• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 9,061 Views, 505 Comments

The Stranger With a Big Iron on Her Hip - Omega_code



Scarlet is taken to Equestria and isn't quite happy being there.

  • ...
38
 505
 9,061

Chapter 4

Thanks again to ProtheanBrony for proofreading this. Enjoy.
_____________________________________________________________________



“Ohhhh,” Applejack moaned as she slowly regained consciousness. Her head was still spinning and she felt as if she was just bucked in the head. As she opened her eyes, she could see that the world was tilted on its side. She tried to move, but found her legs bound to each other. Then she remembered what happened to her.

She wiggled around a bit, and found the rope was slightly loose, showing the lack of skill the strange creature had with it. Soon Applejack was free and shook the rope off. She found her hat lying not far from her and she grabbed it, but before she put it on her head, she saw some red spots inside the hat. Remembering when the creature stuffed her hat in her face, Applejack rubbed her muzzle with the back of her hoof. As she finished she looked at it and she noticed several small pieces of dry blood on her fur.

“Applejack, you still here?” she heard Braeburn calling out.

“Yeah, I’m still here,” she shouted back. Braeburn came into view and smiled his trademark smile.

“Well there you are, you been gone for twelve minutes. I was wondering what…,” he noticed the rope and small dried strips of blood on AJ’s face, “…happened.”

“I think I just met the 'hairless ape' the little filly saw on the tracks.” Braeburn looked at AJ with disbelief. “Look, Braeburn, I’m the Element of Honesty; I ain't making this up.”

“And you thought you’ll just go up to it and roped it?!”

“Well…I explain later. For now I think we need Little Strongheart’s help.”

********************************

“I can’t believe you decided to face a creature twice your size,” Braeburn shouted in distress as Applejack explained what happen at the apple orchard, “just because it ate an apple!”

“You know me Braeburn, I don’t like anypony stealing apples from us…I just kind of lost it.”

“If you two keep yammering, we might lose this creature,” Strongheart said, annoyed. The two ponies stopped talking and Strongheart went back to tracking the creature. Since she was little, Strongheart had been trained to reading different kinds of animal tracks. Theses track usually helped in finding new sources of water, food, or even tell if there were any predators lurking around in the area. After Applejack told her the creature was about the size of a minotaur she kept a eye out for tracks the size of one. However the tracks she were finding were more flat than round, which was unfamiliar to her, but she could still read them.

After knocking out Applejack, it hastily went to the river bed and then quickly headed for the hills. As the three of them were ascending up the hillside, Strongheart noticed some deep impressions in the gravel, meaning that the creature ran up the hill as quickly as it could. Once on top Strongheart pointed out a big disturbed area, meaning the creature was waiting there for a while looking over the apple orchard; Applejack was a bit uneased by that. But after that the tracks were getting harder for Strongheart to find. Strongheart did the best she could, but eventually she was at standstill. Shaking her head she said, “I can’t follow these tracks anymore.”

“Why, what’s wrong?” Applejack asked.

“The creature is being careful of where its step is being place. It’s avoiding any sort of vegetation and stepping in places where the wind can easy blow them away. I'd say it is very experienced in hiding in the desert, and it could be anywhere by now.”

“Oh gosh darn it,” Applejack said will stomping her hoof. Right as she stomped her hoof there was a small bang, causing everyone’s ears to perk up. “Ya’ll heard that?” Braeburn and Strongheart both nodded their heads. Shortly after a gryphon’s roar could be heard and it was followed by another bang.

“It’s coming from the other side of that cliff,” Strongheart said, pointing her hoof at the nearby cliff.

“Come on, let's go see what’s going on over there,” Braeburn said as he galloped to a slope that led up the cliff.

*********************************

“Yep…even the water is irradiated.” After Scarlet got back to her makeshift campsite, she wanted to see if the water from the river was irradiated. Due to the Y-3 implant, she had to take her right glove off and pour the water on her hand. She had to drain the whole bottle to make her Pip-boy to click a few times. “It’s just a very small amount though.” She looked out in the distance thinking, So this either means this world also had nuclear war and the water is still tainted, or there’s a radiation leak somewhere up the river.

As she was thinking, a shadow passed in front of her on the desert floor. It was too big to be a bird, and it wasn’t a bug since she saw it only had two wings. Slowly, she pulled out Maria and got up, and quickly spun around with the gun pointing at the creatures that landed behind her. The creatures looked like something Doctor Borous would’ve made, with the head of some sort of bird and a body of some kind of mammal, and there were four of them standing right in front of her. Two were brown, one was gray and the other was black.

“There's no need to be hostile, we just want to talk,” the black one surprising said in English.

Scarlet raised an eyebrow, “You can speak English?”

“No, but with the help of this necklace,” he gestured at a blue crystal around his neck, “you and I can understand each other. My name is Stromwing”

“I see,” Scarlet lowered Maria, but didn’t holster it. “So, what do want to talk about, Stromwing?”

“As you may have noticed, you’re no longer on your world.” You don’t say, Scarlet thought out loud to herself. “You see, our master was experimenting with a spell, and it seemed to partially open in your world, and somehow you were pulled out of your world and brought here. Our master sensed your coming here and if you wish, he can help you get back to your own world.”

“I see…,” This is too easy. Somethings up, “well then, I guess I accept his offer.”

Stromwing smiled and said, “Excellent, now if you please follow us…”

Scarlet interrupted him, “Not just yet. First you must bring your master here so we can talk face to face. I don’t follow people I just met, nor do I fully make deals with people I haven’t met in person, so I’m not going anywhere till then.”

Stromwing frowned, “Well then, I guess we have to used others means to convince you otherwise.” He tilted his head up and gave a small nod. Sudden Scarlet felt something pierce the side of her neck. She quickly reached up and pulled out a small wood stick with some fuzz on the end. She then glanced up and saw two more creatures, one had some sort of weapon and the other carried rope and metal braces.

“You see human, our master told us to bring you no matter what you said.” He chuckled slightly, “Sweet dreams.”

Stromwing expected Scarlet to try her best to fight against the poison, but soon the poison would work its course and make her muscles immoveable and she’d fall flat on her face.

Unexpectedly, she still stood, and wasn’t even stumbling as her muscles were supposed to tighten against her will. Scarlet dropped the dart and took off her sunglasses as she holstered Maria, showing she had her eyes closed.

“You were going to poison me hoping that it would knock me out, and then bound me up like some kind of slave?” She opened her blue eyes and glared at Stromwing, “Bad move.” She drew Lucky out of its holster and aimed it at Stromwing.

Frightened, Stromwing turned to one of his men shouting out an order, “Get he…,” was all he got to say before a bullet tunneled through the side of his head. Blood splattered across the nearest creature’s face, which was the gray one and he blinked a few times. He turned his head at Scarlet and unleashed a challenging roar and charged right at her.

The creature leapt at her, but Scarlet simply side stepped away and let the gray one land a few feet from her. She aimed Lucky at the back of its head and fired another round. The bullet easily pierced the gray one’s head and part of his head burst open. Scarlet turned her attention to the two brown ones who were positioning themselves to take Scarlet in two different directions.

Nice try, with a single thought the world around her seemed to slow down as she entered V.A.T.S. With the help of her Pip-Boy she choose a spot on each creature and soon her gun, with lightning fast speed, aimed at the head of the one on her right and fired. She could see the bullet barrowing in its head before her Pip-Boy made her turn to face the other and fired at the head again. This time when the bullet made contact, the brown one's head exploded, meaning the bullet hit a sweet spot on the skull. The world sped back up to regular time and Scarlet turned her head at the last two in the air.

They were both in shock and in fear of what they saw to their fellow brethrens who were killed so quickly, they decided to flee instead of engaging Scarlet.

They dropped what they were carrying and flew high into the air. “Oh, you’re not getting away that easy.” Scarlet quickly grabbed her Anti-materiel rifle she left leaning on a rock. She held it up and looked through the scope, aiming at the nearest creature, not even caring what ammo she had equipped in the rifle. In mere seconds she had the creature lined up with her sights and fired, letting the rifle roar as it spat out a .50 MG round. The creature sadly didn’t even know what happened to him, as his body soon split into two bloody pieces. Scarlet quickly aimed the rifle at the other one, but it disappeared into the clouds before Scarlet could even lock on. “Damn,” she muttered to herself.

“You murderer!” Scarlet took herself away from the scope and looked towards where she heard the unfamiliar voice. Standing near her campsite were two horses, one was the horse she met in the apple field, and the deformed Bighorn calf. The two horses looked sick to their stomachs, while the Bighorn calf looked very pissed off.

“Not again,” Scarlet said out loud.


_____________________________________________________________________




I would like to say Scarlet also has the Trigger Discipline trait. She might not be the fastest shooter, but she rarely misses what she's aiming for…which is mostly the head. You could also say she a “heartless” woman too.

Fallout New Vegas is copyrighted Obsidian Entertainment and Bethesda Softworks.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro.
All characters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.