• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 571 Views, 15 Comments

Guardians of the night - Literary



If you are reading this and Fall of the Moon has not occurred then you need not worry you may stop reading at any time, and the Fillies and Colts under my care are just fine. If it has. she is coming back. and it is too late for us. -Mark

  • ...
 15
 571

A New Change of Pace

Canterlot

Luna was going to the balcony to leave when Celestia came up behind her. “I thought you were asleep. It is late after all and you have a big day tomorrow.

I know you have your reservations about the festival Luna. But I would like you to come and be apart of it.

I am sorry sister. But the children need me this night.

Could you skip tonight?

I can skip a night like you can skip raising the sun and your court. It just can’t happen.

Then may I come with you?

Where I go you cannot follow. For you are no powerful than a young child in the plain of dreams.

But all you do is talk to them.

On a personal level sister. You may have the knowledge of many scribes. But I have the ability to connect with them on a personal level. And all you really do in your court is talk to nobles and diplomats anyway.” Then she flew off into the distance leaving Celestia in a mild surprise.

Garden of Dreams

There was a green flash and there on the ground was a small figure. It was shaped like a pony but it had a jagged horn and bug wings. No fur, and it had holes in its legs. It had an aqua marine main and tail. Three seconds later, all the fillies and colts start to scream and run around. Mark went into get it out of the way.

‘What is this thing?’ Mark thought as he ran to get it out of sight.

Once he was where he was sure the Younglings couldn’t reach the thing groaned, it sounded like it had several pairs of vocal cords. “Where am I?” it sounded like a little girl. Then she saw Mark. “Who are you? Why are you not afraid?”

“Oh, my name is Mark. i’m not entirely sure where we are either. And I have a responsibility. Now my turn to ask you some questions. Who and what are you? Where did you come from? And why are you here?” Mark questioned

I am Chrysalis, Princess of the Changelings. I was just in the Badlands Hive when my Mother attacked me. My most Loyal Changeling drone teleported me here. I guess that you are the one.

“I’m not a Drone.”

I know, but please let me repay you.” she wrapped her hooves around Mark before everything went black...
~~~
Mark woke up in the middle of a cocoon. He was suspended in some strange liquid. Everything was tinted green of what little he could see. He went and tried to get out of the cocoon, but he couldn’t get out. So he did the only thing he could think of. Hit the wall as hard as he could.

The shell of the cocoon burst open and Mark flowed out with the Liquid. Although he looked a bit different. He now looked similar to Chrysalis. Only he was slightly taller and a bit bulkier. “What did you do to me?” Mark Demanded, he wanted answers, and he wanted them now.

Why, your a king Changeling now. You can take a harder hit. and you have some very special abilities.” Chrysalis said before giggling a bit. ”The Children Are safe, you don’t need to worry about it. But...” ‘there are no stray thoughts in a hive mind. Your mind in particular is loud but complexed. Normal ponies have two trains of thought. And there are those like me and other Changeling queens that have three. But you… I can’t begin to count them.’ Chrysalis said over a hivemind. Though Mark was less than happy to find out that they were now telepathic.

“WTF! HOW DID I HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS?”

It’s the Hivemind dear. Now I need to teach you a few things if you are to survive like this.

“What is that suppose to mean?” the next thing he knew he was transforming into his old Human form.

This brought a grin from Chrysalis “So. Not only did I find a Good King... I found one from a Legendary species...

“Huh?”

Nothing you need to worry about.” Chrysalis sent a mental image to Mark via Hivemind and he transformed into it.

He was now a green Unicorn with a red main. His Cuitemark was of a dagger behind a Theater mask on a shield.

Nice touch with the Cutiemark. You’ll be ready in no time.

Chrysalis trotted out while speaking to him through the hivemind. ‘I’ll send you the location of my new hive once everything is ready.’ then she teleported out to an almost random, well hidden location.

Just then Luna Landed outside in the middle of the field. And all the Children rushed out to welcome her.

Mark went to see her but she flailed her wings aggressively at him until he said “It’s me. Mark.” At that she calmed down.

What has happened to you Mark?

“Long story short, I’m now a king of some sort. But I will keep my end of our deal by protecting the Children.”

Very well, but I wish to meet your new subjects.

Terrible Idea Mark, don’t agree to it. We must stay hidden.

“Would two be alright with you?”

As long as I can meet them, That is alright. Although how did you change shape?

“A secret of my subjects. And I can’t be share that secret with you.”

Good Answer.

‘Gee thanks.’

Don’t you dare take that tone of thought with Me!’ Chrysalis yelled at him over the Hivemind

‘Ok, ok, ok...’

Good.

Luna was right infront of mark now. “Something wrong?

“No, just talking to my co-ruler.”

How so?

“Thoughts are shared between us.”

MARK! Don’t you even think about IT! well at least not yet anyway.

Mark, could you leave us for a bit please?

“Sure” Mark turned away and left but he still needed to know something but he couldn’t figure out what.

Its ready!

‘I’ll come over in the morning.’

Alright. But you need to come over here soon.

‘Why?’

You’ll see.

Author's Note:

A New Chapter for the Story. I hope you Enjoyed it. Please tell me if it is easier to read with the colored text or not. Any Theories that you have, I'd like to hear as the Story Progresses. I know that there may be some of you that are upset about me bringing in Chrysalis, but my reasons will be Reviled with time. Any Feedback is given is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night
~Literary