• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 9,018 Views, 47 Comments

The Dragons in the Mountains - DracoTitan



It's been years since I've arrived in this strange place. Years that tribes have chased us into secrecy. Years since I've seen my sons and daughters. Years since the light shined my hard scale and the winds carried my great wings. Now we are free

  • ...
20
 47
 9,018

Dragons Reborn

Author's Note:

Before anyone says anything, the reason behind the song was because I was listening to it while typing that part. The reason for the slower update is that I'm trying to make the chapters have more feeling. I'm also in college now, but that not as big a problem, and I do non FIMfiction on fanfiction.net. Anyways, if I am not doing a cross over with another displace, the next chapter should be about the...dragons.
Officially from this point on, all true dragons' talking will be boldified. You've been warned.

Twilight shifts nervously, chewing her lip before tears trickle from her eyes. Her friends holds onto her tightly while her mother fans her fainted father. The trio of princesses and her brother gape openly at Nurse Redheart looks on with worry, "Miss Sparkle-"

"But I-I can't be," hands balling up, Twilight stare off into the distance with wide eyes. Standing up, she rushes towards the door as the girls stands up to follow, "No, I'm not-"

"Twilight, sit down," stopping at her teacher's voice, Twilight's shoulders slump before a heart wrenching sob escapes her lips. As she slides down, Princess Celestia walks over before gathering her student and hugging tightly, "It'll be alright. Hush now, we'll always be here for you."

As the others join the hug, Twilight lips twitch upwards before her hand drifts to cup the small bump.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everblight blinks slowly as another group of reindeer walks off. Raising his head, he stretch his jaws in a yawn before gazing at the trio of forming dragons.

Not for the last time does he think back to his brother's words. Even now, he scowl at the comparison and curse Blighterghast for seeding doubt in his eyes. 'And yet,' sighing deeply before walking to them and nudging the "eggs" around, 'I can't hate him for his fears.'

Taking several steps back, he hears a sound like breaking glass before seeing pieces come falling off. Cracks spider web across the surface as the first of three, deep olive green and silver in color, hatch.

Amber's new form stands up to Everblight's chest with a single pair of wings and a second pair of arms. Her scales dulls into a dark olive color and she develops a new rack of redwood size antlers. Her form has become more stream line and a mane of silver hair run between her mane.

As she spread her wings, the cyan and red container burst open revealing its prize. The now navy blue with teal underscales dragoness is also stream line in appearance with her horns curling further like those of a great horn sheep. A smaller pair of wings extends above her hips and she grew to reach the older drake's chin.

As the two dragoness adjust to their new forms, Everblight shifts slightly as his gaze drifts towards the navy blue dragoness before Spike breaks out with a roar.

Spike's new form is a deep plum color with his emerald underscales and reach his shoulders. He grows a pair of scythe like claws that replace his hands on his second pair of arms along with his great wings that shimmer in shades of green.

Looking at them with a small smile, Everblight walks forward softly. Nuzzling Spike and Amber gently, he breathes easily for weeks, "It's good to have you back my children."
Separating from them, he hears the sound of heavy wing beats. Slowly, the dragonspawns descend upon the quartet with curious eyes. As Chute reunites with her sister, the draconic beings trumpet in joy at the reunion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everblight drifts awake with his noise flaring open. Looking up, he watch as Spike and Amber flew away towards the badlands. Shaking his head, Everblight notice Ember sadly gazing to the empty sky.

Ember looks up as she hears Everblight growl deeply from his chest, a bag of amethysts and pearls dangling from his jaw. Smiling politely with a blush, she reach forward slowly before taking the offered treats. The Mane Six, the ponies and the reindeers all watch from a far.

"Wat in Equestria sake are they doin over there," looking over at the pair, Applejack turn to a giggling Rarity with a raise eyebrow, "wat the hey are-"

"Quiet down you two," the pair turn to see Twilight jotting down notes while munching on a rare cheeseburger, to the disgust of some. Because ponies, reindeers and minotaurs evolve from herbivores, some ponies tend to frown on the consumption of meals that consists of meat.

As Twilight writes down another line, they hear her hum and talk to herself, "I can't believe this is happening."

"What's happening?"

"Huh, oh sorry, it's just...Everblight is showing signs of trying to court Ember," seeing them look over curiously, Twilight blushes before ringing her hands together, "well it's something that Spike and Amber did before they left." "First, the male would present himself with jewels that represents himself and wait for the female to eat them."

Meanwhile with the dragons, Ember scrapes Everblight's side with her spines. "The female would then rub affectionately to show her willingness to settle down with eggs."

"Then what?"

"They sky dance."

"Well, where the hey ar-"

The group goes quiet as the pair of dragons pump their wings as Garble begin to sing while Vex plays on a piano, Puff brought out his violin, and Clump on the drums.

Ember loose a roar before heading towards the mountain, outpacing the older drake. A deeper bellow echoes in return make her dip as Everblight swoops playfully.

Circling around each other, their voices escalates before they broke apart. In Canterlot, several nobles look in the sky to see the two dragons fly past the city before the wind picks up.

As they fly on after swinging around the mountain, Faust smile at the pair go off. The pair race forward, twirling around each other before ascending and breaking into the thermosphere.

Meanwhile in Appleloosa, ponies and buffalo look up as the two dragons circle around each one last time before locking claws and talons.

Spiraling down until the last moment, the pair breaks apart before coating a patch of desert land with blue and ruby color flames. As they rise again into the lower stratosphere, Braeburn look over to the old bison, "What the hey was THAT for?!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight yawns widely before looking outside the library. It's been a few weeks since Everblight had shock the other dragons by flying Ember.

Spike and Amber had briefly mention assisting the older dragon in his fights before they disappear. Looking outside again, Twilight sighs before finally rising from her desk, "Spike, where are you...I miss you."

"Who."

"Please Owlowiscous, not today," as she turns from the raptor, she makes her way to the bathroom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep underground, Spike nudge the sixteen carriage size eggs into the large fire pit. Hearing Amber shifting, he backs off as she begins stacking stones to form a kiln. As she does so, he hears the sound of claws clicking across the rocks before Everblight walks in, "Spike, how are you doing?"

"Going well, Amber is just getting ready now," the pair of drakes turn as Amber breathe a small amount of fire over the eggs. Walking out as she partially seals herself in, Spike smirk at the old dragon, "How's her ladyship?"

"I swear if I hear her say that again, I'll spank her tail until her flanks are as red as her fire," the serious façade breaks as he thinks of the blue dragoness guarding his next generation.

The pair walks forward while being mindful of the diamond dogs underclaw. Jaws widening, the pair dive into the underground magma pool before sighing in relief, "You spoken to Twilight yet?"

"Since Amber and our eggs are secure, I was hoping to meet up with her soon," the purple dragon stretch his wings slightly before hearing Everblight sigh, "what's up now?"

"Hm...oh it's nothing just...need to go and speak to the others," a deep rumble escape from his chest before he raise himself up, "been putting it off for long enough and the diamond dogs know not to try to starve them."

Rubbing his chin, Spike nods before rising up, "I'll send some nephilims over while I'm at Ponyville. Heard that Queeny has completely broken."
Once the pair of dragons travel through the tunnel circuit, they took off in separate direction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike lands on the outskirts of Ponyville, a whimsical smile on his muzzle before he plods into town. Smelling her and the unborn colt before he could see her, he crouch down as a five month pregnant Twilight rush over to him, "Sorry it's been so long."

"It's good to have you back for a little while," hugging a finger, the young unicorn beams up at her long time friend and assistant, "so how's Amber doing?"

"Just finish laying her eggs...I was afraid she would melt the cave with her fire," the dragon laughs before feeling Twilight poke and prod and simply raise an eyeridge.

"Should I tell Princess Celestia that she's a grandma~?"

"TWILIGHT!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blighterghast struggles as a bulky blue dragon slowly force him to bend a knee. As the dragon brings his tail around for another bone shattering strike, blue fire dance down the enemy's back before a sonic boom can be heard.

"Nelmarix, you really don't want any of this," the pair turn as Everblight descends with cross arms and narrow eyes, "if you keep this up then it'll only be easier for Toruk to hunt you down."

"You really belie-"

"I sensed his slight awakening clearer than any other," raising an eyeridge, his voice takes on a drawl, "do you really WANT to take the chance?" The two dragons stand off until the bulkier of the pair seem to sag in exhaustion and takes flight. Looking over to Blighterghast, Everblight holds a hand out for the older of the pair to take, "I'm gone for a few months and ya can't even take on Nelmarix?"

"You saw him, he got swole," grasping his brother's talon, Blighterghast eases himself into a standing position. Silence trails on between the two as they continue to look at the ground. The sound of dragonspawns flying over made the pair sigh tiredly.

"I apologize/ Sorry bro," the pair look at each other in shock before they each burst out laughing.

Everblight manage to stop first before scratching the back of his head nervously, "I should have told you guys my plans back when I introduce the dragonspawns."

"Yeah well," clearing his throat, Blighterghast gains a guilty expression, "it doesn't change the fact that I compare you to Him."

Before a more comfortable silence could pass by, Everblight sighs deeply, "Who do you THINK first came up with the idea?" "I mean it wouldn't have worked back then," he spoke quickly once he see the look on his brother's muzzle, "we were, at best, living machines." "But when I first introduce the concept of dragonspawns," shaking his head and taking the common quadruped stance, Everblight moves forward knowing Blighterghast is following, "the plan was for them to eventually replace us."

"A dragon specie that would adapt to any type of change," slowly nodding his head, he glance at his brother out of the corner of his eyes, "you thought that we would die out, killed off by the ponies and minotaurs."

Nodding his head, Everblight turns to Blighterghast with a smile, "While I'm glad I am wrong, this posed a new problem." "While we true dragons don't need to eat, when we have hatchlings or when the dragonspawns get hungry," seeing the flinch from his brother, Everblight smile begins to widen, "hence, my final plan."

"Ah yes, the Star Drake plan. How does it go," seeing Everblight grumble under his breath, Blighterghast chuckles deeply before looking at his kin, "so what do you need for this to work?"

"I planned for eighteen true dragons and dragonesses to be sent to near by planets but...that's when the corruption overcame me," a tired sigh escapes from his maw before he turn to Blighterghast, "as more of us are sent out, the more we can expand before we become a galactic nation." "But then I began to include ponies in the plan so now, I have to find planets with enough of an atmosphere that they can live in."
Seeing his brother pinch his bridge, Blighterghast places a talon on his brother's shoulder, "We'll come up with something." As the pair smirk at each other, Blighterghast points behind him, "Now say hi to our allies."

As Everblight turns, he see Ashnephos and Nidoboros standing next to Halfang and Charsang who look annoy. A few dozen dragons circle above while more of them lands out of the valley. A nervous smile cross his face as Halfang stalks up to him, "Hey beloved sis-"

"Do you have...any idea what it's like to have several carriage size object go through an opening that is about the diameter of a gazelle?" as the dragoness glares at him, Everblight slowly backs away only to be block by Charsang who grins savagely at him before he whimpers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember chuckles as a partially singe Everblight stumbles into their cave, "Had fun, milord?"

"Ember...now's not the time," even as he crumples into himself and his life-mate laughs loudly at his pain, a smile edge its way onto his muzzle before he snuggles into her side.

A bright flash of light cause the pair to crouch protectively over the 'nest' until a trio of ponies are revealed.

Standing behind the two princesses is a tall goldish gray alicorn with amaranth mane and glowing arctic blue eyes smile at the pair, "Tis joyous to see ye again nephew!"

The ancient dragon first response would cause his life-mate to laugh loudly, but he was to busy drifting unconscious to care.