• Published 7th Jul 2016
  • 993 Views, 17 Comments

Big Mac Writes a Love Letter - HiddenMac



Afraid to talk about his secret love, Big Mac decides to write a letter expressing his true feelings. After all, it's easier than awkwardly confronting her...

  • ...
1
 17
 993

CYOE #6: It's a Working Title!

With the last item thrown indifferently into her wagon, Trixie slammed the door shut, eager to get out of Ponyville as quickly as she could. She's had enough of this Podunk town and all the ponies that constantly disliked her. The humiliation at the Anniversary celebration was the final straw.

Starlight Glimmer sprinted toward her hoping to catch her friend before she abruptly left town.

"Trixie! Wait!"

Trixie turned her head, but kept her scowl as she continued preparing her wagon for departure.

"Trixie! You're leaving already? Just like that?" Starlight asked.

"Sorry, Starlight," Trixie responded, "I just need to get out of here! I'm done with humiliating myself in this one-horse town!"

"Well I never...!" a large horse mare turned up her nose as she walked by, insulted by what she overheard.

"Sorry, Miss Henrietta!" Starlight apologized as she grinned and waved. She turned her attention back to the blue unicorn, "but you just got here; what was so bad that you have to take off so suddenly like this?"

Trixie groaned. Her friend was not going to drop it until she came clean. But how was she going to admit her embarrassment while still sounding Great and Powerful?

"Some stallions just can't recognize a good thing even if it slaps them in the face! I thought there might have been somepony great and powerful enough for me, but obviously I was wrong." She walked over to the front of her wagon to get ready to pull it.

"So you're leaving just because some stupid stallion rejected you?" Starlight queried.

"And I'm never coming back too!" Trixie added.

The news came as a shock to Starlight Glimmer. She has always had trouble making friends, was she now about to lose the first one she made since growing up? She couldn't accept that; she had to insist and convince Trixie not to leave.

"Trixie wait! You can't just leave forever because of a single pony!"

"It's not just him," Trixie admitted, "It's everypony, he was just the last I could take. Every time I come here I end up humiliating myself and everypony ends up hating me. I've had it with all the indignation; The Great and Powerful Trixie deserves better!"

"But if you leave, I'll never see you again!"

Trixie turned back. Starlight was the first true friend she has made in a while and she had no intention of deserting her. She rested her hoof on Starlight's shoulder to console and reassure her. "Sure you will! You can still visit me somewhere else; I'll even perform in that town you came from."

Starlight scraped at the dirt as she had no intention of leaving Ponyville just yet. She was preoccupied with Trixie's leaving that it took her a while to put two and two together and realize which stallion Trixie was referring to: it must have been Big Mac. She heard about the fiasco but couldn't understand why everypony was interested in the dull farmer. Sure, they only spent limited time together, but Starlight felt she knew enough about him to make a decision and move along with disinterest in the silent stallion. Still, she had to ask Trixie why she was inexplicably interested in Applejack's mute brother.

"Wait, is this about Big Mac?"

"Ugh!" Trixie sighed, "please don't say his name!"

"Why were you suddenly so interested in him?"

Trixie walked back to her wagon and attached the straps to pull it hoping Starlight would drop the issue.

"I mean, he doesn't talk!" Starlight continued, "he's so...so BORING!"

Trixie halted her progress. She wanted to forget about him, but she still didn't like hearing him insulted even if it was from her closest friend at the time. She turned back again to finally set the record straight and convince Starlight why she suddenly felt that way about Big Mac.

"Originally, I didn't care; I only went to mock him and his 'true love'. Once I got there, I saw just about every filly in town vying for his attention. So I figured I'd reveal myself and make everypony jealous because I thought he'd instantly fall for me. That didn't work and I just ended up making a fool of myself...AGAIN! When I finally saw him, of course I thought he was attractive; he is one of the most ruggedly handsome stallions I've seen. But what I admired was his honesty and sincerity; how he faced everypony and owned up to his mistake, putting his ego aside and asking forgiveness from all who were there. He's a good stallion; one I never thought I'd like; one I will never deserve. I don't care that he never talks; he let's his actions speak for him and they speak volumes more than mine. That's what got me thinking; thinking about my actions, my intentions, and my life. That's why I'm ashamed."

"Then let us be ashamed together," the large red stallion added from behind her.

Trixie quickly spun around to find Big Mac had snuck up behind her, even without Starlight noticing. He really is one quiet pony! The draft pony stood slouched and nervous at finally confronting his hidden love.

"I'll...give you two some privacy," Starlight trotted off avoiding eye-contact with the new arrival. "I hope he didn't hear me call him boring," she told herself under her breath.

"Big Mac! W-what are you doing here?" Trixie uncharacteristically lacked confidence in her query.

"Ah promised I'd find you. Now Ah'm here to finally make my intentions known properly."

"But...why me? All I've ever done is bully the town and humiliate myself. Surely, you don't mean me!" Trixie pleaded.

"Miss Trixie," Mac explained himself, "you've made mistakes, to be sure. But what drew me to you was your spirit; the way you constantly wouldn't accept to be less than the best. I could tell that you are a fighter; you wouldn't accept any adversity life threw at ya. No matter what may have happened, you make your own destiny and refuse to just submit and take it. Ah suppose I envy that spirit when Ah had mah own troubles. Ah don't agree with many of the choices you've made, but I'm enamored with the tenacity and determination you show when you make them. Life hands you bad cards but you refuse to fold, if anything you stack the deck."

"Yes, The Great and Powerful Trixie is a clever one..." she jokingly bragged about herself.

"Ah don't know if we'd be right fer each other or we'd be polar opposites, but I'd love to get the chance to find out...if you reckon you'll stay for a bit."

Trixie paused as she thought for a moment. A short while ago she didn't really know the silent farmer, now she has the opportunity to have a relationship with one of the most desired albeit quiet stallions in Equestria. Ordinarily, he wouldn't be her type and she wouldn't even give him a second thought, but maybe him being so different is a good thing. She hadn't had much luck so far in her life whether it's dealing with romance, fame, or even friendship. Maybe this change of pace would be a good thing. There's only one way to find out.

"Very well," she threw off the straps to her cart, "The Caring and Affectionate Trixie agrees with her Great and Powerful Stallion!"