• Published 2nd Jul 2016
  • 9,018 Views, 47 Comments

The Dragons in the Mountains - DracoTitan



It's been years since I've arrived in this strange place. Years that tribes have chased us into secrecy. Years since I've seen my sons and daughters. Years since the light shined my hard scale and the winds carried my great wings. Now we are free

  • ...
20
 47
 9,018

The War Continues

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long. But hey, at least it will probably not happen again...okay that's maybe pushing it. Just read this and know I'm sorry and such.

Starlight Glimmer ducks under a beam of arcane energy before engulfing her hands in necromantic energy, “THIS WASN’T HOW IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE!”

“Too mutherbucking bad,” Twilight Sparkle snarls at the stronger than usual unicorn as several dragons twist and turn over the remains of Our Town. The alicorn had just managed to prevent Glimmer from changing the past. Even as they fought through time, the sight of dragons and dragonspawns could always be seen.

Turning her body, Twilight stomps on the ground before skeletal hands grabs the unicorn in their grasps, “And to think...I truly believed you when you killed Ahuizotl. Or was that in the plan too!”

Breaking free from the blast, Starlight screams in pain as Twilight launches a beam of fire magic into stomach. Bouncing several times, the unicorn lets her tear stream down her eyes. Feeling as she’s pulled up by her mane, Starlight throws a fist only for it to be grabbed in Twilight’s and slowly crushed.

“MAYBE IT WAS THE THOUGHT OF YOUR MASTER’S MEMBER IN YOU THAT MADE YOU ATTACK MY FAMILY!” throwing the unicorn to the ground, Twilight kicks Starlight through three trees as her mane burst into flames, “so please...give me ONE REASON why I shouldn’t kill you.”

Coughing up blood, Starlight holds her shattered arm close to chest before looking at the enraged alicorn, “Because I am doing everything that I can to fix this. Because I didn’t kill your children, I fix almost everything that I changed-”

Dragging the unicorn to her now six year old fillies, Twilight slams the unicorn’s head into the ground, “EVERYTHING HUH?! MY CHILDREN AND THE CAKE TWINS ARE STUCK THIS WAY, YOU SHALLOW BITCH!” Throwing the unicorn back, Twilight fires another beam of pyroclasmic magic into Starlight.

Bouncing of the boulder with a sickening crack, Starlight is forced through through the boulder with a shuddering gasp. Rolling over herself, Starlight curls into a ball as Twilight looks at her daughters. Blinking through tears, Starlight looks up as Twilight looms over her with a straight face, “I know that I don’t deserve mercy...but I ask that you don’t become the evil that th-that I have seen in one of many futures.”

Minutes pass as Everblight finishes off Pyromalfic in the background before Twilight stabs a hand into Starlight’s stomach. A gasp escapes Glimmer as she is picked up by Twilight. Walking close to the four children, Twilight covers them in her magic before they vanish.

Starlight Glimmer whimpers as she is thrown into a chair, blood streaming from the hole in her stomach as Twilight hands a relieved Pinkie Pie the now six year old Pound and Pumpkin Cake, “Stop crying. I’ll come up with a good punishment for you in a little bit.”

Hugging her two twins, Twilight gives a shuddering sigh as they hug her back. Pulling back slightly, Twilight notices Dawn Star’s frown. As the youngest unicorn glares at Starlight, Dawn Star holds Bright Dusk’s hand, “Mama, I think you should help out Chrysalis and Fluffle Puff out. Didn’t you say that they wanted to try for kids?”

“You’re right...but first,” throwing a ball of pure mana at Starlight, Twilight focuses on the screaming villain, “she needs a little...tuning.”

---------------

Giving a sigh, Everblight looks over the battlefield alongside Spike, “Are you sure you want to take charge? You’ll could be losing your life in this endeavor.”

“Come on pops, you worry too much,” spreading his wings, Spike descends on the battlefield with a thunderous roar. Ponies and reindeer cheer as green-blue fire burns the undead and the New Cryxian horde howl in rage. Before he can circle around for another pass, Spike could barely hold back a pain filled roar as explosions rakes his back.

Even as the sky fills with airships, Everblight swiftly jumps into the air with his own roar. Dodging out the way of countless mana spheres, he grabs two of the airships before throwing them to the harsh ground. Spinning around, Everblight evades another barrage even as two dracolich dives towards him.

A deep growl escapes from his maw as Everblight speeds past them both and crash through the largest of the airships. As the ship plummets, Everblight gives an annoyed grunt as the smaller of the two dracolich bites into his shoulder. Ignoring the fire of the larger of the two, Everblight throws the dracolich into an airship that had gotten too close for the crew to flee.

Turning around, Everblight launches spheres of plasma infused fireballs at the larger dracolich and several of the other airships. Even as the dracolich and the airships plummets to the ground, Everblight was turning as blighted griffons were dropped off from the back of dragonspawns while a large dark blue dragoness race towards him.

‘Two dracolich down,’ grappling the equal sized dragon, Everblight bites into her wing joint with a flaming jaw, “one idiot bitch to go!”

-----------------

Giving a brief sigh, Queen Faust examines her two ruffled daughters and the stoic nephilims. They had just finished slaying the last of the nobles after it was revealed that they had taken to serving Toruk.

Hearing hoofsteps, she glance at a slightly out of breath Prince Blueblood as he flicks ectoplasmic blood off his short sword, “Blueblood, thou seem to be better at thine craft then we haft last seen.”

“Yes your majesty, I had taken a looking to my path and found it...lacking,” barely glancing over, the prince flicks a throwing knife into the head of a noble that Princess Luna has at her hoof, “you miss one Auntie.”

“Neigh, he was already dead,” glaring at the unicorn, only Faust and Celestia notice as a nephilim bloodseer passed a fire ruby to a grinning nephilim protector.

“Than why, my wonderful Lunar Aunt, was he still twitching?”

“Because, dearest nephew, our scythe is lodged into his spinal column!” ripping the scythe from the corpse, Princess Luna growls as Blueblood throws another knife into the corpse, “wilt thou stop that?!”

“Nope!” smirking at his Aunt, Blueblood frowns as a horde of undead race towards them, “Of course they made thralls. Guess we’ll just have to re raise them properly.”

“Aye/Indeed/Agreed!” as the four ponies ready their weapons, they couldn’t help giving each other a small smirk before lunging at horde with nephilims trailing behind.

------------------

Twilight Sparkle smiles as Pound Cake wrestles with Scootaloo while Sweetie Belle studies alongside Dawn Star and Bright Dusk and Applebloom stare down each other. Flipping through her tome, Twilight jots down several lines of spells before looking to her right as a portal opens, “How was your trip, Glimmer?”

“It was...informative,” stumbling from the portal, a purple fluffle pony walks over with a wince, “I apologize, I...I didn’t mean for everything to get out of hand like it did.”

“Just don’t buck up again and I won’t buck you up again,” even as she focus on the foals, Twilight feels as wind breeze over her as Everblight lands. As she turns to greet the elder dragon, she gasp at the state that Spike was in. One of his scythe like clawed arms was harshly torn from its place, his right wing was snapped and bloody and his lower jaw was split in two while his deep plum scale had become covered in blood.

As the other ponies all rush at the injured drake, Twilight watch as Everblight sags before heading towards the Everfree. Following the dragon with a scowl, she fails to care as her mane burst into flames. As soon as the older dragon stops, he gives Twilight a bland look, “You’re honestly going to blame me for his injuries? I gave him a chance to back out and he-”

Firing a necromantic beam from her hands, Twilight growls as Everblight forms a mana shield that sends the beam into the sky, “BULLSHIT! THERE’S NO WAY THAT SPIKE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO UNBELIEVABLY RETARDED!” Slamming a fist into a tree, Twilight picks it up before throwing it at him before firing three beams of fire.

Letting the tree shatter against his scales, Everblight slaps the fire beams into the ground with a frown, “Oh really? Like how you didn’t think that Glimmer was lying when she said that Ahuizotl was going to attack?” Sending a column of magma at the alicorn, the dragon’s face twist into one of rage as Twilight freezes his attack and creates an ice dragon, “or how about when she FUCKING TRICKED YOU TO KILL THREE HUNDRED MINOTAURS?! YOU THINK I DIDN’T KNOW WHEN YOU TWO BEGAN TO MESS WITH THE TIMELINE?! YOU ALMOST CAUSED THE DEATH OF THE MINOTAURS’ ROYAL FAMILY!” Watching her flinch as he rips the spinal cord of the ice construct, Everblight slams it into her chest lightly. As Twilight flies into the air with a gasp, the dragon grabs the alicorn while glaring at her, “I had given him a choice to help take down the New Cryxian airships. It was his choice to accept the damn mission and he would not want anybeing questioning his choices...he’s a full grown drake, SO START TREATING HIM LIKE ONE INSTEAD OF A WEAK HATCHLING!”

Even as Twilight was let go, she gives the dragon a dark glare before she heads back to the library. With a deep huff, Everblight turns away and heads towards an opening.

------------------------

Discord glances at the armored being before him with barely held disgust, twelve swords circling around the chaos spirit, “So...Sombra’s little plan. To be honest, I don’t know whether to be insulted or pleased.”

“Why not both, the figure gives him a dark smirk, green flames for eyes giving the chaos spirit a sense of dread, “after all, imitation is the best form of flattery. But then again-” Before Discord could snap a finger, the swords around him shatter as a spear like weapon pierce through his chest. Looking down with a shock expression, Discord is dragged into a glass bottle as the figure looks as each shattered sword turns into a satyr shaped golem, “-that implies that you’re the best version.”

As the figure walks forward, the light shows that the being has the same horns as Discord while his left wing is those of a crow and the right was close to being fully skeletal. Swinging his spear around, the undead clone gives the golems a smug smirk, “So then....who wants daddy’s belt?”