• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 9,017 Views, 47 Comments

The Dragons in the Mountains - DracoTitan



It's been years since I've arrived in this strange place. Years that tribes have chased us into secrecy. Years since I've seen my sons and daughters. Years since the light shined my hard scale and the winds carried my great wings. Now we are free

  • ...
20
 47
 9,017

Contingencies

Nelmarix look at Everblight, shifting uneasily between the white dragon and Spike, "Why have you come here, to my domain?"

"Drop the act Nel," Everblight rise up on his hind legs, causing the squatter dragon to step back, "I'm not here to take your athanc." Seeing the younger dragon ease, Everblight motion to the night sky with a smile, "Tell me, have you ever thought of leaving this planet behind and...have a planet where your blight can change the world?"

"What do you mean...other worlds?" Nelmarix narrows his eyes before he hears Blighterghast lands not to far away.

As Nelmarix tense, Blighterghast stands besides Everblight, "What our genius of a brother is saying is that we all know that father is awakening."

"Thus why I plan to activate the Star Dra-"

"Star Drake Plan," scratching his chin, Nelmarix's narrow eyes lock onto a plain face Everblight, with suspicion, "a plan that would send each and every pair of dragon to their own life bearing planet." "Last I remember, you said the plan would fail...so what changed?"

"We did," as Nelmarix cross his four arms, Everblight steps closer to the younger, "back then, we would have destroyed the planets within a week." Seeing Spike and Blighterghast narrow their eyes at him, Everblight scoffs at them, "Nelmarix and I both now that back then we weren't in control of our blight."

"Thus many species born now those descended from beings that were blighted," nodding at Everblight, Nelmarix looks at Spike with curious eyes, "but after the introduction of dragonspawns, we no longer release large amount of blight unless we truly focus on doing such,"

Spike look between the two dragons before looking at a facetaloning Blighterghast than back to Everblight, "So how do we know that Toruk won't find out where we are?"

"Cause Toruk doesn't know that this guy," Nelmarix juts a thumb at a whistling Everblight while he himself smile smugly, "has done something no other draconic being can brag about."

"Just like how I can change a true dragon's body," holding his arms out wide, Everblight smiles a smile that is all teeth, "I can remove one topic from anydrag's mind and prevent them from remembering such."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halfang smiles as seven new pairs of true dragons descends upon the area. Turning her head slowly, she briefly nods at Ember as the young blue dragoness settles down, "How are the eggs?"

"Due to hatch any day now," smiling at her sister, Ember waves a wing at silver dragoness, "do you have any clue about what this meeting is about?"

"Not a clue," hearing a loud roar, everydrag's head turn as four drake dives into the caldera, "but I doubt we have much time to wait."
Spike and Nelmarix lands first before they take to the right most side, then Everblight lands and stand between the pair of drakes. When Blighterghast lands, all the commentary ends as each of the gather nod their head respectfully to the organizer.

Clearing his throat, Blighterghast stands up tall with his scales shining in the sunlight, "Brethrens, sistrens, on the day that Queen Faust has bestow upon us, I now call this meeting to order" "The floor is open to any of the previous topics discuss last meeting," a dark brown and grey dam rise from her seat, earning a nod from Blighterghast, "the floor recognizes Esthanlas."

"Thank you Lord Blighterghast," Esthanlas voice sounds like boulders grinding against each other while a metal plate is slowly torn apart. She has three pairs of wings with the foremost pair also acting as her hands, "I wish to call upon the Rite of the Alpha."

"The Rite of the Alpha, dearest sister," all eyes, including the 'unseeing' pairs, turn to Everblight as he speaks, "can only be called at the end of a meeting."

"While he has spoken out of turn," seeing Everblight slightly bow to him, Blighterghast focus once more on Esthanlas, "Lord Everblight is correct." "If there is nothing else," waiting for any latecomers to speak, Blighterghast slams his tail on the ground causing an echo effect to ring around, "than let us begin the reports."

Nidoboros stands up tall besides Halfang, drawing everydrag's attention with his frown, "I regret to inform this body...that no other true dragon is willing to agree to assist us." "Some claim that we are not dragons," speaking over the roars of outrage, Nidoboros looks at the others with a frown, "while others have, once more, sworn their loyalties to Toruk."

"Is there anyway we can change their minds," as everydrag look at Everblight, they watch as the genius shake his head sadly, "then soon, we will be in a three way war."
A green and orange dragonspawn nods at his progenitor before rising, he speaks as soon as Blighterghast gestures to him, "My mother wishes to know if the use of blighted sentients is still forbidden."

"Since Everblight has his blighted reindeer," while most dragons roll their eyes, a few nod at the smirking white dragon, "if any of your blighted beings wish to assist you in the coming conflict, they may do so." "Anything else," seeing Nelmarix step forward, Blighterghast nods at the true dragon.

"My brothers and sisters...we all know how small this planet is," waiting for the mutters to drop, Nelmarix continues while motioning to Spike, "and thanks to Everblight, there will always be numerous dragons because of the dragonspawns." "Me and Everblight are the last two beings...who know what the Star Drake Plan consists of," the dragons focus on him more before he stands up straighter in pride, "the Star Drake Plan...is our contingency for when dragons would have wars with each other."

As yells of disbelief and roars of rage echo through the caldera, Blighterghast still roars the loudest among the gather, "ORDER, THERE WILL BE ORDER IN THIS AREA!!" "Now you said this is in case of a dragon war," turning back to the two dragons, he ignore the few mutters in the far back.

Before Nelmarix can speak, Everblight steps forward with a grim face, "I have always plan to war against Toruk as most of you will confirm." "But what the Star Drake Plan truly focus on," knowing his kin may hate the pair, Everblight takes the hatred onto himself with a tired smile, "is me sending every.single.sentient being to a different planet." Ignoring the silence, Everblight carries on, "As of now, there are several BILLION members of the sentient races." "I have several ships ready to take them off world...and the dragonspawns are the key to their safety."
"The dragonspawns can breath in outer space just like us," watching as Everblight nod, Blighterghast notice many dragons calming down while others seem to just hear him out, "so what will happen once they're off world."
Swallowing hard, Everblight prepares himself for the next wave, "Me and my blighted reindeer will go to war with weapons design to kill a dragon...permanently."
Before any of the dragon can yell, Ember lunges at her life mate. Pin under her, Everblight cringe as she slaps his face, "You bastard! You're planning to have the reindeer kill at the end of this, aren't you?!"
Seeing Everblight turn away in guilt, Blighterghast notice as Vayl's face shift into shock, "You didn't know?"

"No I did not, Lord Blighterghast," turning her antler head to Everblight, she smile softly to the old drake, "although, that plan will never work now." Ignoring the hush that cover the area, Vayl places a hand on one of Everblight's claw, "Back then, we would have followed any order you had given us." "But now, we can choose which order we will obey," looking the dragon in his eye, the reindeer's face harden with determination, "so you and your allies are stuck with us...Lord Ethrubnal."

As the dragon nods his head, Blighterghast sweep a gaze over the gather dragons. As none of them speaks up, he clears his throat, "Once more, the Rite of the Alpha is offered." "Whom among us will claim the title," minutes pass by as each of the original dragons vote for themselves. Finally, the votes moves once more to Blighterghast, "And I vote for myself as I have brought our people together once more." "Thus, this vote is a-
"Hey, wait a minute," Esthanlas rise up, to the annoyance of a few, "Everblight still has yet to vote."

As silence blanket the gathering and Everblight's eyes narrow, Charsang rolls her eyes, "We all know who he i-"

"I vote for Blighterghast," every pair of eyes snap to Everblight as he motion to an equally shocked Blighterghast with a smile, "for he has always lead us with grace and honor." Turning away, Everblight flies out with Spike and Ember following close by.

As the three dragons and one reindeer leaves, Halfang snaps her jaw shut, "Well that's a thing."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle lays in the hospital, a small smile crossing her face as she looks at the pair of fillies feeding off of her.

The first has her violet eyes while having a dark grayish mulberry coat. Her mane is mostly black but a single sapphire blue streak runs through the center. The other girl has grayish sap green right eye and violet left eye. While she also has the same coat as her sister, her mane is sapphire blue with streaks of brilliant green.

Hearing a knock, Twilight looks up as Shining Armor and Cadance peak in with Twilight Velvet bringing up the rear, "How's my favorite little sister doing?"

"Shining, I'm your only little sister," feeling him hug her close, she smile at the two women behind him, "hi Cadance, hi mom. Where is dad?"

"He's on his way up," seeing Shining Armor and Cadance hovering over the foals, Twilight Velvet smirk at the pair, "that said, when are you two going to make me a grandchild of my own."

As the royal couple blush a bright red, Night Light walks while the two Twilight burst out laughing, "What I miss?"

While the pair of grandparents talk to each other, Cadance look back the pair of fillies, "So have you come up with any names?"

"Since I found out I was having twin girls," holding her first daughter, Twilight lets her father hold the newly born, "her name is going to be Bright Dusk." "As for this little bundle, her name is Dawn Star," holding the heterochromia girl, Twilight nuzzles her younger daughter before the sound of knocking can be heard.

Looking up, the purple unicorn smile as her friends rush. As they make a beeline to her, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and a mare wearing a cloak walks in, "How are you doing Twilight?"

"I am well Princess Celestia," feeling as the older of the two Diarchs hug her close, Twilight smiles at Princess Luna, "how is court treating you, Princess Luna?"

"Tis the same as it was back before I was Nightmare Moon," shrugging her shoulder, the lunar diarch smirk smugly as her wings opens partially, "so I simply smile at them while separating the good ideas from the stupid ones."

As the cloaked figure walk over, Twilight Sparkle looks at her questionably, "I'm sorry, I'm-"

"Twilight Sparkle, prodigy when it comes to the arcane," removing her cloak, the others look on in shock as the older alicorn runs her fingers through her mane, “Tis nice to meet thee, I am Faust creator of all and mother to Luna and Celestia.” As the lavender unicorn faints, Faust looks at her two daughters, “T'was it something I said?”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nelmaphic glides down, his gnarly wings trailing ash and blight behind himself. A furious snarl crosses the dragon’s muzzle as he lands next to a pair of creatures.

At one time, they may have been griffins but now they barely resemble their ancestors. No longer do they have feathers, a pair of horns grow from the back of their head. Along with the lost of their feathers, the large wings that allow them to fly has also disappear.
Sneering down at the creatures, Nelmaphic waves them forward, “Go forth and gather my army. We attack Equestria within the month.” Watching as the blighted griffins rush off, he grins darkly in the direction, “This war was a long time coming Blighterghast.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everblight locks eyes with a thin dragoness with three tails, her scales a deep forest green color and her horns orange, “Lady Eleniz, I have come to see about combining our forces.”

“Truly a wise idea no,” curling around herself, she smile at the more plain looking drake, “tell me, how shall we do this.”

“You still blight gemsbok yes,” seeing her nod, he continues on, “while my reindeer do have melee fighters, they prefer to fire their bows and crossbows from afar.”

“So mine will be the melee fighters,” at his nod, the dragoness grins savagely, “good, they were starting to get bored of fighting the ruby hyenas.” “Though, I am getting a number of them to blight when I win.”

“Same with me and the diamond dogs I have. I can give you advice on how they can be used,” seeing her smile in thanks, Everblight bows slightly to her, “until next we meet. Best of luck with the eggs.”

“To you as well,” watching the drake fly off, Eleniz motions for a very bulky gemsbok, “Thagrosh, have some of the ruby hyenas sent to the chamber.”
“Of course, my lady,” walking by, he is follow by seventeen more gemsboks. As Eleniz walks out, the sound of battle cries echoes forward as hundred of thousands of the anthromorphic antelope ready themselves for war.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on an island in the middle of a dead sea, the dragonfather Toruk blearily looks up as several of his progeny descends on him. Watching as the younger dragons set up, his eyes shine with malevolence before he drifts asleep once more.

Meanwhile, the dragons look among themselves before a dark green dragoness with two heads fly off to an unknown location. Flying for hours, she dives towards a cave. Before the cerebus can bark, the dragoness grasp the three headed dog before crushing the canine's rightmost head in her talon.

Waltzing forward as the hound runs, she enters the cave system while several skeletal dragonspawns took up post. Down she travels, passing by countless criminals until she stops in front of one cell, "Lord Tirek, tis good to see you."

"So you come crawling back to your father's side," the sound of hooves clacking on stone can be heard before a frail looking centaur steps from the shadows, "your fate shall be noted."

Slamming her tail down, the dragoness walks as the centaur steps away from his cell, "Everblight has shown where his loyalty lies...I'm just responding to Father's great plan." "Now come along, we have death to spread," as the centaur latch onto the dragoness's back, he siphons some of her life force as the pair leaves Tartarus.

Author's Note:

The plot thickens. Everblight has suicidal thoughts, the Star Drake plan is brought up and war lines are drawn. Also, if anyone wants to, they can draw Twilight's twin fillies and no I'm not changing the name. Maybe if she has more kids I'll let ya'll vote for gender and names but the name were already in my mind.
Before anyone ask, there will be one or two chapters before Tirek attacks Equestria.

Just to yank your chain.

That is if I don't do a crossover with another displace and head there. The next chapter will be dealing with the blighted creatures.

The blighted griffins are based off of the Ixal from Final Fantasy XIV before anyone ask.

Just like how the blighted reindeer take the place of the Nyssian Elves, the gemsboks take the place of the Ogruns. Ponies and Zebras take the place of humans and Minotaurs replace the Trollkins.

Until next, keep being awesome.