• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 9,379 Views, 209 Comments

Mother Nightmare - SnowCrystal802



16-yr-old Twilight has been held in a stasis spell for a millennia. Since her mother was banished from Equestria. What happens when she comes back?

  • ...
31
 209
 9,379

Mother

Twilight landed on her rump, a few blocks away from Town Hall. Her eyes were wide as she tried to process what had just happened. Tears began to form in her eyes as she went over it. Her mother had looked right at her just before Sunset teleported her away. Why that horrid mare didn't want her to be with her mother, she didn't know. More tears appeared and began to roll down her cheeks. She lit her horn and dispelled the disguise spell, wrapping her wings around herself. She let out a heavy sob as she started to shake.

After a few minutes, a dark purple mist shot out of the hall, away from her and towards the Everfree forest. She whimpered and continued to cry silently, still shaking. Her grief was interrupted by a loud gasp. Twilight turned around, her eyes wide as she saw her five friends. Rarity was out cold, sprawled on the ground while the other four were staring at her, wide-eyed. She sighed and stood up, folding her wings against her sides. Twilight pawed at the ground, her eyes downcast.

"Y... you... YOU"RE AN ALICORN?!" Twilight was forced to sit from Rainbow's shout. Her ears flicked back and she winced at the volume. In fact, the volume jolted Rarity awake, her eyes wide with shock. Her eyes locked on Twilight and she wobbled slightly. Twilight sighed, her gaze going down. The girls looked at each other, confused. Fluttershy sighed and stood, her hooves quietly thumping on the dirt as she approached the purple mare. Twilight's wings were slightly stuck out and trembling as she began to whimper. Concerned, the young pegasus sat down and opened her mouth.

"Well, Princess Twilight, how are you doing, my friend ?" The six mares turned and glared at the light orange mare, her turquoise eyes narrowed in a smug smirk. Twilight narrowed her eyes and began to growl, her horn sparking from agitation. She pinned her ears back and stood, puffing out her wings. Sunset grinned, trotting towards them as Twilight's agitation grew. Her assistant, Spike was running after her, his eyes wide. Fluttershy smiled and walked over, her eyes guarded but friendly. Twilight turned towards Rainbow, both locking eyes with the same worried expression. Sunset turned towards Fluttershy and her smug look turned icy.

"Hi. I'm Fluttershy. What's your name?" Fluttershy's ears pricked, waiting for Sunset's answer. The orange mare growled and sniffed, a look of superiority in her eyes. Twilight sighed and stepped forward, her ears pinned back.

"Fluttershy, this is Sunset Shimmer, my auntie's prized pupil, along with her assistant Spike. Sunset, this is Fluttershy." Sunset huffed and lit her horn, the light flaring. In a split second, she vanished in a flash of light, taking Spike with her. Twilight sighed and dropped her head again, her eyes downcast.

"Listen, girls, I just need some time to myself. I... I'll see you later, okay?" The girls let out murmurs of agreement and turned, taking off. Twilight watched them leave before teleporting to the fields outside the town. now that she was alone, she broke. Twilight dropped, wrapping her hooves around her muzzle and sobbing for a whole ten minutes. As she calmed down, her mother's old lullaby popped into her head. Her mother always called it Daughter of the Moon.
Twilight turned her eyes towards the stars and started to sing, her voice rolling out over the hill. More tears began to roll down her cheeks as she sang, her sad voice soon reaching the ears of a certain black mare.


Luna stood behind Town Hall, looking at the stars. Her ears were pressed down and her mane was flicking in annoyance. Celestia had had the nerve to blame her for what happened and to call her Nightmare Moon, therefore making her like some sort of villain. Luna snarled and conjured a ghost of her sister before shooting point-blank at it. The jet black mare got to her hooves and started walking, looking around at the quaint little town. As she walked, a gentle voice reached her ears. A calming melody was coming from the fields, peaking Luna's interest. As she approached, the mare added words, making her stop dead in her tracks.

As she listened to the familiar words, a feeling of shock and pure joy filled her. She took off in the direction of the voice, barely daring to hope. When she crested the hill, she stared at the source of the beautiful singing. It was a small lavender mare with a dark blue mane and large wings. As she lifted her head, the silver light illuminated her long, slender horn. Along with the purple stripes in her mane and tail. As the song ended, she curled up and began shaking, her wings going limp and spreading out over the grass. Luna sighed and trotted down the hill towards the crying mare. As she got a lot closer, she finally saw her cutie mark. A purple starburst with five white ones. Just like her daughter.

She trotted around in front of her daughter and lied down, concern shining in her eyes. Luna reached out a hoof and placed it on Twilight's shoulders, making her jump and look up. Her eyes widened and she went rigid, her mouth opening slightly. Luna smiled and placed her hoof on Twilight's cheek. A single second passed before the lavender mare launched into her mother, wrapping her hooves around her neck. Twilight let out loud, heavy sobs as she held onto her mother in a death grip. Luna fell onto her back, wrapping her wings around the purple mare. After a short while, the duo released each other and sat up.

"Mom. I missed you so much." Luna gently placed a hoof on her cheek before leaning forwards and placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead.

"I missed you to, my little star. Did your aunt care for you well?" Twilight looked down and sighed, her ears drooping. She squeezed her eyes shut, shivering. Red flags went off in Luna's head and she nuzzled her daughter, providing comfort. Twilight whimpered and pressed into her mother's chest, still shaking.

"She kept me in stasis for the whole time. I don't remember any of it." Luna's eyes widened and she snarled, making Twilight jump.

"No, it's okay, my little star. I'm not angry with you." Twilight smiled and pressed into her mother's belly, letting out purrs of joy. Luna smiled and held her baby close. She was never going to lose her foal again.