• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 993 Views, 17 Comments

Big Mac Writes a Love Letter - HiddenMac



Afraid to talk about his secret love, Big Mac decides to write a letter expressing his true feelings. After all, it's easier than awkwardly confronting her...

  • ...
1
 17
 993

CYOE #5: My Little Stalker

Author's Note:

A reminder: these endings are NOT related; this is not a "Big Mac gets all the mares" fic.

There are still apples to buck.

Big Mac woke early to get a head start and make up for the time he missed to his letter fiasco. Well, he didn't so much as "get up early" as "never got to sleep". A light fog covered the orchard as the cool autumn air filled his nostrils. Hopefully since giving his impassioned speech, he could at least work on his own farm with no more interruptions. He approached the first row of trees to begin the days work.

Applejack was justified in being cross with him. Maybe not to the maximum extent she displayed, but justified never the less. Many apples have already fallen off the trees naturally and now litter the ground; bugs and other vermin destroying any chance of them being sold. Mac will have to clear them lest the critters find their way to the fresh fruit in the canopy. The first fruit he would harvest today would be the rotten apples so they don't spoil the bunch. At least he could use them for compost and pig feed. Bringing his cart along, he got to work bending down and picking up the fruit carefully by the broken stems. Since Earth Ponies have neither magic nor wings, he is forced to do so manually with his teeth.

Mac finished the first row of trees before turning to the next. A few trees in, he noticed a rotten fruit stuck between two branches. He always hated these; they have to be removed immediately and precisely so as to not ruin the others. He made an educated guess through years of experience to determine how much force he would need to buck this one out of the tree but not any of the others. He lightly tapped it with a single foreleg: only slight movement. A little harder: it moved a little more. Frustrated, he gave a sharp thwack, dislodging the undesired fruit and a few fresh ones with it. He picked up the fresh ones to pile up for when he would return to harvest the tree.

From the canopy, he heard the familiar sound of leaves rustling and branches breaking as another large blue mass came crashing to the ground. This time, instead of landing on a branch, the trespasser landed on Big Mac himself. The surprising impact knocked Mac onto the ground with the intruder lying on top and facing opposite, her white tail covering Big Mac's face.

At the sudden realization that she had been found out, Fleetfoot jumped to the air and hid behind the nearest tree hoping that her love hadn't identified her yet. Unfortunately for her, Mac remembered the blue coat with white mane as this was not the first time she crashed into him. He got to his hooves and simply followed the airborne dust behind the tree where she had been trying in vain to hide. Once around the tree, he found Fleetfoot coiled in a tight ball desperately trying to hide. She peeked up with a single eye to find the imposing figure of Big McIntosh looking down at her; the horror and humiliation sending her emotions over the edge as tears started running from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry!" she pleaded. "I know I shouldn't be here, but I just had to see you one last time! Please, you're not going to have me arrested, are you?!"

Mac raised a brow, confused at her plea, "N-nope!"

"Oh, thank you!" she jumped to give the farmer a thankful hug. "I was worried you thought me some crazy stalker and would have me thrown in prison!"

Mac blushed at the intimate contact the Wonderbolt bestowed to him; a reflex that thankfully went unnoticed by the preoccupied pegasus and the fortuitous color of his coat. Coming back to her senses, Fleetfoot quickly jumped back realizing he did not feel the same way about her.

"Sorry...again!" she rubbed the back of her head. "I swear, I'm not normally like this!"

"N-nope," Mac nervously agreed again.

Fleetfoot decided it was time to finally come clean and formally admit her feelings. "You see, growing up in Cloudsdale, the only stallions I've ever known were smaller, more svelte pegasi. Being a Wonderbolt, most of my squad-mates are females as the lighter body makes for faster, more agile fliers. Apart from Soarin', who has his eyes set elsewhere, most of the stallions I come across are all flashy with egos the size of an Ursa Major! When I crashed into you...uh, the first time...I was instantly struck by the rugged, thick frame and the flowing, unkempt hair of such a handsome Earth pony." She blushed, matching the color of Big Mac's coat.

She looked away in humiliation as she continued her confession. "I might have been concussed, but I instantly fell in love and imagined a full life of romance and adventure. Then you started giving me presents and, well, I just haven't been able to get you off my mind! I'd occasionally ask Crash...er, Rainbow Dash about her friends hoping she'd mention you, only to listen to her mock you for dressing up as lady to help your sister. But it was then I knew you were the one for me; you'd do anything for the ones you love. If only you felt the same..." she trailed off as she choked back her tears.

Big Mac stepped forward to wipe away a tear, "But Ah do..."

Fleetfoot jumped back, her wings spread wide in astonishment. Was she dreaming again or did the stallion of her dreams actually confess his love?! "B-but...I thought..."

"Miss," Mac interrupted. "I'm a very shy pony; I'm always afraid to talk to pretty fillies liker yerself. When you followed me around that one day, I noticed you. It's always nice to be desired by pretty fillies, especially ones that are Wonderbolts. But ya did come on a little too strong, so I panicked! I pretended to ignore you and Ah'm sorry fer that. Later, I researched a little 'bout ya. I became intrigued; how could a great Wonderbolt such as yerself ever be interested in a simple farmer like me? I tried moving on, failing at more potential relationships, but when I saw you on my farm, I panicked again and ran! Ah might think you crazy, but only in that you have any interest in me. I'm really the crazy one; my dream is to one day have wings of my own, or a horn so I could use magic. Then perhaps Ah can be good enough to deserve your attention."

Fleetfoot put her hoof on her heart. Her entire world just turned upside-down. Not only had Mac noticed her, but he's the one who really wanted her attention! Now it was Mac's turn to look down in shame as Fleetfoot would console him.

"But Mac, I love you for you! I don't want some flashy pegasus or stuck up unicorn; I want the real and honest farmer I fell in love with!"

"Really?" Mac sniffled.

"Yes, and if you really want to fly, I've seen your unicorn friend fly with magic wings... as long as you don't mind looking silly with pastel butterfly wings attached to your large back!" she joked, hoping to light the mood.

"Ah don't care; as long as Ah get to fly with you."