• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 574 Views, 15 Comments

Guardians of the night - Literary



If you are reading this and Fall of the Moon has not occurred then you need not worry you may stop reading at any time, and the Fillies and Colts under my care are just fine. If it has. she is coming back. and it is too late for us. -Mark

  • ...
 15
 574

Chapter 3

Equestria
Canterlot Castle
~Three Days Later~

Celestia lay in her room waiting for her sister to come back from one of her urgent “wake up calls.” It was getting a little annoying and a common thing among her subjects. “Where is she?” Celestia moaned. It was time for the sun to rise and time for Luna to lower the moon. Then there is a knock at the door. “Enter.” And in came Luna. “You're late, why is that?

A princess is never late, she arrives precisely when she means to.” Luna Replies with a straight face. They both stare at eachother for a moment before they both start laughing. “I’m ready for the end of my time as princess for the night Sister.” Celestia nods and they both take hold of their respective celestial bodies with their magic, moving the moon under the horizon and the sun above it.

I know you're upset about my decision on the matter sister.” Said Celestia, “But you know I needed to say ‘no.’

I know why, but it would also help Equestria and my night would be appreciated.” Luna said with a sigh.


Equestria
Garden of Dreams
~Same Time~

It was quiet, almost every child was tucked in and sleeping. why almost? Well, Luke was up and about still and growing more and more tired by the minute, he walked over to me and said. “M-m-mark, what is your home like?

“I come from a world that has many names but most just call it earth. It is a big, beautiful world and yet for all its beauty it is extremely dangerous. Since I came here I’ve felt lighter and stronger, it's as if the gravity is lower than that of earth. ”

Ah, so would that be a problem M-m-mark? Are you going to be staying with us?” asked Luke.

“That would appear to be the case for the foreseeable future. Oh and no it isn’t really a problem at all.”

Good.” Luke says before moving closer and falling to sleep.

“Well now what? ” Mark asks himself as he walks out of the room quietly shutting the door behind him.

He then hears something crash in another room. He looks around before walking over to the noise. When he reaches the room with the noise he sees that he is now in an extensive library. The bookshelves were a mile high and stretched as far as the eye could see off to the leftmost bookshelf he sees a single Lavender unicorn with a blue pointed hat and a blue cape.

The unicorn was looking herself over with an expression of wonder. “I’m really here.” she looks around and sees M-m-mark. “Who are you?

It takes Mark a moment to respond. “Who are you?”

The Unicorn stared at Mark for a moment before looking at herself and replying “I’m Starswirl the Bearded.

“And why are you here?” Mark asks the Unicorn

I could ask you the same thing.” the Unicorn said with a bit of an edge to her voice

“I’ll tell you after you tell me. And watch your words carefully.” there was a moment of utter silence. You could hear a pin drop

After a while the Unicorn finally spoke up. “I came to speak to Luna.

“She is at Canterlot.” Mark stated bluntly

The unicorn tried to recover from it. “To see the boo-

Mark knew where the unicorn was going to go from that statement and quickly cut her off. “-Also available elsewhere”

I’m here to check if the architecture-

“-Everything is structurally sound and won’t collapse easily. Stop lieing ‘Star whirl’ or whatever, you are a terrible liar. And that was obvious that it isn’t your real name.”

Fine! My name is Twilight Sparkle and I time traveled back here to find out what happened during this time and try to find out what happened to this place.

“Then why didn’t you say so, my name is Mark although that is all that I am allowed to tell you.”

Why?

“Luna’s Orders, and you might not want to leave this room during the night.”

Again, 'Why?'

“Lets just say, I have a very broad skillset and I’d hate for you experience the dangerous side of it.” Mark spent the rest of the day telling Twilight what little he knew about Equestria (choosing to reserve his knowledge of Earth for some other time). Soon it was nighttime and the children started to wake up. Twilight heard the laughter of the young children and started to try and get closer but Mark kept getting in the way.

Why are you keeping me from finding out where that sound is coming from?

“Twilight, if you see, then I will need to show you my skillset in a way you’ll never forget it.” that got Twilight to get quiet. Suddenly Twilight’s horn lit up, but nothing happened.

Wh-why doesn’t magic WORK WITH YOU?” Twilight sounded Panicked. A small head poked through the door and she took off toward it. Mark tried to catch her before she got out of the library, but Mark was just too slow. “What are all of you doing here? What are all of you doing up so late? Where are your parents? Do they know you're all here?” Twilight turned to Mark. “Do you know about this?

Mark nodded. “I was tasked with keeping them safe.”

Does Celestia know about this?

“It would mean doom for them if she found out.”

But why?

Luke trots up to Twilight. “The reason why is because Celestia isn’t a nice princess. She ignored all of our pleas for help and those that she didn’t ignore she took away, usually too never be seen again. Those that did come back though came back broken. T-t-they were ... different” Luke by now has started to tear up and is stuttering severely

Why would she do that? Can I see the children?” Twilight was confused and startled at this. The notion that her mentor, the most beloved pony in equestria. Did this kind of thing to children; it was just too difficult for her mind to process or to even believe, but no child this young could fake this level of emotion.

Luke took a deep breath and shook his head calming himself down. “The ones that are still alive are only the least severe. They are kept separate from the rest of us for a reason.

Twilight was trying to wrap her head around this “Then what happened to the most severe?

Luke looked up to the sky tears streaming down his face. “They are in mother’s sky now.

It took a moment for it to click but soon Twilight was tearing up and trying to keep from crying. ”Wh-what happened?

Luke wiped the tears from his eyes. “They jumped off a cliff trying to get to the sky. But they fell to the bottom of the cliff.

What about the pegisi?

Their wings were cut off for some other’s sadistic pleasures.” Luke’s words were dripping with disgust.

‘How could Celestia let something like that happen?’ Twilight thought with horror

I can show you where they are in mother’s sky if you want.

Yes please, I think that I would prefer to see that.” Twilight said.


Equestria
Guarden of Dreams Planetarium
~Five minutes later~

Luke led Twilight to the observatory. It was a Large circular platform on a mountainside opposite to Canterlot. The only way you would see the observatory was if you were inside it. The floor was covered in Runes and they each gave a soft glow.

Planetarium, could you show me my brothers and sisters please?” and at Luke’s request the names of every star and a picture of each filly and colt that they are for surrounded them. One in particular drew twilight’s eye. It was a single star that never moved. Twilight reached out and touched the images and they expanded.

Who is this?” Twilight asked as a small light blue pegasus filly showed up next to them. They turned to look at her and she smiled to them. The filly’s voice was quiet when she spoke.

I’m Snowdrop. I was the first that Luna put up in the sky.” the filly said.

Twilight was both shocked that Snowdrop was actually real, and confused as to how this was possible “Are you really Snowdrop? And if so, how are you here?

I am who I say I am, and as to how I am here, the Planetarium lets me appear here so that I can talk to you.

What happened to you? How did this happen to you?

The last thing I remember, was having tea with Celestia, and suddenly feeling really tired.” Snowdrop then started to fade. “What is your name?”

Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight then started to flicker into and out of existence. It was time for her to go back to her own time. “Goodbye.” Then there was a flash of light and Luke was alone again in the Observatory. And with a heavy sigh he walks back to the others.

Author's Note:

here is another chapter

By the way, I have a Question for you.