• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 993 Views, 17 Comments

Big Mac Writes a Love Letter - HiddenMac



Afraid to talk about his secret love, Big Mac decides to write a letter expressing his true feelings. After all, it's easier than awkwardly confronting her...

  • ...
1
 17
 993

CYOE #3: Fancy MatheMagics

"Oh, Big McIntosh! You look so handsome!"

Twilight Sparkle picked up the pointy, miniature figurine of the stallion farmer and placed it in front of the assembled congregation. Using her magic, she turned every figurine to face toward the rear as the miniature version of herself walked down the aisle to be wed in a fantasy ceremony.

Since Big McIntosh's speech at the anniversary, Twilight sequestered herself in her castle for the past three days. She had originally assumed his letter was sent only to her. However, the scores of eligible fillies attending the speech proved that theory false. She thought back about that night and the events leading up to it until she remembered planting a big kiss right on the lips of the frightened farmer. Humiliation and regret consumed the Alicorn as she realized that the odds his profession was meant for her were very low. Still, she foolishly kissed him all the same thinking they were meant to be. How could she confront him now knowing the high statistical probability that she forced herself onto a stallion who most likely does not feel the same way? How could they even remain friends? How can "The Princess of Friendship" serve Equestria when somepony she knows very well will now refuse to be her own friend?

The only action Twilight could think of was to hide; to conceal herself in her castle until when, or if this whole mess blows over. She barely ate or slept and refused to groom herself apart from basic hygiene and a lot of cold showers. She once again started to lose her grip on reality as she constantly talked to herself and replayed the previous events with her toy pony collection; this time to more favorable results. Her disheveled mane, twitchy eyes and ears revealed how far she already fell into the depths of insanity; an attribute she possesses whenever she believes her life to be falling apart. She feared all of Ponyville would soon find out about her unwanted advances and her reputation, her crown, as well any possible future relationships would be destroyed.

In this deranged mindset, Twilight controlled what little she could as she marched a miniature replica of herself down the aisle. She had recreated a royal wedding ceremony with herself and Big McIntosh as the bride and groom. In her reality, Mac professed his undying love and they were now to be married inside Canterlot Castle in front of the mass of family and royalty. She had even painstakingly garbed every pony in the appropriate attire while giving "herself" a long, flowing white dress with veil. Every detail was made to be perfect as she united the bride and groom in front of the miniature altar.

"Princess Twilight, you look beautiful!" Twilight mimicked Big Mac's deep voice as best she could.

"Thank you, my love!" she responded to herself. "Everything is perfect; my family and friends are all here, the ceremony is beautiful, and I'm getting married to the most handsome and amazing stallion in all of Equestria! I can't thank you enough for confessing your love to me and making all my dreams come true!"

"Then kiss me, Twilight!" she once again mimicked. "Kiss me because I love you and wrote that letter for you and not some other filly because I love YOU!" She giggled maniacally as she made the tiny figurines kiss.

"Uh, Twilight? Everything OK?" Spike crept in, unnoticed by the demented Princess.

"HIIIIII, SPIIIIIIIIIKE!" Twilight cocked her head to the side as she opened one eye wide as possible with the other twitching. "You're just in time for the exchanging of the rings! Do you want to be the ring-bearer?"

Spike took a cautious step back, "n-no thank you... I... just wanted to see if you were feeling any better."

"I'M A-MAY-ZING! I'M GETTING MARRIED!" she presented the figurines of Mac and herself to the tiny dragon. "SEE?!"

"Twilight!" Spike tried to snap her out of her fantasy, "This isn't real! You have to go outside! We're all getting worried about you!"

"Don't worry about meee... I have my one true love! Worry about all the other fillies that can't have him! Besides, we can't go outside, that's where...HE is!" she turned back to her toys and resumed the ceremony. "Big McIntosh, do you take Princess Twilight Sparkle to be your lawfully wedded wife?" she impersonated Princess Celestia.

"Eeyup!" she answered for the red farmer.

Spike groaned in disapproval. He's seen her in a bad way before, but never quite to this level. It's hard enough trying to reason with her during her "normal" bouts with psychosis; it's going to take drastic measures to get through to her this time. There's only one pony who can make this right; one pony who's responsible for this. Fortunately, this pony is one of his best friends. Spike left the castle and made his way over to Sweet Apple Acres.

---

"C'mon, Big Mac! You have to!" Spike pleaded with the large farmer. "It's even worse than last time!"

"Nope!" Mac responded. He hadn't left his home either since the anniversary and felt too ashamed to show his face around town. How could he possibly confront The Princess of Friendship? If she were truly delusional, he'd fear for his own safety!

"But she really needs to hear from you; whatever you have to say! Surely you can't ignore a friend in need?" Spike reasoned.

Mac contemplated in silence in front of the doors to his barn. He had been occupying his time with whatever busywork to take his mind off how hectic things have been lately. However, Spike is right; he can't just ignore a friend when she needs him the most. Before he could agree and respond, Spike upped the ante in desperation.

"And if you don't go there, I'll tell her about your little secret and she'll fly right over here to get it back!"

That sealed it. There was only one embarrassment Mac would put up with today. He nodded in agreeable defeat as Spike led the way back to Princess Twilight's Castle.

Inside, Twilight was still playing with her dolls. This time the happy newlyweds were celebrating their honeymoon in Caballo San Lucas. As Spike thrust open the door to the room, Twilight hid the figurines from sight, hoping her assistant didn't catch them doing anything inappropriate for a baby dragon to see.

"Good news, Twilight!" Spike cheered in greeting. "I've brought the one pony who can help finally bring you out of this funk!"

Twilight's jaw dropped in horrific shock as Big Mac walked into the room with his head hanging low. This was actually the one pony she had hoped to never see again, yet also hoped to spend the rest of her life with. Spike had deliberately gone against her wishes and brought the reluctant farmer right into her self-imposed exile. However, part of her still considered all this to be a hallucination as she still desired to return to her fantasy life.

"No, NO!" she panicked. "This cannot be; he doesn't love us!" she turned back to face her toy ponies.

"Twilight, I assure you this is real!" Spike exclaimed. "Big Mac is here to make things all better; aren't you?" he sneered at the earth pony.

"E-eeyup!" Mac replied, confused as to the situation.

"But he doesn't love us! He loves somepony else! Only THIS Mac loves us!" she waved around the red doll.

Mac stepped forward and grabbed the toy likeness of himself from Twilight. He then crouched down to her level and proceeded to play along with this facade. If they couldn't get through to her in the real world, maybe this silly idea would succeed.

"Of course this Mac loves you," he attempted a poor imitation of himself, "and so do a lot of ponies that worry about you right now."

Twilight focused her attention on the toy McIntosh being played by the real McIntosh as she controlled her own self. "No he doesn't! Why would he love me?"

"What's NOT to love? Twilight Sparkle is beautiful, extremely intelligent, friendly, helpful, nurturing, caring, strong, magical, everypony likes her, she can defeat any threat, solve any problem." Mac turned his attention from the toys to look Twilight in her tearing eyes. "The question is not why this pony loves her, it's why she would ever love HIM."

"It's not...that is...I can't..." Twilight started to stutter and sob as she couldn't remain in control of her emotions anymore. She fidgeted as she began to panic. She had not been able to think clearly ever since receiving that letter and now it was all coming to a head. The pony she never knew she loved faced her and finally admitted his feelings to her through himself as proxy. But was it his feelings or his tiny representation's feelings? Was he just telling her what she wanted to hear? Is this actually happening or is it all an elaborate hallucination? She trembled in fearful confusion, not knowing what to do next or how to respond.

Sensing that it was all up to him, Big McIntosh dropped the doll of himself and stepped forward at Twilight. As she stuttered, Mac pressed his lips into hers in a prolonged kiss; one more deliberate than the one she shocked him with a few days prior. All confusion left Twilight's mind as she dropped her own figurine; a visual manifestation of all the doubt and uncertainty leaving her body. She reached up and wrapped her forelegs around Big Mac's neck as the two finally shared their first passionate, official kiss as a couple.

" 'Bout time!" Spike remarked. In his mind he always figured his best guy-friend and the pony he saw as his sister would get together, even if they never saw it. He exited the room satisfied as he let the two have their privacy. "Took 'em long enough!"