Trixie's been out, where's all of her wood she gathered earlier and what happened to that stupid monkey?"

Before Pinkie could anwser, Trixie cut her off.

"And please try to get to the point! Trixie's starting to get a headache from all your babbling!"

"Meanie," Pinkie pouted, before she quickly perked up. "Well firstly, you've been out for about a half an hour. Secondly, we didn't see any monkeys around when we found you but that would've been cool and fun if that monkey joined our party!"

Trixie rolled her eyes. Figures.

"And thirdly," Pinkie continued. "We got your wood and Nata's building the raft for you as we speak."

Trixie's eyes widen. "What!? NO! She's going to ruin everything!"

She quickly got up and ran across the beach, ignoring the pain she felt from every step. Trixie kept on running until she heard grunting sounds, coming from behind the wrecked ship. Trixie ran around the ship just as she heard Sonata sighed in satisfaction.

"There, all done~!"

"What do you think you're doing you has-been siren!" Trixie yelled as she was stomping her way over to Sonata. "Those are Trixie's wood! She needs them to built her raft so she can go home! If you already used her wood then Trixie is gonna-"

Trixie's words immediately died from her throat when she witnessed the work Sonata had just put together. There, floating on the water was a small raft boat. It had a sail pole and a sail that was left from the cruise ship. The large pieces wood was held together with a thick rope and large nails. The whole thing looked very smooth like it just been sanded and not a single splinter stood out.

Trixie stood there in awe. "Is that...Trixie's raft?"

Sonata walked up behind Trixie and gave her her friendly pat on the back. "Yep, it took me awhile, but I managed to put it all together for you to use."

Trixie turned to Sonata with a stunned look on her face. "But...how?"

Sonata smiled sheepishly. "Well...back when I was a Dazzling, I break a LOT of things since I am such a klutz. One time, I accidentally destroyed Dagi and Aria's instruments without their permission. Not wanting to face their wraths, I rented books on how to repair and built instruments and then I was able to fix them before they got home. I was so proud of myself for making them look like new and I found enjoyment of these things, I ended up learning to fix and built different things as a hobby."

Trixie was stunned from what she had learn from this supposed airheaded member of the 'evil' Dazzlings. Sonata, noticed that Trixie is staring, blinked confusingly.

"What? Is there something on my nose?"

"Hey Nata, that raft you built looks amazing!" Pinkie praised as she was approaching them.

Sonata gave Pinkie her full tooth smile. "Thanks! It was actually an easily thing to build."

Trixie, recovered from her shock, cleared her throat. "Um...thank you for building Trixie's raft," Trixie face then looked stern. "But don't you use Trixie's things again without her permission!"

"Oh, okay," said Sonata. "Can I use some of the remaining wood to build something else?"

Trixie huffed. "Yeah sure, go ahead. In fact, you can keep all of them now that Trixie's raft is built. Trixie can now use it to get off of this island and leave you two losers behind!"

"Are you sure you still want to go out to sea Trixie?" Sonata asked with a frown. "There's a good chance you'll get lost and sharks will come after you."

Trixie eyes narrowed. "I'll take my chances!"

Pinkie instantly perked up. "Weeellllllll, if you really must, then you can at least take this."

Pinkie dugged her hand into her poofy hair and took out some kind of spray can before handing it over to Trixie. Trixie took the can and then read its label which said, 'Shark Repellent.' Trixie raised her one eyebrow before she looked up to Pinkie.

"What is this?"

"It's a shark repellent," Pinkie chirped. "It will help to protect you from the sharks."

"This thing?" Trixie asked skeptically. "This looks like it came from a very cheesy comic book movie!"

"Trust me, it'll work like a charm!" Pinkie said reassuringly. "Just spray it around the raft and you'll be as safe as a cookie in a jar~!"

Trixie still looked unsure but then she sighed. "Alright, fine. Trixie will take this weird thing. But if Trixie may ask, why are you carrying this thing around?"

Pinkie shrugged with a smile. "Hey, you never know if you ever run into a shark~!"

Trixie wanted to point out how could Pinkie use a shark repellent if she's on land most of the time, but she decided to drop it and then started heading towards her raft.

"Whatever, now if you excuse Trixie, she'll be leaving now!" she said as she was pushing the raft deeper into the ocean.

"Can we at least throw you a 'Bon Voyage Trixie' party before you leave?" Pinkie asked.

"NO!"

Trixie climbed into her raft and began to sail away. Right away a shark was swimming towards her. Trixie was aabout to turn back to safety, but then she remembered the repellent spray she got from Pinkie. Trixie took out the can and sprayed around her raft just as Pinkie instructed. The shark came close to Trixie but then it stopped. With a spooked look on its face, it turned around and swam away with a yelp.

Trixie watched the fleeing shark for a moment before she checked out the can in amazement.

"Heh, what do you know? This thing does work!" She then had a look of confidence on her face. "Well, all Trixie has to do is to sail across the ocean towards where the town's supposed to be and she'll be back home in no time!"


- 2 Hours Stranded on an Island -

"Okay...okay Trixie...don't panic. You've only been out here for about a half hour, but you shouldn't be too far from home from now. Just retrace the directions where those two brothers disappeared to and you'll be fine."

...

"OH WHO AM I FREAKIN' KIDDING, I'M SO HOPELESSLY LOST!"

*SOB*


- 3 Hours Stranded on an Island -

"Okay...okay...Trixie used to be a girl scout. She got pins, metals and everything! She just need to locate the north star..."

...

"...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAYTIME!"

*SOB*

"GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!"


- 4 Hours Stranded on an Island -

*SOB*

"Oooohhhh crap! I'm gonna catch a cold! Brrrrr!"

...

"Hey...HEY! SCREW YOU SHARKS! I'M NOT DEAD YET!"

...

"...oh Faust, I am SO dead!"

*SOB*


- 5 Hours Stranded on an Island -

Trixie felt completely broken as she was laying on her back on her boat. She's been gone since Faust knows how long since she left the island and she wasn't even close to home. Despite how hot the sun was shining above her, she was still very chilly from the cold air from the water. The sharks stopped following her awhile ago, but she completely ran out of her repellent spray. It was only matter of time before they come back and eat her after she died from hunger.

Or thirst.

Or exhaustion.

Or drowning.

Or whatever comes first.

Trixie sighed in misery. I never thought this will end like this. I have no idea where I am and I'm all alone in the middle of the ocean. I should've never had left the island. At least that island have something there to eat and the ground is nice and solid. Trixie turned her head a little. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but despite how annoying those girls are, at least if I stayed then I won't be-

Suddenly, Trixie caught something from the corner of her eye. She spotted a beach just a few yards away. What really caught Trixie's attention was that there was a dock about six feet from the beach to the water. That could only be one thing.

She finally reached civilization.

With her relieved cry, Trixie pulled one plank from her raft used it to paddled towards the land like there's no tomorrow. After a few minutes of paddling across the water, her raft finally reached the dock and Trixie climbed onto it. She then ran across the dock until she reached the beach and landed on her knees.

"YES!" Trixie cheered. "THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRRRRRRRRRIXIE HAS MADE IT BACK HOME! TAKE THAT PINKIE AND SONATA! IT WAS TRIXIE WHO CAME OUT ON TOP!"

Trixie let out her victorious laugh until she heard heard someone called out to her.

"Hey, welcome back Trixie!"

Trixie immediately stopped laughing and looked to her right. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widen when she saw both Pinkie and Sonata sitting by the campfire, waving at her.

"You're just in time, I just finished cracking open these coconuts for our dinner," Pinkie chirped.

"It's a good thing we've built that dock an hour ago with your extra wood you gave me for you to have an easier access huh Trixie?" Sonata said with a smile as she was eating her taco.

Trixie's left eye twitched for a minute before she buried her head into her hands and lying on the sand, sobbing.

"THERE'S NO WAY OUT OF HERE!" Trixie wailed.

Author's Note:

Poor Trixie just can't catch a break. I almost feel bad for making her suffer...

...almost. :trollestia: