• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 9,018 Views, 47 Comments

The Dragons in the Mountains - DracoTitan



It's been years since I've arrived in this strange place. Years that tribes have chased us into secrecy. Years since I've seen my sons and daughters. Years since the light shined my hard scale and the winds carried my great wings. Now we are free

  • ...
20
 47
 9,018

Calm After and Before the Storm

As the girls walk off. Everblight looks towards the north with a deep frown as he recalls the battle.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Everblight growls as the two larger dragons flew away, leaving the thousands of small, hundreds of medium and dozen of large dragonspawns to cover their retreat. The dragonspawns' eyes twitching in rage and rebellion, he notice Blighterghast shaking his head in sorrow. As his brother seem prepare to incinerate the enslaved ones, Everblight dove through the wall of claws and fangs. As he continues forward with dragonspawns clawing at him, he opens his mouth and loose a ball of fire towards siblings.

The larger of the pair feels the fire burn through the wing membrane and roars in pain and rage. Swooping after his falling kinsman, Everblight latch onto the dragon's back before sinking his fangs into the foe's neck. As the dragon flail about, Blighterghast duel the smaller enemy. As the pair circle higher and attempt to burn the others wings off, Everblight flings his foe towards the ground.

As the large dragon crash into the frozen earth, the biting and clawing of the dragonspawns broke before they left in a thunder of wings. Looking down at the struggling dragon, Everblight sneer at his foe's croons of mercy, "Why should I show you mercy?" "If it was I on the ground you would take your time while feasting on me, you cowardly piece of shit."

Irritation grew before Everblight slams his foot on his sibling's jaw, earning an agonized screech as the bones splinters with fragments flying through the air. Hearing a mighty roar, the victor turns to see the other rogue dragon plummet to the ground as Blighterghast held its athanc in a strong grip. Seeing the panic increase in the eyes of his opponent, Everblight smile before thrusting his hand into the dragon's chest.

Ignoring the drawn out roar of pain, Everblight rips out his foe's heartstone before tossing it to his brother, "So big bro, what now?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Looking over with a smile, he taps his tail against the ground, "Kids, gather around." "I know we haven't spent a lot of time together," seeing the nervous nods, he smile kindly at the dragonspawns, "so we dragons, the six girls and the two princesses are going to Horseshoe Bay."

"WHAT?!" looking down, Everblight chuckle as Rarity's eyes glimmers, "WE'RE GOING TO HORSESHOE BAY?! WHEN?!"

"How soon can you prepare for a two week long vacation?" seeing her form shimmer, he hears her squeal as she shuts the door to her boutique. Looking over to the others, he shrug his shoulders, "Tell your folks if you must, we leave when the princesses arrive."

As the ponies rush home and the dragonspawns cheer among themselves, no one notice Spike's chest glow a slight green color before dimming down.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fluttershy yawns before sitting up from where she slept on Everblight's back. It had taken a week for the two princesses to arrive along with Twilight Velvet and Night Light and everypony climb onto the true dragon's back.

Looking over the side, she watches as the forest breaks away to scattered buildings and a beautiful beach. Turning around to her fellow beach, she heads over to Rarity as the large dragon glides down, "Rarity, wake up we're finally here."

Yawning behind her hand, she smile kindly at the shy pegasus before rising, "Thank you Fluttershy, we should wake...the...others." Following Rarity's stare, she notice Spike and Amber curled around each other in sleep. Quietly, the two woke the other ponies to see making several smile.

As the dragon lands, he look over his shoulder before rumbling in amusement, "I know they look adorable but you need to jump off."

"Why?" Twilight look up as the Everblight looks towards the ocean. As he travels forward, the ponies slide down his back and watch as he took a running dive into the water. Minutes later, the twenty something dragonspawns surface before spitting out sea water and coughing.

The water vibrate as Everblight rose from under Chute and Thrasher, getting glares from the younger ones, "Sorry but not sorry, it was just perfect." As he laughs, the dragonspawns smirk as an orb of water the sixe of a large boulder drops on top of his head.

As the dragonspawns and ponies laugh, Everblight leers playfully at a whistling Celestia, "That's for me stealing the last Klondike bar...I deserve that."

Princess Luna points a foam spear at him while Celestia grips a rubber Zweihänder in both hands while smirking, "We shalt defeat ye and yon brood, dragon."

Seeing the ponies equip with various beach toys, including Pinkie Pie with a water cannon, he glance at his children and winks before they rise around him, "Neigh for it shalt be ye whose shalt be bowing in defeat."

"Have at ye!/Have at thee!" the group of dragonspawns dive at the ponies, spitting water while the Twilight Sparkle, Twilight Velvet, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie fired foam arrows and water balloons as the other ponies charge forward with foam and rubber weapons.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "That...was just what we needed Lulu," Celestia leans back on the towel while watching the girls play volleyball with a smirk. Looking over at her sister in a black monokini that push up her high F cup breast winking at passing stallions, "Luna, must you?"

"If ye got, flaunt it," smirk at her older sister, she points at Celestia bandeau that strains on her own bust, "tis be a kindness on your mammary."

"LULU!" blushing before looking nervously around, Celestia smile as the stallions depart swiftly once Everblight grins at them, "you can't say such personal things."

"Well the beach is just our now, so why don't ye let loose," the older princess wonders if her sister is already drunk before sighing and nervously removing her top. As she does this, the Elements and the other two adults ponies look over. One by one, they disrobe.

Rarity face reddens before looking around, "Why would you-"

"Come on Rare," Applejack slings an arm over Rarity as Rainbow Dash playfully pokes Rarity's side, "it's just us, the princesses and Twi's parents here."

"Well what about our draconic friends," smiling nervously, she motion over to the Everblight and his spawns. As the dragonspawns and dragon shrug before saying every dragon was with another dragon, she sighs before unstrapping her bikini, "No one asking Fluttershy to do this."

"...Where is Flutter," as soon as the words left Pinkie Pie's mouth, a fully naked Fluttershy whoop as she dove into the ocean.

As she surface with a large grin, she freeze as the ponies gape at her. Sheepishly scratching her mane, she hides her face behind her pink mane, "Um, I'm kind of...well I...practice naturism."

As the dragonspawns join in the shock, Everblight and Luna laugh before he looks down at the nocturnal princess, "It's always the quiet ones, ain't it!" As the others join in the laughter, no one notice a strange cloud coming from the Frozen North.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ember watch as her father Torch flew towards the beach, determination and exhaustion in his eyes. Most of the spawns had gone their separate ways once they learn that the dragonlord could no longer command them. As more and more of them left, those that remain realize that they have become directionless.

Eventually, there came the cold hard fact that her father didn't have much longer before he dies. Only bonding with a true dragon could help him and the one he was bond to had been killed by the white dragon. They were happy when Lordaing had 'died' at the hand of an obvious kinder dragon.

Ember knew that most other dragons would have killed them along with their master...but not him. As former dragonlord Torch breath out a labored breath, he look to his daughter one last time, "E-Ember, once the last drake, dragoness and fledgling has bond with him...eat the scepter."

"But you said to ne-" seeing the pain filled look in his eyes, she smile before hugging his neck for the last time, "I-I will...I love you papa."

"I...love you..mor-," the light in his eyes dim before his body began plummeting to the group of dragonspawns and ponies.

Taking a deep breath, she look her fellows with sad but focus eyes, "Le-Let's meet our new lord."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The still naked group gather under the great dragon's wing, roasting marshmallows for s'mores under the cover of night. Laughter erupts as the girls and the princesses heard about one of Garble's story, "-so my foot's totally stuck in there right. I'm freaking out, the timberwolf's having a seizure and I still got half a diamond left."

Rolling her eyes, Amber cuddles closer to Spike as he chuffs in amusement, "He's been telling that story since three years ago...and it has yet to change a bit."

"So he's telling the truth, shocking," as Garble flick Spike off, the others laugh even harder. Before any of them could continue, Everblight turns to his right which draws attention, "Dad, what's wr-"

The sound of wind whistling catch them off guard before a large teal scaled dragon almost crash close beside Everblight. Holding the dead dragon's corpse gently, he look up along with the others and see a large group of dragonspawns gliding towards them. As they land, the ponies hid behind the wall of Everblight's brood as the old dragon approach the tired youngsters, "How can I help you?"

"We want to...serve you my lord," as the dragoness kneels before him, Everblight could see the exhaustion in the groups' eyes, "we don't have much-"

"Don't worry about that, come so I can help however I can," as dragonspawns move forward, he notice their scales lack a luster and a few look familiar. As soon as the ponies step away in their beach clothes, his children move forward to greet their kin.

As Everblight adjust the blight in a large dragonspawn with only one left, he felt the the leylines shake before the young blue dragoness cringe in pain. As a ruby glow emanates from her chest, Spike and Ember begin glowing a deep emerald color as well before a pulse of magic push everyone back.

Looking over, the group gaze at the trio of eighty meter diameter eggs. One of them was cyan with red scale like growth along one side long ways. Another was green with silver scales encircling the egg and the final one was purple with green scales covering the bottom of it.

As the group look at the trio, the eggs pulse magic like a large heart before Everblight blinks in surprise, "Huh well, that's a thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Spike's eyes are close but he still see his father worrying over him and the two other containers. He feels as Everblight breathe flames over them, ensuring they stay warm. If not him, then Garble or Chute or any of the other dragonspawns would swoop over to make sure they haven't perish.

Opening his mind to Amber, he see that she has once more left Ember mind to meet him. The connection and warmth of their love fills the pair of eggs with a strong glow before they rest again.

The time is nigh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yawning widely, Everblight looks up when he hears another powerful roar before Nidoboros lands in his awkward three limb position. He could still remember when Nidoboros set out to prove that the dragons could fight against Toruk and how close he came to being eaten and return to the dragonfather.

As Nidoboros walks over with a respectful nod, the pair turn to Blighterghast as he clears his gullet, "Now that we're all here, how long have these three been in this state Everblight?"
"Four months," looking to Halfang as she grips his shoulder, he smile for the small comfort, "from what I can tell, they're close to awakening."

"I want to know what will happen to Amber and Spike," as the other true dragons turn to Ashnephos in shock, causing him to snort in contempt, "think about it, they were dragonspawns that are becoming true dragons due to the magic of an athanc."

"You think...that could still be like a dragonspawn," Halfang eyes widen as did several other dragons, "they might not need to eat or sleep...but they might-"

"Breed and sire new dragons," the others turn swiftly to Everblight who look at the trio with calm eyes. It only took a few seconds before Blighterghast roar loudly and slams the smaller dragon down. As the others crouch, prepare to attack Blighterghast, they blink in surprise as Everblight waves them off, "Is this really necessary brother."

"When...were you going to tell us about your plan," slowly, the others comprehend why Blighterghast look prepare to commit fratricide.

Everblight has been manipulating the other dragons' blight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As Everblight glance between his allied sibling, the members of Ponyville and the reindeers stood nervously. As the tense stand off continues, Pinkie Pie turns to Twilight, "Why are they mad at Evey?"

"He mess with his family's blight," turning to Vayl, she sighs tiredly, "he change how his siblings are to a atomic level." "A dragons blight tells how they affect the world, how they act, limits of what is possible for them to do," as Twilight gasp, Vayl nods at the unicorn, "so you see the problem."

"They're not sure if they can trust somepony who can change how they think," Twilight over her friends with worried eyes, "it would be like how pegasi and earth ponies couldn't trust unicorns to not mind control them in the old times."

As the ponies mutter amongst themselves, Everblight sighs deeply, "Are you done, ya big drama queen?" Hearing Blighterghast deep growl, Everblight snorts before breaking his brother's grip on his neck. As he brush of the dust from his hide, he see the begging glance of Halfang and three paranoid gaze of the smaller trio.

Sighing, Everblight looks over to a glowering Blighterghast in exasperation, "Why are you crying over things that I've done more than two thousand years ago?"
"Because you're acting just like Toruk," Blighterghast growls but immediately wince once the words left his maw. Nidoboros and Halfang glares at him while Charsang and Ashnephos gap stupidly at him. The worse reaction though belong to his 'younger' brother Everblight though.

Everblight stiffens before a deep savage growl cause the ground rumble. His athanc glows with blue fire and his eyes ignites before he turns around with visible tears of magma dripping from his eyes, "Of all the things, I expected you to say...you would say I'm aCTING LIKE HIM!?"

"THE ONE WHO CONDEMNED ME TO BEING LEFT BEHIND," stepping forward, his wings still open as rage clouded his eyes, "THE ONE WHO WOULD GLADLY HAVE SCARIFICED EVERYTHING JUST SO WE HAD SEEN HIM AS A GOD AND NOT A MONSTER!?"

"THE ONE WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO GUIDE US, STRENGTHS US, LOVE US AND YOU BELIEVE I.AM.JUST.LIKE.HIM," the acidity of his voice froze Blighterghast as Everblight got face to face with him.

"Who was it that went against his word to tell you how to come back from a raid alive," uncaring of any response, Everblight turns away while tears drips from his eyes, "who was it that help you heal when father wanted to devour anydrakes' athanc when you return and were almost dead?"

"Who was it...that told you how to make dragonspawns, so you wouldn't feel the need that I can still feel to this day...to conquer, to raze to the ground, to pollute," rising to his full height, Everblight looks down at Blighterghast for the first time with hurt in his eyes, "who has given you everything he knows...without asking for anything?"
"...you," looking away in shame, Blighterghast hears and feels Everblight lands on all fours again.

As Everblight looks over the Everfree, he shake his head as the others move closer, "...and you dare...to say I am like Toruk." A mirthless chuckles that sounds more like a sob escapes his maw. As the others mover over to him, Everblight opens his wings wide without looking at them, "Go, just...go." "I'll let you know when they're awake," unwilling to look at them, Everblight heads into the forest.

Slowly, each dragon took to the sky until all that remains was a distraught Everblight and a guilty Blighterghast. Heaving a shuddering breathe, he took off with only a parting stare back.

And thus, the day when the alliance had been shaken.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Meanwhile in Tartarus, a frail centaur smirk into a communication crystal, "How much longer...until your Deathjack is ready Ahuizotl?"

"I'll have it ready soon," the dog like muzzle of his fellow cryxian Lich grins at him, "soon you won't be the only one of us that Lord Toruk favors."
Chuckling at the being before him, Tirek waves him off, "Come talk to me when you have enough Deathjacks to attack three continents...at the same time."

"Just how many Deathjacks do you have," the allied Lich shake his head in amusement before the crystal flickers off.

Looking through another gem, Tirek smiles as hundreds of the exact same warjack stood line up ten across and seventeen down in endless numbers, "Oh...just enough my old friend."

Meanwhile, Luna slumps over her hand while sitting on her throne. As she sleeps, a figure fades into existence without a sound. Smiling softly, she leans down gently before kissing the younger alicorn to the right of her horn. As Luna smile, she feels the bright presence of her other daughter, "Tis been too long."

Turning, she notice Celestia holding a Zweihänder with the guard looking like a sun hand guard one handed. As her eldest daughter points her blade at her, she smile softly before dropping her hood, "Come now dear Celey, let us not do this."

As the elder sister drops her sword, it woke Luna up swiftly before she to long up in surprise, "M-MOTHER!?/MAMA!?"

Hearing the hoofsteps of the night guards, Faust sighs overdramatically, "And thus the surprise has failed."

Author's Note:

And thus another chapter...tell me honestly, who saw what I did here coming. I wont even be mad if you did.